Unite: The Harvest

"Oh, just a thing or two. I wouldn't want my bri---erm, guest to be totally unaware of her surroundings! You're my most important guest in the palace! I'll show you why once we're through with breakfast, " Erebus said not even touching the food on his plate. He was far too excited to eat anything, much to the cooks demise. They had spent all morning cooking up a fancy breakfast for him and "that strange girl" and he wasn't even eating anything! Most of them grumbled to each other quietly in protest in the kitchen. Erebus knew what they were saying, but he could care less about petty complaints. He quietly sat back and waited for Liana to finish her food, and then he'd "show her around".

"Welcome to the hideout of 'The Resistance'!" Maverick exclaimed atop one of the pillars. It was a truly amazing place! And to think it was only built in a few months!

Braun walked around quietly admiring everything. It was all so rustic and the hundreds of people walking around here and there looked so rough and vicious, but he was definitely used to it all since he was pretty rough himself. Following them all to the Weaponry, his mouth practically fell open. So many weapons, an all of them so.....high tech! There were thousnads of war machines and weapons all around and Braun now he didn't want to leave at all apart from the fact that the evil guy was only a couple hundred miles away! It seemed like he, Landion, the brothers, Maverick and his girlfriend were alone, now, and he took the opportunity to say something. "Whoa! This place is amazing! You all built this?! Alone?!"

"Yuuuup! Just us 500+ people and 4 months! We all here used to be Erebus' test subjects/soldiers so we all have our own amazing and sometimes odd abilities, but we're all pretty strong allowing us to do such tedious work in only such a short amount of time. So, Helies and Kyle.....what's the news? And who're your friends?"

Liana was very suspicious about why Erebus wasn't eating anything. She too, heard the cooks grumbling and her heart went out to them, having to serve what must be a very picky eater! On her own planet, she always let even the lowest ranked workers know that their valiant efforts in their duties were appreciated. Apparently Erebus did not share the same notions. When she'd finished her coffee, and toast, she stood up and was ready to follow Erebus around... though she sorely wished she could go home. At home, her two kids were panicked. Their dad and mom and friends were gone, they knew Dr. Fujisawa was busy, and basically had to only stay in their rooms out of the way... But it was hard. In the end they stayed in each others rooms often, scared of disappearing again like they had only recently.

Kyle introduced the group starting with Landion, Liana's Guardian and husband. Maverick already knew Helies, but he introduced Braun as well, since he was also Landion's friend and the General of The Dark World. He had to admit, this place certainly was a rare gem! Jody talked with Maverick a while, listing things they were running low on. One thing about her, she was so in tune with the underground resistance, she automatically knew what was going on and didn't have to even think twice about it. She was also a superior sword-fighter, gun-user, and had a special talent in technology......as if whatever piece of electronic equipment she touched, whether she'd seen it or not, gave her unimaginable information just at a touch of a button. Psychokinesis was what it was called: The ability to manipulate machines and other objects from a single thought.

Erebus led Liana down the many halls of the castle showing things here and there after she had finished. He also showed her a few parts of the lab leaving some Restricted areas a mystery for her. Once they stopped in the main sector of the lab, Erebus turned to Liana, "Here, my darling, is where you'll come in." Pointing to a Crystal in the corner only 5 feet in height, Erebus smiled but not very proudly. It was the Avion Crystal. It wasn't very powerful and majestic as the Zialon at all. Almost laughable! "Haha! You can go ahead and laugh, as well! It is quite pathetic. But, that's what I get I suppose when hiring such low-grade scientists, I guess. They call it the Avion. I had them executed immediately after building such a terribly crappy device and then showing it to me as if it was even remotely useless." he explained, rolling his eyes at the new scientists that ran around the lab, "Moving on to more important matters, I need your help, Liana. As you can see, this thing is far from useless and it isn't getting any powerful which is what I need. That's where you come in. It would be most wonderful if you could.....I don't know.....Pass some of your power onto it? It'd be very wonderful indeed. I can transfer my power to it beacause, well, I got my power from.....well.... you. And it needs power from the source, so would you be a dear and help out, please?" Erebus looked at Liana sweetly trying to entice her to help. Not that it really mattered. She was going to end up doing it whether she liked it or not.

