Two-Faced: Pray4me x Robin man

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You got it," Sylv said. "Pretty typical, huh? My life is so predictable."

Sylv wheeled it to the driveway. The tires were a little flat, but nothing that could kill them if they ran over a bump or pothole. The day was cool and a bit cloudy with the sun poking through the clouds every so often. The neighborhood was empty with no one outside or any streets driving along. It was the perfect time to sneak away without having a nosy neighbor butt in.

"When you're ready just hop on and we can get going," Sylv said as he got on the bike. "It isn't that long of a ride. While we ride we can talk about what you're going to say to get this interview."

He placed a foot on the pedal and the other on the ground, ready to kick off once Sylvester hopped on the back. Sylv couldn't help but be a bit nervous with them going into town as he expected the worse all the time.

Sylvester watched Sylv as he pulled out his bike. He noticed that he would have to ride in the back. He wasn't confident in himself. He sometimes would have self doubt. But if his clone had a second bike then it wouldn't be so bad.

He slowly climbed on the back with a nod to Sylvs idea for preparations. "You should tell me if you have any criminal history. I don't want to try to get you a job if you done a crime. It only makes job hunting much harder." He pointed out to his clone.

"And I'm ready to ride." He told him with a soft smile.

With Sylvester on the bike, Sylv pushed off and the start of their day has begun!

Sylv wasn't worried about the garage as it was on a timer to close after ten minutes. He pedaled down the road at a decent, safe speed and rounded the corner to leave their suburban neighborhood. The two lane road was along a hillside that overlooked the entire town before having to go down the slope and to it. They had a good two miles before Sylv would have to manage the bike down the steep hill and pass two intersections without getting hit by cars.

"I got busted once for jaywalking," Sylv said as he biked. "But, other than that, nothing yet. Now, if she asks you about school, just say that I struggled a bit, but I always found ways to get through it...like...I'm really good at under pressure to figure things out."

He swerved to the right to the edge of the road to let any cars pass by. His tires balanced on the asphalt, not wanting to tip over onto the gravel ground just beside.

"If she asks what I want to be, tell her a Navy fighter pilot or something. Other than that, you have full control on what to say. Just make me sound really good," he said. "And hold on tighter. I feel like you're going to pop off."

Sylv rose from the seat of the bike in order to pedal faster. From their left they could see the town down in the valley. It was a smallish town, one of those Main St, USA types. It was full of old, country looking buildings with the American flag hanging outside each business. Beyond the country-feeling downtown was the new up and coming area full of hipsters. That was where Sylv and Sylvester would be headed to.

"We're just about to get to the downhill. Close your eyes and pray because I'm just going to fly down," Sylv said.

Sylvester leaned down so he could hear him better. He nodded slowly at the jaywalking. "Alright, that sounds good to me. That's easy to work with." He said with a soft smile. He couldn't help but to just look around the town around him. Even though it was the same place. It also felt like a new world to him.

"A navy fighter pilot? Sounds good to me. And it's nice to know that you work under pressure like me." He said with a shrug. Sylv was a easy person to work with. This copying thing was gonna be easier then he originally thought.

When Sylv told him that he might fall off, he couldn't help but to grip onto his clones shirt and closed his eyes nervously. He was getting scared at this point. This was the thing he was worrying about.

Seeing that they had the whole road to themselves, Sylv rode the bike to the center of the lane to prepare for the downhill speed track. He rose higher on the bike, gripping the handles, and took a couple of deep breathes.

"Alright, here we go!" Sylv announced.

They paused slightly at the edge of the hill giving them enough time to see downhill. It was a steep decline with a sharp turn at the bottom. There were two intersections, one that led to another richer neighborhood and another that was another way out the town. Sylv bit his lip nervously. It's been a good year since he went down the hill on his bike. A part of him wasn't too sure if the old bike could survive another run downhill, but it was too late now.

The bike began to make it descent. They sailed down the hill, the world around them becoming nothing but a rushing blur as a blast of wind pounded against them. Sylv kept the bike as steady as he could. He stopped pedaling, letting gravity guide them down, but kept his foot and legs straight just in case he had to brake.

