Traversing the Unknown

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Athwyn had stayed still as long as she felt she was able to considering the situation - and she didn't know what it was, hence the inability to stay still for long - but when she heard sounds from the direction Danny had gone in, her concern rose a notch and so did she. The human was unsure why she felt almost nervous as she left the firelight and went into the outer circle of darkness - other than the fact that she hated the dark - but there was a current of unease, of tension or something dangerous in the air and human she might have been, but perceptive she was as well. She searched out the familiar form that she knew and smiled a little when she found it....only to stop when her mind registered that something was wrong.

The silhouette of the head wasn't right. Not at all. The shoulders weren't completely correct either....nor were the hands and the sides. Little things that were off on the latter three, but the head... And the height. Wyn realized abruptly that the height of the form she peered at in the dark was completely wrong and she inhaled sharply, instantly scared, but unsure whether she wanted to scream or run and so doing neither.

And the longer she waited to do one or the other, the less each inclination became until her heart rate steadied out again and the woman drew her brows together in thought. She took a step forward then, head tilting and spoke quietly, taking a step of faith and not even sure why she had to. "Danny?"

She couldn't really see him, but if it WAS him...something was very, very different.

Trying to come up with a good valuable reason to at least approach her in such a state, apparently she took the time to do that instead. Listening the shuffle of feet move along the ground, a curse entered his mind nice and quick and entirely inappropriate for this time.

A sharp breath and he instantly pinned back his ears waiting for either her to bolt or scream. Honestly the bolting he would have preferred as screaming well.. he was certain he would have ringing ears for a week if that happened. Standing watching her, seeing her features far better due to his own heighten vision in the dark, his brow pinched tight when she didn't do anything but stand still.

Twisting his frame around fully heaving out a exasperated grunt, he rubbed a hand to his brow. He had many things to say and then none at all. A disoriented mess through his thoughts trying to sort which and what from whose and that's, a palm came to drop gently to her crown. "Come on now," the duo tone rumbled substantially thick in his chest as he kept behind making sure to direct her appropriately towards the firelight at least until it was visible. Then he let her take her own path. Minding his own direction tossing aside the gear he had removed to where he had put down the pack earlier, a inflate of air in his chest again and he threw a side look to her or well, down and to the side of her. "Yes I know I have much explaining to do. Believe me, I am trying to wrap my brain around all this to coherently explain it."

The touch created an instant calm in Athwyn. She knew that touch. Whatever had happened, whatever was different about him...she knew she could trust that touch. In that moment she knew he was still Danny even as she could FEEL something had changed. It was still Danny, though. Her friend. And her friend wouldn't hurt her. His tone was unfamiliar until she drew it back to the same voice she'd heard on the ship and Wyn felt her curiosity grow tenfold as they made their way back to the camp and he remained behind...as if he didn't want to be seen.

So naturally, when he emerged into the firelight, he was the first thing her eyes were drawn to. The changes made her green gaze grow wide, but it wasn't in fear. No, the fear had fled along with the touch. It had been something he'd done completely right even if he'd never realize it. The human let her attention wander from his fangs, something she felt a slight tinge of unease about until she remembered that Danny wasn't like a vampire and then she moved on, taking in the claws with interest and realizing how gentle he'd been when he'd touched her head. Her green hues went from the horns on his head to the horn spines wrapped around his sides and shoulders then. She found herself admiring the color for a long moment and it was in that moment that Wyn started to smile, understanding at that point...she didn't care.

The human approached Danny then and she went around his back, looking in awe at the spikes along his spine, resisting the urge to touch them, before she came around to his front again. He was huge. She could no longer touch his face, but she placed her hand on his stomach, just to get his attention, being sure to keep the contact light, and Wyn looked up into his face with the same soft smile she'd given him a hundred times before.

"Why don't you simply start at the beginning."

Correcting his attention to fall fully to her the nervous twinge in his gut and behind his eyes at how she was looking at him made him well... awkward. He went from a place where this was no different than the dirt itself to an out and open space where it could have went either way.

Following her with his gaze alone as she approached seemingly and actively curious about the spines upon his back, he was beginning to wonder if she was trying to approve of his appearance. He might as well been standing in front of hundreds on lookers with how he was trying to keep an air of humility though it was quickly rising and blossoming into a full thrown anxious swirl of worry in his entire being.

