Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

Busy flinching on the other side of the room, Callum was relieved to see that the letter has in fact, not exploded. That was fortunate , seeing as Leon probably would of in consequence been missing a head. As well as everything you would consider Leon. Well it would still be there, just....around the room.

Anyway, this was good. Or bad, Callum didn't know yet. Walking over to look over Leon's shoulder Callum read the letter. "Hah, we should give the GM a comedy award. Then bludgeon him to death with it."

He stepped back, and with a flick of his hair. Pointed at the letter. "I say, fuck writing back. If anyone is seriously considering that. First, writing back might tell him the location we're currently at. Second, I wouldn't give him the pleasure because I'm pretty sure the letter would devolve into a giant 'fuck off you fuckity fuck fuck' so let's just not."

He looked at MK_Ultra, "So, Since we actually don't have a plan and we've been following this mysterious cute cat. I'm assuming we're doing the exact same thing now." Callum yawned, "Man I'm tired...."

So... GM didn't know were they were after all? But then how did they meet up with the wolves? Maybe GM sent them through the portal before it closed or something? Or maybe he just sent them all over the place in the hopes of finding the group, like some kind of scout spell. Then again, then the contents of the letter didn't really make sense, considering it literally stated that GM couldn't trace them -- unless, of course, that was a lie. Eh, no way to know for sure, really. One thing that was for sure, however, is that there was no way in hell that they were going to send a reply. Luckily for Leon, Callum had already spoken this out for him. Leon really didn't feel like having to try to convince everyone about how bad of an idea that would be...

"A comedy award, eh? I guess so. Meh... That said, he's more of a drama type, if you ask me. How about we give him the main role on something like, say, Hamlet or Romeo and Juliet?", Leon spoke, knowing full well how those two plays ended. If only things could be that easy...
"But yes, I second getting some rest", he continued, suddenly feeling very tired now that the battle was over, probably due to a combination of exhaustion and blood loss. "So... Who will keep the first guard?", he asked, still not feeling quite safe at this place even though the letter said GM had no idea where they were.

Upon seeing the letter not explode, Rae sighed in relief and sat down. The contents were a little amusing in her opinion, though that could be how tired she was. GM just asking them to tell him where they are? Cute.
She pulled off her glasses and carefully cleaned the glass as Callum and Leon spoke.
Then they asked who was keeping guard. Rae rubbed at her eyes "I can do it if no one else will but I'm kinda hoping someone else will" as if to emphasize her point, she stifled a yawn. "Rest for all of us would be a very good idea"

Gwazi nodded, agreeing with the others decision and said "It'd be best not to deal with the GM right now. I have to agree with ignoring him" before getting ready for a nights rest, with energy drained from the fight and who knows what coming tomorrow they needed to be in top shape.

And then, the RPers settled in for the night. Or, perhaps that's a poor choice of words. While it was no secret by this point that time didn't make very much sense in the RP world, it seemed that time in this particular grayscale realm didn't really move forward at all. The entire landscape seemed to be a frozen, unchanging ghost town. So, it would technically be inaccurate to say that the RPers slept at "night", or that they awoke in the "morning".

In any case, the RPers slept until their bodies and minds were satisfied, and then they woke up.

And when MK awoke this "morning", he pushed the tavern door open and walked outside. There, it seemed that the view from the city had changed significantly. Yesterday, the town was boxed in by the void — but today, the void seemed to have vanished, revealing a flat, open grassland sprawling out around the village. A close look would reveal a dark black line settled at the horizon — suggesting that the void still existed, but that it was pushed much further out. In any case, the colors in the area were all just as desaturated as before. MK stood outside of the tavern, his face pointed up at the sky.

And then, a monstrous screeching tore through the air. Wingbeats could be heard from above as the tavern was engulfed in shadow for a brief moment. One look outside would reveal a full-color green wyvern flying overhead. A familiar wyvern, to some, as those with a sharp memory might recognize it as the dragon that GM called 'Basilix'. Despite being one of GM's creatures, however, it seemed to show now interest in the players — instead flying straight on out to the recently-revealed grasslands.

