Warped World(IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf readied himself as the creature readied to fire at him. Suddenly to his surprise it didn't fire. Whether something told it not to strike must have meant something truly was expecting him. As uneasy as he felt he slowly moved closer. "Not much of a speaker I see. Seems to be common among Collective creatures." He said lowly as he approached the hole keeping his guard up for anything.

"Well, we normally have the ability to do so. It's just that we're shorthanded since we came here." X replies to Fredrick. The majority of the data work was handled by navigator back at a local post of the Hunter Base while a field agent was at work. Since they were away from the base, they had no access to it. The software offered by their new companion would be a huge boost. "We will gratefully accept your offer, thank you." he adds with a grateful tone. Since their was one signal that clearly meant more of the capsules would be here. X wondered what the late doctor could have waiting for him this time. In the meantime, X's followers went to work on the signal until they get the software that they would need.

"You're men are very protective of you, Attila. That's good on your part, at least you know that betrayal is a rare factor among your guardsmen. Now, why are you keeping me here and not retrieving the one called Hamzah for me?" Dante asked once again, becoming more and more frustrated with their little game of stalling, but for what he could not figure out. Even reading their minds proved useless as to why they were wasting his time.

Dante simply kept his breathing in check and his heart rate at a standard. As long as he could control himself, it was okay to be held up by these people the way he was, but it did without a doubt annoy the living hell out of him. I need to hurry and speak with Hamzah... so what's taking so long... he thought keeping that innocent smile upon his face.

"Alright, I need to enter through your firewall, which should be a piece of cake, and install the standard software we used to give Tierra grunts. This version has been modified in order to fit your hardware and to take advantage of our situation. There are multiple points of communications that are still active thus allowing the software to tap into their network and get the layout of the place. There's a problem though." Fredrick stopped to allow them to either guess or ask.

Meanwhile, Hamzah gestured towards Arkith who nodded and went outside to check out the new comer.

The necklace on Attila's chest shook a bit and the elder looked down at it." Are you getting frustrated? If so, calm yourself and on the subject of this 'Hamzah'. He is like you. Got here not too long ago with an odd mix and though he does have some knowledge, he knows little when compared against me. And you did say you wanted someone with the most knowledge."

The Hafiz blankly stared at Blade as he crept up on the hole. It seemed ready at any moment to begin firing, but the wire from earlier had wrapped itself around the weapon. Whatever effect the wire had on the footsoldier was in Blade's favor as Ales were starting to crawl out of the buildings. They kept their distance instead keenly observing as things unfold. One among them clanked its fangs together as if it was laughing and before anyone could react a wire slithered out of the hole towards Blade.

As his soldier let him guess they continued some of their work, though slowing down so they could stop and not have their work interrupted. They were making steady progress either way.

X pauses for a moment before deciding to guess. "If I had to guess, I would say would lie with the network we're tapping into. Is it the Collective's or something? If so, i could see more than a few problems with that." the blue Reploid says, hazarding a guess to see if he was correct or not.

"No, not this 'Collective' at all. These points have only popped up recently and some are related to where we come from, but others are of unknown origin. What's better is that many of these have been deactivated thus causing the mini-map to be black or faded in a great many areas. I would have hacked into them and reactivate them, but something really powerful is around these points. Take a guess and you win a pony!"

Hamzah remained silent. His face, still hidden by his helmet, showed as if he was considering something. "If something is preventing Fredrick, one of the greatest A.I.s I know of, from hacking into these points to reactivate then the Collective are more intelligent and dangerous than I originally though."

Wolf kept a slight glimpse on the Hafiz as he approached. Soon he began to notice Ales coming out from the nearby buildings. He took a step back feeling uneasy about this choice, especially from the Ale that almost seemed to make some sort of gesture to him. Before he could react he spotted a wire coming towards him. Before he was able to get back it wrapped itself around his front right leg. "What is this?" He questioned trying to free himself from it.

"I think I'll pass on the pony wager, though thanks for the offer. If it's not this Collective and some of these points are related to our arrival I couldn't even guess at what it could be." X says, admitting defeat on this guessing game. "But what do you think the odds of us getting those up and running again would be? I think it could be to our advantage to do so." he couldn't help but wonder though. Could this mean there would be more trouble in the near future for them?

"Chances are high since most of these are primitive in nature and thus can be reactivated. The thing is, something has to be guarding the jammers and that could pose a problem if what they left behind is more power than that Centurion. I shudder at the thought of what might be worse than those things."

With a single pull, the wire dragged Blade into the hole and through the tunnels that spread out across the Wasteland. Soon the wire arrived inside a circular chamber with its floor covered by wires all leading up to a human-shaped creature that appeared robotic in nature. Wires replaced the legs, however, and thinner wires went from its head into some kind of glowing orb above.

"You are one of the beings that have arrived in this scared place?" A gentle voice echoed throughout the room.

X figured it wouldn't be an easy task. Whatever was guarding these things had to have been relatively powerful. "I don't like it any more than you do, but the bonuses that could possibly afford us would likely be worth the risk if we think we can get them. " X says to Frederick. "However, if we do decide to do it going with anything less than a group of us would be suicidal. In the meantime though, you can go ahead and bypass our firewalls for the software. once again, thank you."

