Uncontrolled: The Continuation

• Thread starter DJae Writer Chick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good to know." Jaylin commented climbing inside of the helicopter. She followed the scientist inside, hand resting on the gun tucked into her back pocket. Let him try something sneaky, she wouldn't regret shooting him.

The scientist searched around for several moments before grabbing a radio, a radar, a handful of wires, and an antenna. "I can make a GPS locator with this." He explained.

"Less talky more worky." Jaylin waved her hand with a stern expression. She took a seat on a stool as she watched the scientist carefully. She felt the familiar fluttering of Markus moving, her hand instinctively moving and rubbing her stomach.

The scientist worked quickly and silently. It only took him a few minutes, but the moment it started beeping, he paled.

"What's the beeping mean?" Jaylin asked suspiciously. She quickly stood up, groaning in pain, hand coming to her stomach and lowering herself back to her seat. She took a slow breath before turning her attention back to the scientist.

"P-promise you won't.. Umm.. G-get mad?" He asked, clearly unnerved. The beeping continued at a steady pace, sometimes loud, sometimes quiet.

Jaylin growled in annoyance, half at the scientist and half at the searing pain tearing through the left side of her stomach.
"Just. Tell. Me." Jaylin huffed out. She groaned in pain, doubling over and clutching her stomach. What the hell is going on?!

Liam sat their in the snow for the longest time. He didn't move. He didn't speak. He didn't even blink. He was furious. His knuckles were covered in blood. He stared into the distance as his heart raged with hate. "Why...why did you leave..." he said. He was heartbroken. He got up and stormed in the church and went to find the Scientist. He checked all the rooms and found Jaylin on the floor and the Scientist. "Jaylin!" he exclaimed. He knelt down and sat his hand on her side. "Jaylin..what's wrong." He said as he sat his hand on her face. He looked at the Scientist and stood up grabbing his throat and slammed him against the wall lifting his feet off the ground. "WHAT DID YOU DO!!" he yelled.

"Do...DONT TOUCH MOMMY!!" The voice of a little boy echoed out from Jaylin's lips. The pain was gone as she staggered to her feet. She looked up, eyes a light brown, the same color as honey. She lifted a hand robotically, and flicked her wrist. An invisible force sent Liam flying off in the opposite direction.
"Stop it! He's finding auntie!"

The scientist was extremely confused now, but starting spouting out everything be knew about Alex. "The radar says she here but I know we can't see her I wonder if it's a strange evolution thing Mya can tell is where she is the radar might be wrong I'm sorry I'm sorry I tried my best I don't know.." He sobbed, curling up in a ball. He was tired, confused, but above all, terrified.

Mya rushed after Liam. "J..Jaylin...?" She asked, confused. "Wh..what's going on?" She noticed the scientist and slowly walked over. Scientist or not, he was crying and she could feel the pain coming off of him where Liam strangled him. "Are you okay?"

He looked up and paused, glanced at Jaylin, then quickly wiped his tears away. "Mya... Can you tell me where Alexandria is?" He said, so very quiet.

"Near." She sat down, sniffling. "Do you know?"
"I'm sorry, I don't know."
Mya looked at Jaylin, knowing what she did when Liam touched the man. She hugged Liam, but he was too busy caring about Alex, Zerian was wallowing in the snow, and she was scared of Jaylin. Besides... If the scientist tried anything, she could bite him. As she decided it would be okay, she hugged the scientist tightly. "I want Alex back..." She said quietly.
Surprised, but knowing how Jaylin felt about Mya, he tried to comfort her. He rembered when they first injected her, before Alrx and Liam were introduced to her, and she cried for hours. He had been told to make her stop or be fed to the others. Of course, he comforted the young baby, unwilling to part with his life, just as he did now. "I'll find her."
Not only for them, but he needed to ask her something himself.

