Walkers

Rinne looked into the portal and something that seemed pretty spiteful flashed in her eyes. "Something like that...in fact something worse."

She gazed into the portal, running her fingers in it with a counter-clockwise motion. "It has enslaved their people as much as the night and darkness has."

A portal opens up in the ceiling of the pantry. A figure falls through it and lands on his face. "For Pete's sake.... again?" he said annoyingly. Captain Scrubz a tall figure with bright blue hair and long cape has always been randomly dimension/time shifting for way to long now. He wouldn't mind but he can't control it. He's been to so many places every time and all he wants is a group of friends to hang out with, either battling beside them or just having a coffee. At least every time it happens his dragon and ship goes with as well so he's not always on his own and finding them both was an easy task.

"That one Hurt" He said aloud. He soon looked up from where he fell and scratched his head
"Why is the portal still there". The portal always disappeared on him after falling through one of the portals.
"Blue you there?"....
"Blue..........oh **** where the hell am I"
Scrubz digs into his cape and grabs a bottle and drinks from it and places it back.

"To go through that portal or not to go through."
Scrubz takes a deep breath and as always think out loud
"Why does the universe hate me so"

mike over hears the man talking " because your alone. " he chuckles and turns around. his gun in hand showing that he is serious but also joking at the same time.
As mike speaks alex stands up " hey Bennett how long have you been a walker and when did you notice your abilities.

He shot a glance at the man drawing a weapon on someone in the midpoint, He looks at him like he is crazy or something. He then say's " A pistol? really...a pistol how interesting but my father always said never point a gun unless your going to fire it " He paused and gave him a serious look and then said " Now are you going to use it or put it away? " He said as he leaned up against an open spot on the wall. His one eyes blue with one strike in it, He doesn't take good liking to unnecessary violence to friends.

Scrubz looks at the man with the gun with a grin on his face says "Kids shouldn't play with toys". He looks around at the other people around the room "Greetings Name's Scrubz and I have no idea how I got here but must be for a reason it usually is" He offers his hand out for a handshake to anyone who'll accept it. "If you don't need my help I'll see what happens when I go through that portal I just came through"

Reactions: Banana-senpai
Bennett looked as Alex asked how long he had been a Walker. He tapped his chin, thoughtfully. "Longer than I can remember. I came from Earth 778XQ9 ((one that still operates like in the 1920's Mafia times, but magic exists)). I noticed my powers about 1943, when I walked into my local coffee shop and found myself here, in Midpoint. A senior Walker showed me the ropes, and I figure out the rest for myself. Luckily, I'm a Terramancer, or I would have been eaten by some creature long ago."

He looked over at the blue-haired man named Scrubz. "Peculiar, I believe I saw you a few weeks ago, in Ectorma, the water planet."

"Ectorma? Ectorma?" scratches his head "Its possible especially I'm more at home on water. but my timeline's everywhere I dimension/Time Shift to many times for my liking it's possible you saw a future me. I've noticed there's a lot of portals in this place. usually when I Shift the portal closes behind me yet the one I came through is still there on the ceiling and its never convenient, You look wise sir and am always eager to learn. Any ideas?"

Bennett cocked his head sideways. "Opened on the ceiling? That almost never happens. Most portals needed to Planeswalk already exist. It is highly unlikely that..." He looked into the pantry, on the ceiling and saw the portal. "Hm." he reached up and touched the portal, and it collapsed. "There we are. Portal's closed and you can go about your business. He shook the man's hand. "Well, Scrubz, I'm Bennett. Bennett Angoria. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Pleasure all mine Bennett" Scrubz looks back where the portal was then back at bennett "Surprising enough I don't know really know how we do this, everything happens accidently. But this a first time I've reached a destination and I can't contact my ship. I know she'll be alright." He takes his bottle out his cape and leans against the wall to have a drink and places it back "My theory is she in one of these portals," He takes a quick look around "I'll be here forever what are you guys up to I'm happy to help."

"I'm not sure either, If the way I see it is correct, then we simply have the ability to move through the strands of fate that connect every world, timeline, universe. Everything. This place, Midpoint, is at the center, the place all are directly connected to." He looks around at the group. "I think we were about to grab a bite to eat."

"OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-"

Carter ran through the fields, heading towards a portal. About five cheetahs were chasing him, but luckily, in this universe, humans were faster then cheetahs. But not much in difference.

He did a front flip into the portal and rubbed his head. "Phew. That was close." He said as he fixed his brown hair. He stood up, wiped off the dust, and looked around. Other Walkers were staring at him. He made an awkward face and said "Hi . . . Name's Carter."

alien_soldier_by_targete-d37gs9o.jpg
6'7 About 205 pounds of pure alien

Nayk was running through the confines of his saucer. The terrestrials of the planet marked "Cattle" somehow created signals to disrupt his ships auto pilot. He ran to the bridge of the ship and looked at the monitor. It read JULY 7 1947 (look up that date for an easter egg) He swiped the monitor with his hand and the ship's vitals came on. The ship lost all tracking,steering and all positioning capabilities. Nayk cursed and ran to the medical bay. He strapped in his injured wife and hugged her.

" Everything's alright honey. We just ran into a meteor shower on the way home."

