Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Is this roleplay still accepting? I have a few pre made characters ready to go. =)

Hello! Is this roleplay still accepting? I have a few pre made characters ready to go. =)
We are accepting but your premade characters will likely require edits to bring them in line with the lore laid out in the OP.

I'd have to say Lex Luthor and I will try to post tomorrow for morgan.

For Marvel it would have to be X men's The Beast.

Personally, I'd prefer to be able to use either Wrecker or Charger and then mold them into your character sheet. If it is all the same to you, of course.

If none of them strike you fancy, I also have no issue creating a character from scratch.

My internet continues to go off and on irregularly. Not sure what is wrong with it at the moment, but I'm doing what I can to fix it. I'm going to go catch up on the IC right now, while I still have an internet connection, and then I'll see about working on a post. If it goes out again, I'll simply type up the post on a word document and get it up as soon as I've got internet again.

Personally, I'd prefer to be able to use either Wrecker or Charger and then mold them into your character sheet. If it is all the same to you, of course.

If none of them strike you fancy, I also have no issue creating a character from scratch.
I'd rather you choose who you want to play as, that way you'll likely enjoy it more than having a character assigned to you even if it's of your own creation. It doesn't matter which you play as of the two listed though Wrecker's powers might have to be edited as they seem to be two different and equally powerful abilities.

I can certainly tone it down, and add more weakness. Personally, I just enjoy playing front line guys.

• | NAME: | Adam Daniel Cooper

| ALIAS(ES): | Nicknames: Coop, Dam, AC, Asshole (To some people) Codename: Wrecker

| PLACE OF BIRTH: | Belmont, New York, United States, Earth

| SPECIES: | Hyper-Human

| D.O.B.: | May 2, 1991

| AGE: | 23

| SEX: | Male

| SEXUALITY: | Hetero

| APPEARANCE: |
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 220lbs (When not activating power)
    Hair Color: D. Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Ethnicity: Caucasian with a bit of redness
    Physical Appearance: In addition to the other information, he is more bulk that lean. It's obvious he works out but there is still a bear like appearance to him. He also has freckles all over his shoulders. Hair is generally kept short or in a fauxhawk, if it gets long enough. His facial hair is red. Often he wears a plain t-shirt and jeans, but does like to spice it up at times with a random suit or something.

| CLASSIFICATION: | Juno

• | ABILITIES: |
    Density Manipulation
    Adam can manipulate the density and solidity of himself only. His body-tissue, skin, muscles, bones, etc. can be extremely dense/solid, allowing him to withstand harmful strains on the body such as crushing weights, impacts, pressures, and changes in temperature. With this, Adam also gains enhanced levels of strength and stamina, this is possible because of how hard the body has become, allowing resistance to tearing a muscle and/or their bones shattering easily. Adam can make himself so heavy he can break through almost anything or so light that it can just float away. Mind you, he can only do this for himself.

| SKILLS: | While still very much a novice, he has learned to integrate his power with his street fighting style. He is good at other things but be nothing that affects is life as a hero directly.

| LIMITATIONS: |
    • If Adam isn't in control, they could either float away or be immobilized by weight.
    • Wrecker can not use this to fly as Superman or Iron-Man.
    • Has a real issue with not picking the largest enemy in the room to fight just to feel like a bad ass
    • Is far too rash with his own life.
    • Often has mood swings.
    • Is a liability as his style ends up breaking more things that necessary.
    • He has issues with seeing colors a certain way. This could be a big issue for tactics.
    • He is easily frightened/startled.
    • Currently he still doesn't have any formal, real training in hero work, fighting, etc.
    • If the right buttons are pressed, he can be pushed to do almost anything.
    • The smell of dog food makes him gag.
    • Poking fun or bullying is an effective method for manipulation or even neutralizing.
    • Even if he faces someone with less strength or endurance that he does that it is still very possible to to be taken down. (As he does not have much technique beyond "Punch this. Run through that.")
    • His skin density, at max, matches the metal Osmium. This allows him to withstand tankfire, but anything more (such as large-scale missiles, nukes, etc) are a no-go.
    • The strength limit that he can throw a <3700lb car almost the full length of a football field.

