Kina blinked as she realized she just caught his attention, and much more strongly than intended, with a world she brought up as a joke. For all purposes, he seemed entirely uncaring about his past, even dismissive of it, but now, suddenly, he was fully interested.

She tilted her head at him. "A person never truly forgets anything. It will rip to the fore every memory you have, including those from before your brain formed properly. You may recall past lives, or the beginning of your universe," she paused and lifted a finger. "However, what I said was a warning for a reason. You will essentially relive your past all at once. It can destroy someone's sanity utterly, even if they are strong and prepared. I have... witnessed it myself. I suggested that place as a joke." Her smile fell into a frown.

"However, if it is your wish, I will take you there, and stay with you as you requested, but before then, I must ensure my superiors have all of the intel I have gathered." Her voice wavered with a tiny hint of fear, but her stance as she stood appeared confident. "You have time to finish your meal, and you should."

"Hunter Kina, I cannot allow you to go," Jade interjected.

Kina shook her head. "Sorry, Lady Jade." She smiled. "I agreed to stay with him, and he wants to go there. I do not break promises."

The short blonde watched Kina. "And what of your vow you made to me? That you would serve faithfully even in the face of incomprehension?"

Kina huffed. "I never said my incomprehension. You do not and will not understand my reasons, but I am doing this for you as much as for him." Her grin returned. "Now, I should put my affairs in order!"

Drake crossed his arms and grabbed Kina around the waist as she began to walk out, and he spun her to face Feng again, then pushed her toward him. "You should see if he's willing to wait until the end of your time with him, at least, or that time will never end if you go mad, idiot."

Going insane didn't sound so bad. You never knew that you were insane when it happened. You just lived in your own world. It could be a world of nightmares or of magic. Either way, that should be reason enough to let him go to his death.

"I have no reason to wait." Feng told Drake. "However, I don't intend to drag your partner into it with me." He turned to Kina. "Just drop me off and pick me up once enough time have passed. There's really no reason for you to go in there loosing your mind. Who would kill me if it made me go insane? Trust me, you wouldn't want an immortal madman running around the universe." As told, Feng had picked up the food ones again. She was right, he should make sure to at the very least finish this meal before going anywhere. Save his strength.

"I need to remember... Something. I've always had the feeling that I've forgotten something extremely important, and it keeps gnawing on my mind. I gave up trying to remember it long ago because there was no way of obtaining them. Until now. I need to know whatever it was I forgot. I don't care what happens to my mind after that. And if I don't go insane, then maybe you're lucky and get your outcome of our deal granted. Maybe my will to live is in those memories." There was a slight hint of desperation in his voice, and an even bigger desperation hidden within his own mind.

Of course he did not believe these memories would make him wish to live again, nor did he think they would make him wish for death any more than he already did. He only wished for part of the pain he had felt for thousands of years to go away. The dreams that came from those ancient memories were vague, too vague to ever make out, but just enough for him to feel... Something. What life had he lived and forgotten? What life was trying to reach the surface? It was constantly there but yet so far away. Even though everything always disappeared, there was this one memory that refused to die, and still it wasn't alive. It was a ghost haunting him, not wishing to let go of this world.

Kina cocked her hip to one side and her head to the other as she looked toward Feng. "You only just got done telling me I should stay with you, you know." The woman sighed, then threw her hands upward with exaggerated exasperation. "I do not know which I should believe is what you want, silly Fengfeng." She shook her head, then sighed.

"But," she said after a moment, "We do have a way to bring you out of madness, though it may take some time and may give you total recall—perfect memory. It has happened in the past, and now the one who went through it can remember all experiences she has been through save those that she was cursed to forget. I am willing to send you and retrieve you, but not before telling you all of the risks. That place is dangerous to the mind and soul."

As she spoke, her expression became more serious until he saw no hint of smile on her face or in her manner. For a moment, he witnessed more of Kina's truth than even her most trusted friends.

