Vampire bonding

She thought about it. "Are you free tomorrow?" She wondered, returning the smile. "Tomorrow is Saturday so I won't have to worry about going to bed early." She glanced at the living room clock out of habit. She suddenly felt thirsty so she excused herself for a moment and disappeared in the kitchen. She came back to the living room with a tall glass of Orange soda and sat back down next to Will and set it down on the glass coffee table in front of the couch.

"Yes, I am available tomorrow night." He smiled, watching as she left for the kitchen. All the way back in the living room, he could smell the high fructose corn syrup flavored to taste vaguely like oranges, filled with sugar, and carbonated. His nose twitches irritably, but he shakes away the annoying smell. Being a vampire, he could smell things humans couldn't, but didn't say anything to Lena, knowing it would probably put her off drinking it for a few days, at least. He smiles innocently at her forcing himself to not look conspicuously at the beverage.

"Sounds good." She said, still smiling. "Shall we leave tomorrow after...well...you know." She sighed and her smile faded a little. She laid back on the arm rest of the couch, a black silky pillow propping her up. "I'm sorry, I just don't know if I'll ever get used to this." She explained.

"Anyone else would surely feel the same." Will smiled warmly. He opened his mouth as if about to say something, but stopped himself, before finally decided to say it. "Shall we begin? I would hate to have you late for your duties."

She sat up. "I suppose so." She agreed, though this time she offered him her wrist, her heart pounding with antipation.

He gently took ahold of her wrist, and fangs already growing, he bit her wrist as painlessly as possible. Her pounding heart pumped blood into his mouth with each beat. He only took enough blood for three swallowfuls, but knew it was a lot, hoping she would still be able to preform functionally.

She took a sharp intake of breath when he bit her wrist. She had forgotten he had said the wrist was more painfully and bloody then then neck was. The muscles involentarily tensed, which only made her wrist bleed more. She closed her eyes when he fed, always having been kind of squeamish about blood and once more felt light headed and dizzy from blood loss. Blood dripped down her arm and onto his pants. She opened her eyes after a bit. "I'm sorry. I had forgotten you said the wrist was...er...more bloody." She explained.

He nodded in understanding. "It is okay," he said before wiping away the blood from his lips. "I suppose there is nothing to do about the couch, though," he said, referring to some spare blood that had spilled onto the surface of the cushions. "Forgive me." He said, "Forget about my pants. I'm due for a visit to the, ah," his voice lowered a little, "homeless shelter..." Then, his voice went back to normal, and he said, "Some paint thinner might get out the blood from your couch."

She nodded. Thankfully she would have the weekend to recuperate. "Could you...heal those please? Else I fear bleeding all over the house." She closed her eyes for a few moments. "Oh, right, I give you permission." She mumbled, and opened her eyes again.

He nodded deeply leaning forward to place his lips once more on the still-bleeding wound. And, just like that, he could feel the wound close, and the blood stop flowing. "There." He said, leaning back once more. "All better."

She gave him a smile. "Thanks." She said, and reached over for her soda and took a long drink.

Again, Will could smell the ingredients of the drink, and his nose twitched again. "It's fine." He said, trying to divert his attention elsewhere.

(OOC: I was thinking that maybe Will could offer Lena some of his blood if she so wanted to become his blood slave at some point in the story?)

She drank for a moment before setting it down, the glass now half empty. Having something to drink after words seemed to lessen the dissiness and lightheaded feeling after he fed. She would have to remember that. "Why can you only feed from me?" She wondered suddenly.

Will immediately replied, "None of us really know. Some think it is a curse, while the more...modern of us believe it to be some sort of hereditary disformation, caused from feeding from too many humans. In essence, an..." he pauses, again, not wanting to use such language in front of a woman, "STD," he said finally, gauging her reaction. "Although, it isn't transmitted like that, though we suppose it could be. It's transmitted through blood, we think."

((Yeah, I was thinking maybe after their outing the next day?))

(OOC: That works for me if it works for you. :))

"Oh." She said quietly. "What does my blood taste like?" She reached for her soda again.

He paused a moment in thought before saying, "It is sweet, but not entirely so. There lies an underlying tone of bitterness, like a vintage wine. Neither flavor is entirely dominant, with a perfect balance of the two." He smiled, deciding not to share that there were indeed some taverns in Europe that served a sort of blood wine. The comment would probably sicken Lena.

She couldn't help but glance at the dried blood on her wrist, that and the questions that kept popping up in her head. It wasn't everyday someone got to talk to a vampire. Day...night...whichever. She was also purley curious about him. "Does all blood taste the same?" She wondered, taking another drink of soda.

"Not in my experience. Health certainly plays a factor in how it tastes. An unhealthy man's blood would surely taste worse than that of a fit young woman's." Will said, noting her curiosity with admiration. Most people would freak out, not ask questions.

She had tons more questions, but when she glanced at the clock, she saw it was almost midnight. She sighed and finished off her soda. "I'm sorry, it's late and I must get to sleep." She stood and went to the kitchen to rinse out her glass. She came back to the living room. "I'll worry about cleaning the blood from the couch." She gave him a slightly tired smile. "See you tomorrow night then?" She asked.

"Of course, Lena." Will smiled warmly. He stood up, already heading for the door. "I will see you soon." he said, before opening the door and stepping outside.