Water Thing to Happen

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiearas cheeks heated up bright pink as he said that. She smiled. "You're very sweet Peter....and honestly I think you're very handsome." She smiled swimming around town aimlessly.

Peter stuttered for a moment, honest-to-God shocked that someone would say such a thing to him.
"Well, I... Um..." he said, hesitating, "I don't actually think anyone but my parents have ever said something like that to me. I'm not quite sure what to say, to tell you the truth."

Kieara giggled. "Well you should have listen to them silly." She laughed more.

Peter rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, chuckling in an equally awkward manner as he did so.
"Aw, come on, I'm no model..."

Kieara thought he was cute when he was nervous. She laughed her nose crinkling up when she did. "I think you're very handsome. Don't be shy." She told him.

Peter smiled when Kieara laughed - her nose crinkling when she laughed was, admittedly, cute. As was the laugh itself.
"Well," he said, wringing his hands as he spoke, "I'm sorry, I'm just not used to people complimenting me. Especially on how I look. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you fancied me."
This made Peter chuckle, but only because he though she would as well. The statement was made purely to be humorous - he didn't think she actually did.

Kieara laughed again at his joke then spoke to him. "What if I did fancy you?" She asked him with a soft smile.

Peter stopped for a moment, rather surprised by Kieara asking him that. He stuttered a little, and then replied, in a notably awkward manner.
"Well, I... I'm not quite sure what I'd do. I mean, you don't really plan for that sort of thing, do you? I'm just some guy you've known for all of two weeks, you're a princess from the lost city of Atlantis. It just doesn't seem like it could happen."

She looked at him when he spoke. She took his words as a rejection and glanced down at the sandy streets. "Oh...I see..." She tried not to show how bad it hurt and have a bittersweet smile. "Let's go check on the squids. I am sure that Haji misses his new friend."

Peter wasn't rejecting Kieara - in fact, he was trying to convince himself that she could never like him beyond him being a friend. After all, they hadn't known each other for long - how could she like him in such a way? Not to mention all the other issues.

That's how Kieara understood it. She led him off to where the squids usually were when they came outside. As always Haji clung immediately to Peter.

Peter smiled at the little squid, petting him once he had attached himself.
"And how's my favourite little sea critter doing today?" He asked, much in the same way one would speak to a dog.

Haji blew some bubbles up at him and a few others swam around. It had been proven by science that squids were the smartest sea creatures and had an intellect rivaling that of a dogs. They were kiearas favorites. Squids and octopi.

"Aw, isn't he just the cutest, Kieara?"
Once again softened by how cute the squid was, Peter turned to Kieara, though he seemed a little puzzled She didn't look to happy - not to him, anyway. Maybe it was just the light. He didn't know.

Kieara smiled. "Yes it is. Look, this one is only a baby." She smiled showing him a tiny octopus that only had stubs for tentacles. It looked like a tiny squishy ball with eyes and it bobbed clumsily in the water above her hands.

Peter smiled, and moved closer to the baby, but he still thought he sensed something off with Kieara. he couldn't just let it go - she was a friend, after all.
"Something wrong, Kieara?"

"Just been a tough day." She answered. The baby one stared back at him and bobbed up to eye level to look at him.

Peter thought for a moment, but didn't enquire further. The female mind was something he did not dare try and comprehend, much less unravel - if Kieara wanted him to know what was happening, she would tell him. That was what he thought, anyway. Peter held out his finger to the squid, eyeing it curiously.

It wrapped a few tentacles around his finger and swung from it playfully making soft clicking noises happily.

"Oh, he's adorable. This is why I like animals better than people. Animals do things like this and love you unconditionally. Er, no offence. Bad experiences."
Peter laughed nervously, but for a moment, looked rather despondent. The sight of the baby squid soon fixed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.