A few cars drove pass them uphill with some honking at how reckless they were on the bike. Sylv huffed and gently turned the handle on the bike to the right as they approached the first intersection. The light was turning green, making Sylv sigh in relief as they flew through it without getting hit by any cars.

A delivery truck was now behind them, the front of the truck just barely behind Sylvester as they sailed down the hill. Sylv quickly looked back and led the back to the center of the two lane road to let the truck go by. Up ahead, the next intersection was slightly blocked with cars waiting for the light. There was no use to brake since foot breaks weren't the best when it came to slowing at a top speed.

Sylv drove the bike onto the opposite lane, held his breath, and let it come down to faith if they make it through. As they sailed through the intersection, a loud, panic horn blared as another truck braked hard. Sylv and Sylvester came within inches of getting hit, but luckily they were barely fast enough to avoid it.

Knowing they were in the clear, Sylv sat back on the seat of the bike and smiled. The bike began to slow as they approached downtown.

Sylvester slowly opened his eyes before they started to go down the hill. He saw the turn at the bottom of the hill. This was making his anxiety levels go through the roof. What if we get injured and have to go to the hospital? We would need to make a better backstory to Sylvs parents when they come in and sees the both of us? They would know that they don't have a long lost nephew that looks a lot like him. He thought to himself nervously.

When they were going down the hill he gripped onto the sweater Sylv was wearing tightly. He couldn't see it, but he knew that his knuckles were white. He could feel the way that he was swaying that they were passing a vehicle. He then felt a sudden jerk back to the right and honking horn. He opened his eyes. He saw the truck that nearly hit them. He thought that his heart exploded at that point. And look at that, we nearly died. Oh my god! He yelled in his head.

When everything calmed down, he closed his eyes and let out a long and heavy sigh of relief. "I... Am not, doing anything like that... Ever again." He said softly. "Now where's this coffee shop of yours? I know where mine is, but you know the differences we have between worlds." He told him nervously.

Sylv navigated through the sharp turn and soon they cruised along the main street of downtown. He put in the bike in the bike lane and pedaled at a decent speed with the traffic.

"Guess you won't be looking forward going back uphill," Sylv snorted. "Umm, its a few blocks up and on the left corner. You won't miss it. It has a giant coffee mug on the sign."

The downtown was crowded with families with strollers walking along the sidewalks and into the small boutique shops. Most of the women had bags of expensive stuff while the men had some sort of snack or drink in theirs. Sylv sighed slowly as he biked through an intersection. The town was too boring for his taste. It was full of families with small kids. There were only a small group of people his age. Most by now would have left for college or something else.

They passed the town hall and city square with the new fountain built in the middle. The park was full of cart vendors selling ice creams, pretzels, cotton candy, hot dogs, and fruit cups. Sylv swerved to avoid a car coming out a parking space.

"Alright, we're here," Sylv announced.

They entered the new and upcoming section the town known as New Valley. It was the section full of your typical hipsters who migrated to a small town for a chance to open various businesses. The coffee shop was the first in this part of town and quickly became a staple.

Sylv stopped just in front of the coffee shop. It had a good crowd inside. All the tables inside were taken while only a few spots were left on the brick patio. Inside working the register was the owner, Sue.

"So, how are you going to do this? Go inside and introduce yourself?" he asked Sylvester.

Sylvester couldn't help but to look around this part of town. It reminded him so much of his part of town in his world. It was really nice looking, it gave him a sense of... Welcome? He couldn't think of a good word to compare. At least this world has this section of town done. In his world this part of town was still in construction. He couldn't help but to stop by and check out the construction works making new land for people to live in.

When they stopped at the coffee shop he hopped off. He adjusted his sleeves first before he looked at his clone to answer his question about his approach. That was a good question. Should he blunt and to the point, or should he be more elusive about, start a conversation? He was still thinking in the perfect approach for her.

