Vigilance: Blood And Justice [OOC/Sign-Ups/Chat]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to convince my mom to play some video games. It worked at first try but she didn't play that long. She said it was all confusing.

Other than that, my Christmas was great even when the rest of our family members were overseas.

Yeah, it was good. Minimal disagreements, which is always nice. And I'm definitely enjoying my presents.

Hey everyone! Just getting caught up and settled back into home should have a post for you tomorrow so don't worry I'm still here.

If hub leaves the laptop home tomorrow I'll be able to post :) finally... It's been so long

It was aight.

Everyone enjoy their gifts?

I certainly did, heh.
Oh man, I got Far Cry 4, Halo: MCC, and Omega Sapphire, as well as Batman: Year One and The Walking Dead: Volumes 2 & 3 (I have 1). Plus nearly all my favourite albums on hard copies (I like collecting) AND American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis.

Good haul, mang, good haul.

A new fillet knife and a sixpack of BrewDog Tokyo were my greatest gifts!

Heh, nice! I got a bottle of Captain Morgan, a pair of speakers and shitloads of my favorite sweets. Made me a really happy camper.

I got a decent bit of money, lots of makeup and general beauty products, a pretty damn cool wireless speaker that doesn't even require Bluetooth, some hoodies and t-shirts and an awesome stripy beanie among other things. So you know, everything a teenage girl wants and needs.

It was aight.

Everyone enjoy their gifts?

I certainly did, heh.
Definitely enjoying mine, Lego Batman 3, AC: Rogue, Pokémon Omega Ruby for starters. Guardians on Blu-Ray, and my Dad got me a custom made bobble head that has my face on Superman's body haha.

Though the best present is definitely what my wife got me. She managed to get me a big framed plaque that has six small posters for Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man, Man of Steel, The Incredible Hulk and The Wolverine. In the middle of the frame is that actual plaque which has the names and signatures for RDJ, Christian Bale, Tobey Maguire, Henry Cavill, Edward Norton and Hugh Jackman. All authentic so that was pretty awesome.

That sounds awesome!

Grinds my gears that it wasn't a all-marvel / all-DC themed thing. One should not mix and match. Haha!

That sounds awesome!

Grinds my gears that it wasn't a all-marvel / all-DC themed thing. One should not mix and match. Haha!
Would have been pretty cool if it had been all the Avengers but I can't complain, plus I love the fact it has Cavill and Bale. Now I just need to meet Nathan Fillion and Stephen Amell haha.

Well, shit. That makes things a slight more difficult for Tommy boy to pull off..

Got roughly €500 in cash, around a 100 euro's worth of lingerie, cast iron teapot, a new cocktail dress, a few disney dvd's, silicone rose baking mold, stone oven pan for lasagnas and stuff, some chocolate, oh and a smoke/carbon monoxide detector XD

No love for Grant Gustin? Haha.
We'll see haha. Nothing against him for sure, just hasn't won me over yet like Fillion and Amell.
  • | NAME: | Alex Johnson

| ALIAS(ES): | WereMammoth

| PLACE OF BIRTH: | Tulsa, Oklahoma

| SPECIES: | Hyperhuman

| D.O.B.: | 1996

| AGE: | 18

| SEX: | Male

| SEXUALITY: | Straight

| APPEARANCE: |

Human: A teenager with a stocky overweight build. Nothing special, other than him wearing glasses. About 5'10" and 210 lbs. His preferred attire is plaid polo shirts, jeans, and Tony Hawk brand shoes.

Mammoth: Covered in thick, black hair, and gigantic, at 13 ft. and 12 tons. Head looks like an elephant's head, only with hair, and fingers and toes are short and stubby.

| CLASSIFICATION: | ATLAS

• | ABILITIES: |Alex turns into a WereMammoth, a colossal monster that no one will miss. Has great hearing and smell, and is very strong and tough. His sheer size is terrifying, and will catch people off guard when he transforms. The transformation is fairly quick, about a minute.

| SKILLS: | He is very intelligent, and has a major in computer engineering, so he knows how computers work. He has worked at a farm for awhile, so he has developed a good work ethic, along with a appreciation of nature. Is part of a "secret society" of geeks, nerds, and hackers, and has friends in high places in this group.

| LIMITATIONS: | He is a nerd, and somewhat socially awkward. Some people will think he's odd, and will make fun of him. Doesn't care for the status quo, so he isn't in much touch with it. Tends to over-analyze situations.

| WEAKNESSES: | Severe stress or trauma will cause him to transform against his will. The transformation really hurts, and when he has transformed, instinct usually takes over, and he tends to destroy anything he comes across. Very heavy. Has poor eyesight.

| APPLICATIONS: | Pretty straightforward, he turns into a mammoth and proceeds to tear up everything.

