Wasting Time (A Magician Role-Play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rinnard stared at Jack. "I wouldn't mind sticking around for a day, but while you're in class, where am I to be? I doubt I can just waltz in there with you?" He shrugged, "and on the note of New York being new, I may or may not be able to find my way, but I'm sure it can't be that hard to adjust, can it? I mean," Rinnie sat at one of the cafe booths and pulled Jack in with him, "With the existence of time magic, has this really never happened before? Theres got to be someone I can call on, and while you seem like quite the partner to have, don't expect me to be too lovey on you. Where I come from, your type aren't really accepted, just be happy I'm open." He grumbled, as he mulled over the menu over the register.

Last time he was in a place like this, Charlie nearly destroyed the building in an attempt to show Rin an new spell he''d learned, he smirked at the memory. Char had just recently gotten into magic and hadn't quite grasped the danger of it. With his mother on her deathbed, he was in a lot of pain and, when he attempted the spell, it was amplified by a rather massive amount, causing a small spell that caused tiny explosions to become a rather deadly boom. It was quite a funny memory even though one or two people were fatally injured.

Jackie couldn't help but let out a light snort at the comment, looking at Rinnard with a most amused raise of his eyebrows as he allowed himself to be pulled into the booth. "My type? And what exactly is 'my type'?" He grinned, peering over Rin's shoulder to take a look at the menu as well. He allowed himself to lean in rather close before bothering to answer the rest of his questions.

"You're right in the class regard- cannot blame you there. I think you'll be surprised, though. Technology changes pret-ty quickly." He commented, very skeptical at Rinnard's confidence. "Time magic isn't exactly something we're supposed to mess with." Of course that didn't mean there were magicians who did dabble in the stuff, but it was difficult and highly dangerous. "But, I suppose that's why I couldn't resist it. I've always had a habit of steering toward danger rather than away from it." Jack let the last part of his sentence borderline a purr just as the waitress walked over and inquired about their order.

"We'll just take two coffees- make those a double. Thank you, dear," He flashed her his charming smile before she walked away. "Believe me. You'll need that caffeine. You'll thank me during the party tonight." Jack grinned, giving Rinnard's arm a playful squeeze.

Rinnard let off a grumble. "Gay. The gay type. The ones who screw around with other men." Not that he wan't one of them, to be honest, he was a bit of a whore, any sex was good sex and it didn't matter if it was a guy or a girl. Hell, he'd even been in a bottom situation before and it wasn't half- err.

Anyways, he let the other male lean closer to him and even put an arm around Jackie's shoulder despite his earlier claim. "Maybe I'll adjust, maybe not, but it doesn't matter cuz' I'm here anyways. Ain't much time for crying. I just gotta get up and give the day hell." he raised hi brow at the mention of a party, "Oh? I can't recall the last I got myself in a swing." Rin gave the other male a grin, "I'm curious to see what people consider a "party" nowadays. I wonder how those have evolved. And what of music, thats got to be something different with your fancy tech n all." he muttered as the female waiter swung by and dropped off their coffees.

Rinnard tentatively sipped on his, scrunching his face up when he did, "Well the coffee has changed a bit," he muttered, "Not much, but its sweeter than it used to be. Absolutely disgusting," he grumbled as he took another gulp. Then another, "It's not really my thing," another sip. Every time he took a drink, he had another statement about it's foulness, but he continued to sip on the liquid nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.