VRMMORPG rp (signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Why does Lisa murder? Pleasure? Adrenaline? A twisted sense of Justice?
It is something that needs a proper reason and purpose. It is why I left the personality section and notes about self on character creation empty. I want it to be properly set... which depends on the enviroment which again depends on all of you. Aaand it needs to reflect to her reality before the VR-MMO. It also has to reflect on her characters appearance to some degree as our personalities is reflected to some degree on how we look and dress.

I know what I am doing. If you have your doubts you can move it onto a PM... or you simply look at my recent RPs for a post-quality check. There were 2 recently ongoing RPs. One closed due to internal drama and the other is left in question and of less quality for me in terms of posts... for now.

Background and Personality create a personal plot. A personal plot and a personal conflict, a flaw in character that this character has to face makes for a well thought out character.

I don't doubt your ability. I can't. You're undeniably brilliant. I want a feel for how Lisa fits into this RP; now I'm starting to get one. Maybe. You're right, though; I'll ask more in PM.

Reactions: White
I don't doubt your ability. I can't. You're undeniably brilliant. I want a feel for how Lisa fits into this RP; now I'm starting to get one. Maybe. You're right, though; I'll ask more in PM.
On a PM I am more willing to give my thoughts away.
It is more private.

Wow you guys were busy chatting lol

@Desire I find something wrong with the idea of a sub-class geared exclusively toward player-killing. In my mind, a game where players can only die once would not include a class or profession to make killing players easier. However, I do think a sub-class that can benefit from PKs is plausible, so long as it extends a little beyond that as well. Might I suggest "Headhunter" or "Vigilante" as options? A sub-class whose job is to hunt down criminals (Player or Non-Player) and collect rewards for doing so. They would have abilities for tracking a specific target and preventing that target from escaping. (I don't see any way this couldn't be used on non-criminals as well, but the "designer's intent" is less murderous)

Is that close to what you have in mind?

I think the idea of a subclass that protects against pking or pk hunter would be a cool idea to have in this rp.

Well il wait a bit longer before we start incase theres some last minute people wanting to join so maybe tommorrow and would anyone like to start it off if not i will but just checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow you guys were busy chatting lol
I think the idea of a subclass that protects against pking or pk hunter would be a cool idea to have in this rp.
Too bad it does not lie in me to be a sheriff xD
But with me around it would be very interesting for me, too <3

That wasn't my intent. A Headhunter is someone who hunts a specific target. That could be a player, that could be an NPC, that could be a Boss or a Mob. I'm against the idea of any Class or Sub-class that specifically targets players. There are any number of abilities that can be converted to effective use against players, but the intent should be elsewhere.

I have half a post written, but it's all on the outskirts. I was hoping for some kind of large event to give direction. Not a system announcement, but maybe something like a goblin attack. Would that not be a fun way to start a game? The starter village is being swarmed by 7000 goblins.

1. Ya i know the "head hunter" was for anytging not just pvp 2. You gave me a great way to start us off 3. I hope no one minds but i thought of a great character and am totally recreating my character which i will post next

Name: Techtalis Galidoor

Appearance:
mecha.jpg
he is about 9 feet tall

Personality: he is rough and tuff, someone you don't want to get on the bad side of but is the greatest ally if you become his friend for his is loyal, trustworthy and caring for others

Class: Head Hunter

Sub-class: Guardian

Starting gear:
ka04_rirasaonteskatana.png
Blood Katana its one of the best Head Hunter weapons because it gains power against targets and levels up (though very slowly)
bubbleshield3.jpg
and a force field which starts out as 1 plate growing 1 plate per level and can take more and more damage as he levels. If you are in the sheild while its made and you attack someone/thing inside you take the damage (only comes into affect when the shield is and entire dome) and his shield doesn't reach max power due to guardian being his subclass. He cant move if he puts up a dome

Strengths: high agility, high strength

Weakness: he is highly weak to acidic weapons and creatures, he has many blind spots that some one could hide in or cling too due to his massive size, no magic defense

Notes about previous self: he was a small weak guy by the name Rob Hencefore who was always being defended by his friends (so he wanted to flip things around in video games going as a tank fighting style)

Now thats just an epic character who agrees? Lol. Do you guys think his weaknesses balance out his strengths?

Reactions: Shadicmaster
Lol, has about as much amazing as my friend's collection of yugioh decks he plays with and there seems to be enough balance to it to counter (unlike his decks xD)

Im guessing his deck is epic by you saying "there seems to be enough balance to conter it (unlike his deck xD)" lol :D

His crystal beast deck! My god! If you dont kill it all in like.... 10 turns, youre doomed!

Well i havent played yu-gi-oh in a couple years so is probly lose anyway lol though ive got a descent deck.

Well actually id say its a great deck (maybe) lol.

I dont play yugioh because he was my teacher xD Actually, thats the reason i dont play any card games/dnd syle games XD

dont worry, I normally post twice that length on initial posts, and i loved it. I'm posting right now

Ok :D. Usaully i have things happy and nice but i can do some nasty stuff if i want to lol.

A dozen flags just went up. I'll keep it to the most terrifying:

Tech - Sub-class Guardian? Do you mean sub-class can actually be combat related? The way you wrote the opening post gave me the impression sub-class was a profession, and had to be one step off of combat, i.e. making weapons, concocting poisons, or searching for targets. If his Class and Sub-class were switched, I would accept it; as is, the shield seems out of place.
Tech 2 - Agility and Strength are both maxed. He's a Guardian, so Defense and HP are high. Then I assume Magic and Magic Defense are nil, Range is point-blank, and Critical is tiny (both give and take). Weak to only Acid is not a weakness. It's far too situational; even Haruyuki Arita only ran into that once. Many Blindspots is, again, not a weakness if he has huge Agility. As long as he's moving, he'll be able to dodge.

Demon - He has proven he can warp anyone at will. He's the one who created the game? I find that hard to believe. He's a spoiled brat, throwing a hissy fit because the gamers didn't grovel at his feet. But if he didn't make the game, he wouldn't have any control over the players. We'll assume he really is the GM for now. He kills 1.43% of his players for no reason other than, "don't talk back to me." It wasn't even a dramatized, "I'll make an example of you," kill; he lost his temper and threw a fit. He has no goal, no purpose, no ability to think about the future, and no humanity. That's all well and good if he's the Last Boss NPC; but if he's the man who made CoRE, all of these are contradictory.

Reactions: Shadicmaster
Subclass could be a combat thing but it wouldnt be nearly as strong as if it was a regular class. Hes a robot so he has the force field and the guardian subclass increases/changes the shield. Speed and attack arent maxed there just increased though defense would be near max for a level 1 though he would be very weak to magic (ill add that) and low magic attack. You got any suggestions for weaknesses but personally i think having so many blind spots including spots to cling onto him is a very big weakness

I agree in some senses as i was profiling him and found it a bit immature. I mean a far more effective way of silencing them would be to do just that. Silence them. If he has game control, he could've just killed the one rebel and then used a mute command on everyone else, effective for some amount of time, or effective until they are able to find someone with spellcasting or potions that can counteract it.
As for the poison aspect (acid) most all classes should have level increases with abilities that can be geared in that direction
Agility is null if he is in his shield as he would have to stay stationary to prevent miscalculations of propultion and other such matters, and warping would be a dangerous matter while in shield mode. Anything he does in that status could backfire on him, which is why i find it effective (or at least how i pictured it) But the major flaw in it is just not being properly explained. More technicality would have definitely served you better

Status
Not open for further replies.