Of course, Leon had ended up with the first guard shift, mostly by virtue of the rest of the crew deciding they didn't want to have the first shift. On the flipside, this did mean that after said first shift he had a nice uninterrupted sleep, so yay for that? Either way, when he woke up, he actually felt well rested for what was the first time in a long time. Even his headache seemed to be mostly gone, although his arm was still injured due to him not having gone through a death regeneration yet.

"Seriously though, what is up with this place?", he asked nobody in particular. "This whole black-and-white thing is just bizarre even to local standards, not to mention the holes into nothingness". It reminded him of the Guild when it was dying. Actually, now that he thought about it... "Hey, maybe this place is some kind of remnant of the place we originally came from? You know, the-"
Before Leon could finish his sentence though, he was interrupted by a ridiculously loud screech. Sheer survival instinct kicking in, Leon bolted away from the window before looking back at it. Though he could not see all that much from his new position, the fact that the creature was in full colour combined with past memories made it clear to him what he was looking at.
Is... Is that Bassie? Did GM manage to send Bassie after us? ...Okay, I'm still dreaming, and this is just a nightmare. In fact, I'm going to wake up in three... two... one... Upon reaching zero, Leon opened his eyes, revealing that, no, he was not dreaming. "...Fuck. And of course the only path opened up to us is right after the giant evil face-murdering dragon. Figures..."

And so they rested. Something he hadn't had in too long. He took his guard shift. Uneventful, except for nearly tripping on the way back to bed. He gently went back to sleep

He dreamt of madeira cake.

When he had awoken,It seemed that he was the last to wake. Probably. He wasn't paying too much attention. So when MK-Ultra opened uo the doors to reveal that somehow grasslands had magically appeared. He sighed, assuming that most likely this somehow meant something bad.

Though it did bring up the thought of the void receding. Did this mean that a new world was forming. He didn't know. He didn't know anything about anything. Mainly because he wanted to go back to sleep.

"Grasslands. Because they're so interesting aren't they...."

And then he heard the screeching. He jumped up to the windows. "What the fu- Oh god." And then he saw the giant-ass wvyern having a good ole time flying past them.

"Huh..." Callum let out. "Well, um...." He turned his head slightly to the rest of them. "I vote to say "fuck that" and do literally anything else but go in that direction."

Rae hadn't been woken for a guard shift so she slept straight through the 'night'. when she finally stirred awake she felt significantly better, she didn't feel like she was going to crash at any moment. she stretched, feeling her body shift and pop out of the slightly uncomfortable position she'd ended up in. her hand found her glasses and she looked around at her companions as they started to rise as well. Callum looked the most alert so he had likely been second watch. she saw M.K. Ultra push the door open and stared in mild confusion.

then the Dragon made a screeching sound and she quickly jumped up, stumbling a little as she came forward to try and see "what the hell is that?" she asked of no one in particular. her mind recognized the change in scenery, the fact that the void was farther out, but that was filed away under 'i'll deal with that later' because there was a dragon or wyvern of some description flying over the grasslands.

Callum spoke up about going anywhere but towards it and she sighed "yeah, but where? there could be something equally as bad in the opposite direction, and isn't the way back to the portal that way?" she asked, gesturing towards there the dragon was flying.
she looked around "we can't just rush out there, that would be beyond stupid and I don't know if we could take that thing down on our own, we have to be smart about this... maybe there's a way to sneak around?"

As the RPers debated what to do, the dragon continued to fly off into the distance, giving the occasional screech into the empty world. It didn't seem to care whether or not the RPers followed it.

MK, meanwhile, did seem to care. He ran a short distance in that direction, before stopping and turning back to look at the group.

In the opposite direction, the sky began to darken. It was slow, but the void was beginning to move in on the opposite side of the city. It would be a while before the players would be in any danger, but they would have to move eventually.

He listened to Rae, his shoulders slumping even further then they have been doing.