"I think I got my approach planned out." He told his clone as he adjusted his sleeves a little. "You wanna go in together? Or do you just want me to go in by myself?" He asked him. He wanted to make sure how Sylv wanted to lay this.

"You do?" Sylv paused and shook his head. "Never mind. I trust whatever you're going to do."

Sylv leaned his bike against the building. No one was going to steal this piece of crap bike. No one ever did. Peering through the window, Sylv stared at Sue as a pink blush appeared on his face.

"What? Oh...umm...you go in by yourself and I'll be out here looking like a stalker," Sylv said. "Remember, make me sound good! But, also don't make me sound like some sort of sissy douche either."

He placed both hands on Sylvester's shoulders and gripped them firmly, nodding.

"Good luck! I believe in you my clone brother!" he cheered.

He turned Sylvester around and walked him to the front door before pushing him through. Sylv ran back to where his bike was and sat on the ground, taking out his phone to pretend he was doing something.

Sue was helping a customer at the register, handing the women a muffin and some change. Her smile was welcoming and friendly, but there was also a bit of sass in there. She placed the money in the cash register and looked up to talk to the barista tending to the coffee machines. The shop looked like it was in desperate need of staff. Sue, the barista and a dishwasher in the back were the only ones working at this time.

She looked up at Sylvester and waved him over.

"Howdy! What can I getcha?" she asked him.

Sylvester looked into Sylvs eyes as he nodded slowly. "I will not disappoint you." He told him before he was pushed into the building. He could see how this place needs to start hiring people. Now he was more then glad to help his clone out.

He waved with a smile as he walked over to the store owner. "Hello, I'm looking for a job. And from the looks of it, you may need some help." He told her. He thought stating the obvious would help him out at the start of this conversation.

Sorry if this post seems short ^^")

"Ha! Heck yeah we do!" Sue laughed. "Since I don't have nothing to do, let's have a small talk! Umm...aha! There's a table over there."

Sue walked around the counter, grabbing a wet cloth to wipe down the table of crumbs and a few drops of coffee. She also wiped down the chairs and placed back into the right position. Even with that smile on her face, Sue looked incredibly tired and stressed from being overworked.

"Mila, you'll have to take over the register too," Sue called over to the barista. "I'm dealing with a potential new hire finally! This shouldn't take too long."

Mila, a Latina women around 19 with copper hair and a slightly pudgy build nodded over to Sue and took her spot at the register just in time for a new customer. Sue took a seat and waved Sylvester over.

"What's your name, friend? And, did you send in an application beforehand? I only ask because I have to. I don't really look at them unless the person comes in person. It shows me they really want to work here," Sue explained.

Outside the window was Sylv's face plastered against the glass. He narrowed his eyes to Sylvester and motioned his head for Sylvester to hurry and take a seat.

(No worries!)

Sylvester smiled at the owner. He found it amazing that she was so cheerful for more staff, this may make this whole thing twice as easy. "That sounds good to me, thanks for taking some time for me." He told her as he followed her to the table they'll be sitting at. He saw Sylv pressing his face against the glass, but he acted like he didn't see him as he sat down across from her shaking his head in reply.

"To be honest, no I didn't get one before hand. Believe me though, I really want this job here." He told her. "And my name is Sylv Kieth, a pleasure to meet you." He told her.

"Do you mind if I ask what I would have to do working here? I honestly don't care what I'm doing, I just want to know what I'm gonna do before hand." He added, he was getting excited mentally, mostly about helping his clone getting a job. Now he won't feel so bad now.

"The pleasure is mine!" Sue crossed her legs, leaning forward with her elbows resting on the table. "If I hire you, you will be a jack of all trades. You'll man the register, make the coffee, clean the tables, wash the dishes and bathrooms, and be in charge of refilling our stock of milks, creams, coffee beans, teas, and pastries. Whichever is in dire need of help is what you will be doing for that day until I can get more staff."

Sue tilted her head as she looked over Sylvester, getting a feel of him. She liked his smile, his politeness, and his questions. He seemed eager to work.

