War for Gods and Races

How much time is spent between every players posts?

• Some weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A month

• Several months

• A whole year

• A longer amount of time

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that feeling @Zamorak and I know how annoying it is to have to redo things. But it is also an opportunity to make it anew and better ;)
I will happily wait if you still want to be part of this ^^
(If you dont want the random delete to occur you could post the "work in progress" either here or in a conversation with me :)

Alright. I will redo it. Might take awhile though. I still want to be apart of this so I will start on it.

I havent?
Well, @Reno Lam thanks for pointing out my mistake :/
If I remember correctly I approve of all the CSes that have been completed thus far.
If I didnt say so I am terribly sorry.

Well, the "Accepted Gods and Races" list was empty, so I was wondering about that.

yeah, about that...
I noticed when you mentioned it, so at the moment I am running through the pages to find the finished versions of your CSes :)

@Drougar
Fix the story of your god.

@Raven
The population count seems reasonable. Make the land-options a bit easier to understand and mention that it is an island, and clearly state your location there.

@Rion
I wonder about your god.
She has become inconsistent, with her both being trapped, able to take a form outside, and talking with her subjects. The part of her teasing other gods make it even weirder.
Is she an old god ? Or was she born/created by them? Depending I will have to give you the rundown of the Far Backstory.

She came with the Old Gods. How she got trapped is pretty vague, but I am working on a way/thingy that will make sense to have the power to release her. I guess she act like the kind of big sis who make fun of her little brother.

@Rion start a conversation with me and we'll work the thing out.

@Reno Lam you should be among the accepted ones in the second post ^^

Okay. Sure.
I edited my lands description. Let me know if I need to think of more details to add etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Reno Lam Ill have to agree with you on that. I must admit I neglected this story in wait of those not yet finished.

But I cant well let the rest of you wait forever, which means I will start this before the weekend.

@Raven your cs is accepted
@Rion we are still not done regarding your god
@Zamorak how much left of that cs of yours?
@TheAllMightyOne you ready with a cs?
@Deshwitat do you still have time for this?
(my cs is in the second post for those wondering about it)

Now then:
Those of you still up for this raise your voice!

• Thank You
Reactions: Raven
@Reno Lam Ill have to agree with you on that. I must admit I neglected this story in wait of those not yet finished.

But I cant well let the rest of you wait forever, which means I will start this before the weekend.

Now then:
*raises voice*

*Sings a tribal war tune*

Now then:
*Raises Voice* I'm excited thank you for having me.

Hi. I am interested in joining this RP. Please let me know if you're still accepting applications. :)

Yes I still am, happy to have you here!

God that took me a long time. Glad to be here too. :)

Let me know if you want me to change anything.

Name: Moira

Occupation: She is known as the Stern Matron, the Gentle Forger and Mother Smith.

Age: Moira was one of the most ancient of gods and goddesses, belonging to one of the primordials that forged the world into being.

Appearance/appearances: Moira is always portrayed as a stern female in her late forties by her worshippers, wearing a coat over her shoulders and a simple dress made of leather; in her hands one of the many tool of the trade. She is also portrayed as a woman with long blonde hair in braids. Having no preferred form of manifestation, Moira takes on the appearance of whatever that suits her at the time and because of this, she appears just as how her worshippers would have portrayed her in their minds.

Real body: Moira's true form is that of clouds of diamond dusts howling in the wind, changing forms that are best to tackle the task at hand.

State of existence:
Moira frequently travelled the universe in her true form, and therefore she only send down visions to her few chosen priests and priestesses. In the past however, she was known to have physically manifested on the material plane to reveal secrets skills and knowledge to those that she greatly favoured.

Personality:
Moira is a stern and dutiful goddess who believe strongly in the strength of mortals. Because of this, she is reluctant in using her powers to aid her worshippers directly. She also believes in the strength of community, encouraging her worshippers to build strong community and social ties with each other. She has a keen and curious mind, a trait that she holds especially dear among her own people. Her serene and peaceful nature led many of her worshippers to believe that she is truly motherly in her ways.

Responsibility:
Moira's people live in the northern-most of the continents, and as such she distanced herself from her worshippers in the hope that they would learn self-reliance, resourcefulness and strength. When a threat arises that would destroy her adopted children however, Moira becomes the vengeful giantess in legends as she swings down her equally giant hammer upon her foes. Those who were especially skilled or intelligent find themselves under the ever-watchful eyes of Moira.

Backstory: After the creation of the world, Moira was among one of the many that would simply venture out the world in search of knowledge and secrets while still tending to her duties as the primordial goddess of crafts. It was during one of these journeys that she would come across a race of people who were orphaned as a result of their god's demise. She took pity on them, and took them under her wings. She taught them hunting and fishing, culture and engineering, magic and scholarly writings. When she was finished with her teaching, she was going to continue with her journey to seek the secrets that elude even the gods. However, the people implored for her to stay, to be their guardian just as their dead god did. She gave pause, and eventually agreed.