Refocusing his focus down upon her snowy crown as she was clearly trying to get his attention, a twitch of his upper lip and he decided to choose the path to at least balance himself on the balls of his feet rather than loom over the human woman. He honestly didn't need a crick in his neck now.

Catching the recognizable and sincere smile upon her pretty human lips, hands drummed to the ground helping keep his balance. "Start at the beginning?" he repeated gently listening to the two tone voice of his own rumbling around a vague nod touched his chin. "As corny as it sounds inside my head and I know how much more silly it will sound as I say it," a tap to his chest and Danny shrugged. "This is how gremlin elves look. This," another gesture to himself, "Is how I look normally, what you see before is what I am certain is called in your culture as glamour. It's natural for us. We were once full elves but many stories and many more lies, somehow my race is beyond the state of just elves." Snake like eyes studied her carefully, gauging many things. "I can hold a glamour for months without problem. Most can, some longer some shorter. Though the hold drastically shortens when we are provoked, I've been.... struggling since the Siren touched a sensitive subject in my memories. I was trying to hold off the switch over until we reached the tree top city, so you can rest and I could handle all this." he looked rightfully ashamed. "Holding a glamour too long makes me quick ill, apparently more than I ever knew. It is like when store something in a container hoping to keep it fresh for a longer period but even after a while, the thing inside the container spoils and it can make you sick. It pretty much the same principal."

"I am a fairly barbaric and feral race, Wyn... I didn't really want to have this come out and well... startling you for a nicer term. Especially considering my race is fairly... aggressive."

She appreciated that he came down to her level - mostly - and Wyn watched him just as closely as he seemed to watch her. Her eyes traveled over him as he spoke, once again taking in the new features with the knowledge she now held of knowing that this was his true form. It wasn't drastically different from the way he'd looked before, but Wyn was more than aware that it wasn't the way he looked that seemed to have changed so much; it was his demeanor. He seemed far more wild to her, something deadly in his gaze, like a tiger that watched its prey for however long it took to attack at the right moment. He held a power and a new kind of flow to all his movements, something memorizing about everything he did.

Or maybe that was just her opinion.

Athwyn brought her gaze back to his and at his last few sentences, a lopsided smile appeared faintly on her lips and she reached up, touching his face, the markings around his eyes with a steady hand. "Do I appear startled to you?" she asked softly and then shook her head, brushing his hair back affectionately and letting her fingers touch a horn, trailing down to follow the curve before she looked back at Danny.

"I care not how you appear. You are still you and you might say that you are barbaric and feral and aggressive, and perhaps that is true, but I know my own truths about you. You are kind and funny and passionate about life, you strive to do what is right, to be compassionate and patient and understanding. You can not tell me that is a glamour, Danny. Perhaps I do not know everything about you....but I know enough of what is important."

She touched his face again and leaned up to place a kiss on his forehead before she pulled back again. "I know that you are my friend...and nothing has changed about that."

Much like when she had been so interested by the marks on his right side of body back in the port town, he really didn't care that she touched. If anything and how silly it felt, he rather have her curious and touching than being horrified and aghast.

Though his gaze narrowed letting out a bit of a growl at her, "Startled now, no. Before, yes. And that is putting it gingerly, from where I stood and what I seen I was waiting for you to bolt with a scream. Though I am eternally grateful you did neither, especially screaming." an ear flicked idly, "I'd prefer not to have a ringing in my ears for days to come. And I have a good feeling you have a healthy set of lungs."

Rubbing a hand to trail one side of his face, he smirked a little more leisurely though while compassionate it held a lot more of a primordial twist. Accepting her words easily though again much like the other time she had kissed his cheek, a bashful nature flitted quickly forcing his gaze to be directed towards the ground cursing the heat in his face. "Still," he cleared his defined tone, "I ought to apologize for not being open about this earlier. I've heard many rumours of what sort of creatures many mortals consider monsters. While that could be accurately stated with myself," he had done more than his fair share of ill deeds, "I was not so sure you'd be appreciative to know what I appeared as and what I am really are different." a firm nod of his head and he tilted his gaze sideways again, glowering more so in a bitter distaste; "If that-" a angry sigh and he looked back through his peripheral at her. "What was is not important, best not dwell on what happened previously. I still have much to do right now as is," he pushed himself back up to the towering height swatting one of the lowered branches aside, "Trying to revert is going to take some time and honestly I'd much rather you go to the tree city tomorrow without myself until I get back into the guise state."