The moment passed, and she smiled. "Actually, that is all of it. Also, once you stay that long, you cannot go back to that world ever again, or every attempt to bring you back from it will end in failure."

"I'm an old man, you can't expect to understand every contradiction I make child." Feng told her. "Just listen to your elder and believe that I know what I'm doing." Not that he believed himself to know what he was doing half of the time. Heck, he was following a stranger possibly into his own mental doom. That sounded like a great idea.

He listened to the woman and seemed quite unimpressed by the warning. Even though she was more serious than he had ever seen her, he was not able to feel threatened by what was to come. He was more frightened of being locked away for a thousand years than he was of loosing or destroying his mind and soul.

"I see, so basically I have one shot at it, after that I won't be able to try again." He said, a bit bothered by the notion. If it didn't work the first time, he wouldn't be able to go back huh. Well, in that case he would just have to go through the years with this woman, prove that he had no will to live and then die. "Well then, I have heard your warning, and I am ready to go whenever you are." He told her before finishing up the plate he was holding and then exchanging it for the last one.

It would certainly be interesting if he got a perfect memory. How old was he truly? That would be quite interesting to know.

Kina watched him for several moments after he declared he was ready to go, then pinched and tugged his cheek. "Yes, but also... it is rude to assume you are the elder of every person you meet, regardless of your own perceived age," she corrected with a smile. "After a certain point, the numbers do not matter." She tugged at his cheek again, then released him.

"Before we go, you will eat and have your fill, because otherwise being there will put undue strain on you." She nodded, then returned to her own meal.

Jade and Drake seemed visibly relieved that Kina agreed not to go with him. Although she was a pest, Drake felt a certain attachment due to being her partner. Jade simply cared for everyone she met.

The bird didn't want Feng to go either, but if it was his wish, and since he didn't like her anyway, she felt she had no say in his decision. She simply watched him and Kina interact and hoped for the best. After a few moments, she finally spoke up. "How long does he need to stay there for the effect he wishes, Hunter Kina?"

Kina closed her eyes thoughtfully. "I do not know the exact, but the person who was there before who experienced it, they were in that place for a year." The woman nodded.

Jade closed her eyes, then looked toward Kina again. "I believe it will be two weeks of time from here. I can alert you or deliver him directly to you when the time has passed."

The Hunter nodded. "Whichever is most convenient, Lady Jade." She beamed. "Thank you."

"I assume I'm the oldest until I meet someone who's older than me." Feng protested as he rubbed his cheek. He wasn't sure how old these guys could get, but considering their job, they probably ended up killing themselves sooner or later, reducing their lifespan greatly. He didn't have that problem, so of course he would end up being the oldest sooner or later.

He munched on his food while listening to their conversation. One year huh. That wasn't too bad. Especially if he wouldn't have much memories while being there either way. One year... Two weeks? Wait, what were they talking about?

"Two weeks? How does one year ever equal two weeks?" He looked quite confused at Kina. He did often use expressions that a certain amount of time felt like a different amount of time because of his old age, but that was quite different than saying it would be two weeks in a different place.

Kina knew a few people she felt certain were older than Feng, but kept quiet. Still, it was good manners not to assume—her own 'little brother' nickname for Feng was more in line with his inexperience in matters pertaining to what was not local for him, rather than a true reference to age. However, his question of time made her grin, then begin to laugh.

Her eyes narrowed as her smile grew wider. "Oh? Feng does not know? Every universe moves at its own speed, and there is no true measure of time. The best one can do is convert, and sometimes the speeds shift. The three months you were missing were..." She looked to Jade.

"Six years passed here," Jade answered. "I am frankly surprised I have not been assaulted by either of my fathers or my mother, let alone by Father Ortega or Hunter Phil."

Kina giggled. "They will come, I am certain, and they will squish your cheeks and coo and make you regret your return."

A brief twitch in Jade's face and a glance to the door revealed her nerves.

