Unite: The Harvest

Maverick quietly passed his girlfriend the trash can. It was a very terrible sight, but Maverick had seen worse before. One of the men in the Resistance foot was so torn up and badly healed, it made even Erebus himself turn green at the sight!

"What? Angry beacause I made you express your feelings? It's not good to hold stuff in, you know. That alone is worse than having a scarred up back," Helies said to Kyle softly refusing to give eye contact.

Braun didn't feel terrible for asking, nor did he feel guilty. But he knew someone who could help. "..........Landion! Quit acting like you don't care!"

Landion looked up annoyed, "I don't!"

"Oh, please! Ever since that last war with Liana, you've cared about EVERYTHING! Even when you see a near-dead animal on the side of the road!......You should go show him----you know. It'd make him feel better. Guy acts like showing his scars is like stepping on his manhood."

"I'm not showing anything......." Landion scoffed. Of course, he was going to end up doing it anyway, as much as Braun loves to prod.

Kyle scowled at Helies. "Wasn't it you, who's been telling me this whole time to never trust strangers? What did you just make me do in there... open up and show them my back! Yea, that's always awesome way number one ego booster right there... Already feel like shit? Well make it even more fun by causing people you don't hardly know to look at you like a total worthless person for having been beaten so brutally in the first place... That's just so assuring of one's masculinity, you know?" He snarked, then stalked out of Helies room, and walking back toward his own, knowing there was absolutely -nothing- anyone could do!

Landion walked down the hallway, reluctantly, seeing Kyle run into his own room angrily. Uggh. I can't believe I'm doing this...... Knocking on Kyle's door he said monotonously, "I'm coming in, even if you don't want me to." He looked at Kyle then scoffed. "Really nice to be treating your only family alive like that. He was only trying to help, you know...."

"The last thing I want to do is make Helies feel awful... but you know... being forced to show your wounds to people you barely know, and then practically admit you're a complete -sissy- because you let two horrible bullies keep doing this...it's not the most brave moments of my life, or my proudest. And I'm sick of feeling so damn useless."

"It's not "sissy" just beacause something happens you have no control over. Trust me, both I and Braun have lived quite a long time. Over a century, really. And I can honestly tell you there really is no such thing as "man-hood" or "manliness"........No matter how hard you try, there's a child still sulking inside of your heart. In all of our hearts. And Fujisawa told me that. And there's no sense in feeling so embarrased about showing the scars of your past. Have you seen some of the ex-soldiers around here? Some of them I saw have injuries so stomach-churning, and faces disfigured due to the DNA fusion, but they don't care. They walk these halls proud of their scars. I envy them for that," Landion sighed, ".......Look. If you ask me, you should be thanking Helies beacause now, you won't have to be so self-concious anymore. And none of us really see you any different just beacause of your back.........I have a scar, too." Turning around, he showed Kyle the very long scar coming from each corner of his back. "Delthar is his name. Took my wife, and I tried to fight back, but.........he got the better of me. I felt embarrased myself for it, but, eventually, I realized I had no control over fate, anyway. It's only a scar, after all."

Kyle nodded. "I guess it's stupid being angry about it. I'm sorry. I'll go talk with Helies...." He sighed. This whole opening up and expressing thing was way more complicated than he first thought. Guess it served him right, never opening up for all these years. "And..... for the record, thanks. I'm not a great conversationalist. My brother and I are too used to not trusting anyone. So, I do appreciate that you bothered to talk to me about this at all." Kyle told Landion, definitely not one of the ungrateful types. His brilliant blue eyes looked less like ice then and more like sapphires, before he managed to open the door of Helies room again and literally sink down in a chair, not saying anything. He looked unhappy though..... It had been a while since Kyle last managed a smile.

Landion nodded and made a quick smile too before leaving back to the War Room where Braun would pester him about what happened and what he said.

Helies had his back turned to the door when Kyle walked in. "Back so soon? Remembered some more insults to throw at me?"

