Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Leon sighed. Did Gwazi really have to use his dog to wake Rae up? For one, a dog licking your face is gross, and second, he was not at his post at the cavern entrance. Regardless, Gwazi's attempt to wake Rae had worked, leading to the girl to ask if anything had happened. "No, don't worry. We were both awake," Leon tried to calm the girl. "There's nothing to worry abou-".

And of course this universe insisted on proving Leon wrong yet again. Maybe he should try tricking it by reverse psychology sometime; something like 'It looks like we'll be stuck in this place for the rest of our lives. There's definitely not going to be an exit back to the real world just around the corner or something'. Yeah, that might work... Of course, he wonldn't be able to actually try it until the next morning, but hey. Details...
Leon's mentral insane train was derailed by a sudden explosion of voices from outside the cave. Moments later, the owners of said voices, a group of armed natives, stormed into the cave. Before Leon even knew what was happening, one of the natives had ran right up to him and struck him in the head with something heavy, knocking him into the ground. He was out before he even hit the cavern floor...

Using Magnum to wake up Rae seemed to have worked, though Leon seemed to have a look of disapproval over it. Regardless though Gwazi proceeded to answer Rae's questions, "No you didn't wake us, we were just changing shifts and seemed to be getting troubled in your sleep. Nothing happened, we're all alright, and you've only been asleep for a few hours I believe". But before Gwazi could ask if she was ok he could also hear the noises from behind that Rae also seemed to pick up. He turned around sword out in preparation, for it could be GM sneaking up on them. Though all the sudden what seemed to be Native popped out and were attacking them, before he knew it Leon was knocked out and Gwazi replied with swinging his sword. He managed to fell one of the Natives but was quickly then swarmed by the sheer number of Natives and was knocked out himself as well.

MK Ultra's fur puffed up as the cave suddenly filled with natives. He hissed as Leon and Magnum were both knocked out one by one, but, as a single cat, there wasn't much he could do for the group, and, unlike in earlier battles, he didn't seem to have any additional powers that would help them, here. He growled and raised a paw threateningly, ready to try to fight back, but it seemed he was incapable of defending much of anyone besides himself.

It wasn't even remotely a fair battle. Maybe it was just because the trio with cat was very tired, maybe it was a lack of experience, or maybe it was the fact that they were hopelessly outnumbered -- or a combination of any of the above. Regardless, the battle, if you may even call it that, was over within seconds. Once Leon, Gwazi and Rae were all knocked out, the natives picked them and their fallen comrade up and carried them off to destinations unknown. As for MK Ultra: seeing how he looks to be just a normal cat to most people, the natives ignored him, not bothering to harm a seemingly harmless cat.

Some time later, the still-unconscious troupe was unceremoniously dumped in a cell in the native's camp, their weapons and other posessions that either seemed dangerous or valuable having been taken away from them. Two guards stayed just outside the cell, holding a menacing-looking spear. The rest of the group carried off deeper into the camp, minus thee other natives; one of the three being the dead man, the other two having split up earlier to bring him to a funeral grounds of some sorts. The cell itself was very barren, not even a chair or anything being inside of it. A small hole in the ground in one of the corners could be used if the prisoners ever needed to do their thing, but that was about all of the 'luxury' in the entire place. There wasn't even a simple blanket for people to lie on.

If Gwazi and company had some kind of bird's-eye camera (and weren't unconcious) to overlook the camp, they would see a decently-sized hill to the north of the camp with a large ornamental building on the very peak, presumably either the chieftain's hut or some kind of animistic temple. Other noteworthy locations were a large rectangular hut with people walking in and out of it, and a small plaza in the center of the village with a 'road' leading straight towards it from the village's edge. As for the prison they were in; it was mostly hidden underground, being nigh invisible from the outside. The only clue was the two armed guards that would otherwise be standing in front of a small hill for no apparent reason (instead of, you know, on top of the hill and looking away from the village) and a small pipe-like object to provide some fresh air to any prisoners.