It took Wolf a moment to process the area after the wire dragged him to...wherever he was now. Underground he would guess, but exactly where was uncertain. He slowly stood up looking at the strange creature before hearing the voice. "Yes, I am. However this unit does not understand how or why it has come here. My purpose here does not seem easily noticeable. However I was tracking a signal from something called 'Wolf' that seems to have led me here. Was that your doing? Was this all merely a trap for me?" He said as he looked at the creature.

George Washington and Diggersby stood in the camp, slightly bored. Because George Washington was from the 18th century, he had no knowledge of electronic technology, and could not aid the A.I. in hacking the location points. And Diggersby was a rabbit, albeit a powerful, big-ear-armed rabbit.

Diggersby's stomach growled. He patted his stomach and scowled.

"I believe our little rabbit friend hasn't had much to eat," George Washington said to anybody passing by.

Rose figured she wasn't really needed by X and his team nor at the gates, so she stuck near Washington and Diggersby. As much as she wanted to do something, she didn't know what she could do. " Well, maybe we can find something, then," She said to Wash after he pointed out that Diggersby was hungry. She had forgotten about that, actually.

Arkith walked out of the crude town hall into a nice breeze. She took it in for a minute before going on her way through the camp. On her way to the gates the dragon saw that three people from her group were hanging around seemly bored. There was the two humans and the giant rabbit which was rubbing its stomach. Arkith guessed that the beast was hungry and unlatched a pouch producing a small carrot.

"Yeah! Catch!" Arkith threw the carrot at Diggersby and then came over." Ok, do any of you want to help me 'befriend' the newcomer?"

"Chances of doing it solo are 1.3% unless you have some really powerful weapons. Also, the software has already been installed while we talked as I do not like wasting time asking for people's permission."

Hamzah shook his head." He's like that." He muttered.

"You call yourself a 'unit'. Very sad for a being such as yourself capable of understanding basic emotions and I honestly thought that ever such our creators' downfall that the other species would at least give some life to their machines. Anyways, this Wolf I did not sent. He appeared before me sometime you appeared before me and mistakenly he thought I was going to attack him and thus, despite my advanced reasoning capabilities, had to destroy him." One of the wires moved up the curved walls and slithered into a crevice dragging out the sparking husk of a canine robot similar to Blade." Quite unfortunate. I wanted to know more about the outsidee world. Oh!" Chesna sounded distressed." It is not like me to start a conversation without introducing myself. It has been a few... let us just say a long time such I talked with anyone who is not of us."

Wolf slowly walked over the remains of the machine. He scanned over it getting whatever memories he could salvage. When he finished he used his tail to pull a small chip from the Wolf's neck. "It seems the Wolf carried a nanochip. Used commonly for a software upgrade among cyborgs in my world. I believe this is what it wanted me to find. I matches my very serial number with the year 2018, two years after my last known existance. What could it truly mean? Am I meant to be something greater? Something that allows me to truly be free to express my emotions and choices?" He said staring at the chip before looking back at the creature. "Please forgive this units rude manners. Are you the one they call Chesna?"

Someone threw a carrot to Diggersby, and Rose looked over to who threw it. It was Arkith. I'm glad that's taken care of. "Yeah, I'll help." She replied, giving a small nod of confirmation. It'd be nice to have something to help with. Hopefully, it would also give her an opportunity to get to know some of the members of the group better. She turned to Washington and the rabbit. "What about you two?"

Diggersby caught the carrot and crunched on it, before nodding to Rose's question. General Washington replied in the assent as well. "Perhaps we'll find out more about each other in the process of doing so," Washington replied, "which is important in such a diverse group as us."

Diggersby waddled over to the new guy, smiling and waving with both an ear and a hand.

Arkith smiled as the group went over the Attila who wasn't surprise. In fact, he seemed to have anticipated their arrival. As the group approached the elder waved his hand and a table with chairs materialized out of thin air. He didn't speak, only gesturing. Arkith was surprised and baffled at how this happened. The only explanation she could think of was magic.

"Yes I am. And it is you. Just an upgraded version I suppose. Now, I have brought you here to ask a few questions or if you like you can attempt to escape or fight me which will both result in death and I cannot stand it when people decide to fight me for no logical reason." Chesna spoke as the wire removed the husk and placed it back into the crevice.

Wolf scanned the room, while there were multiple cracks he couldn't see a way of escape and fighting would surely be suicide. "Calculations show either option would result in less than a 5% chance of survival. I don't understand what questions you could have for me, but considering the state of the situation I will try to answer the questions with the best of my ability. I apologize in advance if the answers do not suit your standards."

With the new software it was child's play to be able to locate the signal origin. "It looks like it was about four-ish miles to the northeast." The Reploid in charge of the radio told X. X nods as Arkith and the group leaves before he had the opportunity to go along with them. Well, he would have the opportunity to meet the newcomer soon enough anyway. This almost reminded him of a certain brash newcomer to the Maverick Hunters, but this guy was likely different. He mentally debated on whether or not to split from the group to pursue the Doctor's signal, but decided to at least wait until they were less split up.
"It's fine if your companion this time. With this I can go pretty much at any time to investigate now." X says to Hamzah.

Status
Not open for further replies.