| WEAKNESSES: |
    • While his skin can take an very, very large amount of damage, once it is damaged, his wounds do not heal any faster than a normal humans. Recovery would depend on quality of care.
    • Overall, he does have a weak nose. It has caused a lot of gagging and vomiting incidents.
    • He is still able to take damage from energy attacks.
    • Still able to be poisoned.
    • While he is a stubborn guy, his mind is still as likely to be taken control of as any human.
    • Any concoction that can remove and suppress his mutation will work. (Also possible plot idea, if it doesn't exist?)
    • His senses can still be affected, as a human. Blinding, Deafening are VERY effective.
    • Illusions of his family are also very effective.
    • When very light weight, he is much more easily damaged and thrown.
    • He CANNOT manipulate the density of anything other than himself.
    • He has to "activate" the power. So if he is not ready to take a hit, the blow could be deadly if it is to a human.
    • User may sacrifice flexibility and speed for strength and durability.

Deeper Fears That can effect him
    • Heights
    • Snakes
    • Being Alone
    • Being Useless
    • Rejection
    • Embarrassment of any kind

| APPLICATIONS: |
    • Enhanced Durability/Invulnerability
    • Enhanced Endurance
    • Enhanced Strength
    • Pressure Resistance
    • Skin Hardening
    • Unbreakable Bones
    • Immobility
  • | WEAPONS: | He doesn't currently feel the need for weapons, as he is a wrecking ball by himself. With his power, anything he is able to carry would likely be crushed.

| TOOLS: | See Weapons.

| ATTIRE: | He tends to wear what is comfortable, but has no issue wearing a tux. For crime fighting, he tend to wear face paint as fabric tends to rip and he doesn't sweat as easily as most people. He doesn't have a specific design that he goes with because its fun for him to come up with different things.

• | BACKSTORY: |
    Adam was born in a small town, in New York. Life wasn't very interesting, in terms of being different. He came from a good family. In that, they accepted him for who he is. However, they did not know how to deal with him constantly breaking/floating things. Wrecker was raised on good values but with his parents being unable to teach him how to use his gift, there wasn't much for him to be but experiment. There were a lot of ideas that either busted or floated away. No one else knew about it. It was like a dirty secret but he knew they still loved him.

Often, the young man would go out for sports and of course the ability wasn't used. There were a couple of times he was tempted. Even so, he was an average athlete that did well in school. His favorite classes were music and gym. (Because lunch isn't a class). He was known as a class clown and it was something that was prided on.

But the ability had to come out sometime. And it was the last day of Sophomore year. He was walking home, and his head phones were in. The light was red but the truck driver didn't see it. Luckily, Adam seen him. The front of the 18-wheeler had a Mr. Cooper sized hole in the front. The driver was killed when the semi flipped over the teen.

It was a hard sight to miss, said the 4th witness. They weren't in court, but it was a town discussion that wasn't going well. Before the torches were lit, they decided to move. To a point, he still resents himself for that day. Thankfully, being a teenager in this day and age allows for internet surfing. This is what helped lead him to hero work. He never thought about it before, but it makes sense. Growing up watching tv shows where the big bad does something evil and the good guys come in and kick his ass.

When it came time to be on his own (He was 19 at this time), he picked a spot on the map and that would be where he would protect start a life for himself. After talking it over, with his family, it was time to go. Adam does still keep in contact, when he can, but this new life can be rather busy.

Especially with the attention he has received since the incident, that does include one attempt at recruitment and an attempted assassination that took out a small convenience store. (Which he is terribly sorry for, since they had some great deli subs.) H.E.L.P. seemed like an obvious choice but he wanted to stay under the radar. He was to destructive enough that if an incident happened at the center that it would only hurt the people he would want to keep protected. Though, looking back on it, he could have used the training. As for Constantine's Guard (The ones that tried to take him out): Fuck 'em. Professional assassin's, my ass.

He has been shown both sides of the coin for people like him...and one side is very dirty and dented in. Adam works to try and keep the other side from getting scuffed.

