1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural, Sci-Fi and maybe a bit of Modern
It had all started out like any other night in the Physical Dormitory: a crazy fuckin' party with plenty of booze and other intoxicants to go around. Everyone was all manners of high and wasted, some even passed out before the clock struck midnight. In Jack's honest opinion, it was turning out to be quite the dud. It was obvious everyone was still burnt out from last minute cramming for midterms and things were fizzling quickly- which Jack took as a personal offense, of course.

That is, until Howard came striding into the room with tales of a grand heist he had just accomplished, yielding a rather hefty book in the crook of his arm. Oh, but this was not just any book. This was a book of Time Magic. A subject only taught only to Brakebills best and brightest, it was the forbidden fruit and Jack was instantly hooked the moment he laid eyes on it. Despite being under the influence himself, he was drawn to the hardback, almost as if it were calling to him. Not even the cute boy who had been eyeing him from across the room all night could get his attention.

Everyone else was just as intrigued as himself, for about an entire five minutes. They had all gathered around on the couches, taking turns casting the easier spells at the front of the book. All of the attempts were fruitless, but everyone seemed convinced Paige had set them all back an entire minute. Normally it was impossible for Jack to ever get away at parties, but luckily he found a window when all eyes were off of him. He took this opportunity to grab the book and make way for his bedroom, hastily closing the door behind him.

While it was unheard of for the young man, the possibilities in the pages of this book were so much more worth his time the the party just outside his door.

After flipping through the pages, he stumbled on a time turning spell. What if he could practice by going back to last week's party? It had easily been the biggest success of his schooling career and he wouldn't mind reliving it once again. So, here he sat in the middle of the chalk spell he had drawn out on the old wooden floors. He studied the hand motions to every small detail, well trained hands effortlessly following the instruction. He was soon in a trance-like state, his hands moving quicker as he could feel a strong energy swelling in his core.

But, then something went wrong and the energy began to bulge and bend uncontrollably, perhaps from a slipped gesture. Determined, he continued in hopes he might be able to get it back on track. It quickly became apparent that he had bitten off more than he could chew and it almost felt as if his very soul was being torn apart. A blinding light emitted from his hand, filling the entire room and sending Jack onto the ground in exhaustion.

For the past forty years, Rinnard had lived the same day over and over and over and over again. He'd wake at the ripe early time of 1 in the afternoon, shoving last nights broad out of his bed and stretching as she spat out a string of insults. As usual, he'd wave her off and stand, ignoring her presence as he dressed and got ready for the day. As he made his way downstairs into the kitchen below, his roommate, Charlie, hastily stood.

"Boy, I got a deal. I struck gold with this one Rin." Charlie began following the elder male as he made his way around the kitchen, "You know Ronnie? The one kookie who sits in his damned room all night with magic? Hes down the road and-"

Rinnard gave him a wave, "Yeah, yeah. I know. Get on to the point, will ya? I got things to do."

"No, ya don't. C'mon, cast an eye here, pay attention." Charlie began tugging on the elder, who finally released a sigh, turned, and leaned on the table. "Okay. So. I stuck a deal with him and he let me in on a few things. That fuck has been working on time magic." Charlie almost looked like he was going to faint, "Time magic, Rinnie" he calmed and sat down at the table. "Anyways, I got ahead and struck a deal and he agreed to let us borrow his spells for a day or so if we," Charlie flicked a finger between himself and Rinnard several times as he spoke, "cast a few illusions to get him into the nearby bank and snag some cash. He's running low on the long green and needs to get more to continue research. Its a steal. After that, we get those spells, learn them, and we have it made in the shade for the rest of our lives." Can you imagine what we can do with that?"

Rinnard sat stock still for a moment, staring at Charlie before grumbling and shaking his head, "Char. I love ya, but you can be such a nosebleed sometimes." The younger flinched a the insult, but stayed quiet, "Time magic? Seriously? Forget the fact that it doesn't exist, if it did, it'd be nearly impossible to do." Rinnard stood and began back on his morning ritual, "I say no deal. Besides, robbin a bank ain't my style anyway."