• | WEAPONS: | None.

| TOOLS: | A laptop that doesn't last very long.

| ATTIRE: | Turns into a giant mammoth, so his clothes are completely shredded when he changes back.

• | BACKSTORY: | Coming soon

• | SAMPLE POST: | Coming soon

• | [CHARACTER NAME] | [IMPRESSION] | [RELATIONSHIP] | [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |
Well this isn't quite as detailed as I'd like. First things first though, due to the fact his transformation is his primary and defining ability he wouldn't be classified as an Atlas. He'd be an Orcus type much like Magical Caffeine's Dread, in fact the two characters are very similar since also like Dread, Alex transforms into a 'hideous creature'. His transformation is baffling though, I can pass him transforming into a thirteen foot tall hairy humanoid elephant but where on earth does his weight of 24,000lbs come from. An adult bull elephant is only 15,000lbs, and thirteen feet tall so I don't see how Alex could be 9,000lbs heavier than that. If anything he should be at max equal, but more likely lighter due to the humanoid figure and its proportions.

You say his hearing and sense of smell increase, but to what extent? How great is this hearing and smell, is it equal to that of an elephant? Is it five times greater than a human's? Same goes for strength and durabilty, I need numbers and figures so I know that this character is going to be kept in check. There's a number of other questions I have, but they seem futile in asking without a backstory. If you can fix all of the above, then finish your CS I'll be happy to look at it again. It's hard to truly judge a CS without the full thing filled out due to the backstory especially helping to contribute to the total character idea.

• | NAME: Morgan MacConnel|

| ALIAS(ES): Gadget|

| PLACE OF BIRTH: Keith, Scotland |

| SPECIES: Hyper-Human |

| D.O.B.: 04/18/1997 |

| AGE: 17 |

| SEX: Female |

| SEXUALITY: Bi-Sexual |

| APPEARANCE:
    image.jpg
    |

| CLASSIFICATION: Hyper-Human-Vulcan |

• | ABILITIES: Morgan is able to create objects containing Electricity and pertaining to the more technological ends of science. She must be in contact with an object containing the necessary material for the creation of the object. (EX. The bus she ripped matter out of to create an AED Machine.) The levels of creation depend on the available resources and the technology contained within the host machine that will be assimilated into another. One the task is done she can reconfigure the matter to return to the place where it was taken.

Though powerful she is limited to strictly the higher end technological objects. She is unable to create basic fire arms due to the limited Electrical Chips within their frames. She must be in contact with a host object to be able to reconfigure the matter to fit her needs.

If the machinery or object's host object does not have enough suitable mass she can rip mass and material from nearby objects to feed it to the larger creation until it is completed. This is both a plus and a limitation.|

| SKILLS:
    Mechanical: Due to her past research she seems very capable with anything mechanically related.
    Book-Smart: She seems more intelligent than most people when it comes to Useful scholastic information.
    Lively: She always carries an aura of happiness around her regardless of what is going on around her.|
    Competent: Able to learn things easily making her capable in anything she puts her mind to learning.

| LIMITATIONS:
    Simplicity is not so simple: She has the most trouble figuring out the simple things. It is unknown as to why but it may be traced to a form of Absent mindedness.
    No-Common Sense: She lacks the ability to go about things in a normal manner at times. She may seem like a fish out of water when told of open a can of beans. She has a hard time doing things that others would find simplest.
    Advanced Creation: She is unable to create simple objects or anything without technology based around it. This being so she cannot create a simple piece of metal unless there is an electrical current or some type of modern technology within it. (Ex. She cannot raise a shield unless it is an Electrical Field.)|

| WEAKNESSES:
    Requires suitable matter and electrical impulses in the host object to power the new item.

This being said the more advanced a piece of machinery or an object is the more matter and the more advanced the object has to be in order for her to reconfigure it to fit her needs.

If the machinery or object's host object does not have enough suitable mass she can rip mass and material from nearby objects to feed it to the larger creation until it is completed. This is both a plus and a limitation.

She does not know much about fighting (Yet.)|

| APPLICATIONS:
    Practical Applications-
    Using the computer she has with her to create a Key Card to allow them access into an area.

When under fire grabbing a gun from a person near her then touching a car to use the motors in the wipers and the metal around it to create a turret. (It doesn't have to be a car but something that has the parts or at least the material within it to create the parts needed.)

