Two-Faced: Pray4me x Robin man

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's too bad it's such a crappy day. When it's clear, you can see the Caroline Islands about twenty miles off the coast. That place...such a ritzy, snobby place full of rich people and their vacation homes," Silver pulled into the parking lot and into a spot next to another pickup truck. "Alright! I hope you have your phone ready! This is one of the best spots for taking photos anywhere!"

The pier was about two miles long with the first mile dedicated to pier fisherman and kite flying. Lining the wooden rails were those fishermen, their coolers full of water and bait beside them as their line swam in the ocean below. Most were old men, but there were some younger kids skipping school to fish as well. Fishing was one of the favorite hobbies for introverts and other loners since it required minimal talking and interaction. The most interaction were from other fishers or the occasional cop.

When the two were out the truck, Silver led Sylvester down the pier. He stuck his hands in the front pocket of his hoodie and shivered slightly. There was a shockingly cold breeze along the coast, able to cut through most hoodies, sweaters and jackets, to sting at the bare skin underneath.

About halfway down the pier, Silver turned to face the town and held out his hands.

"Here it is! The absolute best spot to take a photo of CastroVille," Silver announced.

It was clear why this town was very popular with seasonal vacationers. While the downtown was at the flattest point, the entire town was built into the surrounding hills. Pockets of neighborhoods were buried into thick forests, with only a single windy road that led and exited it. On top of each hill were a variety of churches and other ground of worships, the two main being a large crystal dome belonging to the Unitarians with the Mormon castle-like church on the next hill over. Fog was trapped at the bottom of the hills, waving around the downtown area like a ghostly miasma.

The sound of a kiddie gunshot caught Silver's attention. Leaving Sylv behind, he hurried to the shooting game that was in progress with a group of 30 year old adults. Hanging were prizes, from novelty shot guns made of colorful plastic, to different types of teddy bears and other stuffed animals. The game was simple, shoot the gun at the appearing targets with a time limit of a minute.

"Pffff, nice try. Here, let me show you how a real country boy shoots," Silver smirked as he grabbed a shot gun and paid the carnie the $5 to play. "The trick is to know how rigged these games are..."

The group of adults surrounded Silver as the started bell went off. The targets, ducks with a single red dot painted in the middle, began to appear and disappear behind shelves. With a minute and about 30 shots, Silver was able to easily shoot down each appearing duck in order as they appeared, a loud 'quack!' sound to indicate a hit. He moved the gun like a robot, his trigger finger confidently pressing, with more and more ducks falling from being hit. At the end of the minute, Silver was able to hit 25 out of 30.

"Did you see that Fredrick?" Silver looked behind to see if Sylvester was there. "You have to aim a little bit to the left. Want to give it a try? I'll help you set up."

Silver paid for the next round and picked out a novelty plastic bat for his prize. He held out the gun to Sylvester, wondering if Sylvester would take it. If Sylvester did, Silver would hold Sylvester from behind, adjusting him in the perfect stance to help him to shoot down the ducks.

Sylvester remained silent during the ride to the pier. He smiled softly when they finally made it to the pier, it was so lovely compared to his versions. He got out of the truck looking at Silver with a soft smile. "So it's called Castroville too? Well I'm glad there's at least one thing that our places have in common." He thought to himself. Sylvester didn't seemed to he fazed by the cold wind, Sylvester actually loved being in the cold. "Would you like to borrow my coat?" He asked Silver the moment when that he went to the shooting range game.

He chuckled to himself as he followed Silver, intrigued to see how good he was. He was quite impressed with how amazing Silver was at the game. He found a odd inside of him, it was some kind of insurance that Silver knew what he doing when it comes to guns of any kind. He got slightly nervous when Silver offered for Sylvester to play a round. He gave Silver a nod when he saw Silver paying for another round for the game. "Alright, I'll give it a go I guess." He said as he walked over to stand.

Now Sylvester has used guns before, and he was pretty accurate for the most part. But it's been a few years since the last time he used any gun. Sylvester held the gun confidently, with the trigger in his left hand oddly enough. Sylvester found out the last time he went target practicing that his accuracy nearly doubled when he started shooting left handed. He couldn't help but softly blush as he felt Silver coming behind him to help him with the aiming part. Then the game started. At first he missed the first three ducks, but after that third duck he started hitting them easily. At the end of the round he got 27 out of 30.

Sylvester picked a small teddy bear for his prize. He looked back at Silver and smile more. "Here, you should have it." He said while holding the teddy bear out to Silver. "You did the real work, I just pushed the trigger." He added as he felt his cheeks getting warm from the blushing he was doing.