Charlie had gone quiet and didn't speak again as Rin ate breakfast and left the house to go work at the convenience store down the way. Someone had to pay the bills, and while Rinnard loved Charlie like a brother, he wasn't the biggest help on the bills and their financial problems. Yet, that was the big problem, wasn't it, Charlie was so obsessed with magic, he couldn't manage to focus on anything else. It was like he was stuck on coke, needing that next dose, willing to do anything to get it. Rinnie knew Charlie would attempt to get the book alone, by either sneaking it or robbing the bank. Either way didn't matter to the elder, if he got himself arrested or hurt, it was Charlie's problem and no one else's.

All this being said, when sirens began to wail at seven in the evening, Rinnard had a hunch as to what the coppers were tending to. And when he got home at 9, he wasn't surprised to find Charlie pacing back and forth in the living area, with a large, leather bound book on the coffee table.

"Rinnie." Charlie groaned when he saw the elder, "Rinnie, I screwed up. I thought that I could just snag the book. Just steal it away for a few hours, but I really didn't think that-" Charlie shuddered and fell silent.

Rin just shook his head and began to walk away, "You got yourself in this mess, I'm not having a part of it."

"Rinnie, they'll kill me." Charlie cried, causing the other male to freeze in his tracks, "Rin, he's got the support of the Canccilors."

Rinnard slowly turned, "Charlie. When I save your bacon. I will put you in a grave myself.", he stormed over to the book. He knew who the Canccilors were. They were a magic gang. You don't come near them without being killed. Charlie and Rinnard were already on their bad list. If what Charlie said is true, then, both of them were dead for his error of stealing the book. "Fine. We have time magic. Lets use it. We'll turn back the day and slip the book back where it belongs. This way you're not blamed for it, and this way you'll be off the hook. But then you have to deal with me." He glared at his friend and began flipping through the pages.Flipping through all of them to check all his options before going back to the most likely answer. "Here." He read off the page, "Rewinding Lunar Cycles. Turn back the clock to the nearest full moon. While one can go back in time a day or so as they choose, it is much simpler and less energy sapping to use the lunar cycles as your point of reference for time travel. By doing this, one person can go back a week instead of requiring three people to go back a day." Rinnard studied the spell and handed it to Charlie, who nodded and began drawing the chalk lines and circles. It was a complex one, but if the both of them could go back easier this way, then so be it.

When all was said and done, thy stood in the circle, across from one another, and began casting. Within moments, light was glaring from the lines in the floors and their energy was being sapped from their bodies and whirling around them in a flurry of incantations and symbols. The room grew brighter and brighter and the pitch black night began to lightens as the sunset came back and the sun itself began to trail the wrong way, high into the sky. Yet, as the sun hit noon, Charlie collapsed. Rinnard continued the spell, trying to keep it steady as Charlie began to glow,his veins illuminating with a cold blue light. In horror, the elder watched his friend, his brother scream in agony and explode into rays of light. Rin felt his energy fading and could feel the pull of magic becoming too strong, so as a last ditch effort to save his own life, he abruptly stopped the spell, and collapsed in exhaustion.

Moments later he was awake in his bed, with the same whore as earlier, the same ringing in his ear, the same string of complaints as Rinnard lost control of his body and went about the daily motions he had just gotten through.

Rinnard repeated this day over and over again. The curse he had lain on himself never ceasing its relentless loop until, one day, he woke up with light shining in his eyes, in a bed that wasn't quite his own. Without realizing this, he went through his daily motions. Feeling the woman beside him, he shoved her off the bed... She felt a bit heavier than usual. He stretched, stood, buck ass nude as always, opened his eyes, and froze. This wasn't his room. And that light wasn't right. He always kept his blinds closed when sleeping. He turned to find that the broad wasn't a broad at all. It was a man, who was now staring angrily at him from the other side of the bed, his long black hair frizzed up from sleep.

Jack having a most lovely dream- lounging outstretched by a pool chock full of gorgeous cabana boys and the most delicious cocktails that might even envy his own. The sun was shining and a crisp breeze would always blow past with perfect timing just when he thought dewy sweat might begin to form on his brow. Ah yes, this was Ibeza. The salty sea air that lingered with the smell of tanning oil and sex was unmistakable.

