-

Title/Archetype/formal title/self-appointed title/what you call them:
Professor Ze'Vien | Mister Ze'Vien | Mister Ulyxes | Zeven

Birthday:
November 22nd

Species:
Shadow Person {Custom Species, see below for full description}

What is a shadow person?
A shadow person is a sentient, humanoid being who attains the ability to switch between two definite forms, each holding a special component to their survival on Earth. Highly adaptive and physically superior to humans, shadow people are a feared race within the supernatural community, and are often avoided by other supernatural or fantasy beings in any situation. Humans tend to be more oblivious to shadow people and the idea that they are their own race; in the mortal world, they are regarded as paranormal phenomenons rather than living beings. Some shadow people believe that this is offensive to their species as a whole, while others consider it a blessing that they have attained such a reputation and 'cover' of sorts among humanity.

- - -

Origin
Shadow people are mysterious and extremely shady about their species' ultimate history, and where they first came into existence. Any recorded history about them is scattered, inconsistent, and extremely indefinite, since sources are rare to acquire about these creatures' genetic origins. It is rumored that shadow people were first spawned from the goddess Nyx, used mainly as servants, until one particularly aware and intelligent shadow person escaped from servitude to the mortal world and mated with a human, therefore beginning the hybrid race of shadow people. Adaptation occurred over a long period of time, and even now, shadow people are incredibly rare to come across - their weaknesses have somewhat stunted their ability to expand their species over the world. Shadow people are very scattered throughout the world, with only a couple hundred alive today, all spread into certain areas to match with their personal preferences and biological requirements.

- - -

Forms
Shadow people have a mixture of human genes and pure shadow genes in their bodies, making them a hybrid race. Because of having half human blood and chromosomes, they have attained the incredible ability to shift between a human form and a shadow form. Their shadow genes have applied a few distinguishing physical differences to pure humans, but they are otherwise fairly normal appearing.

Human Form
-Complexions are recorded to always be from fair to ghostly pale.
-Irises of eyes are luminescent.
-Have never been seen without wearing a gas mask of some kind.
-Generally taller and leaner than the average human.

Shadow Form
-Comes in different substances, ranging from mist/steam like consistencies to gelatinous consistencies.
-Always colored an unnaturally dark shade of pure, complete black.
-Acquires a unique ability determined by past genetics.

- - -

Strengths/Weaknesses

-

Strengths
-Attain inhuman physical strength that far exceeds any human standards. [Human Form/Shadow Form]
-Attain healing capabilities, with the exception of lost limbs, substances injected into the bloodstream, or any damage attained from fire. [Human Form]
-Never-aging; they quit the aging process between 20-30 years old. [Human Form]
-Attain technical immunity to most attacks in shadow form, excepting damage from fire or their major weakness to light. [Shadow Form]

Weaknesses
-Complete inability to inhale oxygen for prolonged period of time; oxygen is considered poisonous to shadow people. To fix this, magically modified gas masks have been given to shadow people at birth, which, instead of intaking tainted oxygen to turn it into clean oxygen, intakes any oxygen and severely taints it into a gaseous substance so poisonous to humanity, one breath could kill you. But, for shadow people, this substance is what their lungs naturally are able to process, and it's just like oxygen to humans - it's the air they breath.
-Fatal weakness to bright/scalding light; a bad sunburn is usually the worst that can come of bright light while in human form. But, in shadow form, bright light can lead to a fatal reaction {resulting in burning the shadow person until they've shriveled, weakened, and eventually die}. This is one of the reasons that a shadow persons' shadow form is essential to their survival on Earth.
-Fire; any damage retained from fire is permanent and unable to be healed without the normal human procedures.

Nationality:
Appears of European/Irish descent

Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual

Religion:
-

Multi-Languages Teacher at Van McCoy's School For Perplexing Minds and Peculiar Bedfellows

~ o ~

Face Claim:
large.jpg

The_Shadow_by_moth_eatn.jpg

~ o ~

Family:
-

Significant Other(s):
None, currently.

Closest Friends:
No friend of Ulyxes can be his closest. All of them are quite close to his heart.

Enemies:
None.

~ o ~

Physical Traits

Eye Color(s):
Emerald green; luminescent in low light.

Hair Color(s):
Inky black.

Height:
6'01"

Weight:
185 lbs.

Body Build:
Lean; lightly muscled; slender.

Notable Physical Traits:
Glowing eyes; gas mask; ghostly pale skin.

