Vampire bonding

"Bye." She said, and shut the door behind him and headed upstairs. She showered, washing away the dried blood from her wrist and changed into her pajamas and crawled into bed, sleeping most of the day Saturday.

Sighing, he realized he hadn't anything else to do. Bored now, he took to sitting on the front step of Lena's house, knowing it was probably creepy, but not knowing what else to do. As the first hints of dawn were apparent, he left returning to his mausoleum in the cemetery, shoving a wedge through the door and wall to prevent any entrance, in case the same thing from yesterday happened.

Eagerly, he tried to sleep, but found he couldn't, too excited to go to Lena's once night fell. He did get a few hours' sleep, but woke up not feeling well-rested. Now night, he got up, straitening his clothes. He didn't know why he was making such a fuss over it, perhaps because no one had ever asked him to do anything casual with them, but he still persisted, even running a hand through his hair to get out a few of the tangles.

She had woken up rather late and had just gotten dressed after her shower, deciding that she would take Will out dancing. She had thought about inviting Linda, one of her friends at work, but she didn't want Linda asking questions about Will that she wouldn't want to answer. Besides, she also figured Will wouldn't really want to deal with another person anyway. Which was fine for her. She dressed nicely, but not fancy, and went downstairs to wait for Will, watching TV.

Stopping at a nearby park, not the one that he frequented most nights, but a different one, closer to the center of town, he checked himself in the mirror, splashing water on his face before leaving, and heading for Lena's house. Once there, he knocked on the door, seeing through the front door that she was sitting on the couch, the blue light illuminating her face telling him that she must be watching television.

She heard the knock and turned off the TV, already knowing who it was without opening it. She opened the door and smiled. "Hi. If you need to come to feed first, please come in." She said, stepping out of the doorway, and blinked in surprise at her casual use of the sentance.

He smiled warmly at her greeting, telling himself that he would only take a little so she wouldn't be too weak to enjoy the night. He lightly stepped into the house, amazed at his casually actions.

She closed the door behind him and took her usual seat on the couch. "So. Can you dance?" She asked him as she moved her hair to one side of her neck. She looked at him with amusement.

Sitting down next to her, he said, "Not very well, not by modern standards, although when I was young I was proficient in ballroom dancing." He gazes into space, a light smile on his face, remembering past loves, now long dead.

"I'll teach you. It isn't too hard. We'll just be doing club dancing." She gave him a smile. "Bascially you just sway your hips and move to the music." She explained.

He snapped out of his memories, coming back to the present at the sound of her voice. Nodding, he responded, "I think I will have a hard time learning it. I am used to much different."

"It's not hard." She assured him, smiling. She grew silent for a few moments and then sighed. "I suppose you should feed and then I'll drive us over to the club." She suggested.

"I suppose we shall." Will agreed, grimacing. Gently leaning over, he exposed his fangs, his eyes flooding red.

She straightened in surprise, though she held still for him to feed. No matter how many times she told herself she was dreaming and would wake up safe in her bed, she just knew it was real and she was willingly feeding a vampire her blood because he couldn't feed off of anyone but her. She closed her eyes, waiting.

He could hear her pounding heart as he closed his eyes, whispering his customary, "Forgive me," before sinking his fangs into her throat. He did not take much, just enough to get him through the next twenty-four hours, but he still felt sympathetic to what she must be going through.

She winced as he punctured her skin with his fangs. Even though this routine was twice daily and had been going for maybe a week, she still just couldn't get used to it no matter how hard she tried. She tensed, as she usually did, feeling the blood run down her neck. It still was just all so strange, and even if she wanted to, it wasn't like she could talk to anyone about it. She'd just end up in a nut house.

As he pulled away, he wiped his lips of any stray blood, hoping none had dripped onto her couch as it had previously. He steadied her. "Are you alright? Did I take too much?"

She took a moment to answer him and opened her eyes and reached for a glass of ice water that she had prepared herself with. "I'll...be alright I think." She gave him a reasurring smile. Or at least tried to, and took a long drink of water. Having something to drink afterwards seemed to help lessen the dizzyness and lightheaded feeling. She sighed in relief as the cold water went down her throat.

Will nodded, sitting back, and returning her smile. "Good," he said, not sure what else to say.

She nodded and finished her water before setting the glass down. "I'll just clean off this blood and be ready to go?" She said, standing up and swaying a little. She placed a hand out on the wall to steady herself.

He stood up with her, seeing her sway. Without thinking, he gently placed his hands upon her elbows, trying to steady her. "Easy, don't push yourself too much."