Maverick nodded to the motley crew cheerfully, "Okay! Nice to meet you all! Any friends of Kyle and Helies are friends of ours, right babe?" He looked to Jody with a small smile, and continued, "We're a working force here. We are all against Erebus and his army and we have been coming up with ways to stop him for the longest, and now that you all are here, we can really make it happen!"

Landion looked around reluctantly, "This is all nice, but when are we going after Erebus? And how? My wife is somewhere in his territory playing her like a puppet, and can't and won't just sit here!" He wasn't trying to be pushy or a pain, but he was worried sick about Liana and about what could be happening to her right then. He wanted to do something and fast!

Helies sighed. "Look, I know you're a bit jittery, but this takes time! Do you know how powerful Emperor Erebus is? Really?"

"But, what if we don't have time?!" Landion complained.

Maverick attempted to calm the Vampire down. "Look, we'll talk about all this tommorow morn----errr, night. There's much to be done, and we all won't fare well if we're frustrated and tired. Helies can show you to your bedrooms, I'll see you all tommorow night." Maverick then walked away saying to Jody, "Weird guys, huh?"

Liana looked dubiously at the small Avion crystal, that wasn't even taller than herself. At 5'3 she stood taller than it, but it instantly flared at her presence, as if its brilliant white glow could make up for its size! She had to smile, just a little. It wouldn't take much, surely, to power this crystal. "Fine... but.... I'm feeling tired... Will I be returned to my room after this?" She asked, tensing at his sly look on his face....... something was wrong here. She felt it in every bone of her body. Her stomach began to hurt, but her head was -throbbing-. Oh no.... had she just been drugged -again- somehow?! She really didn't know, but her eyes were already starting to see double! Wanting to hurry this process, she placed both hands on the cold crystal, which instantly warmed, humming oddly, as it accepted the massive amount of energy she was now giving it.... Then, without any warning, she collapsed over the crystal, which was still draining nearly -all- of her energy- slowly and painfully!

Jody just grinned. "Aw, you know you'd be the same if Erebitch had me locked away." She said, kissing Maverick as they walked away to their own room. They let Kyle and Helies show Landion and Braun their own rooms. Kyle was oddly tense, and quiet. His back began itching again, his most recent brutalization being only a year ago, the scars on him hadn't ever had time to heal over once the guards decided it was far too much fun picking on him as a target. They were some ugly looking red-green and even purple wounds that wouldn't go away. Probably ever. He sighed, saying good night to Helies as he went to his own room for the night, he stretched out on his comfortable bed, staring at the ceiling and too wound up for sleep.~

Helies showed the Vampires their rooms before walking into his own room and getting ready for bed. As he laid there, he realized he couldn't sleep, his mind still on Kyle's disappearance. Yeah, he was tough on Kyle now and then, but not enough to make him run away for two months.....right? Helies tossed and turned as his mind purveyed different explanations, each worse than the last. Maybe he's working for one of those guerilla teams in the mountains.....or, maybe he's working as Erebus' right hand man! Helies sat up at this thought, shaking his head defiantly. Kyle wouldn't do that....Or would he? After an hour of pacing around the room and worrying about his brother, the one-eyed ex-soldier, decided to just got to Kyle and ask him straight up. Opening the door as quietly as he could, he could see that Kyle was fast asleep, and part of him didn't want to disturb him about something that was probably so petty, and another part of him wanted to ask anyway. He was his older brother, his only family. The least he could do was wake him up and ask him where the hell he ran off to a long tme ago. Helies boldly stepped inside, turned on the lights and bent over to shake his brother awake, but, suddenly, he noticed something gray peeking out of the young man's shirt. Lifting it up, Helies yelled out loud and fell back at the sight of Kyle's torn and very gorish back.

Landion looked at the small picture of Liana and his children all smiling and happy. He wiped the tears from his eyes that fell faster than he could catch him, and wondered to himself what he could possibly do to make any of this any better. Everything was going by so slowly, and, yet, he wanted to do something, now! He hated having to leave Eric and Lina at a time like this and hated even more that he was only a couple hundred miles away from his wife who was probably having the most unspeakable things done to her at this very moment, and yet here he was resting in a soft, comfty bed in a safe, secluded area! Landion scoffed then jumped up out of the bed to look out the window. "I'll come for you, Liana. I promise."