The Chinese woman returned her attention to Feng. "So, every world moves at a different rate. Some are so fast that a decade passes there while a minute passes in another. Your world is slightly slow compared to Headquarters and Base, but there are still slower worlds, where a decade here is a minute there, and the speeds can shift. The speed of time does briefly stabilize when a portal opens, though."

"If three months passed for me on earth while six years passed here, that would mean this space is 24 times faster than earth, so that would make me 120,000 years old if only counting my known age." Feng mumbled, doing the calculations rather quickly in his mind. "That's... Rather depressing." He mumbled before shutting himself up by stuffing his mouth full with food.

Did this mean he would have to do calculations to truly figure out if he was older or younger than others if they stated their age in other worlds? What a bother. Not that he ever could be sure if anyone was older than him. As far as he knew he could as well have been one of the first humans on earth and have lived for a few hundred thousands of years. Without his memories, it was impossible to know for sure.

Refusing to think anymore about his suddenly older than expected age, he turned to something the two women have talked about earlier in their conversation. "If you've been gone for six years, you should go see your parents. Having a child disappear, no matter how old they are, is the worst thing that can happen to them. Not that I would know, I kept an eye on my kids until the day they died or got married. They never got a chance to disappear. But if they did, I'd expect them to come seek me up as fast as they got back so I could..." He became silent for a moment before continuing.

"Actually I probably wouldn't have done anything other than welcoming them back. But I'm quite a horrible example if you're looking for a good invested emotional father. I am the 'bribe the kids so they shut up and hope she doesn't want anymore hell spawn' kind of father." Well, at least he had been the last couple of times he had kids. There had been earlier periods when he vaguely remembered actually being invested in his own children, but he didn't really understand how he could have felt enjoyment from being around those little brats.

Jade looked toward Feng in surprise at not only his math skill, but also the comment about children and such. She nodded. "I will be seeking them out, I assure you. Also, for simplicity's sake, it is easier to count only the years a person has experienced, or for someone that travels often, it is best to calculate based off age from a singular world's standpoint, such as how Hunter age is calculated. This way, it is easier to account for shifts in speed. I am certain Hunter Kina can explain it in more depth, however. She is almost more familiar with my responsibilities than I am."

Kina grinned, utterly shameless. "Lady Jade will go see her parents," she agreed, then settled in to finish her meal and wait for Feng to finish his.

Once he finished, she pulled her portable portal from one pocket and a little black book from another. She aligned the beads, then tossed the loop at a wall, where it flattened into a portal. On the other side, a place made of clouds came into view, and a pile of round blobs coalesced and gained enough height to become visible. They reached toward the portal, glimmering and smooth. They looked liquid, with soft jewel-like colors that somehow never muddied or turned brown.

The Hunter watched a few moments. "They seem eager," she murmured.

Not that counting their ages would even matter once he had gone through that portal. Feng had never been high before, he had tried, but his body didn't react for more than a few seconds if even that. Just like alcohol. His body cleaned him up before it could give him any pleasure. It probably confused it for poison. Well, it was in a sense but still. Hopefully his body wouldn't be able to resist the air in that world. It would be such a pity. Though considering he had gotten high, though be it just for a few seconds, it could be that if he constantly was breathing something in, it would have an effect either way because his body didn't get enough time to clean itself up between breaths. Only one way to find out.

Feng finished his food and rose up from his seat. While far from all his former strength was back, he could at the very least walk just fine now. As long as there was food to eat over there, he could recover during his year away. It looked like quite the fascinating place. "Don't be in too much of a hurry fetching me, if the air is gonna get me high enough that I forget all worries, I might just enjoy staying for an extra year." Could as well just leave him there for a hundred years, and let him die if his memories doesn't fix his existential crisis, but he didn't mention that thought.

"Anything I should think about? Poisoned plants or dangerous animals I should be vary about? Not that I will remember it in the long run, but you know, while I still do I can as well avoid any hassle."