Eventually Rae awoke. Her head swam. all she really needed was for the universe to give her a break. she couldn't quite make her eyes focus and her glasses had been cracked when she was attacked. her whole body hurt, and she wanted to cry but through the haze she could hear Gwazi and Leon breathing and forced herself to calm down. she had to look at the situation objectively. they'd been capture, from what she could make out in her swimming vision, which was very slowly coming into focus, all their weapons were gone. she could feel that some of her magical energy had been restored, so she might be able to fight back. very, very carefully she pushed herself up into a seating position, the simple action taking several minutes. then she sat still to let the nausea and the blurriness fade again. she carefully turned to check on her companions "Leon? Gwazi? Hey, you guys awake? you guys alive?"

Hearing Rae's voice Gwazi began to wake up. He groaned as he slowly opened his eyes, looking above he could definitely see cage bars meaning they weren't in the cave anymore. He turn his head slightly to see Rae sitting next to him and Leon, he coughed a bit bruised from the last encounter and said "Well, at least we're not dead" and then after scanning the cage quickly with his eyes he added "It's like the Amazons all over again... except this time I got caught". Then he suddenly began to pat his hands against his legs as if looking for something before stopping and cursing "Shit... They got the notebook".

Last edited:
"Ow, ow, ow...", Leon grumbled. His head hurted like someone had struck him in the head with a heavy and blunt object. ...Which was likely because that was exactly what happened, so that explained that. So... Where were they now? It was obvious that they weren't at the cave anymore, but where was here? A quick (read: painfully slow as to not pass out again) look around taught Leon that they were apparently in some kind of cell. But made by who? And why? Were they captured by GM? No, that didn't make sense, considering the circumstances. GM wouldn't have bothered to wait until everyone was half asleep before ambushing them; he would have just stormed the cave in broad daylight and curb stomp them just to prove how powerless they were to him, all without breaking a sweat.

Anyways, back to reality (sort of). "Yeah, I'm alive," Leon muttered. Although part of him wished that he had 'died' during the encounter with... whoever their captors were, seeing as that would have caused him to respawn with a non-busted-up body. Sure, he still felt some lingering pain upon respawning, but not as bad as this. Still, he couldn't give in to it just yet; they needed to get to a safer location first.
"So... Let's do a checkup," Leon said, trying to project a certain calmness. "We're all relatively okay. That means they don't want to kill us, or at least not just yet -- otherwise they would've just done so while we were all knocked out. This gives us time to think of a way to get out of here... Say, Rae, do you still have your powers?" Somehow Leon doubted that the natives were able to take their powers and abilities away too, but he'd rather find out now than upon his death. "And Gwazi, did you see who attacked us? I was out before I even saw them, so..."

Last edited:
Rae let out of sigh of relief when both of the men replied that they were in fact alive. the breath sent a pang of pain through her head and she had to close her eyes and sit still for a second until it went away. then she looked back up at them, at which point Gwazi mentioned the notebook "shit, I was really hoping you could get rid of the cement grinder in my head, guess I'll have to deal with it...
she groaned as she shifted to a more comfortable position and looked them over "you guys look like crap, I hope they didn't hurt you too badly..."
Leon's calm tone with his 'check-up' made her relax a little, which eased some of the pain. she nodded in agreement to his assessment, then had to stop and think "I'm honestly not sure, well I mean it's still there if that's what you're asking" she put a hand out "but I feel like a car running on empty, I'm sure I could conjure up enough to get us out of the cell at the very least, but I'm not sure what else I could do" she felt for the power in her chest, it was there, actually stronger then before they were taken here "actually, funny enough being unconscious seemed to have helped, to a degree" she looked at them "either of you have any other ideas? or is it up to me?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'd advise not breaking out at the moment" Gwazi interjected. "Me and Leon while armed were taken out by these guys rather fast. I'd rather not repeat the fight while without a weapon". Then responding to Leons question he said "And the people who attacked us were Natives of some kind. Primitive, but tough, and they know what they're doing... Plus remember this an RP world so there's probably more to them than meets the eye". He then slowly inches himself up, so he is sitting up with his back resting against the cage wall. "My notebook might not have helped with your head anyways though Rae" he said to Rae's wishful request, summoning something small and curing someone medically are two very different things".