~ o ~

Personality

Usual Mood/Expression:
Tranquil; expressions are usually hidden underneath his gas mask.

Quirks:
Easily engrossed into even the most menial topics. Seems to be very socially practiced. Extremely hard to anger or piss off.

Biography:
{TBA}

Five Prominent Traits:
Unperturbed, Curious, Intelligent, Polite, Intimidating {in his own ways, not in a particularly aggressive manner}.

~ o ~

Miscellaneous

Skills:
-Fluent in nearly any language you could think of, including languages that are exclusive to the supernatural/fantasy world.
-Extremely adaptable to a number of different social situations.
-Ability to switch between a shadow form and a human form.
-Highly enhanced physical strength.
-Healing capabilities.
-Shadow forms' ability to switch between three-dimensional and two-dimensional tangibility.

Class:
{Multiple} Languages Class

Hobbies:
-Practicing the viola or the piano.
-Seeking out literature he hasn't read yet and reading it {can be in multiple languages}.
-Finding alone time and enjoying quiet moments.
-Going outside during the night time.

Element:
Darkness/Water

Animal:
Black Panther

Plant:
-

~ o ~

Stats
Compassion: 7/10
Empathy: 8/10
Creativity: 7/10
Mental Flexibility: 9/10
Passion/Motivation: 9/10
Education: 10/10
Stamina: 7/10
Physical Strength: 10/10
Battle Skill: 6/10
Initiative: 8/10
Restraint: 9/10
Agility: 8/10
Strategy: 6/10
Teamwork: 5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
*cricket noises*

Quite right, what's going on with this?

IKR! @Requiem , your post scared me though!

I would ask Dip

Scared you? O.o

for some reason... I thought YOU were a co-gm!!!

Probably because I end up Co-GM in a lot of roleplays, but beyond that I dunno. I don't have the focus to host on my own unfortunately, I end up losing track of what's going on

I see...
On a brighter note, I like all of these characters!!! I hope this starts soon!!!

Tweet TWEET!

Sure!! So far, I'm waiting for some more people to actually take interest, so the rp doesn't end prematurely. I can't wait to see the profile.

And sorry guys! I've had study overload. I'll be sure to get more involved as of today!!

YAY!! @Dip YOUR FINALLY ALI E!!!!!

I was starting to wonder

annd... it's gone again :(

*Starts Casually Setting Things On Fire*

IKR @Dip where are you?!?!?!?

Sure!! So far, I'm waiting for some more people to actually take interest, so the rp doesn't end prematurely. I can't wait to see the profile.

And sorry guys! I've had study overload. I'll be sure to get more involved as of today!!

8f8074045490030a08283414836f0e10.jpg

COMMUNIST LIES!!!!
(I am sure Dip is a very amazing guy an all, and he is a hard worker and has huge tests or big jobs to do, but I did mine and have the patience and temper of a teapot.)

GUESS WHO'S BACK?
IT'S DIPPY, BITCH.

@04LIDOB, @freyy, @Requiem, @Noceur, @Lorchenne, @SilverKiramoto, @Off I have the pleasure to tell you all that my school year is almost over, and that my (relatively short) summer break is beginning. With a choice few people not being able to play anymore, I'll buy the thread back on with a banner from a million years ago. I apologize for all the delays! Thank you all for holding on.

There really isn't any big announcements as of yet. We won't be starting as soon as I'd like-- give it a few more people and we'll have ourselves a roleplay, folks! If we don't get any more teachers, I'll throw in Van McCoy as the English teacher, seeing as that Temper Tantrum won't be with us. But, in the mean time, tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell your dog! Get this around!!!

Thank you all. / v \

*Sips Tea Quietly*

GUESS WHO'S BACK?
IT'S DIPPY, BITCH.

@04LIDOB, @freyy, @Requiem, @Noceur, @Lorchenne, @SilverKiramoto, @Off I have the pleasure to tell you all that my school year is almost over, and that my (relatively short) summer break is beginning. With a choice few people not being able to play anymore, I'll buy the thread back on with a banner from a million years ago. I apologize for all the delays! Thank you all for holding on.

There really isn't any big announcements as of yet. We won't be starting as soon as I'd like-- give it a few more people and we'll have ourselves a roleplay, folks! If we don't get any more teachers, I'll throw in Van McCoy as the English teacher, seeing as that Temper Tantrum won't be with us. But, in the mean time, tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell your dog! Get this around!!!

Thank you all. / v \
It's PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!
Communist party time, that is :)
CommunistParty.png

Status
Not open for further replies.