Kina shook her head. "No, not really. The slimes will feed on you, and in return, you will feed on them." She smiled at him. "Don't worry, you won't starve or get dehydrated. I will check on you now and then, but you will probably not notice it."

She let him enter, then closed the portal behind him. She felt slightly high herself, just from what little came through and mixed with the local air. Behind her, Jade sagged visibly, very high thanks to her bird-like lungs that pulled everything into her system rapidly. There was a reason canaries were used in mines, and though Jade was closer to being a sparrow, her lungs retained that birdish quality.

Drake lifted Jade from the floor and held her on one arm as though she was a doll and his arm was a throne. However, he refused to look the demigod in the face.

"Kina. We still have work to do. Fill out your reports, and I'm going to take Lady Jade to see her parents," he urged.

Kina nodded and stretched, then groaned. "Take her also to see her sister. They have difficulties, but there is still love."

Drake grunted and carried Jade from the infirmary, and the old doctor looked at Kina.

"What are you up to, Spaz?"

She grinned. "What I think is best, Monty."

"Also," Monty cleared his throat, then spoke quietly. "The internet is a thing these days. I looked up your name. It's not really a Chinese name, and doesn't even use Chinese sounds. What's going on?"

Kina's smile fell suddenly, and her eyes twitched.

"Lose the tension. Just promise me honestly you're not going to turn on Jade." His gaze bored into her back, and finally she turned to face him.

"I already promised it to her. A promise to you of the same thing would be needless." She watched him from the corner of one eye

Monty squinted, then sighed. "I just worry."

The tension left Kina, and she smiled at him, warm and gentle. "Few things am I honest about. I love Lady Jade. She is good to me and treats me as a person. She lets me work with my dearest friend and do as I please and she trusts me. My true name is my own, one of the few things that remained mine when the Council took me. I do not give it lightly."

"I'll just forget about what I found, then," Monty said after a moment.

"I appreciate it."

~*~​

In his foggy world, the jewel-like slimes slowly pulled Feng into their embrace. Soft and lukewarm and impossibly smooth, it was easy to forget he wasn't floating above the ground. They pulled filth from his pores and cleaned him, and then began to sink into his pores as every breath forced Feng to relax. The only relief came if he held his breath.

Tiny slimes slid into his ears and nose. More slid under his eyelids, spread out thin so all he felt was brief pressure as they entered his body and began to invade. Any gap they found, they took, and soon enough, they coated every inch of his insides, even between his organs. He ate them, drank them, thought them as they slid around inside his skull.

As promised, he forgot his worries, every thought replaced with the beautiful living drops and how they reflected the sunlight and starlight, and how he floated through the clouds with them.

No longer was he Feng, no longer did he have any sense of self. He was simply another slime, though he looked strange, even to his own eyes.

All was peace, and he began to believe this was his life, had always been, and no other existence could ever be true. Hunger never gnawed him, nor did thirst. He had no wastes, and the slimes kept his muscles alive and functional, even strengthened them and worked at his insides, similarly strengthening them. They carried him off and away, and at some point his clothes were gone.

Vaguely, he became away of an urge to move, and the slimes carried him in that direction., nearer and nearer to a gleaming obelisk that touched a distant star. They cradled him and deposited him into a bowl, and the clouds flowed from the bowl. A strange sensation filled his back as he felt liquid against it, and a euphoric calm filled him, beyond what he experienced before.

TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-TWEEE-TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pain shot through every part of him, and he felt parts of him slide away, like flesh from bones. Slimes emerged from behind his eyes, from within his nose, from his ears and mouth and other orifices. They yanked from his pores and took with them his every hair as they fled. Agony rocked through every part of him as they left him: mindless, weak, and blind, but stronger physically than before.

