Warped World(IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"At this time we're not far apart and we're in the same general location so if you want go ahead." There was a slight annoyed tone to Hamzah's voice. He also seemed to be arguing with Fredrick about something and eventually gave in."My damnable A.I. friend wants to jump into your motherboard if you're going out."

"The answers will meet my standards, at least most, because they are mostly about your world." Chesna spoke gently as if she was speaking to a child." Are you ready to begin?"

Wolf turned away seeming to be in thought. He didn't understand why this creature would want to know about his home, but given the situation he would go along with it. "Very well then. I do not quite understand why you wish to know about my home, but this unit is made to complete any task it is given in an effective manner." He said turning back towards Chesna ready for the questions.

Well, if they were close enough there would likely be little trouble in going. They could be back relatively quickly in the event of an emergency anyways. However, X wasn't exactly one hundred percent fine with another being sharing space with his body. Especially given how that cause some things to go awry. "Why does he want to do that?" X asked. He wasn't sure if he would get an answer from either Hamzah or Frederick on this one.

A couple of X ' s soldiers were a little finicky on the idea as well. It wouldn't be the first time an outside entity had shared space with a Replied body. However, they had no real alternatives if they were going to agree to it.

Did Attila just materialize those chairs and that table? Rose slowed down when she saw it happen, almost stopping, but not quite. It shouldn't have been possible. She'd always been told that matter couldn't be created or destroyed. Or, at least it wasn't supposed to be. Maybe this world's physics were different... She decided it would be better not to dwell on it too much. Really, considering the situation, defied physics should have been the least of her worries. The Doctor probably would have been fascinated by it, though. She smiled a little at the thought, then shook her head slightly, quietly reminding herself to focus before she slowly walked over to the chairs. She couldn't waste time reminiscing about her time with the Doctor, not now of all times.

George Washington pulled a chair from the table and took a seat, as Diggersby stood crunching his carrot. The general placed his forearms on the table and clasped his hands together. "I do believe there is important business about to take place," he declared. "Why don't you take a seat?" he said to Dante.

Diggersby finished the last bit of carrot before the stem and licked the fingers on his white paw, before wiping them on his fur, waddling over to Washington, and kicking back. He perked one ear up to listen in on the conversation. The general tried to ignore the massive dirty gray forearm sticking up in the air.

Before Hamzah could answer, Fredrick jumped ahead."I simply want to collect data on those communication points as well as collect information on this 'Collective'. So by me entering your body I'll be able to collect and store the data, transform it into a program, and then come up with plans on how to counteract certain situations. For example, during our first encounter with the Collective, the spider drones known as Ales managed to take control of a corpse that was relatively fresh and yet they didn't go for the other bodies, even the rotting ones. My hypothesis is that the Ales can only take over fresh bodies. Does that answer your question?"

Attila laughed hearty as he took a sit and asked a nearby guard to grab some documents. He studied each person that was present at the table noticing Rose's slowed pace. It was dismissed though as Attila thought the female human was simply getting used to the world's...lack of reality.The elder then started babbling on about some trivial things such as how they survive which appeared to be almost average when compared in an actual situation. It just had giant robots that wanted to maul and add you to their ranks.

"Thank you for your corporation and understanding of the situation. Now, what is the current state of your planet? Any major wars going on, assassinations of important people. Is it experiencing a baby boom or is your planet unified?" Chesna stopped awaiting for her answers.

"For now, yes it does." X says in reply to the A.I. "I don't know how close I'll be coming to the relay points or if we'll encounter the Collective on this quick departure." he says in caution. he would trust Frederick for the time being until he gave the blue Reploid a reason not to. The data he collects could come in handy during their time here. They would just have to see what happens. "I'll be heading out shortly. If you're coming you have a few moments to prepare."