"Well, maybe you could have spawned some aspirin?," Leon suggested, raising his body from the ground. "I mean, that should be within the realm of possibility, considering you can also summon a dog. In fact, I could've used some too...," he said, rubbing his painful head. "But anyway, back on the topic of our captors. Well, we don't want to try anything that might tick them off without some kind of weapon, Gwazi, you're right in that aspect. Although, to be fair to our side, last time we 'fought' them they took us by surprise and when we were all tired. It wasn't exactly a fair fight. That being said, I agree that we should bide our time for the moment," Leon went in circles. "Again, if they just wanted us dead, they would've killed us by now, so that at least gives us a bit of time to rest up and make a plan... Natives, huh. I wonder if we can use that to our advantage...," he muttered. "If they still believe in natural gods and all that, then maybe we can make them think we're some kind of spirits or natural gods too by using our powers? I don't know, but it's probably better than trying to attack them head-on, right?" Of course, nature spirits generally didn't look like they were just hit by a truck, but that was a problem for another day.

The group's discussion was interrupted by the sound of a metal tube scraping across stone followed by the door slowly opening, something that in turn cased even more annoying scraping sounds. The sharp contrast between the shadow inside the room and the bright light made it somewhat difficult to actually see who entered their cell, but considering the circumstances there really weren't all that many options. Either someone was coming to save them, or it was one of the natives. Considering the lack of violent noises prior to the door opening, the former option was pretty unlikely, leaving only the latter -- which turned out to indeed be the case. A group of three natives, not counting the normal prison guards, stood in the door opening. Four of them were wielding very sharp-looking spears, while the center one was only holding a staff. Somehow, though, he seemed to be the most intimidating, even though his weapon appeared far less deadly.
"You three, follow me," the staff-wielding native spoke with a strange accent. "Don't bother to try to resist," he somehow felt the need to add. With that, he turned arund and walked a few steps away, fully expecting the group to follow him. Of course, the four armed guards helped a lot to affirm that assertion; two of them walked into the cell, heading along the wall before ending up behind the group. "Walk", the two growled in unison. The other two, meanwhile, had waited at the door opening, preventing our heroes from just running away.

"...Well, it doesn't really look like we have a choice, do we," Leon flatly said. "I'll go in front, just in case they try anything. Stay close to me though." Having said that, Leon started to follow the native, who led the group towards the large building on the top of a nearby hill. As if to further deny any escape attempt, there were several more armed natives walking around the streets, although these didn't seem to pay a whole lot of attention to the crew.

Rae watched as the light flicked on and left spots in her vision. she wouldn't have known the natives were even there if the leader hadn't spoken. she hated her eyes in that moment. she wondered vaguely, somewhere in her mind, exactly how she was supposed to follow them if she couldn't see them, but then Leon spoke, she could see him, for the most part, her vision was still messed up from the sudden light but it was starting to clear.
he was right, they didn't have a choice. unfortunately getting up was going to be a pain in the ass and took multiple tries before she could stand properly, and her head swam. Almost instinctively, her hand reached out a found Leon's shirt. at this point her vision had gotten clear enough for her to see the weapons in their hands and her grip tightened. the fear seemed to feed the power in her chest though as she suddenly felt stronger.
She steeled herself and followed, keeping an eye on Gwazi and a hand on Leon. she couldn't protect herself very well right now. it seemed the vast majority og the population of this village was armed, and that only seemed to frighten her more. the building on the hill scared her as well, everything scared her right now.

Gwazi slowly stood up with the others, it seemed they had little they could do other than follow with their demands for now. Leon seemed to be handling himself fine, but Rae was struggling a bit more. He followed her and Leon from behind, covering their rear in case the Natives tried anything funny. It also made it easy for him to help catch Rae if she was to end up falling from exhaustion mid-walk. Just them his own head started to really hurt, delayed reaction to head trauma most likely. His eyes squinted from the pain, but he managed to keep his focus and move forward, even if only because not doing so meant the Natives would only make it worse.