"No............ I came to apologize." He sighed again, feeling horrible. "I know you meant well, but I was scared about confessing weakness when it's programmed in us not to have any........I am sorry." Kyle said, looking at Helies with a tortured expression. He'd hurt his own family. For that, he hoped Erebus killed -him-. He considered himself no better than the evil they were trying to stop.

Helies looked as his brother and smiled. "It's no big deal......I shouldn't have pushed you like that, anyway. We both are havin a hard time with all this Erebus crap. Let's go back to the War Room and figure out a way to kick his butt, eh?"

"Sounds good to me. He's tortured enough people." He said with a tiny ghost-like smile. He'd almost forgotten how to. Back in the war room, Jody was definitely ready to bring the meeting back to order, sparing everyone any embarrassment, by not even mentioning what had happened. She figured the brothers had been put through enough hell as it was. Kyle looked like he didn't care if he was questioned, but he was glad he was spared the comments.~

Maverick felt relieved that the "episode" was over. "Okaaay! Now we can get back to the meeting! Me and Jody have come up with a brilliant plan, but, of course, it's gonna take a lot of risk and sacrifice. Basically, we have figured out a theory to kill Erebus."

"No freaking way!" Braun beamed, his eyes lighting up, "I-I thought that dude was insanely powerful?!"

"He is. But what we realized is, who he gets his power from and how. All 500+ men and women here including me and Jody have had what is commonly known in Ulterius as DNA fusion. And not just from anybody. Mostly from Landion and his wife. Basically, your DNA has to match up with thier's some kind of way, then the doctors will pretty much classify you as their next 'guinea pig'. The problem with this is, even though your DNA might match up, your body might reject it ending in disfigurement, lifelong injuries, mental damage, or, worse, death. What's so surprising is that Erebus risked his body for all this so he could hopefully obtain the power and the genes. And it worked! But.....almost too well. Apparently, his DNA has been the closest match to Liana's, and when he found this out, he has been getting the fusion ever since, getting more power than Liana herself! Also beacause his 'scientists' were able to tweak the genes to his liking making it stronger." Maverick took a deep breath and looked to Jody before he continued, "Need to add anything?"

Jody shook her head. "Nope. You covered the basics." She told him. Kyle accepted a glass of water that was passed his way, as everyone else was handed a glass of their own from another discreet resistance worker. The man left, and Kyle went back to absorbing everything Maverick had just told them. He wasn't going to be the one to interrupt the research team. Hopefully soon they'd explain in English how they were going to kill Erebus.

Landion sighed as he drank the water, "Wait.....that still doesn't explain how we kill Erebus......."

"Give the dude a sec, Landion!" Braun teased hitting his friend upside his head, and getting a punch in the arm in return.

Maverick came back with a round device in his hands. "Okay, now we continue. How this effects Erebus: Since he's been fusing his own DNA with Liana's for a good number of years now, his whole body is pretty much not his own! What do I mean? His body is mostly consisted of Liana's meddled with genes. If we can successfully infiltrate Eretiban and hold of his military, which WON'T be an easy task, we can incapacitate him somehow and do a reverse DNA fusion, courtesy of Jody, taking out all of Liana's DNA and therefore killing him, since his body won't be able to function with barely any DNA. It sounds wierd and confusing, but this is only a theory and the only possible way of killing him."

Everyone sat back to soak in Maverick and Jody's plan. It sounded foolproof, but too much of a risk at the same time leaving Helies speechless on the matter.

"........So.....What's that?" Braun asked pointing at the device sitting on the table.

The Resistance leader laughed a little. "Well, apparently, Helies and Kyle have a connection with his Datapad to the Zialon in your dimension, where we can talk with some guy called.....Fuji-something...."

Landion jumped up at this statement. "Dr. Fujisawa! He should know something about Liana's situation!......Go ahead! Plug it up or whatever!"

Kyle helped hook the program up, and instantly Dr. Fujisawa and the Zialon crystal came into view! He was impressed. He hadn't figured it would work that fast. But since it was showing the image on the wall, he glanced over at it the same time everyone else did. Everyone seemed to treat the man as a genius and revered human scientist, so he understood the respect Braun and Landion regarded him with.