However, the fantasy was short lived when the man was rudely awakened, suddenly finding himself on the cold hard floor of his room instead of the comfort of his plush mattress. He jolted upright, hair a mess, instantly being hit with the pulsing headache of an overdue hangover from the party the day before. He struggled to get to onto his shaky legs, groaning angrily as he finally managed to steady himself. He looked up, catching sight of a beautiful man standing on the other side of the bed, just as naked as he was. His gaze hardened even more, almost as if he was trying to remember something.

"Did you...just push me out of my bed?" Jackie was having a hard time processing the situation, reaching for an ornately detailed silk robe he kept on the hanging tree next to his bed. He slipped it over his shoulders, running a hand through his dark hair to fix the tresses as best he could. God...why could he not remember anything? Sure he had consumed a lot of alcohol, but he never went so far as to get blacked out. He did have a figure to maintain after all and alcohol could fuck that up really quickly if you weren't careful.

"Did we...?" He groaned, motioning between them before sighing in defeat with a wave of his hands. It felt like there was something to remember, and it was dangling mercilessly right on the tip of his memory but he couldn't quite grasp it.

Rinnard stared at the black haired male across the room, "No- I... Wherethe jack shit am I?" he asked, awking around the strange area. The designs and the technology in this room wasn't right. and as a ringing ensued across the room, Rin found himself drawn to the small, strange, vibrating device that sat on what seemed like a dresser. He looked up at the male and looked back to stare at the thing. As the black haired beauty reached for the thing, Rin snatched it up and held it out of reach.

"Where am I? Who are you? And what year is it? And how did you break me out of my time loop?" he asked before shuttering, "And why was I in bed with you? Don't misunderstand me, you're handsome, but I find it strange." He continued staring around the bedroom, awing at this and that, keeping the cell-phone, which had stopped ringing, out of far out of the younger's reach. Rinnen even approached the black haired male and examined the robe he wore, opening it up and staring at the fine silky design of it. This easily costed several fortunes.

Jackie was jostled from his frustrations as the familiar whirring of his cell phone. He was just about to reach for it, but the other man had hastily grabbed it first. He simultaneously began bombarding him with questions and Jack could hardly keep up with them. Now this was just getting ridiculous.

"Darling, you flatter me." He gave him a most sincere grin before reaching over him with a long arm to grab his precious cell phone from his hand while he was busying himself looking oddly at his robe. "Though, I must say all of this if off limits...until I manage to get rid of this headache." Jackie pulled the silken robe away from the other man's wandering hands after giving a graceful motion with a single hand to his exposed body. While fastening the sash, he gave a quick glance to the screen, noting he had quite a few missed calls from various friends- perhaps about the party they were throwing later that day. He had smartly saddled all of them with the shopping.

"I think you are even worse off than myself. You look like a horribly lost little rabbit." He turned his dark gaze back to the man who was wandering around his room and looking at things as though he had never laid eyes on them before. God, maybe someone had spiked the punch way harder than he realized with something that had completely fucked them all up. He'd make it his mission to find this person and properly disband him from any physical house parties in the future. There was little he hated more than blacking out. He liked to remember his nighttime excursions- the good ones, anyway.

But his mind wandered back to something the other man had said, confusion falling over his expression once again."Did you say...time loop?" He questioned. And then little bits of pieces started flooding back to him. The book, the miscast spell, the bright light. "Oh my god. It worked!" He was grinning stupidly at this realization, slamming his palm against his forehead in disbelief. So that's what he couldn't remember. But that still left one question: where did this guy come from?

"Did you say...time loop?"

Rinnard stopped gawking around the room and stared at the other male in the room. "Yes. I said Time Loop. Last free moment I had before I got stuck in it, was in the 1947." The man caught a glimpse of himself in a nearby mirror. "Holy mother!" He cried, striding up to the reflective glass, "I'm younger than I was." He looked at his host, "I was 30 when the spell went awry, now I look-..." He glance back to the mirror. "Twenty-three... No. If I were twenty-three I'd have the scar on my cheek. So I'm twenty-two, actually, since I do still have the scar beneath my chin." He took another glance at the mirror before turning back to the other male... "And I know I've got a rockin' body n all, but might you have a spare suit? I seem to be lacking in that area. Especially since I don't know you." He deftly turned, and flung open the nearby wardrobe, glancing at the clothes within. After looking at all of them, he began rummaging through the dresser drawers, not thinking of privacy and just going his own route.

