Warped World(IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Perhaps the most important question," George Washington declared, "is, 'Why have we come here? What is our purpose, and whose doing is this?' I can't assume that anyone here has an answer, or perhaps a slight idea. But perhaps our paths have crossed in these worlds for a reason."

Diggersby had no opinion on this.

Wolf looked at Chesna slightly tilting his head. How did she know about the others here unless she had something to do with it. He shook the thought and looked at her. "I don't think I'll be able to answer those questions sufficiently. I didn't exactly learn about their pasts when we met, only a few of their names is all I truly know. I suppose that was a mistake on my part. Forgive me, but I don't believe I will be able to answer the next set of questions to the standard you are expecting." He said as he slightly lowered his head.

Washington had a very thought provoking question. Why were they here, and why were people brought here before them? Had they done something similar to them? Although Rose was concerned about the Thugs trying to take over the land, she couldn't help but ponder the questions for a moment. Things were rarely as coincidental as they seemed. The universe was rarely so lazy. There had to be some kind of reason behind them being there and meeting. She slightly nodded in agreement, but she didn't think Attila would have an answer for this. She was more concerned about the Collective and the Thugs and how they could be stopped.

"You're being paranoid!" Fredrick yelled."Though, if you must know there's a baby Ales right behind you. Little bugger isn't even a annoyance."

Fredrick was right. Behind X was a tiny spider-like creature no bigger than a human's big toe. It's size, however, didn't stop it from hissing as it trek through the cave. There were four others as well, slightly smaller, but no less bold.

Attila cocked his head."Indeed! Why are you here? It could be completely by accident or maybe someone dragged you here. Whatever the reason, you're here now and you just have to make the best of it. Otherwise you'll end up being depressed and it is not fun. Also, you've been silent my young friend! If you don't speak up soon I might have to do a little skip."

Chesna's eyes closed slightly in annoyance. If he had barely even learned their names then what information could be gleaned? Still, even the littlest of information could help.

"This first question will be the easiest. What are their powers like?"

Paranoia was only a problem if there was no problem to begin with. X saw the baby Ales not long after Frederick pointed them out, and agreed with the A.I.'s assessment. They wouldn't be a threat to something even a quarter of the Reploid's size. X lowers his buster as he steps around the baby Ales, changing it back to his normal hand function. Closer to the back of the cave was the whole reason X came here. It looked a lot like some kind of capsule meant for holding sleeping or inactive humanoids, except lack a middle section, leaving the top and bottom to fit snugly together. As he wipes a layers of dirt from the top lights spring to life as the capsule top unfastens and rises up several feet, revealing a holographic image of an elderly male human. He is short and with a large white beard, wearing a lab coat. As X looks upon the hologram it begins to play the recorded message given to it.

"My name is Thomas Light. This is a message for X. If you've come across this capsule, I fear you must be in the midst of a difficult battle. I have left eight powers for you to inherit in this dimension. I believe that you will use them in the cause of justice. For security purposes, I have divided them into eight different locations. In here is the head parts for the Recon Armor. It enhances your targeting system's capabilities and gives you the ability to detect hidden enemies with thermal vision. Step into the capsule and take the part, X."

Despite how sure X was it was a hologram, he felt it looked almost kind of sad. Records showed that the doctor had passed nearly a century before X was finally ready to be reawakened. Despite that, he left with his assistance even after death. after x stepped up into the capsule the space between the top and bottom was filled with a flash of blue light before receding. The new helmet part was a dark navy blue color. The helmet also had a glass visor the covered the upper face of X, able to show plenty of data for tracking, targeting, and the option to switch to thermal vision. As he steps out of the capsule it compresses back down and the lights fade and go dark, signaling its deactivation.

Now that they took long enough to get this over with, X quickly begins making his way back to the rest of the group.

