Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

MK Ultra rubbed his face against Leon's hand as the roleplayer began to pet him — you know, the way cats do. Meanwhile, a rustling in the bushes soon became audible as a small puppy worked its way through the undergrowth, running towards the group and stopping a short distance in front of them, its tail wagging happily as it looked up at Gwazi and the other group members. MK didn't seem to mind.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Gwazi smiled when he noticed the puppy approach the group, it seemed this power was working. He then looked over at Leon and said "Leon come on, either they die cause you're there or die cause your not? If they get killed either way then you're not to blame for this. You're only crime is being stuck in a very shitty situation. And if that last fight spoke for anything, you helped us live as long as we did. We could use you". The Puppy Gwazi summoned then noticed Leon's depressed state, walked over to him and begin to paw at his legs. Meanwhile Gwazi look back in his notebook and wrote "The Puppy then having appeared through the bushes began to comfort Leon. And then standing above the cat, Muse suddenly returned". Gwazi figured that since he successfully summoned a living creature, he might be able to bring Muse back. Though Muse was both more intelligent, and not exactly human either, so it was a long shot.

Rae blinked at the puppy "i'm so confused" but she shrugged and leaned down, reaching a hand out for the puppy and gently petting it, then looking up at Leon again "really Leon, we need you, seriously" she groaned as she shifted on her knees "Leon, you want to know how to prevent our deaths? stick around and stop us from doing stupid crap that could get us killed" she looked around "we're kinda in the open, we should probably find somewhere safe to rest, i think we all need it"

Leon kept petting the cat (and ignored the puppy) as he listened to the others' words, not understanding how they could put so much faith in him. How could they trust him at all, if he didn't even trust himself? But... What they said did sound reasonable, even if it wasn't something he could accept right now. Running away right now wouldnt really solve anything either and would deprive the duo of a much-needed meat shield.
Finally he nodded, letting out a sigh. "Fine," he said as he raised himself from the ground (making sure to harm neither cat nor dog), "But I want you to stay behind me at all times and use me as a shield. I'll go wherever you want me to go, just point me in the right direction." But what if an enemy approaches us from behind? Have you thought of that too, Leon?

Last edited:
Gwazi looked around briefly and saw no sign of Muse, disappointing. But Rae had a point, they needed to keep moving. He bent down to pick up the puppy and said "We do need to find ourselves some shelter", though he looked at Leon and said "But seriously Leon, stop beating yourself up. You're one of us, you're not above us, you're not below us. You're an equal... All three of us are equals here". Saying 'three' felt funny to him, as if he was forgetting someone. Regardless though he glanced around for any sign of a Cave, and not too far he could see a rocky formation to which he pointed and said "Over there. We might find somewhere to stay warm". To which he started to walk towards, he looked down at the puppy and said "I'm going to have to find a name for you".

When Gwazi said 3 she had a weird feeling and glanced around, but yeah, there were only 3 of them there, she shook off the feeling. Rae had been leaning down and as such groaned when she finally straightened.
when Gwazi pointed out the cave she replied "oh thank god" she started walking then stopped and gestured to the cat "come on ... Kitty ... i'll figure out your name later" she chuckled at Gwazi and the puppy.
the cave wasn't far away so she didn't worry about it, though she was still tired. she really hoped it was safe but she didn't want to worry anyone so she didn't say anything.

Leon followed the duo to the cave -- or more accurately, led them there. Or was led there by them. One of the three. Probably. The one 'person' that he did actually lead there was MK Ultra, by virtue of picking up the kitty cat and draping him over his shoulder, petting the cat as he walked towards the cave [[Assuming that MK Ultra doesn't protest; if he doesn't want to be carried, Leon won't hold him.]]. Once there, he gently placed the cat back on the ground before sitting down on a large, flat rock near the entrance. "I'll keep an eye out for now," he said. "Try to make yourselves comfortable for as long as you can, because I'm afraid we can't stay here forever."

After a short silence, the young man spoke up again. "So... Does either of you have any plans on what to do next?"

Last edited:
Eventually the three of them made it inside the Cave. Once inside Gwazi glanced around quickly to make sure that no one was inside, and then once the coast seemed clear he put the puppy in his arms down who then proceeded to run in circles and chase his own tail. Gwazi then heard Leon mention that he was going to keep lookout and replied "We should aim to get what sleep we can. Wake me up once you get tired or a few hours pass, whichever comes first. That way we can switch and all be at our full ability". He then looked back at the Puppy who was now looking up at him and stated "And you still need a name...", and after a bit of contemplating he said "I know! I'll call you Magnum", to which Magnum seemed to bark happily. Gwazi then looked up at Rae and asked "I suggest you get some sleep too while we can. Though, hows the Cat? It's rather odd for it to seemingly just appear from a Portal that Muse was sucked into".