"Anyways, yes. Time Loop. My friend stole a leather bound book or time spells from a magician down the road and got himself in heaps of trouble. So, to fix the problem, we attempted to use the lunar spell in the book to reverse time so we could return the book directly after it was stolen so my friend wouldn't get in trouble. It was foll-proof. Unfortunately, the magical power required for turning back time was too much and my friend disintegrated into a pile of light." He shrugged, "I've lived that moment over and over and over again. Actually. I lived that whole day over and over. Anyways, it's all strange cuz the book said that the lunar spell would only need the power of one magician, but it killed Charlie and would've killed me if I hadn't stopped the spell.

All Jackie could do was stand there, a bit dumbfounded as the man went on about being stuck in a time loop. He spoke about it so casually while it was taking Jack heaps of concentration to wrap his mind around such a thing. "Living the same day over and over...that sounds like hell." He needed a drink just thinking about it. "But...I hate to tell you, it's been quite a while since 1947." He wasn't quite sure how to go about telling someone they were now half a century away from the world they once knew.

"Dear god, please sit down. I cannot have you destroying my room and you're making my headache exponentially worse." He took his wrist to stop him from rummaging around in his belongings. If his head didn't hurt so bad he might have been much angrier about it. "Leave it to me to find something. I have the perfect shirt to go with those pretty eyes of yours." A cheeky grin pulled at the corner of Jack's mouth, reaching for a cigarette on top of his bureau and lighting it. He wandered back to his closet, humming thoughtfully at he browsed the various choices hanging on the hangers until coming to a particular button up. "Try this one. It's a bit short in the waist for me, so it might fit you nicely," smoke billowed from his lips as he spoke, holding the hanger to the other man. "By the way, I'm Jackie, and this is my bedroom. We might as well be properly acquainted."

Jack had no idea what this meant for himself, having accidentally broken space and time continuum to accidentally transport someone from the damn 40's here. But all he could do was take it one step at a time, which included getting this man in a proper outfit.

"By the way, I'm Jackie, and this is my bedroom. We might as well be properly acquainted."

Rin stared at Jackie for a moment, smirking at the handsome male as he responded. "I'm Rinnard. You can call me that, Rin, or Rinnie, whichever you care for." he murmured, grabbing the shirt from Jack and slipping it on. After a few more moments on the soft bed, he stood, gently plucked the cigarette from Jack's lips, took a puff, and handed it back. "Pants? " He questioned, his face inches away from the other's, and growing slightly closer, "and I might need something under those as well. I'll be sure to return them once they've served their purpose, but I can't really go out with my jangs hanging in the breeze" He muttered, staring into Jack's eyes and giving him a wink. "Also. Where am I?" he asked, before shooting a grin and adding, "Besides your bedroom. As marvelous as it may be, I do need to know my wider whereabouts."

Jack's initial expression of surprise quickly melted into an amused smirk when Rinnard plucked the cigarette from his lips. He watched the other man's every motion carefully, gingerly taking it back between his thumb and index finger when it was offered. "I think I am going to like you~" his voice a gentle purr, he turned back to rummaging the lower hangers through his assortment of pants.

"Now, now don't get hasty. You can't rush art," he responded just as he pulled out a plain pair of black jeans. "We'll have to take you shopping for proper fitting ones, but these should do for now." At the end of his sentence he reluctantly turned from Rinnard's close gaze to open the top drawer of his bureau, handing a silk pair of turquoise briefs to him. "And just because I like you, my favorite pair." He gave the man a subtle wink as he drew from the menthol between his fingers.