Wyn raises a brow at his last statement, storing away the words from before to address in a moment or two, and she crosses her arms as she looks up at the towering gremlin. She's nothing but a small doll compared to him and yet her demeanor radiates with a courage and will that is more than a match for his own. "I think you're out of your bloody mind if you think I am leaving you here alone. Besides, you still have a lot to teach me and it's not like others looking for the God's Gate aren't going to be passing through the city as well. I highly doubt many of them have a human in their possession." She spouts off the logic like its nothing and then tosses her head just slightly to get the hair out of her eyes as she holds his stare.

"As for the startled bit - I wasn't scared of YOU. I was scared of what I didn't understand, when I thought it wasn't you. There is a difference. And I don't know what I consider a monster unless it be a vampire. I've never seen a monster and you don't strike me as one, and you never will. So stop growling at me."

She scolded him at that last bit like one might a child and then moved closer to the fire and plopped down, laying back and turning her head to look at him, hair sprawled all about, a smile back on her face. "You look rather amazing to me actually."

Stoking the fire listening to her before the unusual sclera moved with the black irises to her as she began to try reason with his motives, he knew she had more than a few valid points. Namely the other beings looking for the gate and her being a human. A rare treasure and one that had to be reminded to himself that others would kill over. She was literally a hot item right now and that meant he had to keep more of his reasoning with him.

Then started the scolding bringing him to give her a toothy grin, "Has anyone told you that you are about as stubborn as a mule," he lifted his brow pacing somewhat trying to bring back his focus to what they had to be doing and the fact that they should be starting to settle for the evening. Meaning her a bed roll and blankets, not to mention -flexing a hand testing its limits with a private grin to himself- he could go actually hunting and not have to worry. Actually that sparked a hot drive into his gut that was quickly simmered when he heard her speak. Having rested down on the ground, a smile upon her lovely features and he was giving her a look as if she sprouted two heads. "Amazing? I dare say I don't know whether to be embarrassed or insulted to that." Danny rumbled, more of the uncultivated aura coming out in waves welcoming him back in the warmth of himself. "I suppose I ought to accept it as you are a very curious and strange girl, but in a very good way. Works well with your pretty face," stepping forward he peered out into the swampy scenery, ears moving gently as he seemed to be trying to sense something close by.

An at long last loud audible growl came from his gut from not having eaten in the last few days due to being on the border of illness due to his own stupidity, a throaty growl stemmed up as well. He was inclined to go out looking and searching for something to fill the void but he stopped the impulse, let the almost glowing gaze set to the young human as he reminded himself he still had to make damn sure she was safe as well.

It pained him to do so as he gritted his teeth. "Come, as much as I am not inclined to let you see what I do in this form and how I behave, I'd much rather since you pointed it out- keep the attractive human within my own possession. Just don't judge me."

Last edited:
He was utterly fascinating to watch. He had the grace of a wild animal - a predator at that, probably a feline if she had to pick one - and the expressions and emotions of an intelligent, sentient being. It was a curious mixture to the human and she was drawn to it like a moth to flame. His rumbling voice couldn't help but make her smile, green eyes taking in every expression and movement. This was Danny, but so much more, too and for the first time she felt like she was getting something close to the whole picture of who he actually was. This was more HIM than she'd ever seen him, she could feel that, hear it, see it and it pleased her.

She snorted at his compliment wrapped up in teasing and sat up when he seemed to come to attention for a reason she could not pinpoint. There were so many cues to learn from him now, so many things to relearn and now Wyn paid careful attention to his behavior, coming to realize that there was no threat present, but merely a watchfulness and anticipation from him. It made her relax her own tense state and then she lifted a brow when he addressed her.

Athwyn didn't comment as she rose and went to her shoes, pulling them back on and then she went to his side, tilted her head and looked up at him. Sometimes she was not sure whether he actually thought she was as pretty as he kept saying or whether he was simply teasing and saw her as nothing but a child he needed to protect. And for the first time, she actually wanted an answer to that thought. She knew she wouldn't get it now, though, and so simply focused on what was going on.

And what happened was that Danny led her blind self through the dark forest around them, a hand always on her shoulder, a touch directing her away from something she might run into or a wrist offered when he took the lead. She was never without contact from him and it kept her calm. She'd never said anything about it, but Wyn was scared - very much so - of the dark and this...was something she'd never have thought she could do.