"Ah, portal smortal. We'll find a way that doesn't involve a giant lizard flying about having a jolly old time!" He let his hands claw down his face. Seeing MK-Ultra run a little ahead in the direction of the ballix. Callum waved a finger, "Okay. I get that you're magic and mystical and have saved our lives loads. But that doesn't mean that you get to set the directions we go every single time!" He smirked. "Gotta be able to speak to have voting privileges"

He crossed his arms somewhat victorious in his own mind. He looked behind himself slightly, and that was when he began to notice the overly ominous darkening behind the group.

"Oh...."

He paused.

"OH FUCK THIS!" He stomped on the ground. Kicking the timeless dirt and everything. "OH I'M SORRY FOR HAVING A DISAGREEING OPINION WORLD. I'M SORRY I DON'T WANT TO FLY TOWARDS THE FLYING LIZARD OF DEATH!" He shouted out at the sky. Looking as if he wanted to spite it for a thousand years.

He flexed his hands.

"Let's just...fucking do this mandatory plot device and get it out of the way" He grunted before walking off into the direction that MK-Ultra had went. Towards.....the giant screaming lizard.

How fun.

"Yeah, I agree. The other direction sounds fine", Leon said in response to Callum's first comment. "Honestly, like you said, anything is better than following Bassie's tail, literally or figuratively, and staying here won't work either, at least not for long. ...Then again", he continued, walking through the room as he talked, "that beast had to come from somewhere and is more than likely controlled by GM, meaning that if we go in the direction where it came from it will likely lead us right into His hands... Maybe we should go in a perpen-"
Leon found himself unable to complete his sentence due to a sudden sharp increase in Callum's verbal volume. Why is everyone screaming today?! ...Oh. That's why. Yeah, that's a good reason to scream.So the Void is expanding yet again, huh? Well, that's not good. Also, this is getting old. I mean, how often was I almost swallowed by that stuff now? Three, four times? At this point I'm almost starting to thing it's just a fakeout thing to make us afraid. ...Meh, whatever.
"...I'm afraid I have to agree", Leon said when Callum was finished. "I don't think we have a choice here. ...Fuck this place. It looks like we still have a bit of time though, so I vote for trying to gather some supplies before we leave. Some bottles of water would be nice, along with a first aid kid, or at the very least some painkillers." ...Suddenly, Leon had a very strong sense of déjà vu. Wait a minute, didn't I go through this before? Actually, no, it was the other way around originally. First I was in my room, then I found a relatively safe place and suggested gathering some supplies. After that I was bitten by a wolf after trying to escape from GM, and finally I met up with GM in his bedroom. Now I met up with GM in his bedroom, then I was bitten by a wolf trying to escape from GM, and after that I found a relatively safe place. Following this pattern, that means I should find myself in my room soon again, right? ...Right?

Rae watched the cat move forward and had to admit she agreed with Callum, she really didn't want to have to follow the cat towards the dragon. she wasn't looking forward to getting eaten. the cat looked a little insistent though, as per usual. she groaned lightly and glanced back, towards the horizon. she also agreed with Callum yelling as she stared at the encroaching void.
"it's like we keep rolling goddam ones" she growled "or GM's just keeps rolling twenties" she sighed, pulling her glasses off to rub at the bridge of her nose before throwing her hands up "you guys are right, fuck this place, it sucks"

she took a couple steps towards the cat before Leon mentioned looking for supplies "that might be a good idea, we have no idea where were going and while things like hunger and dehydration haven't seemed to have an effect on us yet, there's no guarantee it'll stay that way" she glanced around "where the hell would we look though?"
she glanced down at the cat and knelt beside him "Hey MK, you think you could sniff out some food and water for us?"

After the RPers took some time to gather the supplies that they felt they needed, they set off into the grasslands. Given that the dragon was already well out-of-sight, MK led the way. Or at least, the RPers trusted that MK was actually leading them somewhere, and not just wandering aimlessly.

The grassland was rather flat and empty — and the gray look of everything just made it seem all the more dull and lifeless. Still, throughout the course of the journey, the RPers had time to just… talk — talk about themselves, about their lives, or whatever else they felt like talking about. Despite the circumstances, the walk served as somewhat of a de-stresser, as the RPers had no immediate danger to worry about, and were surrounded by no one but each other in this seemingly empty world. It was a very nice walk, and it wasn't boring at all.