Something unbearably hot wound around his body, under parts he forgot that clawed at the strange heat source as a foreign noise came from his mouth. He kicked more forgotten parts, and then suddenly, he was on his back. His head rested against something soft and coarse, and his body as well. Rough and rigid things wrapped over his torso, arms, legs, and head. Something shoved into his mouth, and he bit on instinct, just in time... Everything returned. Each moment he lived, he relived in his mind so quickly an unaltered person would have seen only a blur.

When he came out, Kina stood over him, two fingers on his neck as she read a watch and counted his pulse. Unlike the beaming woman he met before, her expression looked bored. The two were alone in a small stone room, though the high bed on which he rested and was strapped looked like the ones in the infirmary.

"Pulse still high," she murmured. "Must still be caught up in remembering."

A voice from out of sight huffed. "Or it broke him."

Kina jumped and the smiling mask slipped back into place as she looked back. "Geraldo?" She blinked. "No Kyo?"

"Kina, you haven't been sleeping again," A young-looking man said as he approached her. "Arthur fell asleep outside the door, and Kyo is on the verge of assigning someone to watch you."

Kina's fingers twitched against Feng's neck as she blinked, but her smile remained. "Can you just explain to Kyo that I am working on a mission I gave myself? I'll talk to Arthur when he wakes. It's just the usual cause for my sleeplessness, nothing new." She sighed.

Geraldo stared at Kina with a commanding directness. "It's not like you to be surprised or not to hear about these things before me. What has you rattl-" he stopped, then shook his head. "You won't tell me. At least talk to Kyo or Arthur about it. Everyone is worried."

The Chinese woman remained silent, then nodded. "I have been distracted, yes. Do not worry, I will be fine. I am nervous about this one, and want to ensure that I succeed in the mission I took for him. He should wake soon, but I expected him to wake sooner. I will explain to Kyo and Arthur."

The man's gaze remained troubled, but he nodded. "I expect you'll also let someone else watch him for a while, as well?"

"I will think about it!" She grinned. "Maybe."

The man muttered in a language not known to Earth as he shook his head and walked away.

"Feed on? Charming. I've always said a good relationship starts with dinner." He grimaced. "Well, see you in a year if I get to keep my mind intact." And off he went to seek relief in this new world.

The feeling he got from this world was nothing he had ever felt before. Being high was much different from this, though maybe he wasn't one to talk about that considering his experiences were just a few seconds long. His body started to relax more and more for each breath, at first it felt so wrong, so forced that Feng did try to resist it, but soon he was lost in a comfortable mist within his own mind. Being as out of it as he was, he didn't even mind the slimes sliding into every orifices there was.

What was his name? What was even a name? Who really cared. If he could just float there in the sky forever on those cotton candy clouds, he wouldn't need a name ever again. Soon the thought of even being human escaped him, he was one with this world, with these beings. That was all that mattered.

Calmness, aimless traveling with those he belonged. This was his life, had always been, would always be. Until...

For the first time in forever, he screamed in agony, (at least he thought he did, whether his body could make the sound or not, he wasn't sure,) as it felt as if his skin was being removed from his body when in actuality it was the slime that left him. His body moved, but he could not recognize the limbs as his own at first. If he hadn't been able to feel them as they moved, he would have argued they weren't his. What would the movements help against? Who knew, but everything was so foreign, everything was new, he had to get away but did not know how. Then, everything came back to him.

Thousands of names, hundreds of thousands of years, hundreds of thousands of people, hundreds of civilizations, dozens of languages, ancient memories flashed before him all at once. He could see everything, his whole life so clearly and it hurt to the point he was certain his head would explode. Before he could even process a memory, another one came. Everything was dumped on him in the blink of an eye. He couldn't breath, his screaming was silent, his body shook uncontrollably, but Feng didn't notice either of these things as he was stuck in his own past. His present body could as well not exist at all.