The Emperor greedily watched as Liana placed her hands on the Avion as her energy flowed away from her body and over to it. Finally! My plan is coming together, perfectly! He then acted as if he was concerned when she fell down, the Avion still feeding off her power. "Oh, Liana! It looks like you've oh-so-suddenly collapsed! Here, let me take you someplace more comfortable before you get aquainted with the Avion....." he smirked as he carried her off to his room. He had no shame at all to be continuously raping an innocent woman who obviously did not want to have anything to do with him. But, maybe, if she was more willing, he wouldn't have to drug her so much.......Nah! After he was through, he called for the servants to take her back to the lab where she would be hooked up to the Avion to give it more of her power.

Kyle yelled about the same time he heard Helies' screech. He was on his feet in lightning speed, his gun pointed right at Helies until he registered who it was! "Damnit... bro! You scared me into soldier- reflex! You know better than to sneak up like that. What's wrong with you?" He asked, though the anger faded from his voice as he holstered his weapon again. He had no idea that his older brother had seen his back. That was -his- shame to carry, alone. With the rest of his feelings of building hatred towards Erebus and those soldiers who'd bullied him so often.

Liana couldn't feel a thing as Erebus did terrible things to her that he felt was his right! Landion would murder him if he ever found out! But right now, she was slipping into a coma, even after the servant girls disdainfully bathed her and changed her gown, she wasn't waking up at all. The scientists were glad to put Liana tied up, against the Avion crystal, and to their amazement, watched it grow just a few feet more from her power alone!

The Avion Crystal glowed brightly as it absorbed Liana's power making it grow taller and taller in height and size. It was becoming very strong, a twin to the Zialon and Erebus laughed mercilessly at it the young woman's amazing "efforts". "Pretty soon, I'm going to be the most powerdul man in the universe----Oh wait! I ALREADY AM!!! HA!" He bent down to look at the helpless Empress and smiled. Things were going just as planned.

"WHAT THE CRAP WAS THAT, KYLE?! HUH?! ANSWER ME!!!!" Helies yelled trying hard not to wake anyone else up in the other rooms. What had had happened to Kyle's back? And why was he just finding out? "Is that why you were gone for those 2 months?! Who did this to you?!" The only thing he cared about right now was protecting his brother, and that's all he had been doing since they were kids.

Liana sensed something bad was happening as she slipped into a dream. She had a very nice dream, really, so she didn't understand where the bad feelings were coming from. Except the fact she was breathing so slowly now, her vital signs were dropping at an alarming rate! In her dream, she was back at home, enjoying Landion and her children's company. Eric was helping Lina build a toy lego bridge over a castle moat, mimicking their own palace with such fine detail that she could only compliment them, joining them in helping with the towers. "Mommy... when are you coming home?" Lina asked, her small voice, which seldom spoke, was sad. "Why, darling.. I'm home now... can't you see?" She asked, holding Lina in her arms. But in the next moment as she was hugged by her family... she felt as though she were fading! She glanced down, only to see that she really was, disappearing, becoming a faded ghost of herself! She began to cry in her dream, and in reality while she was tied to that crystal, getting physically worse with each passing second of being overly drugged -and- having her energy so ruthlessly drained..<landion! dr.="" fujisawa...="" can="" either="" of="" you="" hear="" me?=""><dr. fujisawa.....="" landion.....="" please.....="" can="" anyone="" hear="" me?="">, her body suddenly cold.~
</dr.></landion!>

Kyle scowled at his brother. Oh-...... great! That damned Zialon crystal must have triggered -that- memory back into Helies' brain! "Of all times to ask me that- why bother now?" He sighed, sinking back on one end of the bed, his head on his hands... "After the scouting mission proved unsuccessful-- Erebus was furious. He ordered two brutish guards named Marek Chii, and General Axel Torch to teach me what it meant when I return without any suspects..." Kyle looked ill just from speaking about it all. . . "I was chained to a ceiling in a cell for 2 months... and struck repeatedly with a cat-o-nine tail. I hadn't even known those things existed until that night.." He laughed, bitterly. "I only got what I deserved for failing an evil Emperor. . . Its not even important anymore, Helies. The last time I was tortured like that was last year...... and you had your own problems remember? I was old enough to 'man up' and be more grown up about things." Hadn't Helies in the past always told him to grow up? Well.. he sure had...hadn't he... Kyle gazed at the wall across from him, not seeing it.

