Welcome Back to the Guild [continuation]

As the group failed to decipher MK's warning, the sound of something moving outside became audible -- some sort of animal poking around in the streets. A flash of dark gray fur moved past the barely-opened doorway -- which then stopped what it was doing, and backtracked towards the door. A canine muzzle poked its way into the doorframe, sniffing madly. It then struggled to use its face to pull the door open, before pausing and stepping back for a moment, seemingly confused by the unconventional door. A moment later, the door swung open in the other direction as the wolf had placed its forelegs against it, and pushed it open with the weight of its body. Now in full view, the wolf's most distinctive feature was that it was not plainly dark gray, but instead had dark purple "flame"-like patterns wrapping around its legs and lower body, an unsurprising feature coming from its edgelord creator. Moreover, it was the same edgy design that Leon watched GM create. And its colors were of the same full saturation as that of the roleplayers.

While the wolf did briefly snarl at the group, it did not attack immediately. Instead, it backed out of the doorway slightly and turned its head in the direction it came from, barking and yipping down the path -- calling friends.

Rae watched the creature try to open the door and she tried very hard not to be amused, she really did. but it was hilarious and she put a hand over her mouth to hide her smile. until the thing finally opened it and she froze. she had to admit, it looked like something GM would create, from what she'd seen of the man. she didn't even make a sound while it snarled and watched them. then it left and she muttered out "Crap"
she hopped the bar and looked at the others "we have to get out of here, now, i seriously doubt that thing is here on it's own and now it knows where we are" she looked at the door, then around at them, then she started looking around for a back door, that would at least confuse it for a minute or two. "if there's a back door we can go out there"

Callum could only watch in rapidly expanding horror as the wolf opened the door. He gripped the chair he was sitting on with fear of the wolf suddenly turning into a giant dragon. Or, something else that could kill him. "Ello" he responded as it looked across the room, not exactly seeming friendly.

When it turned around to call for friends, Callum leapt up. "Right, time for us to leave. We're getting right the fuck out of here" He looked around, "Back door....back door...." He jumped in frustration. "How can I tell what a back door is where EVERYTHING IS THE SAME GREY COLOUR" He ran his hands through his hair before looking at Rae. "Uh..." He seemed to stare at Leon blankly for a few moments, before mumbling something his breath annoyed.

"Well, I hope this wasn't their favourite place to meet or something" He told himself before summoning a metal block. "I don't know if you want to temporarily blind them or something...." He said before chucking the giant block at the wall. "Wait is that the bac-" and then the block smashed through the wall.

"Nevermind"

"Huh... Actual Wolves" Gwazi said, a little shocked by the sudden appearance and disappearance. "Well, let's hope they don't do some RP style stunt separating us or something" he continued, pulling out his sword as a precaution. Only after words acknowling Rae's comment of the pills showing up and replied "Good to know it still works in here at least". And then it started calling for friends, causing him to stiffen his sword stance and get close to the others "Agreed on retreating, but let's not all run off independently. They're pack animals and are counting on us being single, isolated prey".

Those wolves... I know those, GM made those recently. So we're found already? No fair... That's just not fair... Leon was so tired of running all the time, never being able to rest. And although the aspirin helped, his headache still wasn't really gone either.
When Rae suggested to run, though, Leon shook his head. He knew from experience that outrunning a sick and starving wolf was already next to impossible, let alone a healthy one. And if there was an entire pack? No, there was only one option. They had to fight them all off. Then maybe, just maybe they could get some rest after that? Please?
His right eye twitching, Leon slowly walked over to the wolf. in the door opening. "They... He won't leave us alone. We can't run, Rae. They'll catch us. Have to fight. Not run," he spoke, not noticing how weird his sentence structure was. "Kill them... Kill them all. Or they kill us... GO AWAY!", he screamed as he stabbed at the wolf when it turned away from them, his blade suddenly covered with some kind of blocky particles.

The wolf flinched and recoiled as Leon stabbed it, but then it quickly retaliated, trying to bite and claw at Leon's arm and shoulder. And behind it, two more wolves -- identical to the first -- soon appeared, one of which also lunged at Leon, while the other moved past the doorway, directing its attention at the other members.