Rae sat down on a rock just inside the cave once they'd determined it looked safe. Rae reached down and pet the cat, at which point she noticed a collar and checked it, she muttered "well hello MK Ultra, interesting name" she pet him again and looked up as Leon said he would keep watch, she couldn't think of a better idea, though he was probably in about as worse shape as they were, so she didn't protest. then Gwazi told her to get some rest and asked about the cat "he's seems alright, though his appearance was a little confusing he seems friendly"
she yawned and stretched "yeah, i should probably rest, i'm burnt out" she smiled "no pun intended" she slid off the rock and onto the floor, it was rough but she'd gone camping plenty of times so she just pulled off her jacket, which, while slightly bloody, had kept relatively clean through this whole thing, rp physics she guessed, and rolled it up to lay her head on. she heard Leon's question "honestly? i'm not sure, try to get stronger maybe? prepare ourselves for the next time we fight GM?"

Gwazi then heard Leons question and replied "Like Rae said, we need time to get stronger. We don't stand a chance in our current state. Perhaps we should find some sort of mentor to help us train our abilities to start? Also, we should keep an eye on the Cat, no telling what kind of magic is going on there, or if it can lead us back to Muse". Then noticing the dirt ground Rae was having to improvise sleeping on with her jacket he re-opened his notebook and wrote down "As the group got ready to go to sleep, Gwazi looked around for spare supplies and behind one of the rocks were three sleeping bags and a large pet bed". He then went to check behind the rocks and conveniently enough there were the supplies. "I got us some gear" he said with a grin on his face and pulled it all out for the others to see.

Apparently, Gwazi was able to summon random objects from nowhere with that notepad of his somehow. Well, that was convenient, if nothing else. Sadly, it didn't look like it was about to bring Muse back, or do anything else particularily handy other than providing resources for the group without having to drag it around all over the place. Oh, if only Leon had had that ability; then history might just have taken a completely different turn -- and then Rose and Euclid might still be alive... No. Stop thinking about that. Nothing you can do now will change that, so stop! The young man shook his head in an attempt to get rid of the constantly returning thoughts and memories; he needed to focus on his task, and this was not helping at all.

Leon nodded when he was told by Gwazi to wake him up after a few hours. "Yes, I'll do that. You two just get some rest now. I'll wake you up when it's your turn, Gwazi." With that, he turned back to the entrance of the cave, looking around to see if he could see anything. "As for that cat, he helped guide Callum and I across the void and towards the rest of you. And remember what... What GM said? He ordered that lizard creep to kill the cat first above everything else. I guess that means that he has far greater powers than any one of us has, if even GM is afraid of him. And since he hadn't even tried to kill us all, unlike pretty much everything else, I'm hoping that means he's on our side." Of course, the last couple of times you hoped anything, said hope was snuffed out almost immediately. But suuure, Leon, just keep hoping again and again instead of learning your lesson.

Rae took a sleeping bag and laid it down "thanks Gwazi"
She thought about what they said then tried to get into a relatively comfortable position. her knees were bent and almost to her chest, and her hands were clasped in front of her chest.
she gazed around at them then at the cat for a second before letting her eyes slip shut. her mind wouldn't shut up though and there was a nagging pit in her stomach, like she was missing something. she had also hadn't eaten in awhile.
she sighed quietly and curled up a little more. she wasn't sure if she was gonna get any sleep but she could try. slowly she slipped into a restless sleep, accompanied by a nightmare.

"Wait, that cat 'Guided' you? So this cat isn't your normal cat?" Gwazi asked curiously at Leon. "And it's a cat the GM cares more about than us? Must be some powerful cat", he continued. He considered staying up longer to discuss this but decided that it would be best for everyone to get some sleep and be at top performance, besides they could continue about this tomorrow. "Anyways, we can talk about it more tomorrow, getting rested should be our top priority now" he finished before lying down in his sleep bag and going to sleep.

