Traversing the Unknown

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyn gave a high-pitched yelp in surprise and if that hurt his ears, she was not thinking of it right now. She was just trying to swallow her heart back down into her chest from the place it had lodged in her throat. For a moment she laid across his shoulder, the horn spine there digging into her stomach a bit, but nothing too painful and she blinked in surprise, trying to regain some thought. She glanced over her shoulder then at his smirking face and something in Wyn's eyes shifted to a far more challenging light. It didn't take long and no real effort at all for her to arch her back, flip all the way over his shoulder so that he only had her knees in his grasp, her body hanging from his arm as if he were a tree branch.

It was at this point that she scissored her legs slightly, pushed away from him and broke from his grasp. Oh, it was probably because he didn't expect it, but nevertheless she landed on her hands, uncaring of the height she actually fell from and then gracefully came back to her feet. It all took place in the span of about thirty seconds. She looked up at the gremlin then with crossed arms and an arched brow beneath her wild white hair, green eyes glittering.

"Who said I was showing off? And really, do you think being hauled across your shoulder is any better? All that proves is that you're capable of carrying me, and impolitely at that." She smirked and turned away, fully intending to take care of the bed-rolls so they could get going.

• Love
Reactions: Manna Beast
Slippery as a eel in boggy mud and moss, he hardly thought of reacting -partially his ears were ringing and other half was acutely curious to her little show. She was quick, fluid and effective. Impressive really.

Twisting his body around slowly lowering a full intent stare watching her. Almost a similar look he had to the fish the night prior, pupils were wide with a primal delight letting a surge crest hard in his chest.

What he wasn't so keen on was her attempting to leave to busy up tidying up her makeshift bed. Contemplating heavily, intelligent versus instinct ears pinned back letting the echo of a hard loud growl come up.

"You my girl are playing dangerously this moment." he caught her grin and he had more than a desire to pounce forward. A cock of his chin, a feral look into his gaze, he remained still for a moment.

Last edited:
The growl made her turn. No...no that wasn't true. It wasn't even the growl, because her body was turning even before it echoed around the clearing. No, it was the sudden ripple of electricity, of a wild caress against her skin, her senses that had made her look back at him. Her green eyes met his dilated ones for a long moment, registering his words only distantly. Words weren't needed to convey what was happening. Or maybe they would have been to someone else, but Athwyn...she understood this. She didn't know HOW, but she DID.

This wasn't a threat. This wasn't him hunting to kill. This was...challenge, curiosity, pure energy that wanted to test itself against her own. This was...play. A very wild, potentially dangerous if she was not careful play - though, she didn't believe he'd purposely hurt her - but still playfulness nonetheless. It should have scared her. Wyn knew that. He was huge, powerful, deadly and not entirely logical. He could claw her throat and be done with it, crush her if he wanted to, break every bone in her petite body as if she were nothing but a small bird he'd caught for a snack.

But he wouldn't. He was her Danny and he wouldn't do that. There was no reason for her to be scared....and she wasn't. In fact, she felt a boldness that rarely came over her.

A smile spread across Wyn's face, her emerald eyes darkening to a forest color as her body crouched slightly, tensed and she took off. She was going to make herself much too tempting for him to resist chasing...and then she was going to give him a challenge. She might be only human, but she was far smaller and able to maneuver through more in the forest. At the very least, it would give him an adrenaline rush and she felt he probably needed it.

She said nothing in response, no she merely turned her gaze back to him and in turn he narrowed his. There was a struggle going on and he felt it in every fiber, every tension of his being echoing loud and clear. A logical mind was pleading against her, hoping and whining desperately that she wouldn't encourage him. He knew his restrictions and he knew how to behave in this frame of mind. But the other wanted to be tempted, wanted her to toy and torment the primordial stance.

Everything was conflicting, one wanted a yes and the other screaming no. He didn't want to risk the chance of hurting her but to ignore that wanting new different hungry was difficult.

Then everything snapped inside, a hot white searing sound defused an entire focus when he caught that smile and how those big green eyes took on the challenge. "Wyn…" she crouched down and his own shoulders rose up tightening the drive in his body. "Wyn." Again he was trying to plead with her, there was too much of a chance that he could injure her. Sure when he was trying to teach her how to handle herself, he diluted so much of his power, so much of his instincts but he was in his natural state. One that enjoyed the feral drive in his gut and she was only cheering him.