Present Day: Adam is a 23 year old hero that is trying to figure out this damn city. With a good four years of burglar foiling, rape thwarting, and crook bashing the young man wants to take out bigger targets. Mostly, he did so to stay out of everyone's way. With the entire city in disarray, now is the perfect time to crack some thicker heads.

• | SAMPLE POST: |
    BRRRRR

CRUNCH SHATTER

"Hmph!"

It was all that was heard. The rather distinct sounds of a metal car taking some sort damage. The sounds were loud and they were close. Wrecker knew what happened, and it wasn't a car crash. At least, not until it hit its target. The green volvo was for somehow a car that was annoying to look at, which is why it was chosen. Not to mention it was the car of his neighbor that constantly blared his death metal next door. Rich didn't have an issue unless it coming from the next room.

He chuckled when he seen the car and after when he picked it up to send it flying. The car whizzed through the air and almost seemed to be a homing missile for the offender's face. If only he could have taken a picture as it went barreling into him. That look was mostly somewhere in between "Oh shit" or "Fuck me". Not that mattered from for the pain he mostly felt as it rolled with him down the street.

A few seconds later, Wrecker was standing over the body of....well he didn't know who she was but it was loser in their spat. Better get her out of here and to a hospital. He scooped her up and make a large leap over some some skyscrapers, landing in the alleyway next to the hospital.

| HOME PLANET: | Earth

• Hobbies/Interests:
    • Food
    • Sports (Specifically team sports like football or baseball)
    • Music - Mostly Rock and Alternative
    • Singing
    • Cartoons
    • Relaxing
    • Babies
    • Video Games
    • Polar Bears
    • Lifting Weights
    • Cracking Jokes
    • Bodily Functions
    • Touching, when it doesn't startle him
    • Medieval History

• | [CHARACTER NAME] | [IMPRESSION] | [RELATIONSHIP] | [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |

Last edited:
Little note: the information has to be written outside of the | INFO | lines.

And how are those weaknesses exploitable? They are mostly personality flaws, which isn't the same as a weakness. If I put my Emma up against him for some reason she'd have nothing to be able to exploit other than coming with dog food and a giant to distract him.
Limitation: what can the powers not do / what in himself can cause an issue that limits his control/ability/etc.
Weaknesses: what can outside forces (people, elements, surroundings) do against the character.

Limitations=personal/internal
Weaknesses=external

Thanks! I'll fix the info line stuff.

I do apologize, as I am still working on it. Hopefully, it will be up to your standards when I make more adjustments to it.

Edit: As for your character beating him, she could easily pull something out of the future and pwn his ass with it. Or even use her poison cooking. XD If she is good at Sneaking around, she can easily take him out. It's not like his power is on 24/7. He is still affected by things like magic and gas grenades. I am not sure sure what else you would want the guy standing between you and some Colossus monster to be weak to.

Last edited:
Well it's not so much about my character beating yours, it's more about exploitable weaknesses for other characters to use.

Fair enough, but I am sure I can look at everyone's character and find plenty of exploitable things they can do.

Also, the information itself shouldn't be bolded. Only the titles. It just makes the whole thing look a bit nicer.

I don't know if you edited since Olissa's post, but the weaknesses and limitations are still mixed up, and it's a bit confusing to read, if I'm honest.

Hahaha I have, but I am still working on it. I am also open to suggestions as well. *Is not a jerk, I promise*

Haha, you've seemed pretty open to our comments so far, so that's pretty clear to see xD Also, your image is broken. Just in case you hadn't noticed.

Reactions: Cerulean
I am just happy you guys are willing to help out. xD

But yes, I never really got the hang of the whole image thing when you alignment it. Is there a certain way I have to do it?

Just put your image URL right between the tags. Don't edit anything. For example:

Code:
[IMGA=right]http://33.media.tumblr.com/9857f9f22018ccc3c2184aa2b14eb306/tumblr_n945vjTVgi1tqoa6qo6_500.gif[/IMGA]

OH it has to be a URL. I was just attaching it from my computer. XD thanks!

There is a way you can upload it from your computer, but it's quite awkward to do and make it work with the rest of the code. Using a URL is much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.