Using her computer and a nearby syringe to create a Blood Sugar Reader (If anyone makes a Diabetic character or they run into someone who is a Diabetic.)

Changing the particles in her computer to reassemble it into a small drone (Considering its a small tablet it wont be bigger than six inches.)

(The larger the materials given or found by her or even ripped from other areas will allow her to create larger objects.)|

• | WEAPONS: Morgan carries with her a chain of Skeleton Keys for no reason but her own. With the Skeleton Keys she has a large book filled with designs and Schematics she has written or drawn. With that she has a Tablet Computer she carries in a bag around her shoulders. |

| TOOLS:
    She carries a large Swiss Army Knife in her back pocket.|

| ATTIRE: None Yet |

• | BACKSTORY:
    Morgan was born to two Scottish parents in central Scotland. Both her parents were Hyper-Humans meaning that at the time of her reaching puberty she had shown the powers that he parents also shared. Although they differed from her own she knew that she was unique amongst the others in the world. She was raised out in the country but her father was a very avid Engineer that was prominent in their area. Although technology came slow to their area and much was the same as it was for hundreds of years she seemed to find ways to figure out what was going on out in the world.

Whenever a person came into town with something new she would be the first one to go and see it. It wasn't until she was thirteen that she began to unlock her genes. This slow introduction into the modern world began to raise her love for anything that seemed more advanced than the simple things as she called them that her father had around the house. When she turned fourteen she moved to the United States with her father as the company that he worked at promoted him to a new position.

Once in the United States she was introduced into the real world in a trial by fire sense. It was complete culture shock to the young teen. No longer were there large fields and small villages. Now there were urban centers and large sky scrapers. Her love for technology drove her to greater lengths to figure it out and caused her to leave many of the more simple things behind her.

It was with her move to the United States that she was placed within a High School on the outskirts of Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Nearly forty five minutes from the large city. It was here that she began to take a love for anything sports related. Although she found trouble in many of the sports she found a home in Girls Lacrosse. She proved herself very gifted in the sport and rose to the Varsity team by the beginning of her sophomore year. It was also in this time that her social side blossomed compared to the quiet life that she lived only two years before.
    To the surprise of the teachers she excelled in the area of Mathematics and Science compared to English and History. Despite her rustic upbringing the girl had a mind to her. This was no doubt thanks to the father she owed her education to. In school she was described as a lively individual that was at times hard to keep quiet.

Although she never showed her power outside of her own home she held it close to her all through high school. It wasn't until an event that nearly ended her life that others realized that she was one of 'Those.'. It was during a day that seemed as calm as any other. She was riding a school bus to school for the last time when a car slammed into the side of the bus causing it to tip. She climbed out of the bus and rose to her feet to see a man lying near her. The man was ejected from the car and was bleeding heavily. She tried making bandages out of the makes clothes but couldn't get it to work. She then went over to the car and placed a hand on it. When she pulled her hand back a AED machine came into being. All the kids on the bus watched as she tried in vain to revive the man.

It was after that event that her life began a more radical change. People in her school seemed to treat her differently compared to the others. Some seemed afraid of her due to what some were saying about those types of individuals. She didn't mind the snickering at all and just kept a happy face on. Her parents of course knew of what transpired when she was sixteen but never asked her much about it. Many still do not know how much it affects her. |

• | SAMPLE POST:
    The distant noise of a fans electric humming was heard ever so slightly as the students sat within the school class room. Monica sat alone at a table in the back as she slowly paged over the notes she took from the class before. A girl walked up to her and sat in the chair across from her. Monica looked up "Oh, Hello… Uhm… Do you need anything?" She asked the girl already knowing the answer. The Girl nodded "Well, I know you are good at science and I was wondering if I could borrow your notes from the last class." She asked her.

Monica blinked twice at her request "Well, Yeah…" She said before closing the book and placing it back in her backpack. She then unzipped another area of the backpack and removed a large metallic binder. The clasps opened and she lifted the smaller note book out. "Here, the last few days are all in here… It may seem weird but everything the teacher said is in there." She remarked to the girl. The girl looked at it and smiled "Thank you, I will have this back to you by the end of the day." She responded before walking away. Monica watched her before sighing "Well, I hope so." She said before the bell rung signaling them to move to the next class.

