Varius Giovanni x RangerKay

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Well...I'm not going anywhere in the mean time. But I am about to fall asleep...so you better get back down to breakfast. Go check in with my aunt would you? She didn't sound very well earlier as I was dying on the ground. And thank Alistair for me please..."

With that she nodded then got up, looking a little disappointed, she left the room, closing the door behind her. The injured man turned his head and looked towards the woman's cot. He spoke as loudly as he could manage...a soft voice slightly stronger than a whisper.

"Rika...I know your here...and I know your still awake..."

Rika popped her head out, looking at Lysander. "Yeah, I'm here..." She had wiped her eyes, trying to hide all traces of her tears as she remembered the promise she had made to his aunt. "Nora is beautiful...and I can see that she loves you..." She mentioned softly, not meeting his gaze. She sat up, pulling the covers with her and she reached out to take a drink of water....washing away the coppery taste she had in her mouth, a side effect of the poison she presumed.

After she had finnished talking, saying that she could tell Nora was falling for him...he couldn't help but laugh. It was a bit harder than he intended and it hurt his sides and chest. Once the laugh was under control he smiled weakly, softly at the young woman.

"Nora and I...wouldn't that be quite a sight. Not only that but she is quite an attractive woman. Any man would love to claim her as his wife. But right now...we are just friends. And I'm sure she thinks of the two of us that way as well...friends. Nothing more. She loves me as a friend..." he said in that typical, oblivious men's voice.

Lysander was intelligent...but when it came to matters of the heart, he was somewhat oblivious.

Rika laughed shaking her head. "Oh, well...you really don't realize..." She got off the cot, bringing her blanket with her as she knelt by his cot. She leaned against it with a smile. "You need some water?" She frowned. "I'm sorry Lysander....I didn't know..." She didn't finish the sentence. If she had known about the poison she would have gone to the nurse. Her mind raced, wondering how Kiren had even been able to get it in her system.

"Your probably right about that one....Ever since I was encouraged to start courting women, I for the life of me could not figure them out..."

As he finnished his statement he saw Rika get up off the Cot, with her blanket, and come over, leaning against own bed. And when she did, he could see her cute smile again. It relaxed him to see that she was okay and that she was just able to smile like that again. After she asked of he wanted any water he nodded and ever so gently, carefuly not strain himself, sat up in the bed. The dark haired boy was propped up against the wall near the edge of the bed closest to the country woman. Looking back over he saw a frown on her lips, her apologizing again for not knowing about the poison...in a way it almost seemed like an apology for his condition. Gently shaking his head he reached out a shaking hand and gently touched her cheek. It sent chills through his body to even lightly touch her skin like he did. After a moment his hand fell to the bed again.

"You had no way of knowing he would poison you Like he did...I promised I would protect you, didn't I? It's my own fault for being like this...though if I may say so, your smile is much more beautiful then that frown..." he said.

Rika's eyes widened and she blushed furiously, smiling at his compliments. Getting up, she got him a glass of water before walking back to him and handing it to him. "Well...thank you..." She pushed her hair behind her ear, sitting down and nestling back under the covers. She reached out as if to rest her fingers on his hand, but thinking better of it, she pulled back.

Lysander couldn't take his eyes off the red headed country girl. It wasn't into the school year as of yet, but he was already coming to love this woman's smile. And when she blushed? Rika looked very cute...and pretty. Just being around her was amazing...it made him feel a bit better to not just be moping around and feeling sorry for himself. Closing his eyes for a moment, he let out a breathe he didn't know was trapped in his lungs. Once he opened up his eyes, Rika was holding a glass of water for him. With his unsteady hands he took and and took a drink of water. It burned a bit, going down his parched, throat. Sore from gasping despretly for breath earlier. After pushing hair behind her ear, she cuddled back into her comforter. All of a sudden it was as if the man felt gentle fingers across his own...but glancing down he Saw Rika pull her hand away. As she did this, he reached forwards and weakly grasped her hand in his, scooting a bit closer to her.

"It's okay Rika...It isn't like I am porcelain, easy to break...or the Forbidden fruit...I'm just human...like you...so it is okay if you want to touch my hand...hold it..." he said, laying his head against the wall again, just looking down at him. Once and while he would close them, dozing off for a few moments before forcing himself awake again.

Rika nodded, blushing and grabbing his hand. She smiled as he began to doze off and she gently pried the water glass from his fingers. She set it down beside herself, bringing the comforter up around her neck before resting her chin on the cot. She continued to hold his hand. "To me...you're forbidden..." She sighed, muttering it under her breath.

When she was around Lysander, it was as if she could see clearly for the first time. Her name on his tongue made her seem like someone special. She closed her eyes, leaning her still somewhat fevered cheek against his hand. Her breathing began to come out evenly and in the distance, it seemed like there was a slowly pulsing green haze that beat in time with her heart.

The dark haired teenager was barely aware of her fingers, prying away the water glass from his hand. In his hazy recollection of events he hardly recalled asking for a glass of water. But his body was exausted from the strain of using so much magic all at once...so it didn't bother him too much that not everything was crystal clear to him. But what he was actively aware of was her touch. It was so gentle and warm, reassuring. Then she said something softly, but it was too soft and he couldn't quite make out what he had heard. It obviously wasn't meant for his ears, but to herself alone. This made him feel a bit anxious, like he was now suddenly target. But then again came her touch, a bit warmer than usual. Despite how drained he was...this brought a soft smile to his lips. He tried to squeeze her hand a bit tighter, to make sure she wouldn't leave his side but couldn't squeeze much more at the time being. Keeping his eyes closed he whispered to her.

"So glad your here Rika...don't leave me when I'm sleeping...please...It gets lonely to deal with this on my own...plus...your so warm...so W-Warm..." he said finally falling asleep as he spoke.