Helies brushed back his hair out of his face, blind with rage and not really knowing what to say. Now, he wanted Erebus dead more than ever, and to prove so he punched a hole in the wall before attempting to speak, "........I.........I don't know what to say!......Just go back to bed, Kyle.....I'll deal with this in the morning." He stormed out the door and back to his room not caring to look back at not even giving Kyle a hint as to what he would do. He'd definitely deal with that in the morning.

Maverick yawned as he got up from bed. Only dressed in his boxer shorts, he yanked the covers off of Jody mischeviously before hopping in the shower. He was ecstatic about today. Finally, he and the ex-soldiers of the Resistance could figure out a way to pull Erebus off his pedestal and get things back to how they're supposed to be. He was going to call forth a meeting in the War Room early this morning as soon as everyone was up and ready. Things are definitely looking up for once!

Erebus settled in for bed that night, while the scientists kept watch over Liana. He had plenty of plans for the next day. Plenty.

Kyle went back to bed, sleeping on his side, covering his back in case anyone else got any 'bright' ideas about checking on him! He sighed, knowing Helies had a bit of a temper tantrum when it came to the older brother protective thing.... He closed his eyes, knowing there wasn't anything anyone could do about it, so why worry? The next morning, he used the shower, cleaned up, and dressed in his uniform again, attaching his weapons carefully. He really wasn't looking forward to dealing with a Helie's pissy-fit, but he expected one just the same...

Liana wasn't looking too good, and the scientists were actually worried she might die soon. But they didn't dare take her off the crystal. Not when -it- was faring so much better! No longer would the Avalon Crystal be something to laugh at! Erebus would most certainly be pleased. . . unless he didn't want a dead Empress....

Jody scowled as the covers were yanked! But she knew how to get him back. Smirking in her sleep, she made the shower turn from hot- to cold in minutes! Giggling when she heard that yelp...~ Pick on me will you.. not in the morning bucko! She yawned, stretched, and waited for her turn to use the damn shower. Who'd've thought boys could hog so much hot water??

"GAAAAAAH!!!!!" Maverick screamed as the water turned cold and jumped out the shower, "Ohhhh! Very funny, Jody! I'll get you back!" He laughed and pulled his clothes on before heading out the door, only to see a steaming mad Helies pass by, quickly. Maverick ran after him as fast as he could. "H-Hey, Helies! Where you goin?!"

Helies stopped dead in his tracks and turned to Maverick, "I'm going to pay our 'special friend' a visit....Don't wake up Kyle. It won't stop me." Before the Resistance leader could even get in a word of warning, Helies pressed the button on his Datapad and was gone in a flash.

"KYLE!!! WAKE UP!!! IT'S HELIES!!!!! HE WENT TO EREBUS!!!!"

Erebus had been lying poignantly in his bed half dressed when a familiar face suddenly flahed into his bedroom. He wasn't surprised and chewed his apple with a grim smile on his face, "Hmm. This is new. Never have seen a traitor just pop into my presence before. Thought I would have to get out my best soldiers to bait you in.....Guess not......"

"SHUT UP!!!!!! YOU'RE GONNA DIE TODAY, YOU MERCILESS BASTARD!!!!" Helies took out his gun and pointed at Erebus, and the Emperor's smile got even wider.

Helies! Kyle had recognized that look of insane rage on his brother's face the night before. Why hadn't he been more awake enough to stop him from doing this? "I'm going after him. Alone." Kyle punched in the numbers on his data pad, and with a flash of light, he was at Helies side! He dragged Helies away from Erebus. "Helies. Stop it. This is -not- going to help anyone. Especially not me. If you died, for something so stupid that happened all those years ago. Now get back here, quietly, or I'm dragging you anyway before Erebus kills us and we'd never have made a dent in our goals." He hissed, glowering at Erebus with a special hatred. Helies didn't get to kill Erebus. He would. One day.

Liana remained in the coma, much to the scientists puzzlement. They couldn't explain how her health was declining at such a rapid speed!

Jody walked over to Maverick, seeing there was a scene being made. "I'll get Landion and Braun," She told him, hurrying off to do just that!

Erebus watched amusingly as the brothers talked over "killing him". He could've killed them both right then and there, but being evil was a lot more entertaining when done slowly, so he shrugged off the thought and continued to watch. "In case you both haven't realized it yet, I could have had my guards come in immediately and throw you both in prison again kicking and screaming. Just to make this cat and mouse game a bit more fun, I'm giving you both 2 minutes to get the hell out of my bedroom. Not that it'd really matter. I'll find you both eventually, anyway, and kill you then...."