As he awoke from his insane flashbacks, Feng could hear Kina speak with a man. Were they talking about him? He didn't really want to open his eyes yet, his head still hurt and he hoped he could just fall asleep. First when he heard footsteps of someone walking away, the man he presumed since Kina's fingers were still resting on his throat, he gave up trying to sleep. At least until he had reassured this stupid woman that he was fine since she apparently refused to rest for something so stupid as an immortal sleeping for a while.

"Tch, broke. Who does he think he's talking about? If I can survive a hundred years in a tomb, I can survive some stupid jelly." He muttered, his head hurting a bit too much for him to want to talk out louder. He opened his eyes and was not very pleased with the light in the room. Even if it was normal lit, his eyes were a bit more sensitive than usual, probably because of his headache.

"So, I'm awake now, go sleep you stupid woman. I don't need a babysitter 24/7."

Kina turned toward him and blinked as he spoke, then giggled as he finished off by calling her stupid and a comment about babysitting. "You sound like you remember who you are, at least as much as you did going in," she remarked, then dimmed the lights for him. She spoke quietly as she read and smelled his pain—migraine, most likely.

"So, Xaiodi-Fengfeng, you had a rough time on your return, at least... enough I had to strap you down. How is it inside of your skull?" As she spoke, she loosened the straps that bound him. Compared to the slimes, everything felt coarse, but no longer did it bring to mind sandpaper. She slipped away the straps on his legs first, beginning from the bottom before she worked upward further, to release his hips, waist, and then the strap across his shoulders. Last, she unstrapped his head and removed the padded boards that kept his head straight and prevented whiplash in his struggles.

Once he was freed, she looked around the room, then bent suddenly, only to reappear with her usual smile and some clothes for him, donated by a few Hunters: relaxed-fit jeans with a roomy crotch and a bedazzled heart on each back pocket, a black zip-up hoodie, a few types of underwear, socks, heavy boots, and a pale blue button-up shirt.

"If you decide to get up right away, do so slowly. The slimes strengthened your muscles, but you have slept for two days. These clothes are for you. They should fit nicely." She nodded.

Her own appearance hadn't changed significantly. She looked tired but chipper, and she was slightly less animated in her gesticulations. Most easily noticed was the absence of her vivid red hair cover, and when she bent or moved, it became clear that the raised cylindrical shape of her wrap came from her hair itself—impossibly long and wound atop her head, held in place by two half-moon combs made from wood. The style was worn among the Red Yao, a people known for their earliest history involving rebellion against the Ming dynasty, and who later settled and became simple farmers who resisted change simply by their distance from civilization.

Traditionally, only married women with children displayed any part of their hair, and then it was only a round knob at the front, while the rest remained covered.

"Yeah, I remember you gave me a stupid name. I should really stop giving people such options." Feng replied first now noticing his tied up body as he tried to move for the first time. Seems like he had been struggling quite a bit. How many times might he have bitten his own tongue off? It seems like he had been in a state of mind for that to have happened.

"My skull is trying to contain a brain that in return seems to be trying to push itself out very unsuccessfully. It would almost be worth ripping everything out and let it grow back again." Horribly dark jokes, that was something he hadn't done in a while. He rose very slowly to make sure he wouldn't black out, though with that headache it might be worth doing.

As the Chinese woman came with clothes for him, he couldn't help but raised a curious eyebrow. "Do I even dare to ask what happened to my own clothes?" He asked as he received the clothes and started to put them on. A curious thing one who knew of his powers probably would notice was the black scarred looking tissue that lied like a snake over his stomach and went up a bit on his back. That would definitely not be something one would expect seeing on someone whom could survive and heal from anything. Soon it was covered up by his new clothes though and Feng hadn't payed it any attention himself.

"Ugh, you don't happen to have something against headaches? I'll go for anything, even leeches." Medieval cures were something he never tried during the time. They seemed nuts. But right now he wouldn't mind a leech sucking his blood if that could clean his mind or whatever it was those doctors used to say.