A short while later, the grooup arrived at their hilltop destination. A small group of natives had already gathered there, standing in an open circle around an altar of some sorts. No bonus points for guessing what said altar was used for, especially not considering how there were still some red discolorations on the altar itself. Right behind it, the leader of the group of guards that had picked the trio up from their cell was speaking with someone wearing some kind of strange mask and dressed in strange robes. In one hand the mask-wearer was holding a skull-adorned staff, in the other an ornamental knife. In short, he looked like your stereotypical Hollywood witchdoctor.
The witchdoctor spoke up, turning his attention to the small gathering around him. "These interlopers have desecrated our lands, setting foot on our holy mountain and have angered the spirits. For these crimes, they shall pay with their blood". As he finished speaking, the crowd around the trio stomped the butt of their spears into the ground, all in perfect sync of each other as they chanted some kind of... well, whatever it was supposed to be. A war cry? A spell? There was no real way of knowing to anyone who didn't understand their language.

Meanwhile, Leon was trying to think a way to get out of this whole mess, preferably without anyone not him dying in the process. So, they were planning to kill them in some kind of ritual. Why did this not surprise him? Well, maybe he could use all this stuff about spirits to his advantage. Of course, for that to happen he needed to be the one to be killed first. 'Luckily', he was already standing at the front, so that helped that bit along. "Don't do anything, okay? Just trust me," Leon whispered, hoping that Rae and Gwazi would hear him while the natives didn't. He then turned to the leader and witchdoctor. "So you think that we do not have the right to be on that mountain, do you? Then why don't you try killing me?," he taunted as he stepped forward. "See if you can manage to do so."
"Very well," the witchdoctor answered. With one swift motion, he plunged his weapon right in Leon's chest and impaling his heart, killing him instantly. As he withdrew his blade, a small arc of blood droplets was flung off of the tip, creating a crimson line across the altar. "Next up," the man said, not at all sounding bothered by any of this. "You there, the girl..."

Before the natives could grab either Rae or Gwazi though, Leon had already respawned right in the middle of the group. "Cease this at once!", he shouted as soon as he respawned, "Now, just why do you think we were on your holy mountain to begin with?" Leon said with a loud voice, trying to milk as much of the shock factor as he could. "Could it be that maybe, just maybe we were supposed to be here? Who do you even think we are? Some weak humans like you are? If we were simple humans, then how do you explain the fact that I can simply make a new body for myself whenever I wish so? On that note, how dare you lay a finger on my body?! Drop your weapons at once!"
Frightened and confused, the natives actually did what Leon commanded. Huh. It's actually working. What do you know? Not dropping his act, he then continued. "Good. Now that this has been cleared up, I demand that you will treat us with respect. For one, none of you shall lay a finger of any of us, or even threaten us in any way, shape or form. Second, you shall give us food, water and lodging, Third, you shall answer any question any of us think of. Fourth, you shall give us back all of our posessions. Do I make myself clear?"
"Y-yes, high spirit...," the leader stammered, all of the power that his voice had held having disappeared. "Just... enter the temple."
"Good. Now leave us alone," Leon bruskly said. Not wasting any time, the natives left the scene as quickly as they thought was stlll respectful. Most of them didn't even bother to pick up their weapons again, leaving the ground littered with spears. Once all the natives were out of hearing, Leon turned to his comrades. "Are you coming?", he said, gesturing them to follow them inside the temple. "We can rest and talk there, figure out what to do next."

