Varius Giovanni x RangerKay

He then saw a grin of her lips and he smiled back at her. She had told him she had some hybrid plants in mind. If she could grow something he had never tasted before he would be very impressed. His father had grow just about everything imaginable. There was a reason that the older man was the Grand Mage of Earth Magic. Then the teenaged girl looked to him and asked about class schedual. If he thought that there was a chance thye would have some classes togeather. He thought about it for a moment before speaking.

"Probably...maybe a few." he said looking to her, a warm charming smile on his lips. "But I am an Enchantment Mage so there will be different specialty classes of course..."

After awhile the water mage pulled away and looked to her, smiling cheerfully.

"It looks much better...how does it feel? Besides the cramping because it will be that for a day or two..."

Once she got her reply she nodded and looked at Lysander.

"She is good to go! Just be careful okay? Don't push it too much..."

Rika nodded. When the nurse addressed her, she looked up and rotated her shoulder. "It feels good, just cramped." She jumped off the bed and smiled. "I wanna get back to my garden." She said as she tugged on Lysander's hand. Remembering her manners, she turned back to the nurse and curtsied, "Thank you."

She already had plans for her garden. As soon as her carrot crop was done growing she would plant something more...perhaps a strawberry mixed with a turnip? She wondered what the flavors would be like.

Lysander watched as the woman moved her shoulder, testing to see if everything was okay. When she jumped to her feet with a smile she told the nurse everything felt good, that she just wanted to get back to her Garden. The girl pulled on his hand, so he let himself be pulled to his feet and towards the door. She then paused for a moment and gave her thanks with a curtsy. He blinked in suprise. The man didn't expect her to have theses kinds of proper manners so common with City girls to other "Proper" folks. But she did and it was a pleasant suprise. Considering her parentage...He followed her back though the halls, to wherever she was going to go.

Rika continued pulling on his hand before realizing what she was doing. She hastily dropped his hand and blushed. "I'm sorry. That was a breach of etiquette." She looked down and kicked some stones. "Uh, you wanna go to the garden with me?" She brushed her hair out of her face and looked at him questionably.

He had wondered just how long he would get to hold her hand. Her skin was soft...warm. But once they made their way out of the school, they stopped and she realized she was still holding his hand. Quickly, she blushed and dropped his hand, saying it was completly against the strict rules of etiquette. Lysander knew it was...but right now he didn't care. The higher class boy knew there was no one else around to see it. No one had to know...right? She then looked down and asked him if he wanted to come back to the garden with her, looking back up at him. He nodded.

"Why not...? I don't have anywhere to go other than to pick up my schdual late tonight..."

"Oh. The AI said they would send them to our room. Or maybe that's just my dorm?" Rika cocked her head at Lysander. "Anyway, we should head to the garden..." She looked down at his hand, contemplating whether to grab it. Then, she remembered that he was of higher class and the rules her mother had drilled into her came back to focus. Her mother had been strict with the rules of etiquette since they often had higher class anti-mage council members. She had been groomed to be the hostess for them.

She told him that her class schedual would be sent to her Dorm room VIA the AI unit attached there. He nodded, thinking it over. That would make sense, since students who were from lower class families lived in the dorms with the occasional high class student who refused the expensive living quarters. Plus they had the AI unit there...they could be sent out in a mass to the different rooms. He then watched her as she cutely cocked her head to the side, looking at him saying they should be on the way to the garden. But he did notice that she was looking at his hands. It looked as if she was contemplating something. He then offered his hand, chuckling softly. Lysander didn't see any harm in it.

"I have to go get mine from the Head Master...I'm taking some specialty classes and have to talk to him about them. Otherwise I would have mine sent in letter form to my building where Beth would have brought it to my suite..."

"Who's Beth?" Rika asked, pushing her hair back and shyly grabbing Lysander's hand. She marched along towards the garden, spying her plot amongst the many. She was suspicious of Beth and wondered if she was his girlfriend, intended, or whatever high class societies called them these days. She wondered if it was even still tradition for them to arrange marriages. If so, she frowned in thought, then he may already be spoken for.

Rika's green eyes were troubled, but upon seeing her lovely garden, all depressing thoughts left her. There was her little patch of freedom, her pride and joy. She would be able to grow things that before she was not allowed to. Joy infused every cell of her being at having this new-found luxury. She sighed in contentment and began to walk with purpose towards her garden...making sure to keep pace with Lysander.

