Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

Rae was so exhausted she couldn't really be surprised by the sudden appearance of a forest and some fairies "oh, cool" she groaned and looked around at them "i'm just hoping their friendly because we definitely can't run away right now" she watched the little figures "should we go talk to them, maybe they have healing powers, can get us back on our feet" she looked around "wait, are any of us even in the shape to walk over there?"

They don't hate me? They don't want to kill me for what I've done? Leon didn't understand; he pretty much hated himself, so how could anyone else not hate him? Still, they seemed to want to accept him at least for now, so...
"...My name's Leon," the young man stated. "I'm... I'm so sorry for what I may have done to you. Especially you, Books," he spoke to the tired girl, events coming back to him one by one. "I must've scared you to death that day. I'm really, really sorry..."
He looked around at everyone before continuing. "I can't ask you to forgive me; all I can do is apologize and try to make up for it..." He fell silent. What else was there to say? Either they would accept it, or they wouldn't.

Leon nodded when Muse explained GM's motives to Rae; that much he had found out for himself. "Muse is right, this is all about some twisted kind of fun to him. GM sees this as some kind of game. And what fun is it to defeat someone so far below your own level, right? Right now we're like baby mice pitted against a cat -- two of them in fact. if you count that lizard thing. He's just playing with us, like a cat does with his prey before devouring us. But if he kills us all... then there's nothing left to play with. So he keeps us alive, so that he has something fun to do at a later date."

It was about this point in time when the universe apparently decided to recreate itself in the shape of a forest -- something which involved a very bright white light for some reason --, quite effectively cutting off Leon's explanation. "Uhm... What just happened?," he asked, obviously confused. Well, at least it's slightly better on the mind than floating on nothingness, so there's that. He rose to his feet, trying to get a better point of view than he had while lying on the ground. There were these light thingies floating around between the trees, which according to Muse were fairies? Which meant they were in a fantasy roleplay of some kind now. But which one? And, more importantly, where had this roleplay come from all of a sudden? Was GM able to create entire worlds now? Although Leon didn't want to dismiss that possibility off-hand like that, he figured that GM would have made a slightly darker creation than this. Something involving invisible monsters, man-eating plants, dryads that could summon unbreakable vines to strangle hapless victims and- Stop thinking like that!

"I'll go." Leon answered Rae's question. "If they are dangerous, then at least I'll be able to survive." Sort of, at least "And if they're friendly, then everything is okay, right?" That being said, he started to slowly walk towards the what-were-probably-fairies.

Last edited:
Suddenly the whole group seemed to appear in the middle of a forest, with fairies all about. Like the rest of the group Gwazi was left confused for a moment, but very quickly gave a sigh of relief before saying "Well at least we'll no longer in that void anymore". Then once Leon said he would go ahead and talk to the fairies Gwazi got up and said "I'll go to, just to be safe. No offense but each time you died you've been getting weaker and weaker, it wouldn't do us much good if you killed yourself the point of barely being able to fight anymore now would it?".

MK Ultra turned his head around at their surroundings. Beneath them was a plot of sandy soil — perhaps previously a field before it all died out — with a plain-looking pine forest a bit off in the distance. There was a slight chill in the air, suggesting that it might be early autumn.

MK's ears perked up as he seemed to sense something. Meowing, he started to head off into the forest, occasionally pausing and looking over his shoulder to make sure that Callum was still following. As they started off into the forest, a pale blue light started to become visible in the distance.

"They're not too far away, I don't think…" Muse replied tiredly to Rae. "And they're probably not hostile…" he continued, before Leon and Gwazi decided that they would be the ones to go investigate. As the two roleplayers approached the area, though, the glowing fairies dispersed further into the forest like timid insects.

"My question, though…" Muse started to speak up before yawning, his exhaustion soon leading him to slowly sink down to the grassy floor beneath him, sitting down comfortably. "Is why the void vanished so quickly the way it did…" he thought aloud. "Then again, maybe it's not really worth wondering about… at least not at the moment." he continued, exhaustion clearly contributing to his apathy.

Callum stay quiet as MK-Ultra looked around, before carefully following him into the forest. He shivered...when he actually look at himself he noticed that his jacket had disappeared...

He liked that jacket, that jacket was a great jacket....and now it was gone.

"Meh" Callum muttered under his breath as he chased after MK-Ultra. "This better be a normal forest....not a haunted one...or a ghost one...or a spider one. In fact, if there is anything mystical to this forest I'll be...Furious...." Callum rambled on, gently dodging the branches that tried to stab his eyes out.

"I mean....I wonder if-" Callum stopped as he saw the faint blue light.