"What can you offer me, Sylv? While I am looking for more staff, I'm in no means going to hire whoever comes here. This is a small, intimate place and only the right kinds of people can work here. We have regulars who come here to relax for the day to enjoy not only our drinks and desserts, but to enjoy our friendly and energetic workers. Can your personality handle a job like this? Are you a people person?"

Sue was prepared for more questions once Sylvester would answer. Her foot shook slightly, tapping against the table as she waited for his answer.

Sylvester nodded as he listened to her telling him what he was expecting to do here, he was repeating those task in his head so he can tell Sylv. He could feel that he almost has this job in the bag, which made him feel good n the inside.

When she asked him about what he can offer. He assumed she meant skills. "Well I'm good team worker, I can get along with any customer, but if I have to enforce order to a customer I'm to afraid to do so. I can tell that some days this is a nice and a place that you can just enjoy having friends around you, so yes, I think I can handle this." He told her as he leaned back against his chair slowly.

"And one more question. What's my work schedule gonna be like? I just ant to know ahead of time how busy I'm gonna be." This would be his final question, at least the last important for Sylv.

Sue nodded and hummed, her foot constantly knocking against the table. A smile appeared on her face.

"Good, good! It sounds like you'll be a perfect fit and eager to work here! You must be a fan of the coffee here," she laughed lightly. "Your schedule? Now wait a minute...all I said was that you're a perfect fit...I still have to think if I want you..."

She tried her best to have a serious face, but ruined it with another laugh.

"This is a full time job. So, about five times a week for about eight hours. You can chose your days and times when I give you the sheet. Pay is about $9.45 an hour including tips if you work register. You have about four vacation days a month, no pay though, that can roll over for three months. Here, let me run and get you all the papers you need to fill out."

Sue ran to the back room and thumbed through her file cabinet before running back with the papers for Sylvester.

"You get 20% off all items in the cafe and so does one friend of yours! Once you get this all filled out, come back as soon as you can so I can give you a day of training. After that, you'll be working! Thanks for stopping by for this job Sylv! You're a godsend!" Sue handed the papers over to Sylvester with a huge smile on her face. "I have to do some business stuff. So! I hope I'll be seeing you real soon! Take care!"

With that, Sue hurried to the backroom. The cafe was quickly filling up with customers, a line starting to form that reached to the door. Sylv revealed his head from the bottom of the window, sticking his face back on it as he stared up at Sylvester. He gave a cautious thumbs up, wondering if he got the job.

Reactions: Robin man
Sylvester made sure to remember all of the details for the job. Four days of vacation a month, 9.45 a hour, a 20 percent discount for him and a friend. Oh Sylv better be thankful for getting this job. He thought to himself. This job slunded absolutely incredible to him, he should check the cafe in his wolrd.

He smiled at Sue as he gave her a resoecrful nod. "Why thank you fir saying that, and thank you for giving me this oppurtunity. Ill fill these out very soon." He told her before she got too busy."

He loed st the window and he saw his clone. He walked out with a confident look in his face and you can tell in his walk that he was in a good mood. When he was outside he showed Sylv the papers. "Fill these papers out as soon as possible, get your one day of training, then you my friend will have a job." He told him excitedly.

"And, if you want to start making her like you. Fill these papers out and bring them back today. And after that, it's up to you to make her like you." He told his clone.

"Oh no way man!" Sylv grabbed the papers and read them excitedly. "Whoa! I could kiss you, but I won't because that would be like incest or something!"

A small cheer escaped Sylv's mouth. Finally! He had a job and was now able to pay off all the debts he owed and had a chance to impress the woman he liked! He had a slight doubt in Sylvester's abilities because Sylv was a pretty pessimistic guy. But he was so glad to be proven wrong.

"I'm going to fill this out right now! Hop on, the library is back at the town square!" Sylv positioned and got on his bike. "Once it's filled, we'll bring it back here and we'll head home!"