She stood and threw her backpack over her should before filing out of the classroom. The halls were packed and she already had eyes on her. She was one of the more 'Hot' girls in the school but most boys seemed afraid of her because she did have a mind and didn't focus on her looks. Although, some boys did talk to her on a more personal level and didn't go at her due to her looks. These boys she tried to hang around more than the girls who seemed to be distancing themselves from her due to the face of the incident earlier that year.

Another girl bumped into her suddenly "Watch where you are going weirdo" the girl said to Monica before turning and running into a tall and stocky boy. The boy laughed "I think you should watch where you are going Katie." He said to the girl. The girl narrowed her eyes before brushing past him. He walked up to Monica and picked up something she dropped "Hey, What's up Monica." He asked her before she walked up next to him. "Well, the usual.. Practice last night was rough... I loved it though." She said with a smile. She loved her sport almost as much as she loved figuring things out. |

| HOME PLANET: |

• | [CHARACTER NAME] | [IMPRESSION] | [RELATIONSHIP] | [BRIEF SUMMARY OF RELATIONSHIP] |

Last edited:
  • | NAME: Morgan MaCconnel|

| ALIAS(ES): Gadget|

| PLACE OF BIRTH: Keith, Scotland |

| SPECIES: Hyper-Human |

| D.O.B.: 04/18/1997 |

| AGE: 17 |

| SEX: Female |

| SEXUALITY: Bi-Sexual |

| APPEARANCE:
    image.jpg
    |

| CLASSIFICATION: Hyper-Human-Vulcan |

• | ABILITIES: Morgan is a creative genius by many means of the word. She is someone who can sit down and explain the way things work without really know why she can do it. She is a great thinker and a philosopher in her own ways. She is a very imaginative person to which she owes many of her own abilities. She can think up things that would boggle people's minds.

Her own abilities center around technology in itself. So far she has limited herself to this area by studying many of the ways to go about figuring out how to do it. Her powers can range from a weapon to a vehicle but it can never be primitive. This limitation seems to be set due to her inability to figure out the simple things no matter how easy it may seem. To those looking it would seem she lacks common Sense. |

| SKILLS:
    Mechanical: Due to her past research she seems very capable with anything mechanically related.
    Book-Smart: She seems more intelligent than most people when it comes to Useful scholastic information.
    Lively: She always carries an aura of happiness around her regardless of what is going on around her.|
    Competent: Able to learn things easily making her capable in anything she puts her mind to learning.

| LIMITATIONS:
    Simplicity is not so simple: She has the most trouble figuring out the simple things. It is unknown as to why but it may be traced to a form of Absent mindedness.
    No-Common Sense: She lacks the ability to go about things in a normal manner at times. She may seem like a fish out of water when told of open a can of beans. She has a hard time doing things that others would find simplest.
    Advanced Creation: She is unable to create simple objects or anything without technology based around it. This being so she cannot create a simple piece of metal unless there is an electrical current or some type of modern technology within it. (Ex. She cannot raise a shield unless it is an Electrical Field.)|

| WEAKNESSES:
    Currently this ability lacks constant protection for the user. She is unable to raise shields of metal or create objects out of matter that are not technological based.

She does not know much about fighting (Yet.)|

| APPLICATIONS: |

• | WEAPONS: Morgan carries with her a chain of Skeleton Keys for no reason but her own. With the Skeleton Keys she has a large book filled with designs and Schematics she has written or drawn. With that she has a Tablet Computer she carries in a bag around her shoulders. |

| TOOLS:
    She carries a large Swiss Army Knife in her back pocket.|

| ATTIRE: None Yet |

• | BACKSTORY:
    Morgan was born to two Scottish parents in central Scotland. Both her parents were Hyper-Humans meaning that at the time of her reaching puberty she had shown the powers that he parents also shared. Although they differed from her own she knew that she was unique amongst the others in the world. She was raised out in the country but her father was a very avid Engineer that was prominent in their area. Although technology came slow to their area and much was the same as it was for hundreds of years she seemed to find ways to figure out what was going on out in the world.

Whenever a person came into town with something new she would be the first one to go and see it. It wasn't until she was thirteen that she began to unlock her genes. This slow introduction into the modern world began to raise her love for anything that seemed more advanced than the simple things as she called them that her father had around the house. When she turned fourteen she moved to the United States with her father as the company that he worked at promoted him to a new position.

Once in the United States she was introduced into the real world in a trial by fire sense. It was complete culture shock to the young teen. No longer were there large fields and small villages. Now there were urban centers and large sky scrapers. Her love for technology drove her to greater lengths to figure it out and caused her to leave many of the more simple things behind her.