As the shooting game went on, Silver eventually let Sylvester take over with the aim. He was surprised how well Sylvester was shooting and how his stance was near perfect. This new game was more impressive than his. When the game was nearing the end, Silver slid himself away from Sylvester and cheered along with the adults who stayed around them.

"For me? Oh no you shouldn't have," Silver joked and grabbed the teddy bear to admire it. "First gift I've gotten in years."

The crowd dispersed, leaving Silver and Sylvester alone. He led them further down the pier and past several other games that held similar prizes as the shooting one. Silver stuffed the bear into the front pocket of his hoodie with the head of it sticking out the other end.

"We'll check out the Ferris wheel before leaving. I've heard they've been having trouble getting it started for some strange reason. Rumors say it's because some kid fell out of it and is now haunting the thing. Whatever it is, I'm really curious to see what's up with it."

They approached the Ferris wheel with its blue and gold lights shining dimly. It seemed to be closed with the gate to the waiting area chained, but a worker was inside the cabinet at the controls. Silver hopped the chain and snaked his way through the maze of bars to reach the cabinet the worker was working in. The two smiled and bro-hugged each other before waving to Sylvester.

"Hey, go sit on one of the baskets or whatever they call those things you sit in on Ferris wheels. We'll get this thing working in a bit!" Silver called out.

The ride had a four seat basket with a plastic cover over it to hide the passengers from the elements. Each basket was a different color, either blue or gold, alternating each color. Inside, the plastic seats were pure white with shiny specks throughout it.

Silver and his buddy fiddled with the control panel of the ride, with Silver kicking the thing in the first attempt to knock out the kinks. The engine of the ride made a loud burp sound and the wheel turned slightly.

Sylvester smiled slurry at Silver as he saw him admiring the teddy bear. "I'm glad you like it. And keep it." He said softly before he followed him down the pier even further down the pier. He couldn't help but to admire the old vibes the pier was giving off to him. He couldn't help but to admire it, he smiled as he slowly made his way closer to Silver, wanting to get close to him.

He stopped when he listened to Silver talking about the Ferris wheel. After the short heads up about it possibly being haunted by a dead kid, Sylvester gave him a unenthusiastic thumbs up. "Oh great." He said softly before Silver his way over to who must've been a friend of his. Well at least that's what he figured based on the bro hug. He nodded before he made his way through the ropes and to one of the gold baskets. He wave Silver to get over to the basket before he got inside the basket.

He snuggled himself up to the seat, trying to get confortable in the cold seat. "Brrrrr." He said to himself as he let his body heat warm up the small basket at least a little. "I hope what Silver said is only a rumor, because I don't need ghost now, especially with everything else lately, life is chaotic enough as it is. I don't need that bullshit either." He thought to himself as he waited for Silver to get into the basket.

@Pray4me Hello? I know we had a major holiday and such, and I hope you had a good thanksgiving)

Silver disappeared underneath the control panel and began to fidget with a few wires and testing out a few screws. His friend handed him a socket wrench, and the two began to mumble loudly about the mechanics of the Ferris Wheel. The wheel jolted slightly, causing the baskets to begin to sway gently.

After a few more jolts and a shout from his friend, the Ferris Wheel's engine churned on. The gears creaked and scratched as the ride began to move. Slowly, Sylvester's basket began to ascend.

"Hey! Let me know how she rides!" Silver shouted from below as he waved his friend, smiling wide with his friend. "Should be a quick one!"

The basket rose higher and higher through the misty fog, the lights of the ride trying its best to shine through. It was a gradual ascend, enough for anyone to see the entire area of CastroVille, the surrounding unincorporated towns, and the ocean beside it, but too fast for anyone to take a picture or enjoy the sight. Once at the very top, the ride slowed to a halt and the sound of grinding gears was heard again.

Alone at the top, the basket began to sway harder with the wind as a light drizzle of rain fell. Luckily, the cover of the basket kept Sylvester dry. And, the beads of water falling off the cover added to the dreary atmosphere the weather was making.

"Oh man! Hey! Can you hear me!" Silver's voice was faint, nearly masked by the wind and the rain. "Just a minor hiccup! I'll have you down in a sec!"

Silver and his friend began to pull multiple levers in an attempt to restart the ride. The ride still had electricity since all the flashy lights were on, but for some reason the engine refused to cooperate. As a basic problem solving for nearly every issue, Silver shut off power completely to the ride temporarily.