Last edited:
Rae was in agony by the time they got to the top of the mountain, but she stayed strong. when they surrounded them and the witch-doctor came forward she almost sighed at the theatrics of the witch doctor, was too scared it would piss him off and he would kill her. The altar also scared her but she'd seen enough blood in the short time she'd been in the roleplayer world that she was a little desensitized to it. it suddenly occurred to her, it had been a matter of days since she came here.
then she was distracted from her thoughts by the witch-doctor speaking. his words chilled her but she had expected it. sge pulled her hands to her chest. she tried to pull the fire out of her but it was hard. Then Leon started taunting him. "Leon" she whispered "waht are you planning?" then the witch-doctor stabbed him. Rae took an involuntary stepped back and nearly hit Gwazi but, as she was in shock she couldn't respond in any way.
Leon fell and the witch doctor turned to her. her heart sped up and she tried stepping back again but Gwazi was right behind her and she couldn't move.
Then Leon saved her with his spirit act and when she let out a breath a small puff of fire came with it and she tried to play it off like she'd meant to do that. they were spirits, magic would make sense. she managed to send a small cushion of fire beneath her feet and glanced significantly at the witch-doctor. then everyone left.
She had to smile at Leon "yeah, let's get the hell away from that" she gestured to the altar as the fire died around her and she hurried forward "come on Gwazi" she pushed the doors of the temple open and stepped in.

Slowly the group approached the hill above, as they got closer Gwazi began to notice the natives were very aggressive... This probably wasn't good, well at least they weren't going to be ki... shit. Just then Gwazi noticed the Altar up front. He should be well afraid, but now was a time for surviving, not freaking out. So now they *have* to fight back, the question was how? Gwazi began scanning his surroundings, severely out numbered, and all armed. Compared to their own group of three, weaponless and exhausted. Thankfully Rae, the most tired of the three was in the middle, easier to keep her out of harms way then. The Natives did their speech about them trespassing, and Gwazi decided to wait for them to approach the group before reacting, that way they'd be in range. Except Leon went ahead and blew that one by stepping away from them and when taunting them... on his own. The Natives were quick to act to this and cut Leon down, to which Gwazi got his feet in fighting position and quickly got ready for the Shaman to approach them. When he called for Rae she backed right up into Gwazi, to which Gwazi let her hit him so she wouldn't fall backwards, and then tried to maneuver around her quickly to take the lead with the Shaman... But Leon re-spawned before he could even do that.

"Damn it Leon! You're throwing off all my precautions!" he thought to himself, but that thought quickly left his mind when Leon began to use this Respawn to pretend being a God, and it worked! At this point he kept his fighting stance, but with Leon at the front again he went back to covering the rear, and watched the Natives reactions. Soon enough they all dropped their weapons and began to leave, and also noticing Rae use a bit of fire to add to the effect. "Damn... That went better than expected" Gwazi then again thought to himself. Then looking back to the group once the Natives were gone he stated "Well... I definitely need some form of magic that's not item reliant... I wouldn't mind tricking NPCs into thinking I was a God". Then once both Leon and Rae indicated for him to follow he nodded and replied "Good idea, I could really some rest that's not in a completely awful cage".

As they walked towards the cage Gwazi made note to grab one of the common spears left behind along with the Shaman's staff and ritual knife. Inspecting them on the way he remarked "Huh, interesting design. I wonder if we can get the staff to do any neat spells". Then upon reaching the temple, and making sure no Natives were inside it he said to the group "So... now we have a bunch of Natives fearing us, for now at least. I'd suggest we leave once we've rested, been fed and got our stuff back though. If they discover us, or simply decide they don't like us as Gods this could change very quickly". Then looking at the staff again, "Though I wouldn't mind keeping this staff, it might be useful".

Once the trio were inside the temple and alone, Leon wiped his forehead. Thank whatever God(dess) that was smiling upon them that that worked out. "I'm sorry if I scared you two with that stunt I pulled out there," Leon spoke up. "I just didn't have the time to warn you about it or otherwise explain it to you, especially with all those natives around us. If even one of them understood what I was doing, let alone the leader, then the entire plan would have failed. Nice improvising though, Rae, that really helped," he smiled at the girl. Sure, it might not be quite as impressive as creating an entire body out of thin air, but every bit helped, especially if it's not a little bit.
"Not that I have any idea how long it will take them to figure it out though" he continued. "Like you said, Gwazi, it's probably for the best to get out of this place as soon as we're all rested up. And yeah, keep that staff. If nothing else, it should be better than fighting with your bare fists. Of course magic would be even better, but... I have no idea how to help you in that aspect."