There was a thought that she might decline to coming along side with him that was quickly dashed aside when the human rose to put her shoes on and came looking up to him. She was petite in general but it really reminded him how much his stature was in his real state. Even among his own general kind, his height was still a bit of an oddity and it he used it well to his advantage.

Those big green eyes watching him with a delight and a curiosity innocent and alluring all at once, he straightened out his frame further again trying to probe the boundaries close before he dropped his grasp to rest around her neck. She didn't ask how he was going to direct her but he had a good idea and it only became alarmingly needed when he started to catch the slight wafting fear that was coming from her. As much as he knew about Wyn, her fear of the dark was new. She never spoke of it and in turn he made a stronger commitment to keep her within reach constantly making sure she felt to know where he was or vice versa.

It took a bit of time before he made a gentle pushing motion forward hearing the slow lapping water moving against the stones and soft sand; moonlight opened into a wide space of the swamp basking it in a open beauty of silver and mirrored water. Originally he thought about lurking in the dark for what they could possibly find but knowing that she was nervous, he didn't want to keep her in there. Putting the palm of his grasp to her crown, gently caressing it in a praising way, he glanced down to the water's edge. He didn't explain what he was doing but padded his way into it without a care, eyes watching and seemingly catching something of interest to pull his focus.

He stopped himself from actually lunging forward feeling the pull and hunger of his own stomach, he turned to look back at Wyn. "Alright my little lass, you want to learn then you will learn." reverence was in his tone even as it held its harder double voice tone. "The waters are clear from predators this night but the fish are ample and looking for the bugs in the air. Best time for fishers to come looking for a meal." another growl from his stomach and he sighed heavily getting more annoyed at himself for not just jumping right in. He hadn't explained it yet to her and he wondered if she was curious about his own habits, he didn't know how he would say he devoured his meals in the blue variety. As much as he enjoyed the real food in his elven form, he had no patience for it this way.

Again eyes turned back to her, "Think you are capable of being a huntress? Otherwise I am going to eat my fill and I won't promise anything left." he smirked letting the fangs show fully in their long state, he paused briefly whipping his frame around and lunging forward splashing in the water for a time, before stilling his grasp and holding the meal hostage for a moment. A drive to snap it up and he stopped raising a brow to her making it more of a demonstration than actual meal. He released it before letting out a heated growl of his own easing with a hiss.

How he could think he was a monster was beyond her. Oh, he'd not said it, but she knew he'd meant it that way with his own reaction to her studying gaze, his comments about how the world viewed monsters and gremlins specifically. He thought himself some horrible creature, but Wyn couldn't see it. Not when he took such care with her, when he was gentle and patient and praised her clumsy ways in the dark. And he caught on to her unease rather easily, going out of his way to bring her to a place lit up by the moon and Wyn smiled, watching as he waded into the water.

He explained what he was doing to her and Wyn only tilted her head at him, not responding as she watched his body language, heard the growl in his middle, noted his facial expressions even if he didn't realize he was giving himself away. She didn't understand why he was doing this to himself and when he smiled - well bared his teeth more like - she only raised a brow and felt better when he actually started to do something.

The fish in his hand made her smile, but it evaporated when he let it go and she gave him a puzzled look that turned into exasperation. The way he growled, hissed it almost felt like it hurt something in her chest and Wyn shook her head, speaking from that place. "Stop trying to teach me. Now isn't the time for it. And stop worry about what I am going to think of you." She spread her hands. "You're going to eat the fish raw. You're going to do that many times until the ravenous hunger inside you that you've been suppressing is satisfied. It's all right."

Green eyes met his snake-like gaze earnestly and without fear. "Eat, Danny." And with that she simply sat at the edge of the silver water and loosely wrapped her arms around her knees, resting her chin on her legs, content to merely wait.

Working his jaw contemplating arguing against her point, he drew his gaze down to the water again. It was strange honestly... he was so predetermined to believe that she might think poorly of him and it kept rising up time and time again. Yet she didn't seemed remotely fazed but rather encouraging. Something in his chest sparked to that and he was more appreciative to it than she'd probably ever know.

Another look to her, a intake of a breath and he turned his back towards her. As much as she said and was lightly scolding him, he still wasn't so sure about it but he'd comply. Especially when his own mind was starting to snap and bite at his reasoning.