The basket continued its rocking, the weather staying the same, besides a very small break in the gray clouds. There, a white light seemed to fill that break, though it didn't seem like sunlight or moonlight. The light looked somewhat artificial, almost like a florescent like at stores. While bright, it felt dull and lifeless, lacking any sort of energy. Well, until a large bolt of what looked like lightning erupted from that break in the clouds, dangerously close to Sylvester. It traveled down, across the town, and seemed to strike the same neighborhood Sylv and Sylvester called home.

The lights of the blinked on, the sound of the engine restarting, and the ride was back in motion. Sylvester began his descent back down to see Silver watching him from outside the control panel. His smile was still there, but it was a slight embarrassed one.

"Well...I didn't expect it to just stop like that...it was a smooth ride though, right?"

Sylvester sat by himself during the whole situation, just trying to stay calm. Although the Ferris wheel is usually a smooth and safe ride in any amusement park, being stuck up here is something he not on his list of things he wants to do. Which is way he had such a heavy sigh of relief when the Ferris Wheel started to move once again. "Oh my god, yes." He whispered to himself as he sat in his seat.

Once the ride was done going, he got out of the ride as quick as someone can move. He looked at Onyx with a slightly pissed of glare. "Don't you dare, ever put me in that again." He said softly. "And if you even attempt to make me do that, be ready." He told him as he walked off to one of the food stands.

It was obvious that this was one of Sylvesters rare moments of extreme anger, he's usually pretty closed in when he was made, it was even more rare to have him explosive. One of the common things Sylvester does during his rage fits is that he gets hungry, even if he ate till he was stuffed moments before his anger kicks in.

He stopped at one of the food stands and got himself a doughboy, with some cinnamon and powder sugar on, with two hotdogs, and a double hamburger. He sat down at one of the benches that we're all over the pier.

"Uhh..." Silver held up both hands and took a single step back and Sylvester's response. "Chill out..."

He watched as Sylvester walked off to one of the food stands in what seemed like anger. All Silver could do was stay back and try to figure out why Sylvester was so mad. It was just a small delay to the ride and nothing that would put anyone at danger. Silver knew he would be able to figure out how to get Sylvester down, but he was glad it took shorter than he first thought.

The rain began to sprinkle again, forming the small puddles on the aging pier. Realizing it was best to let Sylvester calm down, Silver decided to join him at the food stand. He ordered a single corn dog, slathering it with mustard, and a giant lemon-lime soda that could quench a family of four's thirst. He walked over to Sylvester, but instead of sitting he placed his drink on the bench and opted to lean against the railings.

"When you're done, meet me at the truck. There's still much I can show you," Silver said in between the two bites it took to eat his corn dog and the single chug to finish off the soda. "Or, if you're not up to it we can go to my shop and just hang out."

Silver tossed his trash in the nearby garbage can and walked to his truck. Blocking it was a white, expensive looking SUV with a short man leaning against Silver's truck. Silver jogged over to the guy who wore a black puffer jacket, black jeans, and black leather shoes. The man's dusty brown hair was in a slick back style, showing off his round, pale face and piercing blue eyes. Silver slowed and stood in front of the man who began to argue with Silver and pointed down the pier at Sylvester.

With eyes wide, Silver furiously shook his head, his motioning quickly, trying his best to convince the man otherwise. Silver dug into his pocket and pulled out his wallet to fish out a wad of money to hand to the man. But, before he could, the man smacked Silver's hand and his hard earned money flew with the passing of the wind.

Sylvester only got more pissed when he heard Silvers word of "encouragement" if you can call it that. He kept repeating those short statements in his head as he kept eating all of his food, soon he was finished. He was about to get more food when he saw Silver walking to the truck. He did remembered that Silver still wanted to show Sylvester more of the town. The thought of doing something else made him relax, a little at least.

He then noticed someone pulling up to Silver. He watched the entire conversation in a curious anger. This man, whoever the hell he may be, made all of Sylvesters pent up aggression come back quickly. Sylvester stormed over to the two in a speed walk. Once Sylvester was close enough, he said in an angered tone. "Who the hell are you?!"

"I see I wasn't wrong. Those side effects are really getting to you, Sylv," the man said as his head tilted slightly to Sylvester.

"No, like I told you that's not Sylv. That's his cousin," Silver sighed in frustration while shaking his head.

The man dramatically rolled his eyes before turning his head away. He bit his lip annoyingly, flicking it towards a heated Silver.