"Well for the most part there is nothing completely outrageous about them. Some of them seem to be human with different combat styles. One seems to be a cyborg capable of making a weapon with his arms and seems to be in command of a group I suspect know him well and came from his world. Another one seems to be similar to a rabbit that is capable of damaging structures with above average power. One seems to be capable of turning into what looks like a medieval style dragon, a creature of myth from my world. Something that's not exactly meant to exist where I come from. That is what I was able to summarize during a fight with a large spider like creature." He said watching Chesna waiting for her response.

Dante did remain silent much longer than he'd intended to, but the amount of information Attila offered was vastly credible. Only two things bothered Dante at this moment now: what was his next move from here and why does Attilia's necklace bother him so? These questions could only be answered by Attila it seemed, though Dante's desire to meet the one called Hamzah didn't fade unlike the innocent smile from before.

Dante took a deep breathe and looked about the many armed soldiers still pointing every barrel in his general direction. Returning his gaze towards Attila, Dante finally made his initial response. "In regards to your accusation that you hold more knowledge than the one called Hamzah, you do not lie. That much I find true. However, you've made me realize that I must search for something else altogether. Mr. Attila, I apologize for any form of rudeness but I'll ask one final time, for completely different reasons now, may I speak with the one called Hamzah, alone. I assure you, none of you will be harmed."

Dante took his time scanning the area in the back of his mind, sensing all the emotions passing through and through like the wind. Finding Hamzah was difficult for him now due to the unusual high rise in emotional aspect. A lot of people were mentally active and it blocked Dante from locating the one called Hamzah effectively. This bothered him so, made him ponder on what was really going on here.

"The creature you fought was known as a Ales Centurion sent to remove you. I do not know why though. Moving on. Why do you think you are here for?" Chesna said in a curious manner.

Hamzah read a book about the Collective and as he read something felt wrong. It was as if something was looking for him which could have been for a vartiy of reasons. His nerves, of course, began disrupting any attempts to find him, but Hamzah stopped it instead allowing the thing to find him.

Meanwhile Attila's necklace dangled and glowed a faint blue." Well you certainly wouldn't be lying now, but first you have to introduce yourself properly to the others! After all they came here to see who you are!"

Arkith had remained silent throughout the entire conversation studying each person. She was curious about the new comer and why she wanted to meet her long time friend. The dragon had also noticed about the necklace, but kept quiet about it. Better if she only knew about the necklace than announce it to people who haven't already noticed.

Near Harvey's loactions, the rumbling had disturbed a nest of Ales who hissed at each other. The young ones were all hubbled together, scared, while the older ones debated on if they should check it out. A Hafiz was also nearby and had checked to see if the spiders were going to check it out. When it found out they were debating the fact, the soldier fired into the air and demanded that they checked it out with it for it was their duty.

The Ales agreed and gathered up around 45 in total excluding the Hafiz who would be leading the swarm to check out the crash. Shortly after they began their journey they saw a human female taking off something and standing around. They didn't waste another second as the Ales charged and the Collective footsoldier began firing its rifle. The sounds echoed throughout the forest alerting the camp who sprang into action.

"I am uncertain. I do not know who or what brought us here nor do I know the reason. I suspected this might have just been a VR training program, but the technology here is far different from my home so I know that is not the case." He said slightly looking down unable to comprehend a full answer. He then looked back at Chesna. "I have attempted to answer your questions to the best of my ability. May I ask you a few things. Who exactly are you, what is your purpose in this world and exactly who is this Collective I keep hearing the name of?"

Then suddenly, spiders...

Robot death spiders....

Constantia was picking up her things, trying to figure out where she had landed. Figured some forest in Scotland, but then suddenly something changed her mind on that. Metal like spider.... things.... came scurrying through the underbrush. She had heard them before she saw them and was... somewhat ready. As ready as any Strike Witch could be after a less than sufficient landing in an unknown environment. Her Spitfire striker rumbled and sputtered before starting back up. A light blue arura covered her as her magic started the engines of the leg mounted machines. Now hovering in the clearing, she readied her Bren Machine Gun at the approaching creatures, but held back, unsure if they were friendly or the enemy. As terrifying as they looked, she couldn't be sure if they were related to the Neuroi or simply invented to fight them.

