Unlikely Heroes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! We are still open. I need to update the roster to nine characters now that we have Perry bit we still have one slot open.

Oh and I did see your message on Skype Perry but since I'm rushing to class I haven't had a chance to get back to you.

Post coming tonight or tomorrow morning.

Anyone seen Wraith/Trance? I'm still waiting on her post.

I've seen him around on Skype so he is around. The last I heard from him is that he has a post in mind if not already written.

Hey, if all the slot get filled, is there a waiting/reserve process or......?

@parkpyro , just want to check and see how you are doing and if you had any questions.

Hey, if all the slot get filled, is there a waiting/reserve process or......?
Yes, if all the slots get filled I would be more than fine reserving your character. If you had any questions or would like to work on a character sheet in the meantime feel free to do so.

My post is halfway done. Once I'm home I'll finish up the rest.

Yes, if all the slots get filled I would be more than fine reserving your character. If you had any questions or would like to work on a character sheet in the meantime feel free to do so.
Sure thing! I have been wanting to create a new character anyways.

Can one still be one of the originals or do you have to be Gen. Charlie?

All of the characters (besides NPCs) are Gen Charlies so you'll have to stick with that for plot reasons.

• Useful
Reactions: Cerulean
General Bio
Name: Adam Cooper

Appearance:

mrhill.jpg

Height: 5'9
Build: Burly
Clothing style: It's mostly what is comfortable, if a bit blue collar, (such as a t-shirt and jeans) but he has no issue with going out in a tux.
Ethnicity: Caucasian - Has the heritage of many European nations and one native american tribe.
Scars/Tattoos/Piercings/Markings/etc: No tattoos or piercings to speak of. Has a small mole on his butt, but no scars.

Superpower
Name of ability: Density Manipulation

Description: The power to manipulate the density of objects or entities. User can manipulate the density and solidity of object or part of the object, whether living or non-living. Some users may be able to manipulate size/volume as well. However, Adam can only change his own density to be heavier.

Level one abilities: If Adam punches an unprotected civilian at full density, that person is going to need medical attention. And new ribs. Possibly a new lung. Better yet, just put him on the organ donor list. At full density, level one, I'd say punches would have greatly reduced effect. Knives would require at least double the normal force to penetrate, and would experience added difficulty in trying to remove the blade. Gunshots would still penetrate, but not as deeply. The average person would sock him in the jaw and his head would barely move at all. In all honesty, dead-center average guy hits him full-force it's probably gonna break his hand. He can get to 500-600 lbs while benching. This is x5 the normal human rate for benching.

Level three abilities: This would be the x7 range of strength. Benching in the 700-900 range and able to take gunfire with a bit more dignity. Hand to Hand combat? Don't even think about it, without some strong help.

Level five abilities: He is capable of taking buckshot and living. Some serious bruising, perhaps some broken bones, but almost no penetration. Level Five? Skirting a ton, I would think. A full-strength punch can shatter an LAPD riot shield, dent antiballistic armor plate inserts, fracture concrete, etc, etc. Level Five, he gets hit with anything smaller than a pickup truck, that vehicle needs replacing. This would be x10 the normal human rate.

Weaknesses/drawbacks: Since harder materials tend to fragment bullets more easily, if he did get shot, it might not hit an organ but it would be exceptionally complicated to remove the shrapnel. While his skin can take an very, very large amount of damage, once it is damaged, his wounds do not heal any faster than a normal humans. Recovery would depend on quality of care. The added density damages surfaces he walks on. Without a method for increasing the surface area of his feet, he's going to leave little footprints in the sidewalks.

History
He was born Adam Cooper, to an average America family. The middle of three sons and ended up being the one with the shortest frame. His family genes would put in somewhere in the 6 foot mark but he drew a total of 5'9'' when he was done growing. Both of his brothers? Joshua is 6'4'' and Kirkland is 6'2''. "Bastards." Adam would often say.