Hesitant for quite a while as he was moving around scanning the clear scene of the water, occasionally lifting his eyes up to the moon above; eventually the primal aggression in his heart and gut alike took over. Letting the reasonable mind take a time off and him to plunge eagerly into ending the plight of his own core. How long that took, he really had no idea but he did as he needed, as she encouraged and paying little heed for a moment to her watching him like an animal.

Exhaling a little lighter when he felt probably a thousand times better splashing the water to his face to rinse off any blood there, drinking his fill while he could having more of an immune system than most would, he lingered a moment before snatching up another scaly thing and flung it right out of the water. Letting it land on the shore line, he cleared his throat letting the distance close before rising himself up and out. Tussling his wet hair trying to dry at least that - the rest he didn't care about- a bend at the waist grabbing the slippery thing that at least she could cook up for herself, he lifted his stature up proudly. More of his focus prickled over her, taking more of an unfamiliar longer look over, easily looking more about her rather than pinning his gaze to upon her. Rather he was taking consideration of her as a being, the volley and fall of her frame, those big green eyes he knew he had a certain affinity for, the gentle nature she possessed, all of it with a firmer consideration. Nodding to interrupt his gaze. A softness took well to his features, "Thank you Wyn." appreciation evident in his tone, he was still embarrassed to the whole thing but he did feel better. "You've been more patient than I've ever peg anyone to be, perhaps I don't need to state it, but I do appreciate it." his free hand came to pat her crown again, "You're a great heart, call myself lucky that you're with myself."

Tipping his gaze back, he scouted the area with a scanning look. "I think we can skirt around the edge here and it should lead back to the main pathway so we don't need to go through the dark. Alright?"

She'd not looked away from his hunting for a short time and while some part of her did indeed find it a bit gross to contemplate actually eating something raw like that, more of her knew it wasn't as uncommon as he wanted to believe. Every creature she knew hunted and ate things raw, and even people did. It was usually in desperate situations where they'd starve otherwise and for a sacred ritual in some cases, but it still happened and as soon as she shoved the slight squeamishness away, Athwyn found that she didn't mind his actions at all. After a time she took to laying down on her stomach, head cradled in her arms, half-dozing as he did what was natural to him.

It was only when the fish hit the shore with a wet slap that she came fully awake and Wyn sat up even as Danny was coming back to the shore. She watched him, able to picture him as nothing less than an exotic creature - and that word wasn't used as a slur - she had the privilege of interacting with, the luck to be on friendly terms with. What he saw in her, she did not know, but she saw more in him than he'd ever accept, of that she was sure.

As his unique eyes raked over her, Wyn stayed still, not scared or nervous, just waiting for him to come to whatever decision or thought he was trying to form. His gaze made her strangely warm, but she didn't feel embarrassed, nor the urge to blush and she only smiled at his thanks, finally standing, tiny compared to him but not minding and minding even less his touch once more. She could get addicted to that in the strangest of ways.

"You're welcome, but I truly didn't do much, Danny." She was glad he was happy with her, that he felt better, but she didn't see how she'd done anything remarkable. She knew she was naive, but....that was part of who she was and that acceptance that could be both a weakness and a strength easily embraced Danny. Green eyes followed his verbal map of their path and Wyn merely nodded, glancing at the dark forest - or was it categorized as a jungle? - at her back with an uneasy shiver. The moon above made her white hair glow brighter than the silvery water around them as she gave Danny a smile though. "All right." she agreed easily and started to walk, following where he directed.

Soon she was yawning widely and the human all but stumbled into their camp when they made it back. She rather happily sank down to the ground near the fire and laid on her stomach once more, stretching lazily like a cat before she let out a sigh, eyelids heavy even though she knew she should eat something....get her bedroll... It all seemed too tedious at the moment and Wyn smiled to herself, curling a bit into her own frame without actually curling at all, content.

Scouting the area they had set up for the night or rather they had paused for the evening in; a slow venturing gaze moved around before hearing her yawning only to get comfortable on the ground without actually setting anything up for herself. Taking the motive himself to stoke and prod the flames encouraging them to rise and cast out the light pushing the at bay for a time longer, the slow pull of a smirk to his lip as she seemed more exhausted than he originally pegged her for.