Never the less, she kept her weapon trained on them as they approached and readied to fly out of there on a moment's notice. "What a rotten day this has been...." she thought to herself as she watched the approaching horde.

As X got closer to the glade he heard the shot rang out and what sounded like people scurrying and getting ready for action. Seems like the Reploid had arrived right on time. Using some guesswork and his upgraded systems he quickly finds his way back near the campsite he left from when he sees what looked like a human female in the air getting ready to fight against some of the collective. Naturally, he wasn't going to let her have to go against uneven odds. As he saw a Collective footsoldier firing off his rifle X took little time in returning fire with his Buster Cannon. With his new helmet piece he found it far easier to take aim and fire, since it had upgraded his own targeting systems by a large margin. X sighed a little. This was just be his luck.

As X's unit had heard the gunfire they quickly scrambled for actions along with the camp. According to their data X was nearby and likely already at the scene, so they decided to waste no time in helping people get ready when possible.

"I am Chesna meaning Bring Peace in your language. I was..." Chesna stopped and tilted her head as she searched for an appropriate word to describe her. Made wouldn't really work as only her exo skeleton was made. Perhaps birth? No, that could confuse things since she was an elemental. Form. That would do."I was, you could say, formed a long time ago and found a purpose. I was given the role as a diplomat of sorts as well as librarian. As for what I am, I cannot say for certain. You could say I am a cross between the elements and machine. As for the Collective. We are defensive A.I.s. I shall not go into detail either. Now, I believe this has dragged on and your friends are in trouble from the 'Thugs' as you call them. The Thugs are readying for an assault with an Ion Cannon taken from our Creators' armory. That Cannon alone is enough to destroy a Red Giant so you can imagine what will happen if it fires. Convince them not to fire it. Do anything it takes."

The Hafiz felt the blast and it staggered a bit. It quickly wheeled around to face X recognizing him from the battle with the Centurion even though he was slightly different. The soldier roared raising its rifle as its chest opened revealing a deep silvery crystal. Swirls of mist quickly flowed to the rifle causing it to glow.

Meanwhile the Ales were spinning webs and throwing them at Harvey. Some also were attempting to use the webs to float up there.

The ground shook as the horde of Raiders began a long chant trying to boil their blood. Jose was among them stomping his feet as he rhythmically shook his head letting the chant into his head and envisioned a new place. One where they didn't have to scavenge. One where they didn't have to battle the Collective on a daily basis and lose friends. One where they could simply pick fruits instead of stripping flesh from corpses. The Glade will be theirs!

The Ion Cannon sat overlooking the horde from atop of a hill. It sighed. It had seen this before back during the wars and knew it would only end in horror. Both sides would be nothing more than a smoking crater soon.

As the soldier let loose its roar the targeting system for X's new helmet upgrade was quickly calculating possible points that would be possibly be effective areas to shoot at, showing numbers and points on the glass eyepiece as they rapidly appeared and changed until it hit what it thought to be the best spots. Willing to take the chances to quickly end the riflemen X partially charges a shot before aiming it at the crystal in the opponent's chest and firing, letting loose a neon-green colored plasma shot. X had some concerns about how this whole fight would end up.

"Chesna, how do you propose I diffuse the situation? I am merely a single unit and from what I have seen the thugs are not exactly one to have to a non-violent discussion. I am not exactly trained in the dictionary of negotiation either I'm afraid. The odds of me attempting to stop them alone is very minimal." Wolf said lowering his head. His original design was meant for assault, but now he was more designed towards scouting. He then thought about the Muramasa, perhaps it was powerful to destroy the weapon. "Wait, perhaps I may an idea. But it is a long shot. There was a blade given to me from the K-9000, the Muramasa. It should be able to cut through the cannon and stop it from firing. But it's back at the camp."

Rose waited for the new person to introduce himself, but it seemed like he had fallen silent again. She couldn't help but think that they weren't going to get much done at this rate. Attila's necklace had drawn her attention, but she didn't think enough of it to bring it up. "Once you tell us who you are, then could you tell us why you are so intent to talk to Hamzah?" She asked, crossing her arms. Whoever this was, he still hadn't lost his interest in meeting him.