Jaylin, or rather Markus, watched the interaction carefully. He didn't want his cousin hurt but he also felt bad about making the scientist man cry.
"I'm sorry...don't cry. I just wanted to find Alex." Markus sniffled. He took careful steps towards Mya and the scientist, finding it strange operating another body. He, Jaylin, sat next to the two looking apologetic.
"I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'll give mommy back now but...b-b-but don't hurt her!" Markus said earnestly. Seconds later Jaylin's eyes returned to their natural hazel and she looked around confused.
"When did you get here? And who did this to your neck. Oh you poor thing! Let's get you dinner! Mya are you okay?" Suddenly Jaylin was back, the real her, and she was off worrying about everyone's welfare once again.

Zerian lay in the snow, not wanting to move.
He'd lost her, yet she was so close that he could feel her presence all around him, afraid that if he did move, she'd truly leave him, go back to her new love, abandon him like so long ago.
This fear crippled him, for not only would it affect him, but his sister and nephew as well, possibly causing irreversible harm to both their hearts and minds, making him an even greater failure.
As he lay there, he could feel the Shadows attempting to take over, yet their efforts were futile, as he soon absorbed the remainder of the stolen energy.

"Lexi, I know you're still here. If something's keeping you away, use me as your avatar, and partake of my flesh to make it your own. I don't care if I'm eaten alive by what I am, if it means bringing you back, so be it. You promised you'd be back, but you never said how or when, so tell me what you need of me, and I'll do it."

Mya clung to the scientist. "I'm okay..."

The scientist pat her head, now feeling slightly awkward. "Who's mommy?"

Jaylin sighed. Okay, Markus was so getting in trouble once he was old enough to be in trouble.
"I'm mommy." She mumbled awkwardly. "My son Markus isn't exactly....what you would call human." She mumbled. Taking the scientists hand she held it against her stomach. Inside of her Markus pressed his hand against his, knowing what his mother wanted, and sent a mental 'hello' to the man. "Apparently he likes to take control of mommy." Her voice held contempt as she looked down at her pregnant belly.

Sorry mommy. I didn't want the bad men to hurt you. He said softly. Jaylin sighed and patted her belly.

"And what about daddy?" She asked with a raised brow, sending Liam an apologetic look.

He's hurt you too Jaylin stayed silent at that and stood up. "C'mon let's get you two inside. It's freezing." She lifted the two to their feet with a soft smile. "And...sorry about...earlier..."

The scientist held Mya in his arms. "It's um... Okay.... Liam's the father?"

Mya giggled.

"Yeah." Jaylin nodded and led the man inside. She was rather surprised at how well he was treating Mya. Usually she freaked around scientist. "Stay here. I'll get some dinner." Jaylin left the two in the living room, only a few steps to the kitchen. It didn't take long to find some ingredients for stew. She used left overs from the chicken noodle soup and added to it, making it a little thicker. Not long after she returned with three bowls on a tray, one for her, the scientist, and Mya.
"Here. Again. I'm really sorry. We don't really have great experience with...people of your profession."

The scientist was frowning at Mya, who was asleep, her head against his chest. He looked up at Jaylin. "I should say the same... But I can't get subject Mya off me." He sighed.

Jaylin giggled and shook her head. "Okay for starters, if you don't want to get punched in the face, just call her Mya. Not subject Mya, not patient Mya, just Mya." Although Jaylin was completely serious her tone was kind and a little teasing. "And she likes you. Feel special, any other scientist would have been ripped to shreds." She laughed lightly. "Here I'll take her." Jaylin gently picked up the sleeping girl and laid her on the soft couches, patting her head.

He relaxed. "Umm... Okay.. Thanks?" He sounded unsure.

"Now eat. You're not passing out on my watch. It's freezing and you don't have a coat." Jaylin snapped back to her motherly nature as she handed the scientist a bowl. She looked at the door before sighing. Zach was still out there wallowing in self pity.
"I'll be right back. Don't try anything." She gave him a stern look and hurried outside. She knelt next to her brother and placed a delicate hand on his shoulder. "Zachary you snap out of this right now. It's not helping Alex. You have to get yourself together. C'mon. Let's get up." Jaylin took his hands in hers and helped him to stand. She wiped the frozen tears from his face with a soft smile. "Now come on. I made dinner. We'll find her. Don't worry."

Status
Not open for further replies.