'this is going to kill me' Rae groaned internally 'i really hope magic power doesn't equate to lifeforce in this world because i'm running on fumes right now and i'm going to have to use more"
with a deep breath the girl dredged up what little energy she had left and held it at the ready as the wolf went around Leon. she glanced at Gwazi and Callum, she had to be careful, she couldn't use up all her energy in one shot or she'd be useless to them afterwards. she tried to come up with a solution more elegant then simply lobbing fire at the wolf but as that was all she really knew how to do right now....
well, maybe she could... with that thought in mind she focused all the magic into her hands and used her mind to shape it, making a sword, at least this way she'd last a little longer and probably do a little more damage. she leveled the sword at the wolf, aware that she did not feel hot despite holding the thing, but she knew it would burn the wolf if it touched it. she glanced at the two boys again "You guys help Leon! I think i can take care of this one on my own" she lunged forward at the creature, sword intended to slice wherever she could reach. as she did she heated up the air around her, creating a 'mirage' effect around her and hopefully giving her the advantage.

Gwazi pulled out his sword and spun it around in his hand quickly before saying "Well... Time to get Chinese deal with these wolves". After which he slid behind one of the wolves slashing his sword across to rip the tendons on his hind legs. As he then went to move on to the second wolf he called out to the others "Wolves rely on Mobility! Hit that and they're ability to flank will crumble!".

The inevitability of the group's current situation was rather irritating to Callum. There was no surprise to this, he wished there was. He wished that he could be 'Oh no, wolves who are trying to kill us and probably will!' And then possibly feint out of shock and despair.

But instead, all he felt was a somewhat overwhelming sense of 'oh for fuck sake'. Perhaps even, a bit of 'This is quite a inconvenience' if one was pushing it.

He always felt like wolves were cool. Wolves were normally the first things that you would think of when someone says a 'cool animal.' Always surrounded with an aura of 'mystery' or 'Pet me, so I can rip your face off'.

Or, at least they would. If bits of wolf were flying around the place. This actually caused Callum to snap out of his small trance of the weird mix of being absolutely terrified while at the same time feeling focused. Well, at the very present he wasn't even that because a bit of blood got into his eye. This was not a pleasant sensation.

Protect Leon, well. He supposed they could, but he could respawn. The most efficient way to protect him was to go straight for the wolves and forget he existed.

He should probably stop thinking like that. It was a tad on the sociopath side.

He started to run towards one of the wolves. Sending three ice-shards flying at it. They pierced into the side of the wolf, pinning it to a wall. He spawned a knife and stabbed it into the head.

He heard Gwazi's message, "Hit the legs? Of course. Their only the hardest part to hit!"

Dammit, it's not dead. Well, this can't end well for me, Leon thought as two more wolves appeared. Lucky for him, one of the two newcomers decided the others were a bigger threat, while the other one was hit in the side by Gwazi and Callum. This only left the original one, which (considerably less lucky for Leon) had taken the chance to take a leap at Leon and drove his sharp fangs deep into the poor sap's left forearm, causing him to almost drop his weapon. Trying his best to bite the pain, Leon moved the blade in his right hand around to get a better grip on it, then tried to drive it deep into the wolf's side.

Last edited:
The wolf in the doorway let out a surprised yelp as Leon's knife pierced into its side, but that was not enough to force the creature to retreat. It stumbled away from Leon briefly, only to charge at him again full force -- this time aiming to pin him down and, if given the chance, bite into his neck.

The wolf in front of Rae flinched as the fiery sword came into being. It put its head low to the floor, slightly whimpering as intense heat emanated from that side of the room. But, when Rae charged at the creature, it disappeared in a flash, only to reappear a few feet behind her, snarling and looking for an opening to attack.

The final wolf winced in pain as Gwazi slashed at its legs, but that didn't leave the creature immobile for long. Within a few seconds, the wolf's feet started to rise above the floor as the creature began to hover slightly. It started to turn around to pursue Gwazi further -- until the puffed-up, growling feline known as MK darted out in front of it. The two locked eyes for a brief moment, and then, with a surprised yelp, the wolf fell back onto the floor. It growled and tried to limp towards MK, but it was stopped as three ice shards pierced into its side, pinning it to a wall and allowing Callum to finish it off.

