VRMMORPG rp (signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the gm, hes a total hammerbutt (you know what i mean), hes almighty and power hungry, etc... In other words hes a "BAD!" guy get what im saying.

Dont take it too harshly. When a player does that, take it as a compliment. We are all trying to help you further develop the characters, give them some spine and backstory, give them motive, a definite personality. Quite honestly, i understand his point of view, and myself, if i just looked at the one act of electricuting one hundred people, I would say the person on the other end of the screen was an inanity stricken seven year old. Unless that is what you want to portray, you just need development ^^ If its really that harsh being called out on it in the ooc, you can pm me and we can work on character and plot development in private since ive coached a lot of people before, but if not, you can also do it all yourself. Your choice

I only pick at the ideas I think have potential. I'm taking a creative writing course, and one of the first things that was drilled into us is, "Your first draft is never right."

Is he the creator, or only a GM the creator put in charge?
Creator - He's put his heart, soul, and life into this game. He's one of the most brilliant men alive to have made it. He's spent that intelligence and all his resources on making CoRE. Then he's a power-hungry madman with a vendetta against Gamers, but is sporting enough to give them a chance at not dying, unless of course you were to call him a poo-head. I can't make these two match.
Appointed GM - Why would the before-described genius put this total !#@$ in charge of his entire life's work? Did the guy murder the Creator and steal control? If so, what was the Creator's original purpose in creating CoRE? And did this most brilliant Creator leave hints behind? This gives a semi-plausible explanation for the Demon's actions, and it opens up new possibilities for what Players are doing in this world.

What do you think? Doable?

• Love
Reactions: Shadicmaster
I like option 2. Gives a lot more reason to live than just 'kill the boss and everything will be peaceful'. Cuz then its just a grinding game. The second option RayChel put up gives an adventue and constant descovery aspect to the game

I have put this on my Q on things I need to write a post for later when I am done with work for today.

Oh my.... these are a few textwalls you guys posted... that is gonna take a while to read up.

Last edited:
How about we leave those details till later on in the rp when he happens to come back in the rp and see what happens then. But if guys want ill make a background story for him.

Ok i like the intros so far buy @RayChel i hope your post are about 40 times smaller lol :D ill do my intro soon, at after school band unfortunately so it will be a wi'll *sigh* :(

Last edited by a moderator:
How about we leave those details till later on in the rp
No can do. I'm serious; I really can't. I've been plotting a dozen different clues and puzzles to be found over the next six months. Ancient texts written in a language that players can't decipher. A missing painting in an art gallery. Carvings deep inside a dungeon that portray a beautiful sanctuary and a priceless treasure hidden inside. An immortal hermit living high in the mountains who speaks of King Everblade the Wise. I can't stop at this point--and quite frankly, the Tyrant is too important a figure to simply set aside.

Post length, huh. Um... maybe 4 times as small... >_< Really, when I said I had half a post written, it was only to the end of the wisewoman's instructions. I was expecting something much less aggressive as a starting post, so I thought I would only have to add Karuu and Alisea meeting at the store, then running into other characters or trouble. With all that hitting the fan, it turns out what I had was only a third. With that used, and interaction inevitable, I doubt I'll ever manage a post that long again. Unless it's a lore post; I'll be putting many, many of those together in my free time. And rejecting 90% of them.

Please, please, please, please, please, pleeeeease can the Tyrant be an imposter who has stolen King Everblade's name and game?

• Love
Reactions: White
Wow i was right when i said to myself "you've been busy!" After reading your intro and that was only the start lol. Fine ill make a backstory for the tyrant. And for the aggressive start i havent really done anything aggressive here and thats what came into my head lol. Ps i think your getting a bit carried away with this lol

Always. ^_^ Carried up, up, and away. These wings were made to fly, after all.

(2 players dead is aggressive, let alone 200. Death is an aggressive opening. I'm sensitive about that.)

• Love
Reactions: White
I like to get carried away. Right now Second Horizon has potential to completly suck me in and carry me off reality.

This will, too to some degree.
I need the "carried" away as a form to either burn energy in my head or to simply drift off reality for a moment. It helps me with recollecting my thoughts for reality.

Further note, posts for this will come every 2-3 days to give others time to reply as well and to not spam the thread with an overly largue character picture.
So the next post will come sometime tomorrow.

Post speed will increase as everybody else starts to post faster :p

This is a message for all people in this rp. If you thinks its time for you to do a post then do it even if there was only one post in between yours, though i agree dont spam things like if your in a conversation thats fine, etc...

Yessir! I will post whenever I see it appropriate. And I'll limit the size if I'm doing posts that close together.

I'm not sure what it is, but VR MMO RPs elicit long first posts from me. The longest intro I've ever done was for one called Dream Life. 7382 words to set up both my characters as I desired and move them to an area where player interaction became feasible. I broke that up into several posts as a courtesy, but that was the intro.

That was actually a really fun one to write, too. I had a human player and an NPC as my characters (a world like Log Horizon, you see). It was a shame it died before I could make my last post for that intro. It's like decorating for the biggest New Year's party you'll ever see, then having everyone cancel two days prior.

Well, there's my random thought for the day. Back to organizing all these old character sheets.

Ya i made my intro a lot longer then my regular posting size.

And you know log horizon is still going on a new ep is coming out every saturday in japan season 2 has 8 eps so far.

@Skyminer You stated the era as 1920s. Here's what I've been picturing:
6HistoricCStreet1920.jpg

Yessir! I will post whenever I see it appropriate. And I'll limit the size if I'm doing posts that close together.
I'm not sure what it is, but VR MMO RPs elicit long first posts from me. The longest intro I've ever done was for one called Dream Life. 7382 words to set up both my characters as I desired and move them to an area where player interaction became feasible. I broke that up into several posts as a courtesy, but that was the intro.
That was actually a really fun one to write, too. I had a human player and an NPC as my characters (a world like Log Horizon, you see). It was a shame it died before I could make my last post for that intro. It's like decorating for the biggest New Year's party you'll ever see, then having everyone cancel two days prior.
Well, there's my random thought for the day. Back to organizing all these old character sheets.

I really really hate when RP's die out when I can get my head into them and start to think a lot about them. That is when I start to love working on them as my head tends to keep up a fast pace and a bit distraction for it from reality is very pleasurable for me.

Ok maybe i did t bring back the date far enough lol.

Check the new date

url
So more along the lines of this

I only see a white squre butim on my ipod right now so ill check with my computer later

Status
Not open for further replies.