"Really? I always figured Sylv and his sorry excuse of a family were shunned from the rest. Whatever, I don't care about him," the man walked around to the driver's side of his SUV and swung open the door. He stepped inside, his head peering over the hood of the SUV. "I'm won't be accepting any payments on Sylv's behalf anymore Silver. He's a big boy. He can fix his own troubles without dragging you further in. I do suggest cutting ties with that bitch. Hmmm, I know you will be seeing him today. Tell him I hope he does well on his new job. And, that he uses his pay wisely."

With a slam of a door and screeching of tires on wet pavement, the SUV veered away and towards one of the other main hills that made up the town. Silver angrily swung open his door to his truck, and yelled loudly as soon as he sat inside. He beat his steering wheel with both fists, shaking the whole truck. The money that was thrown was already long gone with some of it reaching the edge of the beach. The other was flying in the wind.

After a few minutes of a meltdown, Silver turned on the ignition and began to slowly reverse the truck. He reached over to open the passenger door to Sylv, but refused to look at him.

"Get in," was all he said.

Once Sylv would get in, Silver motioned his truck back onto the street and drove along the coast until he turned into a tunnel of overreaching branches. By now, the rain was starting to pour. Through pockets of the trees were different warehouses and garages, signaling that they were entering the warehouse section of town.

Silver turned into a gravel driveway that led to a large concrete box of a garage. The yard held multiple cars and trucks, all being held inside by a wired fence with barb wires circling the edges. For a junkyard style garage, the place was in decent order. There was no trash or rusted parts. Nothing about it resembled the junkyards owned by hoarders.

The truck pulled to a stop in a tin roof carport. Just beyond it was a small, covered patio with plastic chairs and tables that opened to a large dirt yard. Old, junked cars were scattered about covered in bullet holes.

"Take a seat or don't. Sorry, I'm just not in the mood," Silver said. "I need to shoot something."

He hurried to a locked shed to pull out a rifle.

Sylvester remained silent when he got into the truck willingly. He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes as the two young men sat in silence during the whole ride out to the shack.

At this point, Sylvester calmed down enough to think reasonably. He got out of the truck and he found a chair on the porch to sit down on for the moment. He took this moment of time to just look around, and find some piece in the world around him now. He saw a forced type of peace within the bullet riddled rust buckets.

He sighed to himself before he started rubbing his face. "Who the hell was that guy that talked to Silver? Must be some kind of drug lord... Does that mean?" He shook his head at the current thought. "There's no way that Sylv could be an addict. Well, he did act really weird this morning. But then again, it is Sylv." He added when he saw Silver walking out with a gun.

"I need to apologize now or never." He thought before he walked over to Silver. Now obviously this broke the unwritten rule of don't get into a angered person with a guns personal space, but he didn't care at this point. He got close enough to Silver, and he wrapped his arms around Silver. "I'm sorry for earlier." He said softly as he pressed his face against Silvers chest.

Silver closed his eyes and sighed deeply, feeling Sylvester holding him. He moved the gun away from them, it pointing to the ground safely. He could feel Sylvester's body warmth through his hoodie and even Sylvester's soft breaths. It made him feel a little bit better for the moment, but his mind was stuck on Sylv.

He returned Sylvester's embrace with a single wrap of an arm around Sylvester's waist, before letting go.

"You didn't do anything. Don't worry about it," he said. "I'm sorry that the day is ruined. I'm not much in the mood to be a tour guide. We can hang out here until Sylv's shift is over. Grab a gun if you want to shoot some busted cars or you can go inside the shop to watch some T.V and get some food. It'll be only us here."

He took some time practicing his shooting, busting windows and headlights of the scattered, trash cars on the grounds. With each shot, he let out an angry sigh, as if imagining a personal target the bullet would go through. At times he would look up to see where Sylvester went, almost always mistaking he was looking at Sylv.

Once done and relieved of his frustration, Silver made his way to Sylvester. His watch read, 4:30pm, almost time to pick up Sylv and the cafe. A very faint smile appeared on Silver's face as he sat down next to Sylvester.

"Are you curious who that man was?" he asked with an awkward laugh. "But, you're smart. I bet you already figured out how shady that guy is. Sylv is in a lot of trouble...a lot of trouble and I can't help him anymore."

His awkward laughed became quiet as his face went serious and pale.

"It's too bad you can't take Sylv away from here. You know, to your house far from here...he needs to start over fresh and new."

Sylvester smiled as he felt Silvers arm wrap around him. "Don't worry about that. I know what it's like to have someone changing your overall feeling in an instance." He said softly before he listened to him. "I'll just wait in the shop while I let you calm you down." He said before he pulled away slowly and walked into the shop just wait for Silver to cool down.