Jack settled into the plush red velveteen chair at the corner of his room, admiring his handiwork. Why yes, that shirt did accent his assets quite nicely. "You are at the one and only Brakebills, my dear: the most prestigious school for aspiring Magicians. Though, if you want to get technical- upstate New York." He took another drag. "I would be more than happy to show you around, although let's keep the small detail that you are from 1947 a little secret between you and I." He gave the man a smile from where he sat, putting the cigarette out in the ash tray on the decorative table beside his arm. Jack could not afford having administrators and the Dean taking a closer look at him- his future career depended on clean record.

Once Jack had settled into his chair, Rinnie finally began slipping into the rather unusual clothes, at least, unusual for him, but once they were on, he found them more than a bit comfortable and he felt like he could dash through time a second round without a hitch. The grey-eyed male stepped forward and lifted his hands as Jack spoke about upstate New York.

"I would be more than happy to show you around, although let's keep the small detail that you are from 1947 a little secret between you and I."

Rin smirked and began a spell that he had discovered on his own time, and it was his favorite thing to do when fooling in the sheets. It was a rather simple hand gesture, no incantation required, but he knew the effect it would have. A small fluttering at the pit of the stomach would occur, then it would feel like you're plummeting down a steep hill. It was a spell that helped to coax a giant dose of dopamine and adrenaline that would make one feel like they were actually climaxing. Even though they really weren't. It was just a sensation, an illusion in the sensory part of the brain. After all was said and done, Rinnard dropped his hands. "I specialize in illusion magic, but not quite that of the eyes. I fuck with other senses such as smell, hearing," He stepped up the Jack, caressing his shoulder with his fingers as he lowered himself, he knew that, after that spell, Jackie's sense of touch would be heightened beyond measure, "But my favorite thing to do is to screw with people's sense of touch. Which includes pleasure and pain." he grumbled in the other male's ear before abruptly stepping back and throwing the bedroom door open. "But anyways, yes. I'd love a goddamned tour." He smirked down a Jack, his hand outstretched, "So dress that pretty little body of yours and take me on one."

Jack's eyebrow twitched curiously when it appeared as though Rin had begun some sort of spell, however not one that was familiar to him. And then there was an odd tingling in his stomach and an intensity that sent his hands to grip tightly at the chair arms. "W-what...are you doing?" He was slightly scared, yet found the sensation to be elating at the same time. His half lidded gaze followed the other man as he came closer, looking up at him with hazy vision with lips slightly agape. He couldn't hold in the halted breath from his lips at the touch along his shoulders, Rinnard's voice dancing effortlessly against his ear.

Wordlessly Jack took the hand that was offered to him, standing on slightly shaky legs once the initial confusion wore off. "Mr. Rinnard, I've decided I do like you." Jack was now finally returning his wits, placing a finger beneath Rin's chin as he paused to hold his gaze. "Perhaps, if you are good, I can show you a few of my tricks later. If this is the kind of game you want to play." He bit his lip against the sultry smirk that graced his lips before leaving him to quickly get dressed. It was the perfect ensemble: a loose fitting shirt with just the right amount of chest exposure coupled with his favorite scarf and a pair of well fitting trousers.

"First thing's first, this is my humble abode: the Physical dormitories," He gestured about himself once he rejoined Rin. "And, in my completely unbiased opinion, the only place worth being." He grinned over his shoulder as he began to lead down the stairs. "We have six disciplines here at Brakebills. Physical, Illusion," he paused on that one, looking him up and down. "I think you might be able to teach them a thing or two..." he continued a bit quieter, as if in thought, before resuming. "Healing, Natural, Psychic and Knowledge. Am I boring you?" Jack added in jest once they reached the foyer.

"I think you might be able to teach them a thing or two..."

Rinnie just snickered at that, letting off a small shrug. He wasn't sure if he would actually stick around this place... Schools weren't really his style or jive. He glanced at Jack. as his continued about the other dorms and ending of with a small poke. "Nah, handsome, I don't really think you could ever manage to bore me." he slipped a smirk at the other, one that spoke of more than just tame intentions. "Anyways. I'm not sure if I'll stick around. Schools aren't really my area. And I need to discover what all has happened since I've been gone." He glanced around the room before returning his eye back to Jack and placing a finger on his chest, "Though you may end up have a small sway over my thoughts." He paused, opening his mouth for a second before snapping it shut. He followed Jack around as he continued to speak, but Rin was lost in his own head, thinking about a slight problem that may or may not arise during his time here.