"Feng is a perfectly good name. It has good character," she corrected, but at mention of his headache, she smiled and reached into a pocket. From it, she withdrew one orange, cylindrical bottle and one clear plastic bottle with a narrow neck. She opened the lid of the water bottle and offered it to him, then held up a finger to warn him not to drink it yet—it was a small bottle, he'd need it for the half-inch-long pill she pulled from the orange bottle.

"You know how to take pills, right? Pop it in your mouth and use the water to wash it down."

She leaned against the back of a nearby wooden chair as she watched the man. "I'm not sure about your clothes, but at least you look nice without them, right?" Her mind lingered on the tattoo. She had pictures in her phone from his unconscious state, front and back, and felt no need to ask after it at the moment. No, if anything, now was not the time.

"The pill will take half of an hour to work, so be patient. It should not make you drowsy, but it may be very strong. In the mean time, here. This will help."

Without warning, uncaring if he took the pill yet or not, she cupped his cheeks in her hands, with her thumbs touching on her nose, then slid down and away until she came to the first point and applied accupressure. She wasn't sure where she learned it, but she only knew a few of the points, and those points typically helped, because they were not medicine. Next, she pressed her fingers against the bone above the temple—it hurt slightly, but she was careful in her pressure, and the pain faded the moment she removed the pressure.

"Pills?" Feng looked slightly skeptical at them. That was a type of medication he had never taken before. The form he usually got was herbs in liquid form. Either way he swallowed the pill. It felt a bit uncomfortable to not chew something he was supposed to swallow, but it went down easy enough.

"Of course, I look good in everything and without anything. Nothing beats perfection." He said cocky. Another joke huh. Was he feeling more social than he used to? Though getting hundreds of thousands years of memories worth washed into your mind so suddenly, it might not be that odd that his past personalities came back. While there only were a few difference between him today and the him twohundred years back, he was pretty certain the him today and the him twentythousands years back were extremely different. With all the memory loss and the normal personality changes a person went through, he obviously couldn't remain the same forever.

"What are you doing?" Feng asked as Kina was touching his face. "Do you know what personal boundaries is?" Did she have to push so hard? It already hurt enough. Then, release? He felt the pain ease up as she removed her finger.

"That's... Much better... You're not a witch, are you?" He eyed her a skeptically. Feng did not have a very good track record with witches. One used him to create the worlds first vampire army, another decided to eat him for dinner since his meat constantly grew out again after having been cut off. An endless meat source. That one ended with him pushing her into her own oven and baking her alive. Guess where the Grimm brothers got their story from. Or rather, they got an altered version from someone else after Feng's story had been going through countless of alterations when the story spread through words. He might have had a bit of a boasting side at a few points in his life.

Kina laughed. "Accupressure. It does something to the nerves, but it's... Well, do it on yourself. No magic needed!" Her nose twitched suddenly upward as she smiled at him. "It helps release tension in the muscles, like a tiny massage!"

She clapped her hands together, then tilted the her hands together to one side I can take you to the mess hall or get you something to eat here. You can wander freely, as well, though do be careful."

The woman tilted her head in the same direction as her hands. "Some Hunters are old-fashioned."

After a moments, she suddenly grinned. "Or I could ask someone to bring us something."

A voice spoke from the doorway, "Or you could get Arthur and go to bed, and let me meet your mysterious new friend and show him around, Kina."

Tall, slender, pale, and with a grey dress beneath her Hunter jacket, she stood on high-heeled shoes and her long black hair fell freely to hip length. as she regarded Feng with light brown eyes.

"My name is Rare," she greeted with a graceful bow of her head. "I apologize for the interruption, but Kina has a reputation for sleep avoidance, and I'm here to ensure she keeps her promise to sleep once you woke."

Kina's cheeks puffed outward at the newcomer. "I am not that bad."

"You are, and you're not wearing your cover, either."

The Chinese woman blinked, then lifted her hands and began to feel her head. Her eyes widened, and she darted from the room, coat raised to hide her hair.