Helies kept his gun pointed at Erebus, his index finger quivering on the trigger. He wanted to pull it, badly, but he remembered seeing a bullet bounce right off of Erebus before, so the chances were futile. He listened to Kyle, his face still red with anger. "CRAP!!!!" he yelled punching the button on his Datapad them both disappearing in seconds back at the hideout. "I want him dead!!! NOW!!!" he yelled to Maverick and Jody before storming off into his room and slamming the door.

Landion and Braun watched the commotion wide-eyed and still not dressed.

"I....guess we should call forth that meeting in the War Room, huh?" he said to Jody scratching his head and unable to make heads or tails of the "situation".

Kyle sighed, just getting back the second after Helies did. He could have sworn he felt a weird flux, or something from that palace. "And it's our misfortune that Avion is getting -enormous....." Kyle realized, recognizing the energy after a moment. He waited with Maverick as Jody nodded, leading the group directly to the War Room and calling Helies back out for the meeting. He was enraged, she could see it in his sparking eyes and near- smoking ears.~ His face couldn't have gotten any redder either. She'd find out at the war meeting. Kyle meanwhile, fidgeted in his seat, really not wanting to share his story with a bunch of strangers. At all. He wasn't going for sympathy, and if there was more fussing than he could stand he'd leave...~ After all.. .what could any of them do to Kill Erebus? Nothing....

"The time has come, to start planning on an infiltration of Eritaban to kill Erebus. All in favor, say 'Aye'."

"Aye."

"Aye."

"......Aye."

"Aye.....uh..we're just gonna totally bypass what happened this morning?.....I'm not trying to be nosy or anything.....I just don't think this is a good time to be talking about killing Erebus if those two got some serious personal issues goin on. I mean....look at 'em! They both look like they got stick up their ass or somethin....." Braun said scratching his arm confused.

"It's fine. Kyle's just got some old problems on his back he didn't tell me about. Right, Kyle?" Helies mocked at his brother.

Kyle scowled at Helies furiously. "Very -old- none of anyone else's business problems indeed, Helies.." He scowled, hating that he was being provoked. He ignored Helies and was definitely all for discussing how to infiltrate the palace. NOT going over what happened to his back some years ago.... continuously.....~

He didn't meet his brother's eyes. But he noticed Braun's statement....He did not want to explain!.

Maverick was just about to say something when Helies did, "Well, Kyle, I think it's very important to tell someone when someone practically whips the skin right off you back, huh?! I'm your BROTHER, remember!!!! Your ONLY family! I may not be able to do anything about it, but at least I could have given you some emotional help!"

Emotional support. HAH. He was the younger brother, yes, but damned if he'd be a pest! "Helies, be reasonable. when that happened, you were having troubles of your own, remember? I don't know how it suddenly got fixed, but ever since mum died,... you've had terrible memory blocks. I know it wasn't anything you did to cause it, and I hate bringing it up, but honestly. I'm not going to burden my older brother, simply because I'm younger. I dealt with what I had to same as we all do." He said, looking down at the floor, hiding his glowing blue eyes.~ He was feeling awful now.

Helies folded his arms and sat back. "Really? I always thought that maybe, just MAYBE, I could do something good in my life, and protect my younger brother. It's all I have and It's all I've been doing.......I guess you don't need me then, so excuse me while I bide my time in my room alone." Helies walked away a little sad and frustrated. He knew Kyle could take care of himself, but he loved being by his brother's side. It gave his life more meaning.

Braun awkwardly watched as Helies left the room while Landion picked at his nails, uninterested. "What's he talking about?"

Kyle sighed, knowing he was now the center of attention, except Landion, who looked bored by it all. Couldn't blame him. "He's talking about what General Axel Torch and Marek Chii were ordered by Emperor Erebus to do,......for an unsuccessful scout mission." His voice was cold and bitter. In one fluid motion, he lifted his shirt up half way, turned around, and presented his back. The red, green, purple and grey lashes were all still in place. None of them had healed. Or ever would heal. But it didn't matter, since Helies' hissy fit that morning pretty much had the two of them on Erebus' kill on sight list. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to talk to Helies." He said, lowering his shirt to hide the terrible gorey mess that was his back, and stalked from the room. Jody was appalled....~