"I am glad to be seeing all okay, especially Landion," Dr. Fujisawa said slowly. He looked rather tired like he had been up all day and night with his research.

Landion looked confusingly at the hologram on the wall, "What do you mean? Why?"

The scientist sighed heavily and stroked his temples. "Liana not good. Dying. I don't know how. But something is sucking life out of her. And there appears to be some sort of alternate power source coming from Zialon. I think it's Avion. Erebus has found way to make it stronger."

Landion looked down in horror. He could barely believe what he was hearing! Braun couldn't either. "Dang! We gotta get to her! And fast! Where does this dude even get all this cunning?!"

Dr. Fujisawa looked up guiltily, "Well.....from me.....he is my son after all....."

Kyle and Jody both swore at the same time... Erebus! Dr. Fujisawa's kid?! No! "Fuuuck. That's impossible!" They said together at the same time, then both hid awkward smiles! No one had seen this coming... not at all! And poor Liana was hanging on by a single thread....

Landion's mouth flew open at Dr. Fujisawa's last statement. "W-WHAT?! Why didn't you say that at first?! We could've at least knew ahead of time who we're going up against!!!"

"I haven't talked with Erebus since he was but a boy, his mother having taken him away. I don't know any more than you do. Just that I know he very capable of doing things he does.........I am not proud of his behavior, but he still my son, so I find it heart-breaking that he have to die.....But I won't hold you back. Do what you must. I must warn you, though, his step-brother is still alive, I think. Everest, I mean. But.........he not.......himself. Still very dangerous, though!"

Maverick looked at the doctor kindly. "So....nothing else? That's all you know, so far?"

Landion and Braun seethed at the fact that Everest was still alive, somehow. They almost asked how, but remembered Erebus' immense power and Ulterius-Xar's highly developed technology.

"I will go now, but, there is someone that is eager to join you all........" Dr. Fujisawa concluded shutting off the connection and leaving the group in mystery of who it could possibly be.

Kyle was curious as well, still shocked and reeling from the knowledge that Erebus was anyone's kid, let alone that nice doctor...... well, it must have just happened over time that Erebus became truly evil. It was really hard to imagine that great brute as a tiny, decent child. Jody looked just as perplexed as he was, but she shrugged, indicating they should focus on who might be appearing to help them next. Any help in this insane mission was certainly welcome.

A large portal appeared on the wall in the room, and out climbed.....Gazdreveg! The Werewolf snorted a little and shook his fur. "Those things are dasterdly. I hate them........" he complained as he walked over to Maverick.

Maverick screamed and fell back scooting behind Jody. "W-W-What is that?!" he squealed, trembling.

Gazdreveg scoffed and shook his head, "And here I thought the Resistance leader had balls.....What a wussy!"

Maverick protested to that accusation while shaking his fist, and Landion laughed and got up to greet the beast. "I'm sorry, Gazdreveg! That's Maverick....I don't think he's seen a Werewolf before, that's why he's so jittery. What made you want to help out? Don't you have your people back hme to look after? They'd be torn if soething happened to you......."

"W-W-Werewolf?"

"I came to help since I swore fealty to Liana. If I didn't come, I'd be breaking my promise, and that's what our people back home, look up to me for. My honesty. I don't know who the rest of you are, but I'm not one to play around. I get down to business. So, what's the plan, so far?"

Jody, who was just as shocked as Maverick, managed to squeeze her boyfriend's hand to calm him down and faced the werewolf. Kyle was sniggering at Maverick's reaction, but hiding the laughter through a drink of water, a lot calmer than the 'fearless leader' over there. Soon enough, Jody got right down to the subject of how they could -potentially- slay Erebus, and at the same time, save Liana. Though with Dr. Fujisawa's report, she had to add to Gazdreveg, that the Empress' chances were looking very slim. She had to avoid Landion's eyes as she said this... knowing how protective -and- angry he probably was already, she definitely hated to even bring that sore spot up and looked apologetic after she'd said the news. Done talking, she took her seat.