Two Different Worlds

• Thread starter Soul Breaker Sam
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Yes that is what I was thinking too :))) Jane smiled, "It sure has! How have you been?!" Rain was surprised that the two knew each other. She groaned as they got to talking because now she knew it will be forever until they went home. But she was happy for her mom, she could use a friend. When Rain turned her head tol look at Niko she saw him glaring at her, she smiled brightly at him. Rain's dad, Rick, facepalmed, at his wife, looks like he has to deal with the Chase problem. He walked up to the principle and started talking to him.

Edited: I think they havent seen each other since middle school

"I've been pretty well," Amy commented. "Just been taking in the new move slowly but surly along with Niko here, so things have been a little hectic lately. But things are starting to slow down now, a little bit anyway." She looked down at her son, giving him a soft smile, which, in turn, made a confused one come to his face, and then turned back to Jane. "But what about you? Have things been?"

Niko looked up at his mother, the same confused look coming to his face, but it slowly started to disappear. She seemed... Genuinely happy, for once, to see this woman and it made him happy. To think that he hadn't seen her smile like that in so long...
He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair then, snorting a little before he turned to look at Rain, blinking at her wide smile. "Never thought I'd see someone smile after being sent to the principal's office." At least now, with this new distraction that his mom found, the pressure would be less on him. Yes, so maybe things were turning out for the better.

Jane smiled, "Everything has been good! Well... besides today but atleast something good came out of it."
Rain smiled, she didnt want to say anything around the adults. Suddenly Rain's dad threw a glance at the two children, "Why dont you two go outside. We will all be out there shortly."
Rain looked at Niko and smiled, "Come on Niko."

"That's good." Amy said with a smile, glancing at the kids when they were addressed, giving Niko a leveled look at the mention of them stepping out of the office for a second.

Seeing the gaze, Niko sighed and stood up, waving his hand at his mom dismissively. "I'm not gonna run away, don't worry." She seemed to relax a bit at his words, though still have him a wary glace. He walked to the door and then out of it, shortly leaning against the wall right next to the door with his head resting up against it, his eyes looking up at the ceiling.

Rain followed shortly after with him. She was smiling, "Well that was interesting." she said. They made it out the door and Rain noticed an ambulance and then saw Chase on a stretcher, he was being put into the ambulance car.

Niko turned his head to look at Rain, his eyes glancing towards the window shortly after seeing the flashing lights outside. The sight made him smirk, if only because he thought the guy deserved everything that happened to him. But after a few moments he turned his attention back to Rain, giving her a smug look. "Model student my ass. What kind of girl knows how to do something like that, that easily?" He raised a brow before putting his hands in his pockets. "You do realize that you could get in some serious trouble with having kicked his ass that bad, right?" Or, at least, that was what happened at his old school. Bad consequences, probably with the law, in most all fights that happened.

Rain watched the car leave then once it dissappeared she looked at Niko and smiled slighty, "Honestly, I have been bottling up all that anger I had from him and I guess I sort of..." her voice trailed off.

His brows furrowed, a short snort escaping from him. "Lost it?" He said, finishing her sentence. It was at that moment, then, that he remembered what she said, or was about to say rather, back in the office. He paused, biting his lip before he let it go and shook his head. "What did he do to you?" Niko knew he was probably treading on dangerous waters with the question, but his overall concern for the matter outweighed everything.

Rain held her breath for a moment when he asked that question. She looked down and kicked a little pebble, "Umm well... he didnt do it... but he tried too..." she tried shaking the memory out of her head.

Niko tried to piece together what Rain was trying to say, his eyes widening when he thought me might have had an idea. But he could be wrong, he told himself; anything could have happened, or at least what ever she was talking about. "Rain..." He fully turned his body to look at her, his voice filled with concern, something he himself wasn't all too used to hearing or feeling. "You can tell me. If you want to anyway." He didn't want to seem pushy, or something who was just fishing for any kind of information. Though, now that he thought about it, it did seem a bit off to have him, someone that was new to this place, ask her, someone he hardly knew, about something that was obviously personal.

Rain clenched her fists like before and tried to keep the tears from falling. She needed a hug. Out of no where she hugged him and buried her face into his chest and cried.

Though Niko had expected her to react towards the question, something that he really didn't want to see, but he hadn't expected her to react like this. When she wrapped her arms around his middle and buried her face in his chest, her bodies shaking with sob, he looked down at her, his eyes wide more out of shock then anything. "Uh..." He raised his arms a bit, upset with his own self for having made her even cry because of the question he asked, but also angry to think that that guy, because of what he did, could upset her so much.

He sighed and wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders and then cupped the back of her head with his free hand after he got his bearing back together. "It's okay," he said, trying his best to soothe her, though the action not coming out like he wanted it to be. "Just... It happened in the past right? So put it behind you, maybe?" He didn't know what to say, or really do in a situation like this.

She found his words actually quit soothing. After a little bit of crying she blinked away the tear and gave him a small smile, "You are right." she looked him in the eyes.

Niko just stood there, looking away every once in a while as he listened to Rain cry, the sounds stringing at something inside of him. After a while he had looked up and sighed, closing his eyes for a second before he snapped his attention back to the girl when she finally stopped crying and spoke. He blinked as he looked down at her for a second, slowly turning his gaze to look over in another direction. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked it anyway." He dropped his arms then, feeling a bit awkward.

She shook her head and smiled a little, "No its not your fault. Dont worry aabout it."

"Right..." Niko turned his head and looked back down, wanting this somewhat tension, that he could feel anyway, probably because of the fact that he was still kicking himself for having asked the question when it was evident beforehand that she didn't want to talk about it. But instead of looking down at Rain, he looked down at his shirt, his eyes blinking as he took notice of the small, wet marks that was stained from her tears. He shook his head at the sight and groaned. "You wet my shirt you know." His voice feigned irritation, more amusement coming out of it than anything, as he spoke. "Hopefully it'll dry quickly, otherwise people might think I'm weird having random wet marks on my shirt."

She giggled, "Sorry about that." she examined the shirt.

Sighing, Niko shook his head before running a hand through his hair. "This has been an interesting day already..." Already at a new school he nearly got into a fight, got sent to the principal's office, and then made a girl cry. Just what he wanted to happen on his first day, right? Wrong. But nevertheless he would take it. At least it hadn't been boring.
He glanced back to where the principal's office and frowned. "What do you think they're talking about in there?"

Rain looked at the school and shrugged, "I dunno... maybe they are trying to catch up or something. Isn't it weird that moms used to be friends?"

Status
Not open for further replies.