Tree Branches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason
Kitchen > Woods
@andrew21234
Mentions: @Thingtastic , @Cats

Upon seeing Phil had finished his cereal, Jason took both their bowls to the sink, and, as fast as he could, cleaned and dried them. "Well, me and Phil are going to have a wander. We won't go too far," Jason said as Scarlet told Angelica of her plans for the day. He took Phil's hand in his own, before giving him a quick grin. He looked pretty excited.

Before his parents could object, Jason led Phil out the door and began walking through the woods. "Did you ever go to the woods before you were adopted?" He didn't know if Phil thought of his former family life was a touchy subject, but it was a good conversation starter either way. Jason himself was pretty bland. He didn't want people to use anything against him, for it to backfire.

Reactions: andrew21234
Phil
Woods
@OlympusBlood
"Um no...I've never lived near a woods before...I used to live in an apartment building..." Phil said holding the other's hand and giving it a slight squeeze as he remembered his former home. That home was where he had made some of his best and worst memories.

The best were with his Grandfather...the worst was when he died and then had no one except his mother who barely paid attention to him. He didn't like thinking about that home and overall liked his current one the best....even if half the people living in it were women...

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Jason
Woods
@andrew21234

Immediately as Phil spoke, Jason decided to drop the topic. Despite being given a reply, he could tell it was touchy because his hand was squeezed. "Are you any good at climbing trees?" he asked, looking along at the thick branches. He couldn't tell what kind of bark it was. To Jason, they were just trees worth climbing. "You get really good views from up high," he added, feeling the need to justify his question even though it was ordinary.

He was quite glad that Phil hadn't asked him what he had asked Phil. Jason wasn't sure about how he would reply. Maybe he'd get angry and have a dark moment. He shivered, even though it wasn't cold outside, at the thought of having a moment, with Phil, in the woods. He'd end up having to ditch him. He'd been very careful to not show Phil. What you're really like, he thought.

• Love
Morning - Sunday in May
Weather: 66 F/ 18.8 C

cooltext159910558151136_zpsfeg2tnuh.png

624e0f17-3f1f-4c33-95c8-f6f241f9524a-2060x1236.jpeg

Location - Kitchen
Fashion

Tagged: @Prince Shattered Charming @Cats
Mentioned: @andrew21234 @OlympusBlood @Charlie Vasilyev

Caught in her own masquerade, Angelica paused, opening her mouth then snapping it shut. "What? No--Pshhaww, what...Okay fine." Damn her intuitive kids. They were going to succeed in life, but be a pain in her ass. So much for pretending to be neutral. Then again, she was never quite good at that. She was just too damn opinionated for her own good. "You got me. I just wanted to put the idea out there just in case any of you guys wanted to go! But if you don't that's totally cool. It is Sunday after all, and we all have things to do." She gestured at everyone. "So now that that's settled, we can go back to our current tasks." She made a mental note to call her editor later. Angelica leaned against the counter, watching the kids and her husband come and go, her gaze landed on Daisy and she began to worry about the girl's eating habits. It's not like she could help how she ate, but Angelica wanted to at least try to teach her not to eat blazing hot food and grab it with her bare hands. She wondered if leaving notes around the house would help and decided to bring it up to Robert later. Speaking of her husband, "Not really. My editor invited us to a cookout, but the kids don't seem quite up to it, so too bad, huh?" Her husband knew that she didn't care for the Gallaghers but, Angelica didn't want to bad mouth the family in front of her kids.

When Jason and Phil left to take a walk, Angelica wanted so much to go with them but knew that that would only push Phil further away. For now she would hang back, but she hoped that in the future they could bond on something.

"Ooh, eggs and sausages? Yum!" Angelica replied to Scarlet. "A small plate for me please, honey. And have fun with Victoria, tell her I said 'Hi'."

cooltext159910548029980_zpssolwrhrx.png

tumblr_inline_mxilw7bQbn1rkkmoo.gif
tumblr_inline_mxilvwJqfr1rkkmoo.gif

Location - Kitchen
Fashion
Tagged: @Charlie Vasilyev

After finishing her breakfast of buttered toast and an orange, Ashley quickly went back to the porch to feed Roger. When he was done, she snapped her fingers for him to follow her like the pet store employee taught her to. When she first got Roger, she had been worried because most people trained their pets using vocalizations, but the pet store worker had informed her that animals could respond to snaps and clicking just as well as oral sounds.