Connections: Moira has the most affinity with gods of craftsmanship, life, knowledge, community and magic. She has problems with gods who crave for nothing but destruction.

Relics: None. Moira does not keep her artefacts in the material plane. However, she does occasionally blesses some of the most wondrous mortal creations crafted by her people, granting them some measure of divine power.

Powers: Moira holds perfect dominion over domains of Artifice, Crafts, Knowledge and Frostfell. She can easily bestow knowledge and skills as well as removing them completely from the minds of others. She can make great monuments and mechanical wonders to rise in seconds, and even faster by completely eradicating them turning them into mere dusts. All tools and creations that were made by hands are hers to command, no matter how primitive, no matter how advance. She can also count the wintry winds and blizzards among her most useful allies. Her dominion over Frostfell had only become apparent once she adopted the Icefolks of Frostfell.

Children: Moira had sired no children up until this age.

Realm: Moira is generally friendly and therefore nothing terrible will happen upon encroached if the interlopers bear no ill-will. However, if they are hostile, Moira's vengeful gaze would be upon them immediately and they could expect their ships to sink, animals to rebel, crops to fail, weapons to rust, disease to spread among others more debilitating effects. When a deity steps into her domain, she would personally appear to them and greet them.

Name:
Icefolks of Frostfell. The Icefolks do not have a central government and they are led only by Chieftains who act as both mayors and military commanders. However, they do have a circle of elders and are gathered when the total might of the Icefolks are required.

Appearances:
Icefolks typically stands between 5 to 6 feet tall with men most of the times obviously taller than women. They are extremely human-like, with a penchant for brightly coloured hair (such as blonde and platinum) and similarly coloured eyes (such as ice blue and emerald green). Icefolks are, however, generally fairer than human though their skin can be rougher because of the harsh weather in Frostfell.

Physiology:
The Icefolks are close cousins of humans, except that they are stronger, tougher and more resistant to the weather and dangers of Frostfell making them excellent explorers of the Northern regions. However, they cannot bear the heat of the South. Icefolks also reach maturity slightly earlier than their human cousins, though they generally live far shorter lives due to the daily dangers they face in Frostfell.

Reproduction:
Icefolks reproduce just as humans do.

Culture:
Due to the geographical feature of Frostfell, Icefolks usually live near beaches where the fishes are plenty, near forests where they are sheltered from the worst of storms, or near the mountains where they can safely mine from the earth. They usually gathered together in loose formations of towns, and greater cities have not yet been found. Due to their long veneration of Moira, the Icefolks can be considered to be mechanically advanced as well as talented ivory craftsmen. The discovery of coal had helped the Icefolks improving their lives by leaps and bounds as they can now keep the frosts away from their homes and camps as well as using it to power a lot of their machineries.

Icefolks are friendly folks, and they welcome outsiders with open arms. However, they are also fierce hunters and proud warriors; calling themselves the true children of the frigid wastes of Frostfell. All men and women are equal in the eyes of the Icefolks, and it is the deed that you do that represents you. Icefolks are also known for their naivety as well as undying loyalty to those who had earned their trust. Likewise, if one betrayed their trusts, be prepared to be hunted down like dogs.

The Icefolks do not have a central head figure. Instead, they are led by the Council of Elders, formed by representatives of all the towns and villages in Frostfell. The decision making process is oversaw by the clergy of Moira to make sure that there is transparency and fairness. The representatives are chosen by their own towns and villages.

Due to the perpetual winter that surrounds the North, the Icefolks usually wear thick layers of animal furs over heavily quilted clothing to protect themselves from the cold. They also wear a veil over their nose and mouth to prevent their face from being frozen, while those who can afford them wear a pair of snow goggles to resist snow blindness as well. Due to the hard lives all Icefolks endure, they value function over form almost at all times.

Religion:
The Icefolks believed that after their race was created, their god died in the frozen wastes while trying to protect his children from the all-consuming darkness. After his death, they were godless. They became feral, fathers killing sons, mothers killing daughters, brothers killing brothers, daughters killing daughters. It was an age of chaos and darkness, until the Icefolk's first prophet, a young Icefolk cried out to the Frostfell in despair as he was left to die in the snowfield. Then out in the distance, a stern giantess came, and she groomed him back to health. She taught him many things: fishing, hunting, foraging, engineering, healing, culture and even taught him the secrets of magic. She even taught him the secrets of the gods, though it was said that he brought that secret into his grave.

The prophet eventually returned to his people, teaching them what he learned from the giantess whom he called mother, and the Church of the Mother Smith or the Church of Moira came to be. The giantess then appeared to the prophet in his dreams, rebuking his effort in persuading her to stay. But he wept, and begged for her to stay. Her heart softened, and it was how the Mother became the guardians of the people.