She smiled in her sleep and rubbed her pregnant belly. They were only a galaxy away from home.

The ship's alert system blared
IMPACT IN 6 Seconds Survivability 13% Preparing for self destruct in 30 minutes.

He knew the ship knows the life on this planet can't handle the advanced tech on this ship. He kissed his wife goodbye and prepared to descend upon another dimension. He wanted to take her but the baby would instantly die.

A blue elastic band of energy formed around Nayk. He could watched as the ship imploded while he jumped dimensional. He cried while he looked for a knew dimension to dwell in. He closed his eyes and chose random as he landed on the hard floor. He growls and stands looking at hairless mammals who seemed to be communicating. He leaned against a wall minding his own business if he was lucky they'll run away in fear and leave him. Sorrow swallowed the young alien.

Rinne was quietly observing the group as they conversed. Moments like these when she remembered that she is among the first walkers upset her just a little bit. For one thing, it reminded her of her age.

Another thing, it reminded her of the troubles of Midpoint. The portal that opened as a ceiling was a sure sign. Midpoint is a very unstable plane and it takes several people to regulate it.

It's like a time bomb. And only Walkers can save Midpoint.

She did a head count again. She has made a habit of doing head counts since she started mingling with the younger Walkers. She took a good look at each of them and searched her thoughts.

Yes, it was I who welcomed them all to the life of a Walker, I remember now. She thought. They've sure grown. She appeared as different people to them. As a male sometimes, female sometimes. Old to some and young on others. But it was her job. That is, it used to be.

"Carter, Scrubz." She called with her flirty little smile back on her lips. She gave a discreet nod to Nayk, acknowledging that he saw them. "I'm Rinne Tanger. As of the moment that is. I think you all must know something very important.

"Plane jumping is like a congenital disease. A mutation of sorts. But that's just the simplest way to put it. If I have to explain the entire genetic background of Walkers, it'll take several hours. To put it short, Walking keeps us alive. Our bodies are designed to keep adjusting to different surroundings. And this place, Midpoint, it's our home. It's where we can take a needed break from adjusting and readjusting because this dimension does the adjusting on our behalf.

"However, Midpoint is unstable because all the planes are linked here." Rinne paused, wondering if they remember that half of her explanation was already given to them when they awoke their Walker abilities. She hoped they could fill in the blanks themselves of the need to fix Midpoint. She wanted it to come from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, that's easy. There's different universes right? So we go in one, just like our home universe, and find a Midpoint there. Then, we take what we're missing from here, slap it on, and then everything will be okay." Carter said.

"Thanks Rinne, I think that helps explain a lot" Scrubz gets his bottle out again, takes a sip and thinks back way back...* I thought it was a dream 1st time I shifted. I am a Walker, not very good one at that. Every time I've shifted i don't know where i am what year and fall flat on my face each time*
His heart beat rose quicker and with his other hand clenched his chest. Out loud he spoke one word "Horus" and went back to thought *my dragon, his heart in me He's the walker I got part abilities*

He takes another drink and realized while he was deep in thought another being has entered looking like he's upset. He puts his bottle away. Slowly he walks up to the alien. Scrubz was only an inch shorter than him and Scrubz puts his hand on his shoulder. Scrubz said nothing for a while trying to think of the right words. You can tell the alien was upset but why Scrubz had no idea. "Come on dude come get some food" Scrubz finally said to the Alien. "Name's Scrubz"

Looking over to Carter "Hey Carter wouldn't that cause more different dimensions and time splits so there will be more portals in midpoint. The Lady just said midpoint unstable enough. But hey thats my view Im new to midpoint and I don't exactly know the rules. I just take it a day at a time"

mike wasnot aiming his gun at the man it was just in hand so he ignored them and fell silent as he waited to go eat .. Gambleing with his thoughts..
Alex thinks about what bennett says and as he goes to speak an alien appears .. He notices a silence that fell over the group.. Not a normal one where every one was quiet.. Just one mike he looks to see if he was still there ..
Alex pulls out a wallet and pulls out a ball and unfolds it with his abilities 10 planet currencies appear .."hope where ever we go they except my money" he chuckles a little not speaking to anyone directly..

"Hm, yeah, now that I think about it, that universe's us will need to fix their Midpoint, and then the other universe will need to fix their midpoint. It'd go on and on till one universe's us takes stuff from us us.

Rinne laughed in her flirty way, but it was rather mirthless.

"There is only one Midpoint, boys." she said. "As the name implies, this is the one place that links all dimensions. You could meet a past or future self in here, too. But Midpoint itself will not let you enter a portal where you're still in. To prevent confusion."

She leaned her hip on the wall casually. "So, what are you boys planning?"

The alien seems to be in shock "Well people were talking about food when I came in I'm going to see what's here then I'll help where I can. I randomly turn up in places useally cause someone needs my help and I'm guessing its you lot this time". Scrubz casually goes back in the gantry and see whats around. "Ah ha Do nuts and coffee my favourite". He picks up the stuff and comes out the gantry. "Now where's the...... ah there the kettle." Right I'm mashing who's having a drink and still awake here. I think we need to get midpoint more stable than it is. so its definitly a quick cuppa"