At some point, Rin cut off the other male, "I have a question that is completely off your topic. Have you heard of the Canccilors?" He asked, hoping to all hope that they weren't still around during this day an age.

"Darling, if you stay long enough to experience one of our parties, trust me when I say you will never want to leave. Parties of the 21st century are likely a bit different than the ones you might be used to, I imagine." Jackie returned the man's smirk with one of his own, leading him outside while ignoring another call that was coming through on his cellphone. You would think the world was ending with out much they were bothering him. Getting ice and food, among a few other things, was really not that difficult a task. He continued his typical spiel he had memorized like the back of his hand when showing first years around- until he was cut off.

"Canccilors?" Jack feinted a chuckle, the back of his hand pressed gently against his lips. "In history books, yes. It's been quite a long time since they've been around." He paused, smiling to a few friends as they passed by. "To be honest, you are taking this whole...time traveling thing quite well. I'm not sure I would be in such good spirits if I was in your shoes." They approached the center of campus, the large green space sprinkled with students practicing for their assignments and other school work.

"Now that you've Brakebills, I'm not sure about you but I think I could go for some breakfast. Want to join me? They have the most amazing pastries at the cafe."

"To be honest, you are taking this whole...time traveling thing quite well. I'm not sure I would be in such good spirits if I was in your shoes. Now that you've Brakebills, I'm not sure about you but I think I could go for some breakfast. Want to join me? They have the most amazing pastries at the cafe."

Rinnard shrugged, and nodded, following beside Jack, who, he realized, was slightly taller than him. "Thats mostly likely because you have something to loose." he waved his hands around, "I lost everything I had when I watched my best friend dissapear into rays of light repeatedly for however many years I was out." Rin shook his head, "And I'm glad to hear that damned gang is dead. I hope their corpses are rotting in Hell." he grumbled before peaking up. "Oh!" He turned to Jack as hey walked, "So, back during my time, there was a theory in the process about the existence of alternate realms. Has Anything been discovered on that?" He sounded like a child at this moment, momentarily dropping his stern, tough-guy wall in favor of one of his more favorite subjects. But this was short lived as a voice behind them cut into Jack's words.

"Back in your time, you say?" Rin turned to find a rather large, black male behind them, wearing dark glasses, "Jack. I believe we may require some time to talk about your breaking of the rules." The man turned to Jackie, "I'm am, of course, referring to your usage of time magic which might as well have been a firework show above your dormitory."

"I think you should stick around Brakebills for a while, you'd be fascinated at the things we've learned since your time." He offered simply, wanting to tantalize him into perhaps sticking around for a while. He wouldn't mind having someone like him around. However, Jack was cut short when a distinct voice caught his ear that sent a shiver up his spine.

"If it isn't my favorite Dean." Jackie put forth the most charming smile he could conjure during his inner panic, quickly thinking of a good excuse. How did he know? You couldn't pull a fast one on anyone in this damn school.

"Breaking the rules?" An expression of confusion washed over his angular features, taping his chin softly as if in thought. "I...think you might have me mistaken." If there was one role Jack had mastered, it was that of false innocence. "I am only showing this young man around campus. I believe someone may have placed a spell on him which ended him up here. I'm only trying to help him find a way back home." He strode up to the Dean, leaning in so to stage whisper close to his ear. "He's horribly confused. I believe he thinks he's dreaming. He keeps talking as though he's traveled from some distant past." Jack let out a well trained chuckle.

It was a long shot, but he hoped it might buy them a bit more time- at least until he could get him off campus. It seemed their little rendezvous was going to be cut shorter than he'd hoped. All he could do now is hope the dean would buy it, and that Rinnard would play along.