Then she bolted like an arrow straight and out of sight. Lips curled back, pupils once wide and watching narrowed into thin slits and lunged. Whatever reasoning he had, left without another thought. It was good she was quick and nimble but now this game became important to the undomesticated nature. A challenge that would be met and he wasn't about to back down. Everything in his body vibrated with excitement, with the strong surge of adrenaline in his body. She darted in and out of his vision, keeping well ahead and though he was watching her with enthusiastic interest. This one… this little human was intriguing and he knew that beforehand but now… now she wanted to play and that meant something else entirely.

It didn't take long honestly before he pounced forward nearly catching the agile creature, skidding hard against the swampy ground, he threw his gaze upwards. Ears prickled as he crouched down again, waiting and watching. With the swamp so dense, it made it difficult for him to move effectively. He wanted to play with the compelling human but he had to be more aware to his surroundings. Soft hissing and clicking of a growl in his throat and eyes were scouting his surroundings. If he couldn't get her, he was most than certain the human lass would come curiously looking back.

Wyn hadn't felt this...alive since she was ten and had thrown that apple at a guard's head, resulting in a chase through the city and rooftops. That still paled in comparison to this, though, and the human found she had to use every one of her senses she owned, every muscle in her body, every stray thought to keep from being caught by him. He was fast and while his size and the surrounding forest jungle slowed him down somewhat, it wasn't by much and more often than not she found that it was a well-timed fallen trunk she slid under or a dip in the ground that saved her from his grasp and not her own prowess in the foliage.

She almost felt his hand, claws brush her hair and Wyn couldn't help but grin, adrenaline surging through her at the near catch before they got into marshier grounds. The grass and twisting roots of trees that grew from the water and the unstable ground provided more cover for her and Wyn disappeared from sight in the marsh grass. She worked on steadying her breathing then, knowing that the smell of the swamp would help mask her scent from his keen nose, but only her diligence in being quiet would mask her breathing and movement from his ears.

The small human quieted her breathing with slow, controlled inhales and exhales, and then she began to move, staying crouched. Her lithe body knew how to be silent, knew how to be seamless in its flow and she crept further away from where Danny crouched with a giggle caught in her throat, given no sound but there anyway. She had almost reached the true treeline again, doubling back in a wide half-circle, when her creeping disturbed a pheasant. It burst out of the grass in a flurry and Wyn froze.

"Crap."

She rose then, in plain sight and took off again with that same giggle that had been silent all along, unsure she'd make it this time, but still not afraid even if she didn't.

Everything was still, too still and his stronger senses were useless right now. She knew that and had lured him this way to increase her chances against him. Even the tempered thoughts of the chase and the steady hum of anticipation knew she was clever. If she had been something worth devouring he would be irritated at the whole thing, but he was enthralled by it.

A ear lifted, fell and lifted again trying to hear anything. The startled bird gave her away as he grinned widely, darkly to the interesting little woman.

Giggling too hard to make the same valiant effort of escape, he didn't waste his opportunity. Lunging hard snapping his grasp around the newest little play mate, a twist of his frame to keep from taking the both into the mud, he managed to keep her standing while he kept extremely close. Stopping her from taking off again, audible hissing came from him continuiosly, he caught her though he was still leery about her. He liked how she tempted him, played and didn't scream. That would''ve been a terrible idea and one he would have silenced. His gaze narrowed, keeping a hand up and poised around her back studying this wily creature. He was tempted to nip at her, odd as it sounded, getting more of a sense to her but remained merely rigid enough to strike out. He was being lenient right now but cautious.

As much as he liked this one, he was still not quite ready to fully trust.

Wyn bit back a yelp - she had no desire to scream as she'd KNOWN she would be caught - as his arm wrapped around her waist, making her exhale some much needed air, but it wasn't painful and she was allowed to breathe clearly a moment later as she was set back on her feet and now facing the gremlin. He still loomed over her, even in a crouch, but his face was closer now and his eyes bored into her, a battle clearly waging there about just what he was going to do with her now. It didn't alarm Athwyn in the slightest. No, she'd actually been expecting it in an instinctive kind of way that didn't make sense to her logical mind until now.

She was something new. She wasn't a gremlin elf - and somehow Wyn didn't get the feeling that played in the non-lethal sense of the word very often - but she also wasn't prey in the traditional sense either. She'd engaged him, riled him up, but not to truly hunt, not to truly harm and he wasn't quite sure how to go about that, what the reward at the end of the chase was. When he hunted, his belly got filled. When he killed, dominant instinct was satisfied. What was fulfilled when he played?