The Church of Moira does not stop the Icefolks from worshipping other gods, for they understand that Moira herself merely adopted the Icefolks and it would be wrong for them to stop the people from worshipping others. However, regardless of who they chose to worship, Icefolks believe in sworn promises and if one was broken, they would be cursed until they made amends.

Infrastructure:
The Icefolks generally live in wooden cottages and houses made of logs. However, buildings made of stones and concrete are not unknown. The Icefolks love to use sledges pulled by Direwolves, though cavalries are quite common. When traversing the mountains, they usually do it by foot. The Icefolks are also known to be have tamed Ice Wyverns and use them for transports, but because of the frequent snowstorms they use it quite sparingly. Canoes, boats and ships are quite frequently used for fishing and trading. The area surrounding Frostfell exports a lot of rare materials that are not found anywhere else including seal fur, whale oil, mammoth and walrus ivory, smoked fish and high quality timber. Frostfell is also blessed with mineral wealth such as gold, silver, coal, copper and iron. Magical materials also exist on Frostfell, though these are extremely dangerous to harvest.

Magic:
Magic among the Icefolks are very rare, but those who can wield it are extremely powerful individuals. Those who are talented in the Arts usually approach the Church of Moira for instructions, and most eventually become part of the clergy to learn more about magic and to serve Moira. As expected, Icefolks hold extraordinary affinity towards cold magic.

Army:
In times of war, the entire Icefolks population transform themselves into machines of wars. Men become soldiers, rangers and cavalries while women take care of the logistics. Experienced engineers modify their equipment and raise weapons of destructions and the ice wyverns were called to war. Mammoths were outfitted to carry great cannons. Members of the clergy call upon the power of the ever freezing North to their sides, and to awaken the great slumbering beast called Frostfell. They can also invole the ancient pact that their ancestors have made with the Frost Giants, and call upon their aid.

Background:
The first of the Icefolks struggled in Frostfell. There were cold, slush, snow and ice, but the Icefolks endured. Though primitive, the Icefolks adapted to the harsh and dire winters of Frostfell while living in caverns, tents and underground complexes. It was years after that when their god finally died that they were plunged into a dark age where many were turned into barbarism. It was not until they were adopted by the goddess Moira that they were able to return to civilization. Their new prophet brought them into a new golden age where they learnt to properly fish and hunt, as well as to cultivate plants that can be eaten yet were able to stand the harsh winters of the North.
It took years, but the Icefolks were finally able to rise up from the ashes and embraced both science and magic. During this time, they were even able to defeat the hated Frost Giants, and eventually befriend them as well. Though the dangers of Frostfell remains, they became one of the dominating forces on the frozen wasteland.

Relations:
The Icefolks are a welcoming and friendly lot and thus their relationship with others who had visited their lands are good. However, the Icefolks do not leave Frostfell frequently enough so they can be considered quite naïve by others, but it was this naivety that drawn others to them.

Legends/Myths:
Their favourite story is about how the giantess that was sent by the goddess Moira picked up their young prophet when he was but a young teen and nursed him back to health while teaching him the secrets of the gods.

The Lands:
Is your land full of mountains, forests, rivers, caves ? What kind of animals live there, what kind of plants ? Are there any special objects, ruins or artifacts scattered around ? Is it dangerous out at night thanks to bandits or other creepers ?

Notable beasts:
The land of Frostfell is home to several mythical beasts, and to not so mythical horrifying creatures. Great dragons were said to dwell deep within the bowels of unexplored mountain valleys, sleeping await with their horde of treasures. Dire Winterwolves, Great Huskies, Giant Polar Bears, Ice Wyverns and the Woolly Mammoths aren't that rare. Air and Ice Elementals, creatures made of pure elements roam at the highest altitudes of certain mountains and plateaus. Frost Giants make certain mountains and valleys their homes. Spirits of the dead also danced in the snows, luring the living into their demise.

Frostfell is the northernmost continent of the known world (black in the map). It is an extremely unfriendly land, surrounded by perpetual winters littered with mountains, high plateaus and valleys that only the hardiest species could survive. In the winter season, lakes and rivers may freeze and the land becomes devastated by blizzards and snow storms. Even the seas surrounding it became harder to traverse as glaciers form and ice chunks blocks harbours. However, it is also blessed with immense mineral wealth, known to have large deposits of various precious and even magical metals. Plants that made their home in Frostfell are also one of the hardest type of lumber that had ever existed, making it ideal construction material. Hotsprings are also relatively common, providing heat, warmth and a source of water.

Why: The Icefolks is not interested in lands beyond the Frostfell. Not like they can live anywhere else, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.