As she pushed her hair back from her face the country girl shyly grabbed his hand. As they started towards the garden she asked who Beth was. There was this strange, suspicious look on her pretty features. And even a disapproving smile. He bit his lip as he hesitated to tell her since he didn't know much about the ghost yet, or if she would even believe that ghosts were more than just a figment of the imagination. As he was about to tell her, they approached the garden and all the trouble slipped out of her stunning earthy green eyes. He could sense her need to get back to her own patch of the garden, so he picked up to a pace where she would be able to keep up. As he did this a sigh of contentment left her lips. It wasn't long until they got there and he returned to the side of the box where he wouldn't be in the way of whatever she was going to do. Lysander crouched and looked down at the dirt.

"Beth..." he said, finally responding. "Beth is like my maid over at my Dorm room. She is a little older than me and is really quite a beauty...long blonde hair, grey eyes. Even has a very sing song, pretty voice. I don't know much about her yet but we are going to talk later tonight...but Rika...do you believe in Ghosts?" he asked looking at her questiongly, exepectantly.

Rika knelt beside her earth, surprised at the little tufts of green she saw attempting to peek out. A full watering can had been left beside her plot, and she smiled in pleasure. She picked it up and began to water her plants, listening intently to Lysander as she did. Her eyebrow rose and her eyes were sad when he mentioned that Beth was quite a beauty. She was happy to hear she was merely a maid, and not his intended.

"Ghosts?" She cocked her head and her brow furrowed at the thought as she finished watering the sprouts. "I suppose they could be possible...there were plenty of stories in my village of them...and one does not question the elders." She said as she looked back over at him. "They are a very superstitious town."

As he talked to her he just watched as she knelt to the earth besides the planting box. Looking closer with her he could see tiny sprouts of green already piercing the earth. That was a fast time for the Seeds to grow...it almost reminded him of how fast his aunt could make anything sprout. His eyes followed her as she picked up the watering can and watered the plants, her listening to what she was saying. At one statement the girl rose to her eye brows and got a sad look in her eyes. But that went away when he told her Beth was his Maid. Then when he asked her about ghosts she cocked her head again in that cute fashion and her brow furrowed in thought. When she said that they could be possible and that there were plenty of stories around. Looking back to him she said her town was very superstitious though. A small teasing smirk fell across his lips as he continued to watch her.

"Would you call me crazy If I told you Beth Is my Ghost Maid? I don't know much about her but I do know she is tied to my building and she died as a servant helping build the School, years and years ago..."

Rika laughed in delight, hugging his neck before jerking away from him, appalled at her own actions. "S-s-sorry." She stuttered, her face turning red. "I was just glad Beth is a Ghost?" She closed her eyes, hanging her head as she realized how stupid that sounded.

Really Rika? How many rules of etiquette did you just break....and you sounded soooo insensitive! Her inner voice screamed at her.

She coughed in the silence. "Uh, just that...uh..." She could not think of any excuse as to her relief that Beth was no competition. Of course a young girl that's been dead for awhile is going to look beautiful! She was dead, she probably had all the time in the world to work on her hair and looks. Rika closed her eyes, mortified at her own train of thought. "Sorry..." she muttered, opening her eyes and glancing at her garden shyly.

All he could do once she laughed and reached over, hugging him around the neck, was just sit there...stunned. He did not except that reaction at all after seeing her manners with the nurse on the third floor medical office. Rika did stutter an apology and he watched as her face went a shade of red he had never seen before. Then came another comment that he did not expect to hear. She told him that she was just glad Beth was a ghost and not a real woman...well at least someone who was dead. A confused look came over his expression, tilting his head a bit. The fire bitten red head hung her head at the comment she had made So she didn't see the confused look. Why would she care at all if she was a ghost or not? If She was a maid, living maid, she would have been off limits anyways. But the woman would not have seen her as what women called "compitition" or "Rival in love" would she? No...she wouldn't. The man shook the thought from his head and snapped back to reality when he heard her cough.

He was expecting to heat her reasoning behind why she seemed so relieved...but the country red head drew a blank. Instead just muttering a "sorry" and looking back to her garden. Lysander forced himself to loosen up and sit back on the earth, just looking at her.