The tension in every muscle drew eyes eyes and she stopped staring at him directly. That would be viewed as further challenge and she had no wish to challenge him now, but nor did she make herself prey to him by moving or drawing his instinct to move. Her scent didn't give off fear like a cornered animal would and Wyn's green eyes glanced at his own every so often, a slight open-mouthed smile on her face. She wouldn't bare her teeth at him either.

She waited until he wasn't so keen on every single thing she did, ready to act if she so much as moved too quickly before finally did move. A low hum sat in her throat, a soothing, constant sound as her fingers found his wrist behind her back and she slowly pulled his hand away and before her. Her lips met his open palm then, lingering for just a moment before she looked back up at him, voice soft.

"It's all right."

She knew enough to make herself not a threat but she wasn't exactly showing her belly either. There was no fear yet she removed her eyes away as not to further press him and in turn he lowered his shoulders slightly.

Honestly he was lost on how to go about all this. He knew she wasn't a meal, barely enough on her anyways to satisfy that sense, and she hadn't lashed out at him that would''ve forced him to slay her. She might have been something for him to conquer but that didn't seem entirely right either. The confusion was frustrating and he didn't like it. Curling back letting out a louder guttural growl, ears pinned back slowly.

It took some time before he grew more bored with her, letting his focus shift and gauge everything around them, listening to the sound to how things moved before alert spawned in his stare.

Humming and moving his grasp away, a hard swallow and he tilted his head watching her. Retracting his hand from her looking over it firstly before her again, he huffed noisily at her. A growl again baring his fangs, he leaned in closer swinging his grasp gently around, resting his chin on her head. "I don't know whether to call you a moron or just be glad you're in one piece still," his tone echoed bordering on feral and logical still but he was aware. A nervous shutter against his own will, Danny worked his jaw. "Wyn, don't be reckless because it's me. I know you know I am a dangerous sort of company and as much as I adore you, I can't promise I couldn't hurt or kill you."

He didn't need it want that weight on his shoulders, once was enough. A shaky breath out, "Don't tempt me like this. If you want to play I do not mind if I am in a reasonable frame of mind, in the guise. You do not know much like myself how much control I have like this. I may be in my natural state, but that doesn't mean I won't see you as potential prey." finally he released her from his grasp, correcting himself to stand against raking a hand back through his hair. He knew what the other side wanted and it was something he wouldn't commit himself to.

Wyn smiled softly when he started to speak, knowing instantly when the change came over him from feral to more intelligent just by his actions alone and she let him draw her close. She held still, let him direct the contact and kept her arms bent and her palms against his skin, neither pushing away or clinging, but able to feel the breaths he took and her thumb brushing against his torso when he shuddered, soothing in a small way she wasn't even sure he'd take note of. She felt she should do it anyway. The human didn't interrupt him when he spoke, let him get out what he needed to and when he pulled away, she took a calm step back and merely looked at him for a moment.

There was no fear, no uncertainty, no doubt in her green eyes. Nothing but trust in her expression and a slightly quizzical tilt to her head, in the arch of her brows and the smile developing at the corner of her mouth.

"Oh, I know very well you could see me as prey. You could hurt me. Kill me. I understand that very well, Danny. But I also understand far better than you do, whether you want to accept that or not, that you wouldn't do any of those things no matter what state of mind you're in." Her gaze met his directly, not lecturing or challenging, but firm and shining with that determination he described as 'being as stubborn as a mule'.

"I wasn't in danger from you. If you'd wanted to harm me, you would have twenty times over. I'm not that fast or elusive, Danny. And you weren't in any sort of control over your instincts to stop yourself in time if your feral nature did choose to strike out at me and you know it. THAT'S what scares you." She shook her head, spreading her hands out, palms to the sky with a wide sort of smile. "I wasn't being reckless. I knew exactly what I was doing, what risks I could be taking and I made a choice. I chose to trust you and seeing as we are speaking right now, my choice wasn't ill-made or done without some knowledge as to how you'd react. I may not be a gremlin, Danny, and I might be only a naive human, but I have my own instincts and there are things I see and things I know that have never led me wrong."

She stepped closer to him then and looked almost straight up to meet his gaze. "And I know that there is nothing I could do, nothing I could say and nothing anyone else could ever attempt to manipulate the situation that could make you harm me." The words rose up from somewhere deep inside the white-haired woman and she could not have said where the blinding confidence in them came from, but there they were and she didn't doubt them at all.