It was with her move to the United States that she was placed within a High School on the outskirts of Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Nearly forty five minutes from the large city. It was here that she began to take a love for anything sports related. Although she found trouble in many of the sports she found a home in Girls Lacrosse. She proved herself very gifted in the sport and rose to the Varsity team by the beginning of her sophomore year. It was also in this time that her social side blossomed compared to the quiet life that she lived only two years before.
    To the surprise of the teachers she excelled in the area of Mathematics and Science compared to English and History. Despite her rustic upbringing the girl had a mind to her. This was no doubt thanks to the father she owed her education to. In school she was described as a lively individual that was at times hard to keep quiet.

Although she never showed her power outside of her own home she held it close to her all through high school. It wasn't until an event that nearly ended her life that others realized that she was one of 'Those.'. It was during a day that seemed as calm as any other. She was riding a school bus to school for the last time when a car slammed into the side of the bus causing it to tip. She climbed out of the bus and rose to her feet to see a man lying near her. The man was ejected from the car and was bleeding heavily. She tried making bandages out of the makes clothes but couldn't get it to work. She then went over to the car and placed a hand on it. When she pulled her hand back a AED machine came into being. All the kids on the bus watched as she tried in vain to revive the man.

It was after that event that her life began a more radical change. People in her school seemed to treat her differently compared to the others. Some seemed afraid of her due to what some were saying about those types of individuals. She didn't mind the snickering at all and just kept a happy face on. Her parents of course knew of what transpired when she was sixteen but never asked her much about it. Many still do not know how much it affects her. |

• | SAMPLE POST:
    The distant noise of a fans electric humming was heard ever so slightly as the students sat within the school class room. Monica sat alone at a table in the back as she slowly paged over the notes she took from the class before. A girl walked up to her and sat in the chair across from her. Monica looked up "Oh, Hello… Uhm… Do you need anything?" She asked the girl already knowing the answer. The Girl nodded "Well, I know you are good at science and I was wondering if I could borrow your notes from the last class." She asked her.

Monica blinked twice at her request "Well, Yeah…" She said before closing the book and placing it back in her backpack. She then unzipped another area of the backpack and removed a large metallic binder. The clasps opened and she lifted the smaller note book out. "Here, the last few days are all in here… It may seem weird but everything the teacher said is in there." She remarked to the girl. The girl looked at it and smiled "Thank you, I will have this back to you by the end of the day." She responded before walking away. Monica watched her before sighing "Well, I hope so." She said before the bell rung signaling them to move to the next class.

She stood and threw her backpack over her should before filing out of the classroom. The halls were packed and she already had eyes on her. She was one of the more 'Hot' girls in the school but most boys seemed afraid of her because she did have a mind and didn't focus on her looks. Although, some boys did talk to her on a more personal level and didn't go at her due to her looks. These boys she tried to hang around more than the girls who seemed to be distancing themselves from her due to the face of the incident earlier that year.

Another girl bumped into her suddenly "Watch where you are going weirdo" the girl said to Monica before turning and running into a tall and stocky boy. The boy laughed "I think you should watch where you are going Katie." He said to the girl. The girl narrowed her eyes before brushing past him. He walked up to Monica and picked up something she dropped "Hey, What's up Monica." He asked her before she walked up next to him. "Well, the usual.. Practice last night was rough... I loved it though." She said with a smile. She loved her sport almost as much as she loved figuring things out. |

| HOME PLANET: |

I'm going to be honest, I can't figure out what ability you've given your character. It doesn't seem like a vulcan ability though as she doesn't seem to so much make constructs as she seems to be a technopath which would fall under the Minerva classification due to the mental nature of the powers. So firstly, I'd rework your Prowess section completely, clarifying your ability and clearly defining between it and skills as the two seem to be jumbled up. The abilities section should really be a pseudo-scientific breakdown of what your character can do and how. For example if you could shoot laser beams out of your eyes, I would prefer something like "Dex has a higher than usual bio-electric current which his body can harvest into a pure energy which is then channeled out of his body. This is generally done through his eyes as his cornea act as a focusing lens and are able to properly refract the beam." That sounds much better than "Dex shoots laser beams out of his eyes, to the people around him they look like bursts of pink light exploding from his face."

There's nothing wrong with the backstory, that said it does offer some more insight into what you're thinking for abilities and I have to say I'm wary. I'm definitely going to need to see the ability a lot more fleshed out and limited going forward.

Looking better, I would like to see some applications though. Shouldn't be too hard since you already display one in your backstory. Just list a couple other examples like the AED.

Status
Not open for further replies.