"Y-Yeah sure..." he said. "It's fine...I understand how crazy that sounded but...I do say...I must ask why? Why did you sound so relieved that Beth was only a ghost...were you expecting her to be something more...?"

"Uhhh...." Rika blinked at him, hurriedly looking for an excuse that didn't sound lame.

She looked at the garden and picked up some more seed packets, glancing at them as she searched her brain. "Well, it simply sounded odd that you had a maid." She smiled awkwardly hoping it didn't sound as lame as she thought it did.

Lysander laughed when she said that is sounded odd that he had a maid. Her awkward smile only added to his laugh. His laugh was warm and infectious but not too boisterous. Once he stopped laughing he smiled at her, his eyes flashing brilliantly and playfully.

"I've had maids and Nurses around since I was a really little... It was just something we could afford. Sorry if I sounded like something more. The way I explained her sounded like she was the one I am courting...or like she was my betrothed. Beth isn't anything like that...she is dead after all. But I have courted a woman before...didn't end up anything at all. She was much too uptight for my tastes."

"Oh..." Rika said, blushing as he seemed to read her previous thoughts. She shoved a pack of potato seeds under his nose..."Do you think I should plant these next?" She wondered what his previous courting was like, how pretty she was, and if she was gifted with magic. Relief overtook the alarm she had felt when he first mentioned courting at the fact that the other woman was too uptight.

She frowned, shaking away the thoughts crowding her head. Her parents would never accept a mage...why was she worried? She, herself, was a mage and therefore was technically unaccepted by her parents as well.

He smiled at her when she just said "Oh" and blushed. It seemed like she was so flustered. Lysander didn't know why she would care but is certinly wasn't because she thought it was strange that he had a maid. Maid's were quite known and widely employed by wealthy families. And coming from where she did...she should have known that. But just as he was about to ask her something she shoved potato seeds under his nose and asked him if she should plant these next. After a moment he spoke and nodded, a playful smirk on his lips.

"Sure...? Why not? Can you make somthing yummy with them? Oh and...What about you? Since you seemed to be so intrested in mine. What are your relationships like? Surely a pretty face like you didn't pass the eye of every growing boy in that village..."

Rika smiled. "Yeah, I can make baked potatoes and such..."

She tensed as he asked about her and her relationships. Her eyes, when she looked at him, were cold and emotionless. "There was one, arranged by my parents. He is the son of the other major anti-mage leaders...he came to visit once." She looked at her garden, a frown on her face. "He decided that I was unsuitable, ugly, weird...." Her voice wandered off. "He called me anything you could think of, turns out he was in love with my best friend."

Rika wrinkled her nose. "It was of no consequence to me." She waved a hand dismissively, "I didn't like him at all. He spoke of taking over both branches of the anti-mage council and executing any mage he found." She shivered at the thought.

When he did ask about her love life she frowned...a look was one he didn't think possible for such an up beat earth mage. Not only that but the look in her eyes was a bit frightening, Cold...uncaring. She then proceeded to tell him about the boy her parents set her up with. He was the son of another Major player in the Anti-mage council. The boy in the end had called her ugly and other unsavory things. That he called her crude names but was in love with her best friend. He watched as she wrinkled her nose in seeming distate and waved a hand, dismissing what she had just said. But then proceeded to tell him the boy wanted to take over the entire council and execute mages. A deep frown formed on his lips as he he imagined his family being captured by such a council member and have to watch them be put to death...his entire living family were mages. And if something like that did happen...his family and him would certainly be targeted.

"Let's hope something like that dosn't happen. Sure the Grand Mages Council is a force to be feared but...the Anti-Mage council has been kicking back rather roughly lately...the days before I left to School my father looked exausted..."

A heavey sigh escaped his lips as he looked down to the dirt.

Rika shook her head. "You don't understand...if this boy takes over, then we will die." She blushed deeply and swallowed hard. "Starting with me..." She whispered before turning back to her plants. She rocked back on her heels, happy to see the little green tufts that were peeking out from the earth. It meant that she did have talent as an Earth Mage, and maybe that meant that she could turn the tide...return home and show them that not all mages were evil and needed to be killed.

Why start with just her village? She could change the thinking of everyone. She ran her fingers over the little tufts of green, silently encouraging the little plants in their growth.