Eventually they reached a point where the land became dotted with trees — trees that became increasingly dense up ahead. A sign nearby read, "Keresto Forest". Ahead, they heard low growling, and the sounds of trees and foliage being trampled and toppled over. Although, the sounds of destruction didn't resemble that of an angry rage. It seemed slower, softer than that — more akin to the slow, tired motions of a bored lion caged up in a zoo. In any case, they had definitely caught up with Basilix, and it seemed that he was up to something.

Rae stilled as they approached the edge of the woods. she glanced at her companions and at the cat that had been leading them most of the way. "you guys ready for this?" she said, she pulled out the spear that she'd been using as a weapon. "if we follow RP rules, we're probably coming up on the end here, it definitely feels like we're coming on the end" she took a deep breath and looked forward "into Keresto forest we go"

she walked forward slowly, heading for the sound, she figured it was time to just go for it. She didn't take point, she was clearly the weakest physically but she pulled her magic to the surface, leaving it tingling at the end of their fingertips as they approached what sounded like a very irate monster.

" 'Keresto Forest', huh?", Leon said, looking at the sign. "I wonder what that name is about...". 'Caressing' sounded like too nice of a word for a place with an evil hell dragon, and the lack of frogs took 'kero' out of the row of options too. Which left... Well, nothing Leon could think of, really. Well, whatever, they had bigger problems at the moment. Like, say, aforementioned evil hell dragon that was apparently having fun tearing down the forest, judging by the sounds.

Ready? I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready for this, Leon thought when Rae asked if they were, well, ready. Still, staying here won't do anyone any good, Not to mention that he was pretty sure that that Void stuff was still following them.
"That sounds about right", he answered Rae's comment about the endgame. "Just be careful; the endgame always has a massive difficulty spike. Stick together an-... GWAZI! Where's Gwazi?!", Leon interrupted himself when he noticed that Gwazi had somehow disappeared. "He was still here just a minute ago, right? At least, I'm sure that I saw him... Great, just what we needed; even more random shit. Because this place isn't sucky enough." And to make matters even worse, that stupid headache is returning too. Where did I put those painkillers again?

Callum put his hands on his hips, sighing gently he turned to the others. "What's with everything having a name? Can't one thing just be 'forest'. A name never means anything good." He took a deep breath. "So...giant rampaging dragon in there somewhere." He frowned. He couldn't say he particularly liked being anywhere near that.

His eyes widened up when Leon announced the fact that Gwazi had just magically disappeared without any of them noticing. "ah..." His eyes scoured the land behind them. "Shit..." His arms flailed upwards in defeat. "Great, just great. Because that's what we needed!" He groaned. "I'm....so sick of this place!" He punched the air in anger. "I...I hope he's safe...wherever he is."

Slowly, he walked backwards into the forest. Pointing at the other two remaining role-player's.

"Neither of you disappear on me! Or I'll....oh, I'll do something that sounds threatening alright!"

MK continued to lead the RPers into the forest, towards the source of the sound. As they approached, however, the dragon's rampaging seemed to grow somewhat… calmer, over time. Whatever Basilix was trying to accomplish, he seemed to be running out of steam.

Eventually, they made it to a clearing. Or, rather, it probably wasn't a clearing until fairly recently. Half-broken tree trunks, all bent outwards, made up the perimeter of the area. Trampled plants and reptilian footprints littered the ground. At the far end of the clearing was Basilix himself — although, rampaging didn't seem to be his primary concern. He made low, frustrating growling sounds as he repeatedly rubbed his head against a specific spot on the ground, pausing only to begin hacking and slashing at that same spot with the claws on his wings.

When the RPers entered, the dragon froze, and sharply turned his head in the direction of the intruders. He continued to growl softly, narrowing his eyes at them, and then… he turned back around, and resumed what he was doing.

A closer look at the dragon's object of interest would reveal the partially-shattered remains of the stone entrance to some sort of underground hideout or dungeon. The original design of the entrance would be difficult to discern, as much of it had already been reduced to rubble. There appeared to be a staircase leading underground, but several of the top steps had also been partially ruined. Whatever was down there, it seemed that Basilix was desperate to get inside — pushing rock and dirt out of the way to widen the much-too-small entrance — but, unfortunately, to little avail.