His parents were a cross-town love story. Both local and knew each other a long time. Laura was a frequent performer in the parks and traveled out to other parts of the country. She was very worldly and made coin off of her musical talent. His father was a landscaper. They played cat and mouse for months until anything worth noting came about. When they finally married, and she became pregnant with Joshua, the two of them dug in deep.

By the time Adam came into the picture, his father had become a prominent supervisor and saved up large amount of money that half went towards running a music shop Laura had set up. The other half was stored away from a rainy day. They stayed in their minimal lifestyle. It was what the family wanted.

It wasn't even a week before the shop was smashed. Mother cried. They tried to fight and it was unfortunate Adam was not there at the time. Fortunately, he only got to see the aftermath. Momma cried more. Joshua had his head smashed in. Father's arms were too broken to hold his wife and it was raining. Hard. Windows smashed, it was all was broken apart and there was a trail of slight red coming away from the whole scene. Kirk was gone. They found his body a week later.

Months later the darkness of that night still haunted them all. And the way Joshua was going, the shop was going to have a successor. But with the head injury, there wasn't much he could do other than whine and moan at Momma. Adam was at a loss on where his road took him, because he wanted to blaze his own path but didn't know how to. Taking a giant leap of faith, he packed his things and went out to see the world to try and find something else other than hardship.

A few years of college brought him much joy and friendship. However, time and time again he always seemed to run into thugs doing something that just pissed him the hell off. It inspired him to find his path. That path lead him to this story.

The day before the bus ride: I fuggin love this song. His head bopped a bit, to go along with the beat of the song. It was on shuffle, so this song coming up was a bit of a surprise. He was sitting towards the back of the bus, coming back from class. Wasn't any homework to do, either. Oh the next few days were going to be pretty awesome. Sit back, relax, and do nothing. Though, tomorrow he would still need to come back and get some laundry soap. This assuming it takes as much of what was left as last time. All this time, and the rules of cleaning your clothes still eluded him.

The performing arts major wiggled his knee to the beat. It was the last stop, in the city itself, before it would actually be heading out to where he lived. The brakes squeaked and the doors opened. People on the bus got off first. One part courtesy and one part more open seats when they leave. The last to get on was an older lady who was managing to carry her purse, walk with a cane, and carry grocery bags.

He watched as she slowly made her way to the back. It was painfully obvious that it was a seat she was looking for. She was sweating and didn't look like she would be able to hid on much longer.

"Over here, miss. You can have my seat." Adam had paused his music and carefully removed himself from the seat.

Her brown eyes lit up and a smile was given. Putting her hand on his shoulder, she put down her things and sat and release a big sigh. "Thank you, so much, young man. It's hard to get around, without a car."

"Haha, don't I know it. Even without it being grocery day."

He shared a chuckle and Adam grabbed ahold of the bar above his hand. Doing something nice had filled him with joy and purpose. Maybe he might even do something productive when home finally comes about.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
Added your character to the roster Cerulean. However that means you have been bumped off of the first displayed character now Ryver since things are alphabetized.

Oh and I have an announcement. I've spoken to BW and we've decided due to time constraints, we are moving Jack's character to a guest character so that when he is able to return as a reoccurring character. BW has already spoken to him and I have moved his character sheet to a different section for now.

Speaking of characters, we now have one slot open again since Parkpyro has passed over a week with no contact. If you want to join us, feel free to get a hold of me but that last spot is up for grabs now.

Curse you Alphabet! XD

For the record I'm still here, Christian happens to be unconscious so there's not much for me to do.

Seraphs, Christian could also wake up this round, if you want that to happen. We don't necessarily need a strict continuity in this situation.

Whatever you decide to do is fine. If you want some ideas, I'm open for a chat. Basically, what I'm thinking is they would just drop him in an alley, somewhere, far from where they were held.

Hey @RainyDays, just wanted to mention our one week policy for new people and their intention of joining. We've had many people in the past showing interest but never get past the stage of making a character. To keep slots open for potential roleplayers (which someone did PM recently), after a week of no response (unless you spoke to me prior) your slot will be open for others to join. Since we do have a new person with the interest of joining, I'd like to hear back from you soon to know what your plans are.

Status
Not open for further replies.