Rare sighed and looked toward Feng. "Time to see to you, then. Kina will sleep for a couple hours while Arthur comforts her, if we're lucky."

Old fashioned? He had lived in the old fashioned world multiple times. Though maybe his idea of old fashioned was slightly different from hers. He did wonder slightly why exactly he had to be careful around them. Would they eat him if he didn't act properly? The woman continued to rambling about what to do next to the point he almost felt like telling her to just pick whatever.

Then a voice came from the doorway. Another woman? Please don't be another annoying one, Feng thought to himself. Kina was annoyingly cheerful with an awful tendency to get him involved, Drake was stupidly suicidal without a real understanding of pain in his opinion, Jade was annoyingly weak, that man from before Feng was kidnapped had been annoyingly overprotective. The only hunter he had met that he hadn't seen as annoying so far was the woman in weird clothing, but that was probably only because he only saw her for a few minutes before leaving the house. He was certain she would be equally annoying if he gave her time. Maybe he was a bit harsher towards them at the moment because he just had recovered from a deadly headache.

Feng watched as Kina curiously enough darted from the room, hiding her hair. That was odd. He knew girls could be a bit picky about their hair, but this was a bit ridiculous.

"Mysterious new friend huh. I don't feel that mysterious in these odd wears." He pointed out once Kina was gone. Hoodies and jeans weren't things people wore in any of the ages he had been in so far, it took a bit to get used to.

"Ah, my name's F..." He stopped himself, his eyebrows wrinkled and he stared at his hand that he had just brought out as if to shake the other persons. Something he had stopped doing ages ago but suddenly felt completely natural.

"My names C͏̴́̕͢a̶̡l̕͏͟ę̶. It's nice to meet you." A young boy's excited voice resonated inside his head. For a short moment he was sure he could see a small hand in front of himself instead of his normal adult one and someone slightly blurry stood in front of him. Then he was back.

Was that... A memory? What name had he said? "Excuse me, it seems that I'm a bit dizzy still." He pulled back his hand, not completely sure about what he saw. "I'm Feng. You were speaking about showing me around? That would be most appreciated." He said, recalling the exchange between this woman and Kina. Curious. His speech was slightly more polite now than how he normally acted towards strangers. Was it because of the memory? An old personality mashed together with a new one? But how could it have been a memory? He had never been able to remember anything back towards his childhood. For now he would just keep quiet about it until he knew for sure what was going on.

Rare smiled at his comment about his clothes and the start of his introduction, but the expression faltered as he did. She watched hos his eyes grew distant and he stared at his hand, as though it offended and him both. Instead of asking after him, she waited patiently and directed her attention elsewhere to avoid staring.

She looked back towards him as he spoke again, then nodded as he continued his introduction, his mannerisms and speech patterns shifted and uncertain. She pushed the thoughts aside and inclined her head.

"If you need, you can lean against me if you feel too dizzy to stand. If you'll follow me, it's a bit of a long walk from this end of headquarters to the nearest place of interest, besides the water closet and kitchen in this hall."

With that, Rare began towards the door, only to pause and look back to see if he was following.

"I said I felt dizzy, not that I was about to collapse." Feng replied. If he was so dizzy that he couldn't walk properly he would of course lie down instead of walking around. He followed the woman in whatever speed she chose.

His mind trailer off for a few moments as they walked. What was it he had just seen? Was it truly a memory? Why couldn't he get to it again? Sure, he could remember it just the way he had seen it moments ago, but before it had been more as if he relived the moment rather than watched it. Something in that memory felt important. Could he trigger it somehow?

"So, any specific reason miss China ran off as if you just gave her rabies?" Feng asked Rare, trying to get his mind off of that memory for now. Kina had been speaking about another person whom had gotten their memories back completely, except for those chosen cursed ones. Maybe if he could meet that person, they might know what was going on, if not Kina did of course. Either way, he'd have to wait until she had rested. He wasn't such a brute as to wake a woman just because he wanted to know something.