MK started to walk towards the dragon.

Rae was shocked as well when Leon pointed out that Gwazi was just gone "Why does that keep happening?!" she cried, looking around "I really hope that doesn't happen to any of us" she didn't see any sign of their companion, he was simply gone.
then Callum said not to disappear or he'll do something 'threatening'. that made her smile a little "I wasn't planning on it"

Rae carefully followed along behind the cat, keeping an eye out for any wildlife, though she seriously doubted any would appear even if they did exist, what with the noise GM's monster was making not that far away, though it did seem to be calming down, she wasn't sure what to make of that, it could simply be tiring out, which seemed the most likely, but it could also be that it was simply accomplishing whatever it was trying to. she didn't really want to find out what it was trying to do but she felt like she really didn't have a choice at this point.

the girl froze as they stepped into the field and could finally see the dragon up close, it seemed to be digging up something, she really didn't want to know where the staircase he uncovered went. she raised her spear as the dragon turned to look at them. but she was actually a little more scared when it decided to just ignore them. quietly she said "I have a feeling we aren't going to like whatever's down those stairs and we probably shouldn't let the dragon get down there... though it honestly doesn't look like it can"
she looked down at the cat then up at the two boys "What should we do?"

It wasn't hard to notice the steadly increasing noise level that GM's pet was producing. What it was doing, Leon did not now, and quite frankly he didn't want to know either. All he knew was that whatever Bassie was doing, it could not possibly be good. Which raised an obvious question: Why in the name of whatever god that existed were they going after it? ...Sure, there was the Void pushing them in the Dragon's general direction, but still!

Some time later, the crew arrived at a clearing. Predictably, the dragon was smack dab in the middle of it, like a boss waiting in its arena. Considering the circumstances of this meeting, this was likely not a coincidence. "Please tell me we're not supposed to fight the Giant Evil Hell Dragon...", Leon muttered. Which was then followed by MKUltra just walking straight up to Baslix. Of course we're going to do exactly that. Whose idea was it anyway to follow this cat everywhere, when we can't even talk to it?
Shaking his head, Leon then turned to the only other two survivors of their ordeal. "Okay, I really, really don't want to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions that don't involve us offering ourselves as midday snacks?"

Callum stared in mild fear at the path of destruction that the Basllix had made. As they got closer to to the beast. Callum cursed silently to himself, the fact that all they could do was trust in MK to guide them in the right direction towards...whatever they were going towards. That what it had been ever since he met him. What even was the cat. What was the whole fusion thing!...

But that what this entire journey had been, tonnes of unanswered questions riddled with death and pain and puns. He couldn't shake the feeling that he would need therapy if he ever got out of this hell.

As they walked upon the clearance, He could see the monster. It noticed them, and for a second Callum felt like shitting his pants. But the it went back to what it was doing before-hand. It seemed to be almost desperately trying to open up something. Crouching down slightly, He could see it was a (now rather ruined) entrance to something. "Huh".

The two seemed ready for some sort of battle, and MK began to walk towards the Basllix. Biting his lip, Callum stood up. "It seems to be trying to get into that entrance. So obviously that's important." He looked around. "I mean, isn't this thing the pet of the GM? and he's nowhere to be seen. Wait shit, doesn't the GM want to know where we are..." His eyes flashed between the other two rpers and the giant beast. "I don't think we can let it escape..."

"Then again, it seems to be acting some what independently. Maybe whats ever in that cave is something super important..." The idea of fighting it seemed extremely dangerous. Sure, MK was calming walking up to it. Which meant either he wasn't threatened by it or had some plan. "Maybe MK thinks we won't have to fight it?" He blurted out loud.

"Uh, even if that thing is hostile, I don't think we should go and straight up and fight it right away. Using plot logic, what's ever through that wreck is key to us. So, I say someone make a diversion while the other two slip through as we can easily make it through there." He sighed. "Someone..."

Slapping a hand on Leon's shoulder, He gave an nod as if the conclusion was inevitable. "Go ahead...."