An unknown amount of time later, Leon found himself yawning, breaking the eerie silence of the night. How late was it anyway? How many time had passed? Hours? Minutes? Without the assistance of anything to really gauge time by, Leon just didn't know. Maybe he should go and wake up Gwazi now. ...But what if it only had been an hour or so? Gwazi needed the rest too, so... Just a bit longer, He could take it. Probably. All he needed to do was just rest against the wall for a moment, and he could easily last for a bit more time.
NO! Leon jolted away from the wall, forcing his eyes wide open. Okay, this wasn't working; he had almost fallen asleep in that position. Apparently he was more tired than he actually felt. Which meant that he should really wake up Gwazi, before he fell asleep on-duty, or missed something important in his fatigue. Yawning again, he walked towards his sleeping comrade, intending to wake him up for the shift change. "Gwazi? Hey, Gwazi..."

MK Ultra meowed loudly as he heard Leon's voice and approached him, hoping for some attention. Mystical and magical as he may have been, he was still a cat, after all. And cats tend to be most active when their owners are asleep. MK's focus then shifted towards Gwazi, and he started sniffing at the sleeping roleplayer, before placing his paws on him and kneading his flesh the way cats do. Whether MK knew that Leon was trying to wake Gwazi up and wanted to help or whether he was just being a cat was up for debate.

In the middle of Gwazi's sleep he started to feel a pushing motion, slowly opening his eyes he noticed both Leon and the Cat trying to wake him up. He slowly sat up and asked "What's going on? Did something happen" as he reached a hand out to start petting the cat. After a few seconds he then also stated "Well hopefully it's not an emergency, judging by the lack of screaming".

the sound of voices worked it's way into her dream, but didn't quite wake her, she let out a little groan and curled a little tighter in her sleeping bag. her dream took place in a long dark hallway. she was afraid of the dark, though she hardly showed it. She had a feeling there was something at the end she needed to reach and something behind her she needed to escape from, but she had no idea what either was. she started walking slowly down the hall.
the few words spoken by her companions becoming indistinguishable whispers in the dark that urged her forward. she moved faster with every step as whatever was behind her only seemed to get closer and what was in front of her didn't get any closer. somewhere the rational part of her brain had figured out this was a dream, but the rest of her brain was too loud for her pay attention to that, and she was just getting more and more scared. she started to toss and turn outside the dream.
she started to run, her breath was ragged. a knot rose to her throat as she felt whatever was behind her getting dangerously close.

"No, there's no e...mergency," Leon said, stifling another yawn. "It's just your turn." Leon still didn't know whether it was really Gwazi's turn time-based, but he did knew that trying to fight the fatigue at this point would only cause him to miss something vital. And although he could respawn, his newfound comrades more than likely could not. "If you get too tired, just wake me up again, okay? Don't try to force yourself." Leon willfully neglected to tell Gwazi that he just tried that very same thing, and almost left them defenseless as a result. Still not feeling happy about that whole thing, he decided that he would lay on top of his sleeping bag instead of in it, so that he wouldn't get trapped in it in case something would surprise them

It was at this point that the young man's attention was instead drawn to Rae, who apparently was not in a happy mood. "Hey, Rae?, Leon started. "Are you okay?" A dumb question. Of course she wasn't okay, because people who are okay don't toss and turn in their sleep, nor does their breath all irregular like that. Should he wake her up? On one side, she was obviously not feeling fine right now, but on the other, waking her up right now would cause her to wake in a completely strange location, with two semi-strangers around her and with her brain still in nightmare mode. No, it was probably for the best to just let her brain fix the problem herself, or console her when she woke up by herself -- if she even wanted to be consoled, of course.

Gwazi rubbed his eyes tiredly before saying "Alright, I'll get on lookout then" as he slowly got himself out of his sleeping bag. But then he also noticed Rae being seeming to struggle and be disturbed as she slept. He shrugged and said "It might be a good idea to wake her... This is an RP and all, Dreams aren't always... friendly". He picked up Magnum and walked over to Rae, kneeling down let Magnum down besides her. To which Magnum began to get all playful and start to lick Rae's face while pushing at her face. Gwazi looked back at Leon and said "It's better if the Puppy does it... I mean who wouldn't want to be woken up by a puppy?".

Rae felt whatever was following her reach out for her and she cried out, eyes opening. suddenly her face was wet and she blinked in panic at the puppy, after a few seconds she calmed down and gently pat it's head. she glanced up at the boys "i'm sorry ... did i wake you up?"she groaned slightly and pulled herself up into a sitting position, hand on the puppy for comfort. "did something happen? is everything alright?"
she thought she heard something in the distance, but she wasn't sure what it was "how long have i been asleep?" she wrapped an arm around her stomach. she heard the noise again "can you hear that?"