Then again. They had been walking for quite some time in the past couple days, stopping not so often due to the mainly different moods and changes between the pair of them, it would be enough to make anyone tired enough not to care where they slumbered.

Still.

Grazing about close enough to see even when he passed further into the fading light of the fire, moving here and there before tending to something else; he wasn't so common with the idea of cooking in any form but he knew enough. Helped when he had his experience and his senses to guide him around. Finding the large palms with something he heard Wyn call paisley growing wild close by, he took to gutting the fish away and making certain the leftovers were disposed of further away from them in case a curious creature found the smell too hard to not be tempted by. Rolling the scaly creature into the palm and letting the paisley sit inside putting it close by not in the fire, it would at least be something for her to eat in the morning. Not glamorous in the least but something.

Throwing a curious look to her before he took to his next self appointed task; pulling out not only his own bedroll and blanket but hers as well. He wouldn't use anything of his own this night and honestly he didn't mind. Stacking the two bedrolls upon one another and using one of the blankets as a bottom cushion, sliding it close to the flame but within a moderate distance, black pupils directed their attention to the lying human.

Mulling it over a brief moment debating his actions, throwing aside that momentary consider - she could chide at him later if she was candidly bothered by it- shuffling carefully his footing the gremlin easily scooped by the petite frame into his grasp putting her effectively into the blankets and comfort. Flipping the top blanket over he nodded assured in his own stead feeling more accomplished to the moment. He remained closed at hand, sitting upon the ground resting an arm over top a knee watching the flames dance back and forth; playing more guard than anything else, he was listening to the world around with firm dedication.

He'd eventually lay down himself taking more to his stomach than his side or back knowing the pain that could leave himself with. The hard spines proved to be sore and tender upon the skin if he did either and it was many years of teaching himself not to be a tosser and roller in his natural state.

When he finally nodded off, he wasn't sure but he certainly knew when he was waking up. The night was welcoming, the morning... it was annoying. Birds were loud and squawking, furry creatures that Wyn said were called monkeys echoing through the trees and he was up before the sun. Something that rarely if ever occurred. It left him a little cranky but it'd work out of his system during the day. He thought about using the time to be more productive but that proved in vain. Rather he took more to slumbering on and off being awoken time and time again. Even the thought of leaving and moving along early came as an idea but he attempted to meld and pull back the guise of his previous stature with great failure. That alone was frustrating enough and told him it was going to be a few days before he could return. Much like an over extended muscle needed rest, he had to rest the glamour state appropriately before it could be used. Whether he willed it or not.

Cradling his chin in his arms lying on his stomach, his gaze was open hooded watching the open scenery debating a few ideas to what they could do for the time. Though he was more curious to know what Wyn's thoughts were to this whole thing, as accommodating she was to his stature, he had a good feeling it wouldn't be so warmly welcomed in Jor'lyn.

His moving her the night before hadn't bothered Wyn at all - in fact, she'd found it kind of sweet and it only fueled her belief that he couldn't possibly be as horrible as he wanted to believe - and she gone to sleep quickly. It wasn't just the keeping up with Danny's long strides in the last few days that had exhausted her, but also the mental energy of thinking everything through this night and the fact that she'd not been sleeping all that well for the last few nights as it was. Now she slept in because he didn't wake her and when the human finally did start stretching her limbs, it was languidly and she blinked into the sunlight and the noise without problem. Her thoughts, however, went immediately to Danny and her eyes sought him out, finding him easily. Once her gaze rested on him, a smile came to her lips.

It faded just a little into a worried frown as she immediately sensed his mood and the woman pushed her tousled her back from her face and got up. A quick 'shh' sound ensured that Danny would not to do the same as she held up a finger to him and Wyn plopped her much smaller frame beside his shoulders. Without hesitation she reached out then and started to run her fingers through his brown hair, at first patiently working out the tangles and when that was finished, simply playing with the locks and massaging gently at his scalp and around the base of the horns near his forehead.

She continued like that in silence for a time before deciding to speak, her voice even and low, somehow sensing that the pitch of anything else might bother him if his twitching ears were any indication. "What's wrong, my gremlin?" She hummed a bit softly after the question, the motion of her fingers never ceasing, always a constant pace and gentle. It was not that she viewed him as an animal in need of soothing, but rather....his wild nature seemed to need it and she was willing.

