Uncontrolled: The Continuation

• Thread starter DJae Writer Chick
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The scientist began eating, watching Mya curiously.

Liam didn't say anything as they were talking but just stared at the two. Especially at the Scientist. He looked at Jaylin as she left and then she soon came back. He got up and pulled Mya off him. "Eat, Mya. Then you can go back to squeezing the Scientist." he said as he kissed her forehead. He went to Jaylin and pulled her aside. "What was all that about earlier?" he said. "You..you left me, Jaylin and I came back for you. I.." he said as he looked at her hand brushing against hers.

Jaylin looked down. She didn't really have an answer. Well she sort of did but it didn't make any sense at all. She felt the beginning of that strange pain on the left side but pressed her hand against it.
"Markus stop it." He said sternly and it faded. Taking a deep breath Jaylin took Liam's hand in hers and held them against her stomach.
"He's...mad at you...about before. He was just trying to help." Jaylin explained the best she could with what she knew.

Mya just curled up on the couch, continuing to sleep.

The scientist finished his bowl fairly quickly and brushed some hair out of Mya's face. He sighed, remembering how sweet she used to be when she was little. Extremely dangerous, but sweet.

"I was helping my friend. And...she kisses me. I didn't know what was going to happen, Jaylin." he said as he knelt down and kissed her stomach. "I'm sorry, Markus. Okay? Forgive me." he said as he knelt back up and kissed her on the lips. He missed it. He missed her. "Look, I'm sorry but you didn't give me a chance to explain. I love you, Jaylin and only you..." he said as he ran his thumb across her cheek the way she liked it. He smiled a little. "....I'd never hurt you in that way..." he said as he kissed her again. Vane came from behind her and nudged her leg and pumped her and Liam got her. He chuckled a little but feeling her in his arms felt so good. He missed it.

Mya shifted faintly in her sleep...dreaming......

"ALEX!" she called out, giggling as she walked across a frozen lake. She paused as she saw something. Suddenly, she was thrown across the ice. A knife pressed into her back when Alex appeared out of nowhere, demolishing her attacker. "Alex!" Mya hugged Alex, but Alex was fading.
"I'll come back, I promise...I'll protect you when I'm gone...I'll never truly leave.."

Mya woke up, crying softly.
The scientist reached over to comfort her, but she pushed him away. She wanted her sister back. She ran upstairs to Alex's room, hiding under the bed. If anyone tried to get her, she would bite them. She just wanted Alex. She didn't want to be alone again...no more.

"I know, I know." Jaylin sighed. "I'm...getting over it I swear it's just. It hurt okay and it hurt Markus too. He sees what I see and he saw his daddy kissing someone else. That's hard and he's barely even a baby yet." Jaylin sighed resting her head on Liam's shoulder. She cracked a smile as Vane nudged her closer to Liam. He was a mischievous little thing.

He held her tightly in his arms. "I love you, Jaylin." he said as he saw Mya run upstairs. He knew what was wrong. He knew she wanted Alex. He was hurting too. He looked at Jaylin. "I'll be right back. Let me check on Mya and then you can be back in my arms...if you want." he said and kissed her. He turned around and went upstairs and went into Alex's room. He sighed...it smelled like her. He knelt down and looked under the bed. "Mya...come out.." He said. He was just waiting. Because he knew once she tried to bite him, he'd grab her. Just like before.

Mya shook her head sadly, sniffling. Suddenly, she could see Alex kneeling beside...only...she wasn't Alex. Mya could see right through her...but it was. She could see Alex.

"C'mon Mya..I'm right here. You can't hide, they need you. They don't know I'm here...they can't feel me."

Mya reached out towards the ghost hand, but then recoiled. "L-Liam..." she whined, her eyes locked on the form only she could see.

Jaylin nodded and offered Liam a smile. "Go make sure she's okay." Jaylin encouraged following Liam in. She stopped in the living room and looked at the scientist with a curious expression. Jaylin sat next to him and formed the question in her mind.
"You like Mya." She stated. Obviously not in that way, but it was clear the scientist wasn't like the others. "How come you're so different. You held her and comforted her. Why?" Jaylin questioned, crossing her legs.

The scientist hesitated. "Umm..well..." He bit his lip, then sighed. What did he have to lose? "Mya was created before Liam and Alexandria. She was...childish. She never seemed to mature even as she grew, like the other two did once they were created. She constantly needed someone to watch over her...and...I was assigned that job." He shuddered. "I ended up in the medical bay so many times I finally had a doctor wait for me every night when I left Mya asleep." He swallowed thickly. "Liam and Alexandria were raised together because they were essentially the same project with very little difference, so they were kept under the same conditions. Once they were a little older, we let Mya stick with them. After that, Mya no longer seemed to like me, she stuck to Liam or Alexandria, so I thought she forgot...I guess not."

Jaylin nodded. "You're kind of like her dad in a way." It was just Jaylin thinking aloud but from what she heard it was the best way to explain it. He watched over her, whether or not he liked it, and took care of her.
"You can relax you know. We really won't hurt you. Well unless you pose a threat which as of right now you really don't." Jaylin said leaning back. She sighed and rubbed her stomach, a habit she was forming. "What was the point of the virus. What are you guys even trying to do? You killed off nearly all of man kind and now these...things are getting smarter. I don't get it."

He shrugged. "I was pulled in after it exploded. Mya was my first job. I don't know anything outside of them." He was referring to Alex, Liam, and Mya. "I heard a rumor that they were supposed to be soldiers...but what's out there is more like aliens to me. The Shadows...have you met them before? Do you know anything about what they are? They've never been registered before, meaning, either they're a highly-evolved strand of the virus...or...something else." His voice dropped off.

"I have no idea what those things are. They started haunting Alex not too long ago, after something named A201 came for her. He was...different. He only wanted her, no one else. It was strange." Jaylin had decent amount of trust towards the scientist now. "What's your name by the way?"

"A201?!?" He paled. "That thing is gone, right? G-O-N-E gone?" he seemed extremely nervous now. "Craig's my name...did Alex destroy A201?" he asked again.

"Woah, okay Craig." Jaylin took his hand and patted his back. "Calm down okay. Just calm down. He's gone..I think." Jaylin bit her lip and scooted closer. Why was he so scared. "Craig...what IS A201?"

Craig shook his head. "We didn't create him...he destroyed us...he ...We don't know what he is. He's not a virus..." He started shaking, the memories running through his head. "He burned down the labs..everything. He destroyed half of us..."

"So he just appeared one day? Maybe a scientist went rogue and started experimenting on his own?" Jaylin suggested. She frowned seeing him so fearful. "Hey Craig it's okay. He's gone. He's not coming back you can relax." Jaylin's voice was soft and smooth as she rubbed soothing circles over his back, tucking him into her side, just like she held Alex earlier this morning.

He was still shaking, but he did calm a little. "No..he showed up while we were working on Alex's DNA. Liam was already created, but not alive yet. Mya was in a different center...." He trailed off, realization over his face. "The strain...the DNA strain! That's it! Liam and Alexandria had different DNA strains...there must have been something in her DNA that he wanted..." he relaxed. "As long as he's gone, we should be okay.

Jaylin blinked. "Now that you mention it...that makes sense. He was saying something like that when he was here." Jaylin mumbled thinking. She left the rest of her thoughts to herself as she just calmed Craig down. Maybe he could even be added to their little family if he gained their trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.