"Oh for....." Callum swore under his breath as he continued to walk.

...Apparently the glowing thingies had no interest in interacting with them, instead flying away from Gwazi and Leon before the duo could reach them. Well, at least they didn't try to kill them either, so that's good. Figuring that heading after the fairies right now would mean they needed to split up the group (which is never a good idea), Leon stopped in his tracks. "Let's head bak to the group, shall we?," he suggested to Gwazi. "I mean, chasing after those whatever-they-ares feels like a bad idea, considering how half of the group can barely walk, let alone fight". On which side Leon himself fell, he didn't really know -- probably right near the line.

Rae watched the fairies keep getting farther away. "they probably shouldn't follow them, depending on what kind of fairies those are" she laid back on the grass with a groan "so... none of us are dying, the void's gone, GM's gone," she looks around at their group "anyone got any idea what the hell we should do next?"

As Gwazi and Leon approached the fairies they seemed to run off. Once they had Leon suggested they head back to the others, to which Gwazi replied "Yea we probably should. No sense in chasing those who want to avoid us. Especially when half our group can't really move". Then heading back to the others he said "Well, whatever this places is the locals don't seem to happy about us being here... Or they're just really shy".

"Probably shy. I'm a huge fantasy person and most fairies aren't very fond of people." Books said lying down on the grass. "Can I just take a nap here or no?" She asked, her blonde hair was sprawled out across the ground. She was so tired and drained. "Maybe the glowing things are sprites but this is just my brain going into a endless loop of tiredness so ignore me cause I may start rambling." She said putting one of her thin arms over her eyes.

"I... don't feel like I have any right to make decisions just yet," Leon said. "I'll go along with whatever you decide. That said... maybe we should just rest up for the moment? I don't know when we'll be able to do so again, so..."
Seeing as the general concensus seemed to be to take this blissful moment of peace and milk it for all it's worth, Leon sat down too.

"...Anyway, I don't think we have any chance to defeat the GM head-on, especially not right now; he would just wipe the floor with us," Leon returned the topic to an earlier point. "I... think I might have an idea though."
Leon then explained what he had discussed with Callum earlier on; how GM had a laptop that seemed to be the source of his power, how messing with it had apparently directly affected at least some of GM's powers, and how they had figured that maybe, if they somehow could get access to the thing, they might be able to take down GM. "The only problem would be that there seems to be a security measure of some kind on it; I think it kicks in whenever someone not him touches it. Which means we need to distract him for a bit. Which means..."
Leon fell quiet. If the people before him had any intelligence -- considering the fact that they were still alive after everything that had happened to them, they likely did --, he figured that they would've come to the logical conclusion already. The best person to distract GM for any amount of time would be someone that he wouldn't be able to kill quite so easily. In other words, either Muse or Leon.

Muse let out a deep sigh. "Yes, we should rest." he replied to the common group consensus. "Rest and think…" he soon added, a swarm of questions still running through his head. And while Muse himself didn't even really know where to start with all of said questions, Leon was thankfully willing to get everyone started.

Muse nodded as he listened to Leon's explanation about the laptop. "Yeah, I had a feeling he controlled things from some sort of computer. His powers don't really work the same as ours do; it's all a bit more… computer-y. Like, everything we do is based on imagination, but, for him, things seem to be based more on… programming logic. Programming he can change whenever he likes, but, still. Now that I think about it, it sort of feels like he'd be more at home in some sort of MMO game than a world made from writing-based roleplay…" he rambled.

Slight confusion came over his face, though, as Leon finished his explanation. "Wait," he spoke up, blinking curiously. "You mean me? You think I should distract him?" he asked, pointing at himself, before he sighed and shook his head. "Listen, I know GM and I might look like some sort of yin-yang-type-thing going on, but we're really not that evenly matched." Muse told him. "In fact… that last battle made me realize — he might have an even stronger hold on me than I thought." he added darkly. "Not only did he keep me out of the fight the whole time, but he even said something like 'I should've never let you go free'… Which makes me wonder, I mean, like I said before, I don't even have too much of a memory of what I was doing before I came to this world. And, now that I think about it, I don't even remember meeting GM, either, I've just always sort of… known him." he continued, eyes fixed on the ground. "And now I'm worried that, like, what if I was just one of GM's little playthings all along…?" he suggested hesitantly, the very thought a haunting one. "I mean, hell, isn't that how he sort of sees all of us?" he grimaced. "Ugh… why does this have to be so fucking hopeless…"

Rae made herself sit up and look at Muse "Hey, it's alright, you think you're like that lizard thing? just something GM created?" she groaned and pulled herself to her feet "you're not having any homicidal urges or anything right? well, none more then normal?" she managed a smile "we're all still breathing, right now, i think that's all that really matters"

Gwazi suddenly spoke up and said "We're not having anyone fight the GM on their own". He then paused for a moment to let that sink in and then continued with "We couldn't even touch his henchmen as an entire group, there's no way that we should be reasonably expecting just one of us to handle the bigger guy. What we need now is time, time to stay out of sight, gather resources, allies, tools and then eventually come back and surprise him, together. But neither today nor anytime soon is going to be that time.".