She didn't doubt him and if it took things like this to start making him trust himself, then she would do it and gladly.

Her words rang true and then again they didn't. And everyone of them was striking a already previously wounded cord than he knew she was not meaning to. She didn't know and that was easily why he wasn't jumping down her throat at the very moment. But she had a valid point.

An extremely valid point! Yes he was afraid, terrified to his entire core and it shook his very existence. But he remained silent letting her speak and being more envious how she could trust him so easily and nonchalantly. He didn't and he have more than a few reasons why.

Running a hand down his face, as she finished he clattered his teeth together. Clearing his throat, eyes narrowed before he let out a very aggravated sigh. "Wyn I hope and pray to god you are right now, but I know my own truth. Yes," he put a hand to his chest, "I'm terrified that your trust is going to be misplaced and I am going just to snap and hurt you." He narrowed his gaze, "It is not the first time." He said it clear and loud. The seriousness in his voice came out in waves as he wrinkled his nose in utter disgust. Looking over a hand twisting it over and over again, eyes glanced to her. "There is a reason why I am on the top surface beside the want to find the god's gate." A cord struck again, this time from himself. "You know the name Lexis," he was irritating himself, "It's the name of my elder sister, and the very one who had the very same confidence in my abilities that you have. And the very same one that I killed in that very same state."

If he was looking for a great reaction from her, Danny would be sorely disappointed. Wyn's face remained steady, merely listening, absorbing and when he was done, sympathy - not pity - entered her green eyes, misting them, but she didn't cry and her voice didn't waver. "I am not a gremlin. I am not your sister. And this isn't the past." She stepped back from him only to stop craning her neck so severely and Wyn gave a sad sort of smile and a shake of her head, reaching up to tuck white hair behind her ear as it desperately needed to be brushed out now.

"Danny, I can't absolve you of what happened with your sister, nor can I make any judgments about your past. I wasn't there and it didn't involve me. What I can do, however, is live in the present and encourage you to do the same because the truth of the matter is that neither of us can change the other's past, but we can set the course for our future and that starts in the present. The past doesn't need to be repeated even if you find yourself in the same situation."

Wyn now understood why he distrusted himself so greatly and while she was morbidly curious as to what had happened and how such a thing had come about - it could not be as cut and dry as he was portraying in his guilt - such a thing was not the point in this whole thing. She wasn't going to hurt him further by making him relive it. If he ever told her what happened, it would be because he trusted her enough to volunteer it. Not before.

Her trust for him wasn't shaken. Perhaps it should have been, maybe logically it should have been...but it wasn't and Wyn wasn't going to question that.

How was she so, what was the proper word he was looking for? Calculated, no. Resolute? Not quite. Strong, it was the closest thing he could come to even dappling the description of her. It didn't seem to matter what he said, revealed or hated, she didn't throw a bias at him. Frankly it left him mystified and deeply bothered.

Yet he didn't argue her words, no he was listening to her acutely trying to absorb it all with a grace and humility he didn't always have.

All he wanted to know that she was right, that his past wasn't going to come back and try for another go round and if it did, the outcome would be greatly different. He made no qualms about it that he was very personal about Wyn, wanting to see her happy over anything else. But he'd never want to be the cause for her end.

Kneading his fingers to his neck letting his head hang a little bit more, he nodded slowly to her. "I won't dispute your words Wyn, they are perfect in their sense. Just applying said factors are a little more difficult than I would like to admit." He felt a wee bit scolded by the end of it but he knew that wasn't her goal. Lifting his gaze upwards before dropping it, he made a motion to start heading back. If he had her resolve, there was no doubt in his mind that the feat that did lay before him time and time again could be easier. But that would take time and he wasn't asking for a miracle. Sidling up to tip his chin again forward, he bowed more of his this time than usual. He didn't know overly what to say to the moment and really, did he want to? No.

A palm to her crown tussling it tenderly, he started forward.

------------

Wyn's behavior hadn't changed in the slightest since she'd found out about a sliver of Danny's past. Well, that wasn't true...her behavior had changed in a lot of ways and it was for his sake - not that it didn't come to her as easily as breathing - but it wasn't because of what he'd told her. No, the changes came because she was adapting to Danny's state just as quickly as he presented something new to challenge her. They hadn't played another game like the one before - Wyn figured she'd let Danny get used to just having her around while he was in this frame of mind - and she hadn't tested her theory about him being too alert to sleep. Athwyn figured there would be time for that as the gremlin seemed to be having frustrating failure with his glamour at the moment.

