Unlikely Heroes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever get into a roleplay with someone and after you agree to come to think that they type posts like this?

tumblr_n19ynml6u21t1j819o1_500.gif

Then you are all like

tumblr_inline_nf8lyqWsIc1r5ped1.jpg

But they are all like

3mzbgxm.gif

And you're like "I'm sorry.."

d9f3Gaj.gif

• Love
Reactions: Rina
Yes! I know what you mean Iz. In a new roleplay I've joined, 3/4 the roleplayers that are like that and it's a challenge being in there (don't worry Ryver, not yours)

• Love
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
Been there, done that, bailed like my life depended on it.

See, there are a few different classifications of roleplayers. You've got Newbies, who are legitimately new to the game, and thus do not know how to write well yet. They're totally within the realm of folks I'll help. Then you've got Lazies, who know better and just don't care. Those folks don't rate my time or my attention. I do this because I want to do it well, not because I want something to do. Lastly, you've got Elites. They think they're the second coming and they want you to know it. I don't bother with them either; nothing I do will ever measure up to their random "standards".

Best bet is just to find a group with similar interests and count yourself lucky.

Yeah, a roleplayer that I met when I first joined when I first started to roleplay whom we've kept on and off contact asked me to join the roleplay she is GMing. I've noticed that she hasn't really improved that much since the two of us started while I've moved on from the high-free (a regretful choice when I joined) to low-casual section which I was in when I first joined the guild. I didn't want to say no when she asked but now that we've started and I've seen how the roleplay is progressing I'm feeling like bailing would be a better choice.

You have to do what's best for you. Staying on in a roleplay which makes you unhappy is not going to do anything more than make it that much worse when you finally have to leave.

In my desperate attempts to find good RP's I have seen some unpleasant stuff I have mostly managed to forget, but there is this one case I shall never forget. Out of boredom and spite I once joined this RP which was kind of a teenage attempt at bringing Harry Potter and Vampire Knight together, with royal blood vampire boarding school and I thought it was a perfect opportunity for me to bring a nice pile of dirt to their doll house. (Yes, I am that kind of asshole and pretty good at it.) So I unleashed a world of political conflicts, torture chambers and social controversies and was surprised to find two other players with similar intentions.

What I meant to say is that it led to me getting to know a class of players I would not have known otherwise. People - no longer teens themselves - dreaming of glittering royal societies and gossip-ish stories. Among them was this one with a good number of characters, whose concepts sounded fun and pretty diverse and she was pretty good with grammar and basic writing skills, and over a couple of years I had to watch in amazement how she moulded all of them into the same pitiful, whiny, over sentimental teenagers (even a supposedly scary 800 years old vampire) who were hurt and misunderstood. And besides she bullied the players, trying to tell everyone what to do and how to play, believing every genuine idea could only come from her. Funnily she believed I was there only to »ruin« the beautiful RP, and changing rules by the second just to torment her.

I am putting up a post soon. I admit there is a lot of room for editing coz I had Cal touch Pat to help him up. I am not sure if she's going to be affected by his powers. Please let me know Dpickle. =DDDD

I am quite fine with having her yelp and let go.

[bumps thread] Okay post is up soon.

And since it's so quiet - here are a few vids for you to enjoy. New person I'm following on Youtube.

Covers

Original

Thank you for shaeing Ryver. Haha, I might have to start sharing my music too.

I look forward in seeing your post (as well as everyone else's post)!

• Love
Nice post Ryver. We're starting to wind down this chapter and will be moving on to the next one. We'll be introducing one of the ten Bravos that we haven't met yet (Iz and Regan) and be working on saving Christian and Sam as well as start to learn more about this mafia group that has captured them. Don't worry, we'll eventually get to training, one day.

• Useful
The modification looks great, no complaints here. I'll try to get a post up sometime, but I'm currently touring Israel so its a bit hard to find some free time to write. If I take too long don't be afraid to go on without me.

That's exciting dpickle! Keep us updated in how things go there.

I'll start working on a post once I'm home then so we can get things moving.

Israel! That sounds really nice. How long is your tour?
I have about a week left and I've been here for about a week, in total it will be two and a half weeks. I'm really enjoying it so far but the days are very full so there's not much time to do anything other than what's been planned.

Reactions: Rina
I'd imagine it was a tour as in sight seeing, or possibly a military tour but I don't know how much Wifi time soldiers are given so I'd say sight seeing is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.