Curious sights opened to watch the rising young white crowned lass with a queued interest. He wasn't about to go waking her until she felt ready though he started to push his weight up only being hushed by her. Stalling his progress with an inquisitive stare, hunkering back down attempting to keep an alert focus to her, he hummed in question at her methods.

She never ceased to surprise him, little things that weren't so common and they way she behaved had him almost -practically- clay in her hands. Though he had to admit he sort of felt like a pet at the moment. Did that force him to move away? Nope.

Hearing her break the silence, willing his basking gaze open again -surprisingly difficult- a hand lifted to ruffle and rake back the rich brown crown. A deep breath inwards and an eye was back to watching her, albeit a lot more sluggishly. "Contemplating what our moves are and how to go about them." hands went under his frame pushing himself up attempting to work off the lull she managed to create, Danny corrected himself to sit properly partially crossed legged, rosy orange eyes laid ready to her frame. "We need to stop in the tree top city, for another map and possibly more rations. It's fine when I appear normal like now, meals aren't so scarce but after that, it is." a hand rubbed along his cheek, he smirked a little gently though it was a little difficult to master with fangs always there, he tilted his attention away. He didn't know why but he had a momentary spurt of a fondness ripped across his chest directed from the young girl, "A lot of that changes when well," an overall gesture to himself, "Id prefer not to cause a stir."

A rub to his neck, "one thing at a time," an eye lowered to her, "You ought to eat now seeing as you didn't the night prior. Can't have a alluring little thing such as yourself waste away," he stood up stretching out eagerly cracking joints into place as he glanced to the tree tops, "How did you manage to sleep through such noise anyways, it was deafening."

Well....that hadn't worked as well as she might have hoped. But it had worked so Athwyn, being the stubborn human she was, determined that she'd try again at some point. She'd won over the elven side of Danny and she was more than sure she could do it to his gremlin side as well. It would just take some patience. Much as he was big and powerful, feral and confident in his abilities....he was a bit scared of her. Wyn didn't think he even realized it. Yes, he was protective, that she could see, but that was his logical half knowing who she was. His wild half, the part that ran on instinct and nothing else...it wasn't entirely certain about her and Wyn...she didn't know how, but she could recognize that.

He was half-animal, half-person in this state and she saw nothing wrong with that, but it meant not only did she need to acknowledge his intelligent side, but also his primal one...and that was the half of him she was still trying to learn about. It was an interesting challenge, but one she WANTED to accomplish. She wanted to understand Danny, all of him and she wanted all of him to trust her.

She stayed where she was seated, watching him as he spoke and she shook her head just a little at his certainty that he'd be looked on badly, but didn't comment as she stood. A stretch later and she was snorting softly at him. "What allure? I'd have to have something of allure to be alluring, Danny." She glanced over herself and rolled her eyes as she made her way over to the fish he'd wrapped up, smiling gratefully as she unwrapped it and started to eat with her fingers. She gave him a raised brow at the question.

"Human ears don't pick up quite as many sounds as yours do."

Still, it made her grimace to think of him being up on and off due to them and Wyn glanced around at said trees with a sigh before she went back to the fish. Not much she could do about an entire forest.

Last edited:
Catching those big green gleaming eyes studying over him, he instinctively lifted a brow back at her. Why was she looking at him like that, almost beyond him into something else and it as much as he didn't want to admit it, it was making him a bit nervous. He knew that look and it was one that was trying to figure something out without asking and without being too intrusive. He seen in on her a few times and while he would happily encourage it most times, right now he was less willing.

Swallowing a little harder than intended forcing his own gaze away beginning to become fairly restless under such a stare, his body began to move around the open space they had adopted for the evening. She began to stand throwing something his way about his wording causing him to blink across his shoulder to her.

Words plastered thick into his mind forming a response but they didn't quite make it down to his mouth, rather he simply and easily let out a mild chuckle. She might have been fighting what he said, but as much as he was confident in many of his own abilities, he knew what he seen and how very actually attractive the young human was. She had more allure than she knew. It showed on the ship and it showed in the way others conversed with her. She held respect but she was not a bad thing on the eyes. Actually quite the contrary, Wyn was a very attractive young woman and as much as he didn't say anything, or even remotely make notions to it, he was aware of it. More than he easily should have been and it only seemed to be more noticeable when he was thinking it over.