Wolf looked away for a moment as he went through his data base for his memories before turning back towards Chesna. "Unfortunately this unit can not provide an accurate detail of the world's status as it is not in my programming. I apologize, but I can only account for the memory stored in this unit. I fought for a company known as Desperado as they had created me. I was destroyed by a rouge samurai known as Samuel who questioned me to think for myself. However if I tried my memory would have been wiped and I would cease to exist. I was rebuilt as my memory unit was still intact and when I first arrived to Abkhazia to liberate the land I was put under Samuel's supervision. After three operations I was moved into Mistral's unit. Soon after I saw an opportunity to free myself and I took it. However in the end after I killed a fellow cyborg by the name of Khasim I was forced into a state of paralysis by my leader Mistral. However she did not report my actions and instead gave me a new objective. I was redeployed during an operation in Abkhazia to kill a cyborg known as Raiden who was deemed a threat to Desperado. It was my last chance to avoid having my memory wiped after my previous...actions. Before I came here I had engaged the cyborg. I am uncertain if the company I worked for knows of my disappearance, but perhaps there is more than I know stored inside this nano chip. I may learn more to assist your seeking for knowledge, however I do not know the effects it may have on this unit. If you wish I will use it, I am sure if there are any unwanted actions you will deal with me accordingly." He said awaiting a response.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sky, a peaceful sky, filled the girl's vision as she flew out of the clouds. Only the subtle hum of her Striker's magical engine and the wind whistling in her ears was all she heard. She slowly closed her eyes, smiling. Yes, this was peace.... yes.... peace....

"SQUADRON LEADER! ARE YOU OKAY!? Tai!"

Harvey's eyes darted open. The peaceful sky had been replaced with a sky scarred by war. Trails of black smoke, flashes of red beams of light, tracer fire, and deadly black clouds of flak were all that filled the once clean blue sky. The sounds of gunfire, the mechanical cries of the alien invaders Neuroi, and the radio calls of her squad mates now filled her ears. What had happen? Why had the peaceful sky disappeared?

"Ahh now it is coming back to me..."

She had just shot down her 70th Neuroi, and was trailing another when she was hit by one of their attacks. Thankfully her instincts had kicked in just in time and she was able to put up a shield to block most of it. Though an explosion had resulted, knocking her out. Now here she was, plummeting towards the ground at 300 knots. Snapping back into action, she pulled up at 500ft, steeply climbing back into the sky.

"Yeah sis, I'm fine. Just had a little nap. Now lets get these bloody bastards and be back for lunch!" she replied, gunning her engines and opening fire on the next Neuroi. Chunks of the black skin flew off, revealing the vulnerable red core. A final shot killed the strange creature.

Suddenly beams fired from behind her.

Everything went black....

Her eyes opened again, this time a different scene filled her vision. The skies where blue and the day was clear. A forest was below her... getting closer, and closer and clo-

"OH BLOODY HELL I'M FALLING!" she yelled aloud as she desperately tried to pull up. Instead she brushed the top of the treetops before crash landing into the forest, taking a serious tumble.

"Owww....." was all she said as she sat up rubbing her head. For a second she panicked, but thankfully her Strikers only had a dent or two in them. Harvey on the other hand had tree limbs sticking out of her hair and dirt covered her flight jacket. "Crying out lout I just had the bloody thing washed.... Now then...." she took off her strikers and stood up. "Where the hell am I?"

Rose took a seat at the table and listened to what the elder had to say, though most of it didn't seem all too important. Although, when he briefly mentioned the robots, it reminded her of the Cybermen and even the Daleks a little, though not as much. Even though she didn't really want to interrupt Attila while he was speaking, she went ahead and spoke up. "I'm sorry to interrupt, Attila, but we should probably start discussing." She looked up at the person she assumed was the newcomer, "Would you care to join us?"

"Already in your head, but in order to maximize combat effectiveness I'll stay quiet until something pops up." Fredrick said."Also, I detected a energy sig similar to the portals that brought us to this place. This could be another person being suck into this place or it could be a trap, but yeah! Life isn't without risks, right?" Shortly after the ground shook slightly.