Ashley picked Roger up to carry him down the stairs and made a bee line for Daisy. She knew her sister had wanted to stay out with her last night, so she was going to make up for having to sleep alone.

I found something special. I'll show you after breakfast. She signed with a smile. Yesterday, she'd come across a field with an abundance of butterflies that she just knew Daisy would enjoy seeing. Turning back to everyone else in the kitchen, Ashley signed. Does anyone else want to come see the special thing? It wasn't everyday you got to see that many butterflies all in one place after all and it would be a great surprise for everyone.

DAISY PETERS
Tagged: @Thingtastic

Daisy looked up at Ashley from devouring her food. She smiled brightly at her sister with her jam covered face and reaching over petted Roger gently on the head. She wiped her face with the back of her hand and concentrated on Ashley's hands.

Daisy knew ASL. She would use it when she was in a hurry to say something and her stutter slowed her down or when she was in public and would sometimes feel a little embarrassed about her stutter. However she had to concentrated when seeing someone else sign, especially when they were as proficient and fast as Ashely was.

Daisy nodded eagerly and grinned wider when she understood what Ashely was saying. She quickly down her milk and jumped off her chair. Daisy grabbed her cup with both hands and carefully took it and put it on the counter before returning for her paper napkin. She threw that away and turned to Ashely, wiping her face with the back pf her hands again as she waited. Ashley was still in her pajamas so Daisy didn't even think she should go put some clothes on before going anywhere.

She suddenly remembered she wanted to bring something if they were going somewhere. Her parents had bought her a little very durable camera for her birthday and Daisy liked to bring it outside with her to take photos. She wasn't very good at it, but she still found it fun.

The little girl made the 'Wait' sign to Ashley and turning ran through the house pounding up the stairs to her room. She started to search for where she'd put her camera last and found it on top of her toy chest. Her mom had put it there after finding it on the porch railing last night. Daisy had left it there after taking pictures of the sunset right after dinner.

Daisy picked it up and looked at it happily. She turned and looked around the room. What other adventure gear might she need? Daisy hoped the special thing Ashely wanted to show her was outside. She loved it when her older siblings took her on little treks and excursions outdoors. It made her feel like those explorers in the stories her parents would read to her or were taped for her to listen to during quiet time.

T18GO97.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil
Forest
@OlympusBlood
Phil had been frowning the entire time he had told the other a little bit about his backstory. When the other meantioned climbing trees though his smile returned. "I've never climbed one before, is it fun?" He asked the other wide eyed in aw that he might be climbing one of the giant trees today.

He did in the back of his mind wonder what was Jason's story since all the kids were adopted at some point in their lives. Now that he was focusing on climbing trees he forgot all about it and said, "what tree should we climb?" He said looking around for the biggest one.

• Love
Jason
Woods
@andrew21234

"For some people. I like looking out at the end really," Jason replied, smiling at his little face lighting up. "That is..." he frowned, "If you don't fall. But I'm sure you won't. I'll make sure of it," Jason felt the need to promise. He didn't want Phil to not try something because he was afraid.

"We need one with close, but strong branches," Jason told him. "It's not always the biggest, but it's always the best." He knew that a small child like Phil would look for the tallest. "You've gotta be able to hold onto it."

Last edited:
Randy
Outfit
Tagged: People in the kitchen but mainly just
@Prince Shattered Charming

The peace of Randy's cocoon was rudely interrupted when someone decided trying to imitate an elephant with its ass on fire while going up the stairs was a great idea. The teen tried to ignore the unfortunate disruption but he should've known it was to no avail, the perfect atmosphere of his warm little nest was gone. Groaning, Randy emerged from under the cover rather abruptly. "Okay, fine. I'm getting up," he huffed to no one while scowling at thin air. Pushing himself off the bed and onto his feet, the lad pushed the locks of hair hanging on his face back only for the rebellious hair to resume its previous position right away. Lucky for the lad, he had the perfect weapon to put the stubborn scum back in its place: his ever so loyal hair gel.