"Huh?" the tone came out flat realizing her lips were moving again at him, responding to something he had previously said causing him to rub sheepish finger across his cheek. There were days it was difficult to focus the intelligent part of his brain on the matters and conversations at hand. As much as he wanted to believe he was far superior to that of his own kin with managing to keep a reasonable mind in his normal state, he had moments of trying patience. Not many gremlins balanced the two; they would either be their brilliant highly intelligent selves in the elven skins or the primitive feral predators in the gremlin state. The two together, were unheard of.

"Oh, uh," She was making a comment to the fact that he had better hearing than she did, the growl came up from his throat much against his own will, ears pinning back. "Is a good thing and a great pain in the hind quarters I must say." He lifted his gaze around the rich palms and brush, "I will say living Naverir for that reason alone was decent. Not much for one to learn from, but slumber was peaceful." He sighed shrugging it off, "Tis what it is," he resolved that though he wasn't so sure he would be quite as lenient the next time it happened.

Rocking his shoulders sending the spree of bones to crack and correct themselves, Danny flexed a hand here and there. "Indulge me for a brief moment yes? And tell me what you think our course of action should be," he crouched down keeping more of an eye level with her, though he was actually quite stupidly gleeful she was eating. It was not often he had the opportunity to be useful to her in such a way. He knew actually he was getting extremely possessive over the young maiden. This wasn't new to him but he knew how deadly it could be for others. Intentional or not, if someone dared to step over his boundaries that were rising up, it could be disastrous. But it only encouraged his actions in other ways, he actually wanted to make sure she was comfortable, mirthful and actually be more of a help than a hindrance. He valued her quite highly even if that didn't sound quite right in his mind. "Suppose I could ask how capable you would feel going into the tree top city without said company to retrieve what we need? I have more faith in your abilities than my own some days," not a word of a lie, he perched a hand to his chin crouching there, running possible ideas through his head until she would impart her own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaisaan
He was distracted at first and Wyn could not imagine as to why that would be, but she let it go and grimaced a bit at his comments about noise and sleeping. She wished she could help with that, but bar getting him ear-plugs of some kind, she was not sure how to even remotely solve that problem. Though....she had to wonder if was so much the noise of everything...as it was the fact that he didn't know what everything was and so was constantly on alert even if he didn't realize it. She'd seen him sleep through some loud things, especially in the two cities they'd been in...but out here he was having difficulties. Out here was wide open space and dangers he didn't know about, though, and to him every sound could be a threat.

Yes, maybe it wasn't really the volume at all so much as uncertainty and the need to be constantly ready for everything that was effecting his sleep so much. Now that....she might be able to help with, but not now as that would be silly. They weren't going back to sleep. Still, she made a mental note about it and moved her focus along with his, raising a brow at his request and smiling slightly when he came back down to her level. Her neck was developing a crick. And she'd thought he was tall before!

Athwyn almost chuckled at the thought, taking another bite of the fish, the last one before she wiped her hands on the grass and then on her brown leggings before tossing the wrap away and giving her complete attention to the gremlin. Hmm....how capable would she be...

The human shrugged and stood, stretching her arms above her head before she leaned backward and let her hands touch the ground. It was almost a morning routine to do such things, keeping her muscles from knotting or freezing up as they were doing so much walking, more activity than she was used to. Now in the form of an arch, she lifted her feet from the ground but let her back stay curved as she looked over at him again, blowing her hair out of her face as much as she was able.

"I think I could do it on my own, though, I don't think you should be so concerned about what some strangers we're never going to see again might think of you." she pointed out before letting her legs rise, balancing on her hands for a moment, able to do that for a good five or six minutes at least if she wished it.

Her agile frame filled and moving in such a way he didn't think actually possible with some pain, he let out a grunt at her statement. "I am being realistic and yes a bit more uneasy to the idea of being gawked at by strangers who could possibly form said angry mob and then we'd have problems." standing up looking over her with his own mischievous grin taking over, he let out a partial hiss.

Balancing on her hands with her legs up wards to the sky, he raised a brow, "I do not wish to see how accurate pitch forks and staves come out in my presence."

Glancing around, his body turned as he took more incentive to be a bit more of an annoyance. Swinging his grasp around her waist plucking the younger lass from the ground only to place her across a shoulder as if she was recently hunted, he smirked a little darkly in boast. "If your are confident in your skills then I suggest we put you to good work and showing off your lithe nimble frame is not the way my human lass."

Status
Not open for further replies.