"Oh, forgive an old man babbling. Yes let us indeed get on to business. Now, what do you fine people want to know? The history of this place, a bit more about the Collective, the other factions, places," Attila went on making mention about 'how to survive in this warped place' and 'who are the Seers' seemingly ignoring the rumbling ground.

Chesna chuckled and sighed in sadness."So not much has changed, but that is only one world. Now next question. Who is currently fighting corruption within your world governments? And another question why is this Raiden a threat?"

Between the rumbling ground the other stuff, they clearly had a few options that they could attend to right now. "Stay here and help defend in case the rumbling is a hostile force." X commands to his men as a backup plan for now. He had to admit he wasn't thrilled with the A.I.'s initiative. With his men keeping track here it would be a bit easier to move around since it would just be him for now. "Not without risk, but there is a difference between worthwhile risks and unnecessary ones. Since the majority of our forces are here I shouldn't have a problem for now." he replies to Frederick. Considering nobody else seemed to be worried about the rumbling X took it as a sign to continue his current objective.

"I shouldn't be long. Hope to be back quickly." he says to the remaining members of the group that were there as he takes off towards the signal he received earlier. Still, he was pretty curious about the surrounding area. With a four mile trip to the signal origin X would have more than enough time to see for himself.

Wolf looked down for a moment trying to look for an answer, but nothing came to him. "Answers...inconclusive. I honestly don't know. I was made to follow orders, but I questioned the true meaning of my existence since my encounter with Samuel. Perhaps this may help." He said looking at the chip. He thought about the possible consequences of using the chip, but inserted it into the slot anyway. He quickly began to shake violently for a moment before falling to the ground.

After he fell a strange grey mist like substance formed around the chip before spreading out to the rest of his body changing it as went. The process took a few minutes to fully change him, but the nanomachines were flawless in their work. He was no longer LQ-84I, he was now K-9000. He now lacked his back mounted chainsaw, but instead carried a knife under each of his claws. He still retained his knives in their pouches on his back legs. Soon his new body came to life with his eyes lighting up with a red glow. He slowly arose as a screen appeared next to his head giving him the information on his new system. It would take him a while to get used to the changes, but he would grow accustom to it as he went. "System online...Unit K-9000...Designation Blade Wolf..." He said before looking back at Chesna. "This unit now carries extensive memories. Nearly ten fold of what it originally was allowed to carry. I will be better suited to answering your questions now. Would you like me to answer the most current questions or is there a new set you would like me to answer?"

Hamzah nodded and got up after X left with Fredrick. Without that crazy A.I.'s constant chatter he finally had some time alone so he supposed should check out the newcomer. Yet something didn't feel quite right.

Attila had said that years ago there was a civilization. It was in singular form as if the entire planet was united and it also sounded as if they were driven to the brink of extinction. Then some time after the Collective began attacking for apparently no reason. Things didn't attack for no reason. Even the mindless drones that had attacked them were defending their young because their group might had disturbed a nest. What could have triggered such a response? He needed to know more about this place.

Spotting a young man he waved his hand."Sir, do you happen to know where the library is? Or even if there is one."

"Yes I do! It's located in the southern corner of the camp."

"Thanks!" Hamzah then turned to one of the Maverick Hunters."If X comes back while I'm gone can you tell him that I went to check out the library?"

Chesna was startled by the sudden transformation by the nanomachines. However, she collected herself and muttered something before stating," Please proceed with the current questions."

There was actually a lot that Rose wanted to know, but before she could ask anything, the ground rumbled. However, Attila didn't really take note of it. "Does that happen often? The ground shaking? " She asked, making sure to clarify it in case it was a normal thing and they had no idea what she was talking about. That seemed to be a logical explanation. If it was a normal thing for whatever reason, it would make sense that they wouldn't pay too much attention to it. She was curious as to what had caused it, though; whether it was some natural occurrence (which she thought was the more logical explanation) or not.