However, before he could start his daily war with his hair (and win), Randy shed his pyjamas and quickly got himself a clean pair of boxers and jeans before pulling a shirt over his head, further messifying his hair in the progress. Since socks were obviously for weaklings, Randy proceeded to grab his hair gel and a comb before padding to the bathroom barefoot. To his pleasant surprise, the bathroom was unoccupied so he could go on with his morning without unpleasant hindrances. Swiftly taking care of his business with the toilet, he got to the main task at hand: his annoying hair. With the help of his comb and hair gel, the rebellious hair was perfectly slicked back and as shiny as always in no time.

With his hair perfect, Randy returned to his bedroom to deposit the comb and hair gel neatly in their proper place on his desk drawer. Then the lad continued his barefoot journey down to the kitchen. Once entering the room, he was met with more of his 'family' members than he had hoped but at least the whole house wasn't gathered in there. The smell of sausages caught the teen's attention and his eyes landed on Scarlet who was busy cooking over at the stove. Nothing particularly new there. However, Randy frowned as he realized how she was dressed. "Geez, did you dip yourself in a pool of red paint or what? You look ridiculous." he pointed out bluntly before continuing to move towards the cabinets in search of something to devour.

Phil
Forest
@OlympusBlood
Phil listened to Jason's every word not wanting to miss any of the information the other was giving him. As the male described how to find a good tree to climb he looked around and saw one that met Jason's description and said, "what about that one?"

It looked like a tree that he could climb with the branches strong and close together. It wasn't the tallest so if he fell he wouldn't go far. Jason had promised he wouldn't let him fall though so he wasn't worried. He trusted Jason and knew the other male would do his best to keep him safe.

Jason
Woods
@andrew21234

"You're already half way there to being a master tree climber," Jason said. "So, what you do is you act a bit like a monkey, you use your arms to pull your legs up." He demonstrated on Phil's suggested tree, which was accurate to Jason's description (something he hadn't doubted considering the young boy was so intelligent), and he swung up two or three, before making his way back down to the bottom one, not wanting Phil to think he was rushing ahead.

"Now you have a go," Jason got down, hoping he wouldn't have to catch him. "Make sure you can get down before you go too high and get stuck," he remembered to advise, before standing back so Phil could learn how to do it.

Phil
Forest
@OlympusBlood
Smiling as the other climbed the tree when he got down he walked back up to the tree and with a grin jumped up as high as he could and grabbed the lowest branch. It took his a couple of tries to get his legs up on the branch. Once he was up he moved on to the next branch and then before he went to the next branch he paused.

Waiting to see if he would be able to make it he decided he might not be able to make it. Not wanting Jason to have to catch him he moved down the branches and got out of the tree. With a smile at Jason he said, "did I do a good job?"

Jason
Woods
@andrew21234

Jason watched as Phil climbed up the first branch, but quickly realised that he wouldn't get onto the second without the risk of falling and that Phil may have been put off. Unfortanutely, Jason didn't have time to remind Phil he was there to help, because Phil got down rather safely. At least he could get down.

"You did fine... Are you afraid of falling?" Jason questioned, wanting to comfort Phil. Perhaps there was another reason he had not ventured further, something Jason had expected from the curious younger boy.

Phil
Forest
@OlympusBlood
"A little but...I think I'll start off slow...then climb more and more as I get more exp-peri-enced," Phil said with a smile having to sound out the last word. Wrapping his arms around the ither's legs he gave him a hug his head coming up to about his bellybutton maybe a little farther.

"Thank you for teaching me how to climb trees," he said not letting go as he rested his head on the ither's belly just wanting to hug someone. He knew the other didn't usually mind if he gave him affection so he figured he was safe to just keep hugging him.

Jason
Woods
@andrew21234

"Don't worry," Jason assured, "I wouldn't let you fall." Well, not deliberately, he thought. "You're doing great anyway." He couldn't help but melt a little about how Phil couldn't quite say 'experienced'. This was why he was his favourite brother, and joint favourite with Daisy. As Phil started to hug him, Jason wrapped his arms around Phil, only realising how small he really was.