One down, two to go.

Rae looked around confused and saw the wolf out of the corner of her eye. she turned quickly, squaring back off with the creature. she wasn't going to lose, she'd felt quite useless this whole 'quest' or whatever the hell this whole scenario could be called, and she wasn't going to let it keep going. she knew she had to make the next hit matter, she had to deal with this quickly. she looked around and tried to think of anything clever she could use to pin this thing in so she could kill it without getting herself killed in the process.
the only thing she could really think of was something she wasn't entirely sure she could do, if she could create a wall of some description the wolf couldn't pass through, she could likely land at least one hit before it could get away.
fire wouldn't work though, unless it was insanely hot even an average wolf could just hop through. maybe Wind? a gust heading straight up extremely quickly? but fire was her power, not wind... well it was the same concept as mirage from before and Muze has said their powers were based off what they believed they could do... so could she?
Rae took a deep breath and looked around, she didn't want to hurt anyone else with this, and if it failed, well... maybe someone could get to her fast enough to keep her from getting torn apart.
'Stop' she told herself, 'don't think about that, concentrate on the air, what did they say in science class? about air currents? heat rises right? if i heat up the air in a U shape around it then focus on forcing that hot air up as fast as possible, i think i can do this" she smiled slightly and corrected herself "i know i can do this" with that she focused as much of her magic energy as possible into that plan. as she did, she rushed the few feet forward and swung at the wolf again.

His brain hadn't connected the dots just yet, but Callum realised that something that the wolves did was rather unusual.

Oh yeah.

"They can fly!?" Truly it was a silly thing to be surprised by, with the whole shooting ice out of his hands at the current moment and all. But it did seem rather unfair. That wolves, with their tear out your jugular with their mouths thing they have going on. You think that in this weird dimension he was in would think that would be enough. But it seemed not, it seemed that this hell thought that what they also needed was the ability to fly. This, in Callum's mind, was rather unfair.

Another thought popped in his mind, that the wolves were apparently scared of MK_Ultra. This was another thing to add onto the "MK_Ultra is super mysterious and we should really start asking questions about that" List. The idea of throwing MK_Ultra at the wolves floated into his mind, but that would be a little bit mean to MK_Ultra. So he would simply have to pass that on, for now.

He saw the wolf charging at Leon. Shouting "Leon look out!" He sent a wind blast in the wolf's (and leon's) general direction. Hoping to stop it before it jumped on Leon.

The Wolves were starting to shrink in number, which meant they could more easily focus on individual ones and take them down faster. Wait, wasn't that MMO logic? Oh well, it works in a world that revolves on RP logic and that's all that matters in this fight However, it seemed going for the legs amounted to very little as they soon began to fly around. Noting his Gwazi decided to aim for vitals for now one which would be the next best spot to hit assuming their inner biology wasn't also completely alien.

With two Wolves left he had to decide which one to tackle quickly, one was going to get at Leons Vitals, but Callum already was reacting. So he could join in and focus on that one, take that wolf down quickly. However, this wasn't a game, and other than Leons case people die when they are killed. Meaning he had to focus firstly on keeping everyone alive, which left him with covering Rae, lunging his sword forward hoping to try to skewer the wolf as it would be distracted with what Rae was throwing at it.

"...Well, this is familiar," Leon muttered, looking at his bleeding arm. Last time this happened, the next time he went to sleep he was surprised by the GM appearing right next to his bed. Was the same goingto happen again this time? Not that he had a whole lot of time to think about it, considering the fact that the creature was getting ready to attack him once again. Unable to do a whole lot of moving with his wounded arm, Leon instead opted for a defensive stance, hoping he could strike the wolf down in the middle of its attack. Silently he waited, waited for the creature to leap...
...At which point the both of them were hit by a wind blast. Leon, who was actually standing on the ground at the moment, was grounded enough for the blast to not have too much effect on him, although it did cause him to stagger. the wolf, on the other hand, wasn't as lucky; it was struck right in the middle of a jump, causing it to be sent flying into a nearby wall. Not wasting any time, Leon immediately attacked the beast, aiming for its exposed chest/belly.