"Very well then. I must analyze the information, please give me a moment." Wolf said looking at Chesna as he brought up a screen the size of his head and scanned through the data. "It seems I was destroyed after my encounter with Raiden, but data shows they used what was left of my A.I. data to create my current form. It seems soon after I did recon for Raiden when he went after Desperado's main supplier World Marshal. It seems they planned to assassinate the President of the United States, but was thwarted by our interference leading to the death of Senator Armstrong that head World Marshal. After those events it seems I spent most of my time at the Solus facility before coming here. That is what I can summarize from the data I received. Is that sufficient enough?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Will do!" one of the Hunter says in reply to Hamzah. The remaining ones were adjusting and setting up some of the equipment from the radio man while they were in safety. From here they should be able to act as a makeshift navigator for their commander, especially as long as they can get access to the signal towers.

X wasn't sure what they would encounter during the trip to the signal, but was sure he and Frederick would manage. The blue Reploid used the software as a makeshift marker in order to track his progress. He wondered how one of Dr.Light's ended up out here but was grateful for it nonetheless. It was odd, hunting down something that would be used for fighting in a place like this. There was little natural beauty left where X was from, and to be able to see it like this was pleasant. Despite his reluctance to go he quickly moves, using his emergency dash system as well as running to close the distance.

Some time later he found himself getting close to the signal's origin. Looking forward, he found himself face to face with what looked like a small cave. "Will you be able to see in here?" X asks out loud to Frederick before he enters. A feeling of anticipation was making itself known to X, but he wanted to be cautious first.

Diggersby grunted. He was one with the earth, and could recognize the disturbance in the tectonic plates in the world. After all, he was part Ground-type. Diggersby grunted again, pointedly at Attila, before pointing with his arm-ears at the ground. He shook the table once to make his point, before cocking his head.

Now that the rabbit mentioned it, there appeared to be a small quake. General Washington noticed this. When Rose asked her question, he couldn't help but nod in agreement. "Moreover, would this tremor seem to pose any imminent threat to anyone in the area?" he added.

Fredrick scanned the cave."Nothing of interest besides what appears to be a statue. Be cautious, though. The Collective could have set up some kind of trap and waiting to spring it. Now, excuse me while I try to create a new program from the data I stole from one of the Collective."

Attila sighed."Don't worry. Just someone from another Universe coming through a portal and yes there has been others before you. The rumbling could be from the portal or something that came through the portal. Or it could the Thugs going through our peaceful forest burning everything down and taking over."

Hamzah arrived at the Library after jogging to there. It wasn't anything spectacular. Just a simple hut with a faded sign that read 'Chronos's Books'. While that was interesting naming the library after a being of time Hamzah didn't dwell on it instead opening the door to the hut. Inside was the same. Just with rows of old and battered books that have seen better days.

The librarian awoke and yawned. He mouthed something before welcoming Hamzah and asked if he needed anything.

"History about the civilization before the Collective struck." Was the answer.

"Not many and those that we do have are written by today's authors. Mostly theories and what it might have been like. There are a few that claim to have accurate information."

Hamzah cursed and asked where they would be. The man pointed over to the front. With a nod of thanks Hamzah trotted on over to retrieve a dusty, blue book.

"The information you have given me is fair, but could be better. However, we must move onto other matters. Now I must ask you about the beings you have arrived with. Are you ready?"

X nods in affirmation to the A.I.'s comments. Whatever the new program was, X was a bit nervous that stealing it would likely alert the Collective to their current location. At least they both realized that the possibility of a trap was both real and likely. His right arm goes into Buster mode as he approaches the cave, keeping it up and at the ready as he goes in. It was darker in here than out there, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. According to his data, the origin was right here in the cave with him. As he approaches he remains cautious. As he approaches he can make out what looks like what he came for at the end of the cave. As he approaches X gets the feeling he is being watched. He quickly spins around to look around as he keeps his buster at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.