Rika nodded at his words, only catching a few. She was entranced by the green haze that beat in time to her heart. She realized it must be her own magic. She yawned, her eyes drifting shut again as she fell asleep. She kept his hand in hers and under her cheek, relishing the cool calm he represented. It was as if her own mind could slow down and stop it's over-thinking. It was as if her parentage didn't matter...she was just Rika. A normal Earth mage. She quickly fell asleep, the last thought chasing her.

It wasn't until hours later that the enchantment mage began to come to. The sun was still shining and he realized it must still be daytime. Lysander moved his free hand and covered a yawn, turning on his side. He could see that she was still asleep...and without even looking could still feel their hands tied togeather. The teenager took his free hand he had used to cover his yawn and reach forwards. Carefully he tucked stay strands of her hair behind her ear so he could see her face better. Then without becoming aware of it...he smiled happily while examing her features. His heart also spluttered and missed a beat. But he excused it away, not giving credit to feelings he might be starting to develop for the woman. Instead just dismissing it as his own irregular heart rate.

Rika's eyes opened as the sunlight hit them, not realizing that she had fallen asleep curled up by the other cot. She blinked a few times, letting her eyes adjust. She was confused as to what was happening, vaguely aware of what was going on.

Lysander watched as the sun finally hit her face, the woman opening her pretty eyes. After she blinked a few times he gently squeezed her hand, smiling. As soon looked a bit confused he chuckled softly, still feeling weak.

"Good Afternoon Sleeping Beauty...you have a good nap?"

Rika jerked up as she heard Lysander's voice, looking over at him and blushing. "Y-yes...I think..." She glanced down at his hand and smiled slightly. "Did you sleep well?" She looked away. "I was worried..."

The man smiled wider as Rika blushed...taking in the sight. She had a lovely smile, even more so than Nora's in his opinion. But upon him asking if she slept well she said yes and looked down at their hands, smiling a bit. Looking away Rika asked if he slept well and that she was worried. Her last few words caused a lump to form in his throat. After clearing his sore throat he nodded.

"Y-Yeah...for the most part. I am still not up to going down stairs, don't think I could stand right now..."

Using his free hand he tried to sit up strait by himself. He barely managed to do it but couldn't hold it very long and fell back into his spot against the head board, frowning a bit as he did.

"I just hope I'm not here for a long time, staying in one place too long makes me stirr crazy..." he said with a sigh as he stoumuch growled softly.

Rika nodded. "I'm sorry." She apologized again. She watched with worry as he tried to sit up, standing up with the comforter wrapped around her. She walked over to the cot she had been using, throwing the blanket onto the cot. She rubbed her neck with her hands for a moment, it being sore from her sleeping position. Then, she bent over and picked up the pillows from her cot, bringing them over for Lysander. "Let's get you propped up..." She blushed as her stomach growled. "Then, maybe I'll run down and get you some food..." Rika reached over, putting her arm behind his shoulders to prop him up. She took a pillow from the two she had brought and put it behind him. "Better?"

From his throughly uncomfortable spot, leaned against the head board, he watched her as she got up from her spot. Letting go of his hand, Rika went over to her own Cot and took both off her pillows off her bed. She spoke, saying that she was going to help him prop himself up on the bed. Then her stoumuch growled, much like his had. A grin cracked at the edges of his lips, not at all attempting to hide it. After that the country girl offered to grab him something to eat. She then came back over and reached over, he moved away as much as he could with her help, her placing her arms on his shoulders. Placing the pillow behind him she asked if that was better. He rested back on the pillow, letting out a relieved sigh. The dark haied mage looked her in the eyes and smiled at her. Only for her.

"Of course...thank you." he saw the blush on her face, and remembered when her stoumuch growled. "And some food would be fantastic....but you have to eat to. That bite of pear earlier dosn't count as breakfast."

Rika watched his smile and she smiled in return. "I'm glad that's better. I'll be back after I grab some food, what do you want to eat?" She asked, sitting on the edge of his cot, waiting eagerly for a reply.

"Anything not full of grease...something sweet too. They should be serving lunch about now so getting the food shouldn't be too much of a problem..." he said, closing his eyes again. "I'm patient so you don't need to hurry. Just take your time...I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon."

As things fell silent he could feel his heart rate speed up a bit but as he manually controlled his breathing, it went back down. This bed rest would be a long adventure...an annoying one too. He wouldn't be in class on Monday...Tuseday earliest. Biting his lip he dozed off again, just briefly and into a light sleep.

Rika nodded, sighing as she pondered over the fact he would not be attending classes. Unless the nurse's checked her out to go to class, she would not be joining either. She stood and began to walk out the door and down the stairs. She avoided the gazes of the other students. A few of the girls were talking about how she had caused a boy to fall ill...she wasn't surprised that news had spread that quickly. She walked up to the table that was buffet-like and chose some fruit for herself.

As a country girl, it was hard to look at the fancy food as anything remotely close to being food. Taking a tray she set her plate of fruit on it before grabbing another plate. She stared at the options available, knowing Lysander would need protein. She found some large slices of cinnamon encrusted ham and placed those on the plate. She spotted some pudding down the table and smiled, grabbing a small bowl of that as well. Picking up the tray she turned around prepared to head towards the stairs when she spotted a girl standing behind her, hands on hips. "Hey, country scum...I heard you put someone in the hospital with your carelessness...also, that you were the cause for the security breach." The other girl smirked.

"Uh, well, no...not exactly?" Rika turned to walk away, avoiding the girl.

"Maybe someone should put you in the hospital!"

Rika blushed furiously, taking the tray and running up the stairs, tears filling her eyes. She entered the nurse's office.