Once it was around 4:30, Sylvester was sitting on one of the porch chairs, watching Silver finishing up his target practice. He watched Silver sitting down next to him. He shrugged at Silver statement. "I have a rough idea on who he is. It's obvious that he's a mob boss type of guy, baisically the wrong crowd for Sylv to be in."

He then heardSilver commenting on not being able to bring him anywhere. He shrugged slowly. "Well, I can bring him along with me for a small amount of time. But I would have to talk to my parents. My dad and his dad don't see eye to eye at times. So hanging out doesn't happen too often. This is actually the first time I've visited him in three plus years." He told him.

He then leaned over and kissed the mans cheek. "If it makes you happy to have him safe. Then I will do anything to do so." He said with soft smile, and a slight blush on his cheeks. Even though this was mainly a lie, well partially. He was willing to make Silver happy, he deserved it, after all he did for Sylv.

"Can you convince your Dad to? Maybe keep Sylv for about...three years?" he laughed more. "No, but for a while until I can deal with Ryan."

His smile went crooked, thoughts running through his mind. If only they never met Ryan that day two years ago near the bus stop. If only they weren't so poor and desperate for quick cash, falling for Ryan's schemes. Now, they both owed him money. But, sadly, Sylv owed Ryan so much more.

Silver checked this watch. It was 4:45pm.

"Oh! Oh geez we have to go get Sylv!" Silver said at the moment Sylvester kissed him on the cheek. A pink blush appeared on Silver's cheek, a hand pressing the blush to try to hide it. "Uhh...you must really like me huh Fredrick?!"

He led them back to his pickup truck, opening the passenger side door for Sylvester before hopping in the driver's seat. The rain stopped, but left a mess of muddy, sticky puddles that forced Silver to maneuver around them in the lot and onto the road. They drove in somewhat quiet. Silver cracked open his window to let the smell of fresh rain into the truck, causing the gap of the window to create a low whistle sound as they drove.

"How long you stayin' Fredrick? I forgot...unless you didn't tell me?" Silver asked as he turned onto the main road that followed the coastline and into the downtown. "Because all three of us should hangout sometime. Maybe go to a bar or something? You like sports bars? Or one of those new hybrid bars that keeps opening around here? Would be great to spend more time with you before you leave."

He pulled into a free parking space in front of the cafe and jumped out. Once Sylvester was out as well, he quickly locked up the truck and walked into the cafe to see Sylv sprawled out on a chair. Sylv's nose was bright red, lips severely dry and chapped, and his eyes were half open. Rolling his pupils, Sylv spotted Silver standing uncomfortably behind him.

"...please tell me you managed to go through the day without being so obvious..." Silver said lowly.

"She said to me 'Feel better Sylv.' And gave me a pack of free tea," Sylv held up a purple box of teabags and shook it. "See Silver, I told you I can work high as shit."

"Shut up and get in the truck. You need help?"

"Nah I got it...oh hey Sylvester!" Sylv waved a hand limply at Sylvester as he stood up slowly. "You and Silver have a...uh...good day?"

"You're so out of it you think you're seeing yourself..." Silver sighed, clearly irritated. "I'll wait for you in the truck. Fredrick, help him if he needs it."

Silver left to the truck, leaving the two 'cousins'. Sylv reached out, wanting to grab Sylvester's shoulder to steady himself.

"I...I saw that blush Silver still had. You two had a...a good time, huh?" Sylv smirked, eyes bloodshot.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Robin man
Sylvester chcukled at Silver with a shrug. "Oh I don't know about three years, but I think I can have him for maybe a few weeks at most, but you may have to convince my dad about that." He joked, knowing that Silver wouldn't want to know the truth.

Sylvester couldn't help but to smile and blush when he saw Silver blushing as well at the kiss on the cheek. Sylvester looked down and gave a quick and nervous nod before he said. "Indeed I do." He whispered sheepishly before he looked back up at Silver, his own eyes winden when Silver said the time. "Yes we should." Sylvester said before he went to the truck and sat in the passenger seat after Silver opened the door.

Sylvester nodded in agreement about him, Silver, and Sylv hanging out sometime in the future. "Hell yeah, I would love that. And maybe some more private time would be nice too." He said as they made it to the coffee shop.

Once the two were there, Sylvester punched the bridge of his nose when he noticed just how out of it Sylv is now. He followed Silver inside and remained silent as he listened to Sylv and Silver. Once Sylv started talking to Sylvester, he said. "Shut up you fucking idiot." He said under his breathe before he helped his clone up to his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.