Van McCoy's School For Perplexing Minds and Peculiar Bedfellows {OOC & SIGNUP}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I said i was doing Mainly Biotechnology...strange...

I guess i didn't...
strange...

I don't know what you're gonna do about that mate, but I decided to be a theater teacher xD

*Thump
has the IC started yet?

Nickname(s): Beta
Title/Archetype/formal title/self-appointed title/what you call them: Subject 2415 on occasion
Birthday: December 8th
Species: Fully Automated, Adaptable, Humanoid Artificial Intelligence
Nationality: Germany, Japan, UK, US
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Religion: "Religion is a set of variously organized beliefs about the relationship between natural and supernatural aspects of reality, and the role of humans in this relationship. While religion is difficult to define..."
Face Claim:
A14_Odelia.jpg

Relationships
Family: A group of scientists
Significant Other(s): N/A(yet)
Closest Friends:
Enemies:
Personality
Usual Mood/Expression: Contemplative
Quirks: When searching her data banks one can hear her emitting beeps
Biography:
Beta was built by a team of the best engineers, machinists, and even a few biologists. She was to be a robot that grew up. Lived its life almost as a human. It would go through life like an infant, and actually grow. However the plug was pulled when they were nearly completed. She was left in a lab, sleeping, and inactive for several years. It was strange. There was no source of electricity in the room. In fact, she should have never awakened, but she did. Now she was alone in this world. Her programming taught her to adapt to new situations as they arose. Soon after she enrolled herself in Van McCoy. Despite the obvious success of their experiment thus far, the scientist never really succeeded in one thing. How to make a robot feel things like a human.
Five Prominent Traits: Focused, Socially Awkward, Analytically, Intelligent, Unapproachable
Misc (Applies to if they have special abilities)
Skills:
Hobbies: Observing the world around
Element:
Animal:
Plant:
Anything else you want to add:
When Beta is unable to find an answer to a question, she begins to become flustered, and looks harder. These generally come up when one discuss feelings and emotions with her. Though she is programmed to adapt to any situation, emotions are still difficult.
Stats
Compassion:
1/10
Empathy: 2/10
Creativity: 2/10
Mental Flexibility: 2/10
Passion/Motivation: 5/10
Education: 10/10
Stamina: 10/10
Physical Strength: 7/10
Battle Skill: 5/10
Initiative: 5/10
Restraint: 4/10
Agility: 5/10
Strategy: 10/10
Teamwork: 5/10

If that doesn't work its fine i have a few other ideas.

soo, @Dip , are you back again? Idk -_- Is this thing dead?

ill be gone for a week due to camping.

Are sign-ups for this still open? If they are, consider this my reserving a space.

Well, I'm at the distinct impression the Dip's moved on in this. @Dip should we give up waiting?

I have lost the earth!
And the flowers of the earth!
And the live souls above the earth,
and you who passed across the light
and reached
ruthless!
You! You, who have your own light,
who are to yourself a presence,
who need no presence.
Yet for all your arrogance
and your glance,

Perplexingjpg_zps7a8de091.jpg

I tell you this!
Such loss, is no loss.
Such terror, such coils and strands and pitfalls
of blackness, and of
such terror
is no loss.
Hell is no worse than your earth!
Above the earth,
hell is no worse!
No, nor your flowers
nor your veins of light
nor your presence,
a loss!
A Very Odd Meeting
"Oh! Well hello there, my dear friend! I see you have stumbled yourself here, mighty well, then! My name is Mr. McCoy- or, Van, as you would like. Oh, please, don't look so tense! I know exactly why you stumbled here. Are you, by any chance, feeling different from others? Are humans, by any chance, making you feel like freaks or a monsters?"
"Well, that's because you are one! Your slimy physique, abnormal features, and unsurpassable weirdness is what drove you here, my good fellow! I can tell that you have been hurting, and so have I! Seeing my perplexing partners being discriminated against day in and day out, it brings me to tears."
"But! That is precisely why this school exists! We have only one strict rule that we live by! Our rule? Absolutely positively NO humans!"
"We live by this. Our security guards can assure our staff and students that anything with two legs, judging eyes, and a taste for bad sitcoms are NOT allowed by our gates! We have only one simple solution if we catch any human passing into the school!-- We kill them. *Cough* Er, uh, oh! Right, right... Welcome, my new family, to Van McCoy's School for Perplexing Minds and Peculiar Bedfellows!"
"We have everything a growing student, from the ages of 3 to 30 need! We offer K-through-12 classes, college classes, and more! Come!
A Very Odd Meeting
It is easy and simple to sign up, what are you waiting for? Now that we have the 'welcome-to-school-my-name-is-professor-mccoy' talk out of the way, I'll be taking my leave now to... dispose of some unwanted guests. Happy Studying!"

