2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, & Romance
creepy_town_by_evelt_yanait_by_evelt_yanait-d6es235.jpg

"Oh, you're new here, aren't you? Not many folk wind up in this old town, willingly, that is..."

"Hmm? This is Keresberg. I'm sorry your car broke down, but you can stay here for as long as necessary."

"Hehe, I also happen to run the local inn. I have a room set up for you already, free of charge!"

"But before you get settled in, you need to make a promise. Don't go outside at night."

"Bad things happen to people who go outside at night."

0056418c50745c453c85068e8616604c_original.gif

"Enjoy your stay!"

Synopsis:
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! So, you might be wondering what on Earth I have in store for all of you. Keeping that in mind, I'll try to explain as best I can. What you have seen thus far is but a glimpse into a horror roleplay that I'd like to share with my fellow Iwaku denizens. It's based on But I Love You, a Kickstarter visual novel that is currently in development hell, and for all intents and purposes, will likely never see the light of day.

So, you might be asking, why am I using the plot of a dead visual novel for an RP? The answer is relatively simple. B.I.L.Y. is a romance-horror hybrid. The town of Keresberg has a mystery lurking underneath its calm and quiet atmosphere. The citizens are known to do strange things when no one is looking. Everyone has something to hide. Things only get weirder as a complete stranger finds himself/herself trapped in this secretive place. Slowly but surely the denizens start getting attached to this stranger, seeing him/her as the only link they have to the outside world.

Obsession creeps in. They don't want this stranger to leave.

They want him/her all to themselves.
~
Now, the setup required for an RP of this nature is slightly unorthodox. Whomever chooses to play the stranger heading into town is essentially the protagonist. Everyone else, for lack of a better term, will engage in what might be considered a harem. Just with less comedy and more intense paranoia. The rest of the main cast will vie for the affection of the protagonist, plotting against each other while acting all friendly on the outside.

The stranger, meanwhile, is given the task of solving Keresberg's central mystery. He or she will have to uncover the shocking truth, but that is not all. Will he or she choose to stay in Keresburg forever, or will they escape from the crazed (and oft bloodthirsty) townsfolk? On a side note, the town in question will have a population of less than a dozen. Not even NPC's get their chance to shine.

Assuming any of this sounds remotely intriguing, don't be afraid to share your ideas or ask questions! Either will be greatly appreciated! Or, if this just catches your fancy in general, I'd be equally grateful!

I'd be interested in playing the protagonist, what are the requirements and/or Character Profile?

What are your requirements for the protagonist of this story?

What are your requirements for the protagonist of this story?
Oddly enough my only requirement was that the protagonist has his car break down.

Count me as likely to join.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Interested. Your RPs are always great.

• Love
Last edited:
Reactions: FrostedCaramel
I could hope in as one of the town girls. Looks cools interested.

I thought you didn't like horror?
This is suppose to be horror? Well only on certain things. Like the Goosebumps, that wasn't my thing. This is more creepy than anything. Plus I get to play a obsessive little girl. I'm almost prety much the same thing.

This is suppose to be horror? Well only on certain things. Like the Goosebumps, that wasn't my thing. This is more creepy than anything. Plus I get to play a obsessive little girl. I'm almost prety much the same thing.
Fair enough.

Alright than, mind if I submit a Character Profile for the protagonist?

Name: Damian Alvarado

Height: 6'1

Weight: 185 lbs.
Physical Appearance: crop.jpg

Personality: Damian is the consummate cynic and pessimist. He almost is always looking on the dark side of situations and almost always expecting the worst...people are always guilty till proven innocent in his eyes. He has a snarky and sardonic sense of humor that he mainly uses as a defense mechanism to mask his plethora of insecurities and an ever present inferiority complex.

Bio: Damian Alvarado was born to low income parents in the slums of Spanish Harlem, New York. From an early age he learned he would pretty much have to fend for himself, as his parents were almost never around. At the age of eight, he was taken by child protective services and raised by his alcoholic uncle.

Despite his questionable surroundings, Damian was determined not to fall into the depravity his relatives seemed to be mired in. He studied and did quite well in school, eventually graduating with a 3.4 GPA. A day after he received his diploma, he enlisted in the Army...and he has never looked back. Serving a few years as an enlisted man, he earned a degree with the military and entered O.T.S. and became an Army Officer. He jumped around various fields until he settled on an M.P. He now is in command of a small platoon on his base an a O-3 Captain.

Oohh I get to be a creepy town girl... I can't believe I said that... Surprisingly I don't care. I am done to get in on this action...

I'll admit, I'm both surprised and flattered over how much attention this is getting. I believe we have a stable number for pushing this into its official phase.

Name: May Livingstein

Height: 5' 5"

Weight: 115

Physical Appearance: [spoili]
daad4d46b26a91fe6b3de881cf1d5937.jpg
[/spoili]

Personality: May is a conceited business owner who enjoys making herself and others look good. She will gladly help anyone look their best out of pity. May may appear serious and solemn, but she can be a flirt. As when she finds someone she finds a liking too, May will go after them like a huntress.

Bio: May Livingstein was born in the town as were her parents. It was a close-knit community and everyone knew everyone. She played a few of the other children who were in the town, but barely anyone else came to the town. She was homeschool and taught by her parents to spin clothes and fabrics. May was quite good at it and when she inherited her parent's wealth at their suspicious death she used the fund to start her store where she spun and sold her own clothes.

She did have a falling out later on in her early 20s with the town's [insert] due to a fight they had. May's shop didn't make as much money as she expected since the town is so small. She now spins clothes for fun and goes to tea parties with other towns peoples and especially with her best friend [insert].

Status
Not open for further replies.