Rinnard stared at the two of them, confused as Dean frowned. "Well, when it comes to odd acts, you're usually the one to come to. Someone used time magic, and while it may not have been you, I believe it was someone in your dormitory." He turned to Rin, tilitng his head at the young man, "Who is this boy? You said something about a spell?" Dean examined him, "He certainly has magical abili-"'

"You wanna see me fly?" Rin cut him off, suddenly realizing where Jack was going with his whole shceme. He sprinted past the two and flung himself into the air off the hill, spreading his arms and, for a moment, gliding through the air before crashing to the ground on his stomach into the grass, knocking all the wind out of him and causing him to groan in pain. Some small sacrifices had to be made for lies. And they had to be believable. That was something Rinnie had learned a long time ago. "Nevermind, flying is out of the question. I can't manage that right now." He grumbled, clutching his stomach, "I don't know why I thought that was a good idea... Oh! But I can create oranges out of thin air!" He cried, suddenly back to his feet and waving his hands about at he garbled nonsense and gathering the attention of nearby students.

Dean, who was a bit taken aback with the whole ordeal, cleared his throat, "Just, get him home when you're done playing with him. I have more important things to do than watch this." He turned on his heel and began to walk away, obviously agitated that his time was being wasted, "And look into who may have cast that time magic for me, will you?"

Well, the dean was not wrong on that point- Jackie was a bit of a magnet for sticky situations. Thankfully he was well equipped to talk himself out of them most of the time. All you needed was a strong dose of confidence and you could convince someone of just about anything. He hadn't quite expected what happened next when Rin suddenly took to the part like water and ran off. He was left, slightly dumbfounded and he watched on. He was only pulled away from the ridiculousness of it all when the Dean spoke up and was already walking away.

"Of course, you know you can always count on me." He offered the man a sincere grin and just as soon as he was out of sight Jack was making his way toward Rinnard. "I never actually thought that would work," he looked to other man up and down, one of his well shaped eyebrows cocking gently. "That was a hard fall you took over there." The young magician only just managed to stifle a bit of laughter. "Were you an actor back in your time, because that performance was quite convincing," he grinned cheekily.

Once the Dean was gone, Rinnie stood and brushed himself off before shooting the student before him a grin. "No, I was not. I just learned that, to really sell a lie, you've got to be willing to make sacrifices and put everything out there. Otherwise, it won't be seen as truthful." He said, thinking about to Charlie. Rin waved for Jack to follow as he went towards the sign that read 'cafe'. "My friend Charlie was a magic junkie. He'd do anything to learn new spells and get more power under his sleeve. And the people he hung with bought and sold magic like it was drugs. That bastard got into so many sticky situations, that I had to find the best way out of. If not for me, that fuck would have been dead thousand-fold by the time he actually perished. And that was to fix yet another one of his mistakes." he grumbled and shook his head.

"Anyways. On note of you asking if I could stick around?" Rinnard turned and faced the male, placing a finger under his chin and pulling his face a bit closer, "Schools aren't my scene, I'll need a pretty damn fine reason to keep my handsome little ass here." Just as his lips were about to touch Jackie's, he flashed a smile and swiveled around, continuing on his way toward the Cafe.

Jack hummed softly in thought as Rin went on to talk about his friend, an eyebrow arching gently in curiosity. In the history books there wasn't much mentioned about magic from his time since it had not been widely discovered yet. It wasn't until the seventies that magic really began to blossom and take root as more magicians began to discover their powers and form secret factions. It didn't sound like a pleasant time for those with magical abilities and hearing about it from a first hand account was a bit heart breaking.

"Your friend sounds a lot like the hedge witches we have today. It's a pretty depressing fate, really." he spoke thoughtfully, however was distracted from continuing when the other man was suddenly leaning in rather closely. A smirk found it's way to his lips once again. "I like to think I might be pretty justifiable reason." Despite the suspicions of the dean, he would enjoy seeing Rinnard able to enjoy himself at one of his parties. "How about you stay for today, and I can take you back to boring ole' New York City in the morning?" He smiled to him once they reached the cafe, a gentle bell sounding as the door opened. "It's very different now, though. Are you sure you'll be okay to just...go out there?" Jackie was a bit of a softie when it came to worrying about others' well being and imagining Rinnard out there trying to learn an entirely new world was stressful to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.