Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being mercilessly mocked for New52 (which, actually, gave us the Death Of The Family) and years of fanboys thinking the MCU makes their characters better written than ours, all I have to say about Marvel killing its comic universe is: "On your left."

And Stein...I thought you were smarter than to open up such an inflammatory topic.

Reactions: Stein
Urge to abuse my powers rising...

After being mercilessly mocked for New52 (which, actually, gave us the Death Of The Family) and years of fanboys thinking the MCU makes their characters better written than ours, all I have to say about Marvel killing its comic universe is: "On your left."

And Stein...I thought you were smarter than to open up such an inflammatory topic.

Honestly, it was just to breathe a bit of life back in to this thread, Roman. We're getting too quiet. And a quiet OOC can spell the death of an IC

Honestly, it was just to breathe a bit of life back in to this thread, Roman. We're getting too quiet. And a quiet OOC can spell the death of an IC
This I agree with haha. The above statement not so much.

Admittedly, this is partially my fault. I promised both an IC post from Taro now that my timeline has synced back up, plus I'm often OOC quiet regardless. However, I should probably mention that my own Zelda RP has recently experienced a revival, and then on Thursday my Personnel Manager called me at work and invited me to a Line Manager Assessment on Tuesday (basically a 'hey do you want to come to this thing that, if you pass, will promote you two positions above where you are right now without the hassle of going through the motions?') which, while exciting and a good opportunity, does require the preparation of a 10-minute presentation about me, my life, my career, and my skills, and why I want the job, and would be good at it. Which most people on said assessment get a month's advance notice for. I did not. So it's gone a little hectic this weekend.

REGARDLESS. After Tuesday I'll fall back in line, hopefully get Taro back in the mix before then, but I'll certainly get back to work on all my Vigilance-related projects.

Well, I know you adore DC and Hilly could argue either way. I assumed Roman would go DC and I had a feeling Shroud was a DCer as well.

So, I figured making a statement like that would stir at least a tad bit of activity.

We all know how I really feel about both

I think Shroud might be more team Marvel. And yeah I could have sworn you were team DC so that post threw me for a loop haha.

I've only really seen the Marvel movies, but they're great, and DC has a lot to compare to. Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, and the Avengers? Yes please.

I got an A on an essay on King Lear that was barely long enough and that was written before we got good notes on either Lear or Gloucester (which the question was on) from a teacher who tries to not to give A's and who marks us at the same level he marks people a year above us. Hell yes.

• Love
Reactions: Stein
Also, on the topic of DC/Marvel. I actually lean more toward Marvel in the loyalty department. Marvel has always tackled race/class/sexual identity issues with a passion and as a gay man, that was reassuring to me. And besides, the Xavier - Magneto / MLK- Malcolm X allusion? No words. Just pure reverence on my end.

But, as an adult, I look to DC slightly more because I tend to like the characters more on a personality play out level.

and I had a feeling Shroud was a DCer as well.
I be Marvel. I read and enjoy both immensely, of course, as well as other companies' titles, but I will always be on "Team Marvel" first and foremost.

Apologies for my disappearance, I have been without internet the past few days. I will work on catching up on and contributing to the IC as soon as I can later today.

My best friend and I had a discussion about Loki after I'd watched the first Thor movie, and we realised what a good character he actually is- in that film at least. He has a definite character arc, and you can understand why he does everything he does. I generally find villains more interesting though- when we were discussing Goneril and Regan (the villains of King Lear) in class my teacher was like "yeah I don't really think anybody likes them" and I was like "nope, I still do." Edmund is another interesting villain. Did anybody else here study Lear?

Alright how about everyone's favourite characters?

I honestly know little of Marvel and DC. Not a big comics fan, and I tend to find most of the movies underwhelming.
shrug.gif

Still, I suppose the Joker is a good character, though not in the stories where his persona stems from falling into a tank of chemical waste. That feels contrived and silly.

Again, I've only seen the movies, but I'm going to have to say either Loki, Tony Stark or Black Widow. Loki because character development, Tony also for character development and he's just a great character all around, and Black Widow because she's just freaking awesome.

From DC, I'd have to say the Green Lantern, but mainly on the concept surrounding him. I always resonated with the fact that he was part of a truly all inclusive order of beings that didn't care about creed, ethnicity, race (on the galactic scale), or even orientation. As long as your heart was pure and will indomitable, you could rise to greatness. Zatanna and Vixen are right up there as well. Vixen, more on her powers, but still her as a person.

In Marvel, it's a bit tougher, because I've got a strong attachment to many. But, two I can say for sure are Magneto and miss Molly Hayes!

I've always related to the character of Dick Grayson especially since his solo series. Though I enjoy several members of the Batfamily save for Batwoman and Jason Todd. Never picked up a Marvel comic but I do like Nightcrawler, Daredevil and the cinematic Iron Man.

The Question has always been a favourite of mine, just for pure craziness. And Deathstroke the Terminator.

Status
Not open for further replies.