Time skip for the camp

Attila leaned back in his chair back at the Town Hall thinking of what to say, but he didn't know what. So, while he thought he sipped his tea occasionally asking for it to be refilled. Food was also spread out and the chairs were full. However, three people were missing. Wash, the Diggersby, and Dante who vanished into thin air. Attila could only assume that Dr. Hax transported them into the Void. Attila also presumed that two others, DEEMO and Harvey, were also transported to the Void.

"So! How do you find your stay in this world so far!" Attila finally thought of something to say.

The blast from X connected with the Hafiz's crystal making it stagger. Its chest slammed shut as the body shook and the charge was done. The blast did damage it, but it also increased its rifle's power. Still, another hit to the crystal would destory it so the Hafiz needed to be careful.

Another roar followed as the rifle let loose a blop of silver energy towards X.

Chesna was horrified at the suggestion."Is violence the only way you can think of? I guess things did not change much after all this time, but I do understand if that seems like the only option. You should know that the Ion Cannon is self-aware and thus is living. Damaging it would essentially kill it, but what would happen if, say, you took it for yourself? Now, please hurry. My sensors show that the raiders are forth coming. I can suggest that because you helped a group of them you could speak with the leader. I do know they are after the Library which my brother defends so..."Chesna stopped as she realized she let her mouth run."Please, just leave."

X had little to no time to react to the blast from the rifleman's shot. Despite his efforts to evade it strikes him in his left shoulder, some of the impact and his failed evasion making him recoil back before catching himself. It would be unwise to let the fight continue much longer at the rate it was going. Still, it looked like his shot had some adverse reaction. Instead of charging and firing X fires off several normal shots from his buster at the Hafiz as he decides to look for some cover. To fully charge his buster out in the open would leave him a sitting duck.

After a brief introduction with the others, Dante successfully located the man called Hamzah, but could not meet with him due to the still high emotional aspect. There was too much activity going on; it'd be best if Dante met with him after everything had settled down. Other than the necklace still a bother on his mind, a dragon caught Dante's attention. Although, it was not in it's primal dragon form, he could tell immediately after first glance what she was. Her name appeared to be Arkith from what he could read in the confines of her mind. So much was going on here, and to Dante, Arkith's existence here was proof of that. He decided, however, not to address her; a large amount of thinking and planning had to be done. After that, Dante vanished from the scene.

Dante floated high above the Glade, unnoticed by anyone. He contemplated on how so many different beings could be collected here, all together on one world and what could be attracting strong beings like a dragon or even a demon here. There were a lot of questions, but no real answers. He took what he learned from Attila dearly and began a small search for something to help answer this question. Dante used a spell that summoned a shadow wolf, Fenrir, to watch over the Glade. As promised, a portion of his power remained with the Glade in exchange for the information given and he planned to return there very soon. As for now, an excavation was well overdue.

"It's good," Rose replied to Attila's question. Well, aside from the mysterious vanishing of some of the group and the impending doom of the Raiders, anyway.
Actually, it wasn't that bad; she couldn't complain, at least. Those that had vanished were apparently taken to some place called the Void, and in her opinion it was better to know what had happened at least than not know at all. She took a sip of her tea before she decided to bring up something that she had on the back of her mind for a while. "While we were all still here," She said, "I noticed your necklace was glowing. Why?" She had tried to think of reasons for it, but nothing she could think of made sense to her.

Princess Celestia curiously looked around the very unfamiliar forest that she had just appeared in, it was beautiful yes but she did not feel that she was in Equestria anymore plus she was in Canterlot Castle before getting transported here for some unknown reason.

She closed her eyes and sighed, wondering how Equestria will do without her but at least Equestria has 3 other princesses so she did not worry too much.

She began trotting towards a random direction not exactly knowing where to go but perhaps she could meet some locals to ask where she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.