MK Ultra ignored Callum's expression of annoyance as he continued to lead the roleplayer through the forest. When they reached the source of the bright light, it was revealed that it wasn't any sort of mystical or ghost light at all — rather, a portal that seemed to be straight out of some sci-fi setting, sitting alone, rather out-of-place in its forest-y surroundings. The cat stepped forward and walked around the portal a few times, pointing out that there were no wires connecting it to anything nearby — it simply stood out of the ground, by itself. MK then stopped and sat in front of Callum, looking up at him, as if asking him what he wanted to do with it.

Books pushed herself up into a sitting postion. "We'll figure things out Muse. But what Gwazi said is right. Anyone of us trying to distract the GM will more than likely be seriously injured or worse. All we can really do is try gather information on him and gather resources. Not much else, we're all in a bad situation so we just have to make the best of what we've got for now." She said looking at him with her tired blue eyes. If GM did create Muse the blonde girl wouldn't feel threatened by Muse. She trusted him with her life.

"Wait, no!," Leon exclaimed, a bit louder than he intended to. "I... didn't mean you. I'm the only one who can respawn, right? So..." The young man's voice trailed off once more, the words not wanting to leave his mouth. The very thought of facing GM again brought fear to his heart, and yet he knew it was unavoidable. At best they could run away from him, try to get stronger, but it would just be delaying the inevitable.

"But yes, you're all right," he gladly went along with the change of subject.. "We don't stand a chance against him right now,regardless of strategy. I just... I just wanted to share this with you, in case something happens again". Callum was already killed, meaning that Leon was the only one left with this bit of information. Therefore, if -- or rather when something would happen to him, GM's one known weakness would once again be forgotten.

"Holy shit stick on a hotdogl!" Callum blurted out as the portal came to sight. He wandered up to it...ever so carefully gracing it's frame. "Well..." Callum flinched as he put his hand through it before taking it away. He looked down to Mk-Ultra ecstatic.

"Something Cool! Mystical Portals! Though I wonder if it's like a wormhole. Or if there's an orange portal somewhere...Hopefully not on the moon cause I wouldn't live very long. Does this place even have a moon? Actually does everything just do crap randomly because science here doesn't really work as it would do. So I guess if you really think about it depends if the person who created the world actually thought about. But maybe I could change it if I wanted to which would be swwweeeee-" Callum stopped before starting to laugh.

"Oh...Don't look at me like that..." Callum turned away before going to the other side. "This does seem awfully out of place....perhaps we're on a spaceship...like that episode of Doctor who...man that was a strange plot. I mean...Cybonic treeeesss.....cause fuck real trees am I right?" He jeered as he walked in circles.

"Well....I think as there is a mysterious portal that leads to anywhere-" Callum shrugged. "Possibly even the moon! And Honestly Mk there's only one thing that I can possibly do...I'm a gonna go right through it" He grinned as he took a step back.

"I'm going to be so pissed if this sends me to the mooooon~" Callum jumped into the portal

"Right… information and resources… good point." Muse nodded, echoing Books along with what seemed to be the general consensus of the group. "Best we can do is prepare ourselves, I suppose." he agreed halfheartedly, though his thoughts still dwelled on the fact that GM was practically a God to all of them, and they had no choice but to play by his rules. Still, maybe if they learned enough, they might be able to find some weaknesses… maybe… He let out another sigh.

"Welp, I suppose the first thing we should do is figure out what the hell just happened to this place." he spoke up, shoving his minor existential crisis aside for a moment in an attempt to make himself useful. "I mean, a second ago, this was all void, right? And RP's don't just appear out of nowhere this quickly and this fleshed out already." he continued. "Maybe this has something to do with what's going on with the Guild out in the real world…" he contemplated. "Thoughts, anyone?"

Rae rubbed at her eyes "um... maybe, maybe something out there has power?" she tried to think "maybe the guys who run rpg have something to do with it?" she looks around "but you are right, I've been in a lot of roleplays, this looks far more thought out then any I've ever played, at the beginning anyway" she wrapped her arms around her abdomen "i don't like it, the whole thing's unnatural"