The gust of wind that Rae created was not extraordinary, but it seemed to be enough to at least catch the beast off-guard. The wind it it as it lunged at her. Its forelegs lifted up as if the wolf was standing on its hind legs, although it was still hovering slightly, leaving it floating in an awkward, clumsy position with its belly exposed — allowing Gwazi to deliver a powerful attack while the creature was vulnerable. The wolf cried out in pain as it was sliced open, bleeding heavily as it dropped to the ground, curling up in a sad, whimpering heap.

Similarly, the 2nd remaining wolf was also struck with a gust of wind, this one powerful enough to launch it into a nearby wall. Disoriented, the wolf was too slow to react as Leon followed Gwazi's strategy, cutting into its exposed underside. The wolf bled and cried out in pain, but it was finished off just as quickly as the last.

The room momentarily grew silent as the wolves let out their last few whimpers. Once they all appeared to be dead, they vanished — their bodies gradually dissipating like defeated video game enemies.

Immediately after the wolves' corpses disappeared, something else appeared in the air in front of the players: an envelope, very ordinary-looking save for the fancy violet seal. It drifted gently to the ground. On the flip-side of the envelope, someone had crudely written:

To: RPers
lol you probably don't trust me but whatevs
open if you want I guess

Silence settled over the group as they finally defeated the wolves. A envelope slowly drifted to the ground. Seeing it, Callum picked it up. "Huh" Turning it around, he read the message written rather badly. "It's from the GM..." Frowning, he took a step towards Leon before shoving it in his face. "Yo, Leon. Open this..." and then Callum very noticeable backed away. "Cause like, if it explodes or something...."

Looking at Leon with wide eyed expectancy, Callum waited for the result.

Rae dropped to her butt as the wolves collapsed and died. she felt a little relief but not much, she just wanted to rest now.

she stared as the letter appeared but didn't move to get it. she did however sigh when Callum shoved it towards Leon "don't be mean, Callum, it's not like he likes dying," with a grunt she forced herself back up to her feet "though I wouldn't put it past GM to make it explode, or put even more wolves in it that jump out and tear us to pieces when we open it"

she stopped for a second, then rubbed at her eyes "wow, this world has really turned me into a real pessimist" she sighed "I think we should open it anyways. and Leon's the best option for that" she looked around "opinions?"

Wait, what? Why me?, Leon thought. Well, he sort of could follow Rithas's thought process, but still! He didn't exactly like being used as a guinea pig for this. Then again, he volunteered for exactly that position on more than one occasion, so he couldn't exactly blame the guy...
"Geez, fine," Leone eventually muttered, snatching the letter out of Rithas' hand with his good arm. "I need to respawn soon anyway, to restore my arm and whatnot..." With that, Leon walked out of the door of the venue, making sure to stay within sight of the rest of the group. "If this thing does explode, then staying on opposite sides of the room might not be enough," he called out to explain his actions. "So, are you guys all ready? I'm going to open it. 3...2...1..." Upon reaching zero, the souft sound of an enevlope being ripped open sounded through the place

Impressively enough, the envelope actually did not explode upon being opened. In fact, it didn't do anything special. Inside was a rather plain-looking note, written in purple ink. It read:

Yo! If you're reading this, that means you managed to defeat the trio of Rin clones I sent after you… somehow. I suppose I should be impressed, given how invincible they're supposed to be — BUT I don't know where the hell any of you are right now, given that you seem to have gone completely off the grid. So, maybe the wolves turned a lot weaker in whatever weird realm you're in? I dunno, I can't trace them either! Anyway, I programmed this letter to show up because I'm sort of fuck out of ideas right now! Hard to hunt you guys down when I have no idea what's even going on in wherever the hell you're at. Maybe you could write me back, describing your surroundings and taking an educated guess as to where that fucking cat dragged you? I mean, I don't know why you'd want to tell me any of that, but hey, it's worth a try, right? Anyway, if you don't reply, I'm sure I'll figure out where you are eventually. See ya then~!

PS: If you do respond, make sure Leo writes it. I dunno if it'll send properly, otherwise.

A blank sheet of paper and another, smaller envelope were also included with the letter.