Once Sylvester hopped onto the back of the bike, Sylv pushed off and headed back to the town square. He pedaled fast, built up with energy as he couldn't believe how great the day was going. The mirror was a miracle and Sylv felt the need to visit the cemetery where his grandmother was buried to thank her. The streets were starting to crowd so Sylv hopped onto the sidewalk and tried his best to avoid the people walking. Once at the center, he cut through the middle of it on the peach colored rock trail, around the splashing fountain, and to the library that was next to the town hall. It was your common library, a modern style built around the idea of being environmentally friendly. The whole front of the building was glass, making it able for anyone to see inside the museum like library,

Sylv parked the bike at the bike parking on the side. He pushed the front wheel into the bars and shrugged. That was the best he could do without a chain. His bike was crappy enough to avoid being stolen unless someone was really desperate.

"This shouldn't take long. I'll even call a friend or something to pick us up so we don't have to pedal up that damn hill," Sylv said as he lead them inside the library and to the desks. The library was crowded with people, mostly little children, who came for the storytelling events. "Look around if you want."

He sat at a lone desk, grabbed a pen that was provided, and begin to fill in the paperwork.

Sylvester smiled at his clone happily as he passed him the papers. "Amd I would prefer of you don't kiss me." He told him as he climbed onto the back of the bike.

When they made it to the library he gladly took the offer of looking around. He was very curious to see how much different is the literature in this reality. He started with some popular works by Shakespeare. He sighed to himself in relief when he saw that Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet didn't changed much.

He then walked over to his favorite book series, The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. He loved this series to death, he had the whole series in his room, and he was currently reading through book three, The Wastelands.

Sylvester returned to Sylv to see how his progress was going through the papers. "Any luck buddy?" He asked curiously.

Sylv was chewing on the cap of the pen, staring down at the papers. He had to fill out six, the first two were about his personal information while the other four were taxes and other social security stuff. It was difficult to fill in as Sylv never held a real job before. The last job he had got him owing more money than he earned.

"Uhh...yeah I think I'm done," Sylv scribbled down some numbers and words on the blank spaces. "Yeah...yeah done! Alright, let me just call my buddy so he can pick us up at the cafe."

He lead them outside the library, taking out his phone to send a couple of quick text messages.

"You know a guy named Silver back at your universe?" Sylv asked. "You know, the 25 year old guy with his hair already turning gray and really green eyes? Well...I guess in yours he would have different color hair and probably a different name like...Onyx of something."

Slipping his phone back into his pocket, Sylv climbed onto his bike and waited for Sylvester to hop on. Once Sylvester did, Sylv took off back to the cafe.

"He's a cool guy. Saved my ass many times, but I think he's getting tired of me always getting in trouble. Another reason I got this job," in only a few minutes, Sylv arrived at the cafe. He looked inside to see Sue still missing, but another worker manning the register. "Alright, just drop it off to the lady working the register. Silver should be here when you get out.

As Sylvester would enter the cafe, a silver pick up truck arrived three minutes later. Sylv threw his bike in the bike and climbed in. He quickly explained that Sylvester was his long lost cousin, which Silver didn't really care.

"Okay yeah, anyway...I paid him off again for you. That's another $200 you owe me," Silver said.

"Alright, quiet here he comes. I don't want you talking about my troubles in front of him," Sylv said as he waved Sylvester over.

• Love
Reactions: Robin man
Sylvester nodded slowly at his clones quick description of his friend Silver. He gave a smile at the name he gave for his version of Silver. "Yeah, black hair green eyes. He keeps to himself most of the time. Me being only one of his few friends." He told him as he got on the bike.

He took the papers into the café. He told the lady at register that the papers were done, and to tell Sue to call him when she wanted him to start working. He ordered himself a hot chocolate with a coffee cake.

He had to wait a few minutes before he got his order. He paid it with the new discount, that was the best thing about working here, and the only Sylv had to do was to work hard and not mess up. He had hope in him.

He got outside with his drink and food and got into the truck. It wasn't the roomiest vehicle he was ever in, but it as a lot better then the bike. He looked at Silver and he waved. "You must be Silver. I'm Sylvs cousin. He's told me a lot about you." He said smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.