"You're welcome," he murmured, quite enjoying the mark of affection. It was his favourite feeling. The knowledge that someone cared about him with unlimited love.

After about a minute Phil let go of Jason and said, "okay...do you just wanna walk around now?" He wasn't quite sure what you did in the woods and figured walking around and exploring was a good start. They had already done the tree climbing so he figured it would be nice to just see the woods around him, but more importantly spend time with Jason.

"Jason how long have you been with here?" Phil asked meaning how long had Jason lived with the family. Phil had only been here a little over a month so he didn't know much about the family's history and who had come into it when.

"Sure," Jason agreed, not able to think of many things better to do. If there was more of them, they could have played hide and seek or war games. He didn't bring them up, since he thought it would be nice for him and Phil to spend some time together, mostly so Jason could know what kind of things they shared opinions on.

Being asked questions normally frustrated Jason, but this particular one never really got on his nerves, as most already knew the answer. "Umm... nearly three years now," he took a moment to think. "I was fostered but then I was adopted." He hoped there was no follow up questions involved in Phil's curiousity.

Phil
Forest
@OlympusBlood
"Oh okay," Phil said with a smile as he held the other's hand while they walked in the forest. "I used to be a foster kid too...after I got caught," Phil said sadly as he remembered being caught stealing.

Since he had been so young they hadn't charged him but his mother had abandoned him so he went to a foster home. They boys there were a little older than him and weren't very nice to him at all so he mostly played by himself.

Jason
Woods
@andrew21234

Caught.
It was an unfamiliar word on Jason's tongue. He was never caught. He never told. He decided to not show any interest in what Phil actually got caught doing, to prevent being asked the question. "I like being adopted better," he admitted. Being a foster child reminded him that this could only be temporary. Adoption was permanent. Jason thought about his father, and wondered if he wanted it to be permanent. A look of confusion put itself on his face, and he used the question he didn't want to really ask as a cover-up for his mental debate.

"What did you do?"

Jack
Kitchen
@Prince Shattered Charming

Jack turned back to the contents of the cupboard when Dante spoke. By the sounds of it no one cared for the Gallaghers, including Angelica, so there was no point waiting for his 'mom' to answer an already answered question. His thoughts moved on to what Jason had said. The bugs had not gotten him too bad. For the first few minutes he had not minded watching the mosquitoes grow large on his blood, but once the numbers grew he could not stand it anymore. What made his blood tastier than anyone else's? As thought provoking as that question was there was one other question that deserved more attention, and that question dealt with laughter. By the looks of it the laughter was a mix of amusement and happiness. The amusement he could understand. If it had been someone else getting attacked by mosquitoes he would have found it amusing. The happiness, though. That eluded him. Happiness was an emotion that if he ever felt it it was very fleeting, and made it so he did not understand what the laughter was all about. That did not mean he would never be able to understand laughter, because there was another type of laughter that he understood fully, and that was where the happiness was replaced with contempt. That was laughter he could use.

The smell of sausage snapped Jack out of his thoughts. He looked around at who all had entered the kitchen and wondered how long he had been spaced out. Long enough for Daisy, Robert, Scarlet, and Randy to show up, and how the noise hadn't snapped him out of his trance before the smell of food did he would never know. Still in a slight daze Jack looked towards Scarlet since he was sure she was the one cooking the food. "I would like some, please." It would save him from having to find something himself. He made his way over to the table, and as he was passing Randy his nose wrinkled when he looked up at the older boy's hair. Why did Randy always need to put gel in his hair?

Phil
Forest
@OlympusBlood
Scared the other would thinking badly if him but not wanting to lie Phil said, "I...I...I s-stole...I was h-hungry and m-my Mom didn't feed me much." Once he got those words out of his mouth he stopped and started crying, ashamed of what he had done...

Letting go of the other's hand he held his face in his hands. He had always been ashamed of what he had done but he had been so hungry. Ever since he had been called a criminal he had thought of himself as one, a dirty filthy criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.