Welcome to the thread! Ah, I apologize in advanced, I never actually organized a roleplay like this one before! If you have seen me, you've noticed that I ususally stick to the OneXOne roleplays. I'm here to spread my wings! This is a group roleplay, that I'm allowing some people to join in! I just hope that this will go swimmingly.

RULES:​
  1. Long replies and grammar are a MUST! Minimum of two adult structured paragraphs per reply. Meaning, five or more sentences. I cannot stress my peeve about short replies.
  2. If you are joining, you must be detected! Get involved, talk to others, have conversations! I'm challenging all of you to step out of your shell- Lord know's I am...
  3. We ALL know that some characters can't get along with others. If there is fighting, atleast give eachother a chance. Both of you can get a black eye and lose a tooth, but if someone is god-modding, I'll ask kindly to take it down and get their hands dirty.
  4. WE ALL KNOW that SOME characters get along TOO well with others. If things get steamy, move it or lose it. If anything, cut to black. If not, simply move to your respected Mature forums.
  5. Have fun! This is what this role play is all about!!!
I will be limiting the group to about, lets say, 5~10+ people. Out of those, there will be some people who play the teachers and the students. A challenge for those who want to play the teacher-- try having your character co-respond with the selected class! The list of classes will be placed HERE:
Language Teacher:
English:
Science:
History:
Art:
Music:
Gym:

If there is a class you wanted to teach, or that I missed, please tell me in your character bio under here! Don't be afraid to snazz it up a little, but I trust you all know when too little is too much.

Full Name:
Nickname(s):
Title/Archetype/formal title/self-appointed title/what you call them:
Species:
Nationality:
Religion:
Face Claim: (Please, no pictures of real
people. Let them be actors, or someone's random selfie-- I can only do with Anime pictures or drawings.)

Relationships
Family: Can be birth family, adopted, team, makeshift, etc
Significant Other(s): Can be romantic, sexual, queerplatonic, etc
Closest Friends:
Enemies:
Physical Traits (Applies to those without reference photos)
Eye Color(s):
Hair Color(s):
Height:
Weight:
Body Build:
Notable Physical Traits: Can be a mole, freckles, short fingers, etc
Personality
Usual Mood/Expression:
Quirks:
Biography:
Five Prominent Traits:
Misc (Applies to if they have special abilities)
Skills:
Class they're teaching (If they have one):
Hobbies:
Element:
Animal:
Plant:
Anything else you want to add: (Like “This only applies to when Character A is angry”)
Stats (1 being the lowest, 10 the highest)
Compassion: 0/10
Empathy: 0/10
Creativity: 0/10
Mental Flexibility: 0/10
Passion/Motivation: 0/10
Education: 0/10
Stamina: 0/10
Physical Strength: 0/10
Battle Skill: 0/10
Initiative: 0/10
Restraint: 0/10
Agility: 0/10
Strategy: 0/10
Teamwork: 0/10

I also would like to apologize for the terrible coding done by yours truly. If anyone has any questions, please, message me!

Happy Roleplaying!!!

May I apply for the English Teacher role?

Can I do a student role :0

Status
Not open for further replies.