A short while later, three female members of the tribe entered the room, all of them gazing at their feet; apparently they didn't feel like they were worth of laying eyes on a spirit or something. Or maybe they were just afraid of angering the spirits and being turned into a newt? Whatever the case was, they didn't ever look directly at any of the three 'spirits', which was just as fine to Leon, seeing as this meant he didn't have to scare them any more than they already were. Shivering all over, they slowly made her way over to an offering altar, then placed several bags on and next to it. Their job being done, they then walked backwards towards the entrance/exit of the temple, turning neither their back nor their eyes at the spirit pretenders. A quick inspection of said packages would reveal that it contained whatever posessions the group had, the food and water that Leon had 'requested', and even some extra gifts in the form of shiny things. ...And a bloody heart, the source of which was best left unknown. "...Okay then. I guess this is supposed to be an offering? Well then, there's another reason to get out of this place as soon as possible," Leon dryly commented, taking a few sips of one of the jugs of water.

Rae relaxed against the wall once all three were inside "i need to sit down" there weren't chairs so much as there were low slabs of stone spread out around the altar. she slid down on to one and smiled up at the boys "that was pretty smooth Leon, but do that again and i will kick your butt" she smiled as she said it though "i honestly forgot for a second that you couldn't die." she stretched. she chuckled as LEon complimented her on the fire "figured i should help however i could, would reaffirm the idea that we were all spirits, not just you if i could conjure fire out of nothing". she listened to Gwazi and Leon as they talked about magic "yeah, i could tell you how i came up with mine if you like, it might help you come up with your own"

when the women came in, Rae didn't bother standing, she figured a spirit sitting would make more sense then one struggling to stand. she watched them carefully, they were purposefully looking everywhere but them, it was interesting. they looked very afraid, she wasn't quite sure if she was happy or sad about that, but they had been trying to kill them so she didn't feel too bad. when they left she carefully stood and fished her bag from the bigger bags. it was in good shape, considering all she'd gone through, there was dried blood on it from when the bird(?) exploded on them. she put it over her shoulder and grabbed some kind of bread from the food and sat back down "there's one more thing we have to worry about," she started, tearing off a small piece of bread and chewing it before continuing "if we escape then they'll probably figure out we aren't really spirits and come after us, so we'd have to be careful and try to get out of this roleplay as quickly as possible," she took another small piece "and we'll have to wait to see if they'll post guards on their 'spirits' or not"

Gwazi nodded to Leon and said is response "Well your plan worked, that's the main thing that matters. We're aim to leave in the morning, until then I got some practising to do" now eyeing the staff. When Rae spoke up offering to help him with the magic he smiled and said "Sure, that could help us later on... Though I suggest you see to yourself getting all rested first". Just then the native women entered the room, once they dropped off the bags Gwazi look a quick look towards it, nothing inside the bags were moving so he shouted out at the women, trying to keep as much authority and dominance in his voice as possible "You three! We had a cat and dog with us when your men dared disrespect us! Where are you keeping them!?".

Once Gwazi got his answer and the women left he replied to Raes point about leaving stating "Not necessarily, we're Gods. Why should the Natives expect us to sit around and stay with them? Especially considering how they just insulted their Gods?".

The women froze in place, then slowly turned around. "We... we don't know! The men did not bring back any animals, but I don't know if they did anything to them. Please, forgive us, great spirit!," the middle woman said. Judging by her body language and how scared she sounded, either the woman was telling the truth or deserved an Oscar. "We'll send the men that, uhm... uhm... brought you here to you immediately!" With that, they practically sprinted out of the temple.

Leon, meanwhile, had picked up a sword-like weapon from the wall of the temple. Of course the natives weren't really mastercrafts when it came to swords, but seeing as Leon had absolutely no experience with swords, he didn't know the difference between a good sword and a bad one. If nothing else, it at least felt nice to him, if a bit heavy. Eh, it was better than fighting unarmed -- or literally 'armed', for that matter.
"I agree," he responded to Gwazi's counterargument. "As long as we act normally -- relatively speaking, at least --, there's no reason for them to doubt our story. Besides, would you dare further anger a being that might very well smite you where you stand? No, let's just try to get as much rest as possible now, then we'll leave when we're all ready."