He seemed a bit bitter the first day they started out again, but cooled off quickly enough and his moods became normal again. Well, as normal as the new normal got.

Wyn didn't mind, though. She still found him fascinating, still seemed to know exactly why he did what he did without knowing why she knew. It was helpful, though, and kept her from making stupid mistakes. She knew when to be quiet and when to speak, when to be challenging over something and when to back down. Her movements became more flowing and even, nothing sudden or quick to catch his interest and her voice kept to the lower tones without even thinking about it. The human didn't have to remember to do it, it just happened.

And it was in that way that they traveled the last three days to Jor'lun.

The treetop city was like nothing she'd ever seen or imagined. Tier platforms of the same wood as the trees they were built around spiraled up thick trunks and boardwalks hundreds of feet up stretched from tree to tree. Some bridges seemed to be hard and strait with intricately carved railings and arches where vines twined around the wood elegantly and tree branches wove their way through, creating a natural roof. Other connecting bridges swung on thick ropes, those ones seeming to stretch the longer distances and their make was sturdy, many ropes in the middle going straight up to connect with other trees, creating a bridge able to hold many at once.

Houses were almost hard to detect in the towering forest, built into branches, utilizing nature instead of working against it. Everything was green and brown, yellows and reds and oranges dashed here and there, giving the complete effect of autumn as the season called for. Wyn had to wonder what it might look like in spring. There were shops on the forest floor, built into the trees, but it seemed to be only places that could not be in trees - such as stables - and stands that could be moved up-top at the end of the day. The rest of the shops and restaurants were in the trees, built into clusters of oaks and the oldest, most stable of trees. There was no real rhyme or reason to how they were scattered and that was the excitement of a city like this. Things were built where they could be built and not because they necessarily fit in with a certain part of the city. It was enchanting, especially at night when hundreds of thousands of bred fireflies kept in glass habitats all over lit up the entire treetops.

Stairs or platforms with rope-built pulley systems could take travelers up to the trees and it was there that Wyn would head to first.

In the meantime, all she could do was stare, slack-jawed in awe.

If anyone wanted to talk about being frustrated it was him. Three days and he was still struggling if not completely failing at pulling the glamour back. Whatever it's reason was - other than to irritate every working nerve in his body- it wouldn't have anything to do with returning. Anything he could think of, didn't work and thinking outside the box was even worse.

After the second day around the evening mark, he snapped, gave up and went to clean up in the water trying to calm his fried nerves. But on the opposite side of the scale, he wondered if he actually wanted to be in the glamour again. Wyn didn't seem to care which way or another though he wasn't finding he was becoming more and more aware of her little quirks. If they were new or not, he had no idea but she was certainly doing a flawless job in keeping herself even with him. Not that she had too, he never expected it. Figuring out little things that managed to keep him in a even temper or catching his attention when his focus was elsewhere, he was paying more attention to her than previously.

Well he was.

Skewing his gaze way way up into the trees, the city wasn't anything less than striking. Beyond his thoughts, beyond his comprehension and beyond anything he could have dream of. It was amazing and instantly he was hating the fact even more than he couldn't revert. There was so much to be explore, to indulge a curious mind with! "Well..." rocking his shoulders, "Now I'm actually jealous." he admitted openly chuckling at the very thing. Tucking his hands to prop against his hips, a click of his tongue and he made a point with his head upwards. "You have to describe it all, not even a scratch out of place." teasing her rightfully, eyes turned to look backwards making sure the road was still clear. "Alright little spitfire, I am handing you the reigns here. Putting my trust in you," another tease to her as he tussled her crown more affectionately than it had been in the last few days. If he was perfectly honest with himself, he was worried to his core and then some. Wyn was taking a chance here going into the city alone. "No accepting candy from strangers right?"

Another prying look around, "I'll be close by so when you return, I'll find you alright? Just be careful right. No running away with the prince of your dreams leaving the gremlin behind."

Wyn laughed at his first words, giving him a look that clearly said 'your choice', but she said nothing verbally. She was still of the mind that he could go anywhere he liked in the form he was in if only he had some confidence in himself, but she didn't want to start a fight and it wasn't her decision to make. Her smiled grew wider as he teased and the joy in her eyes when his hand messed her hair up couldn't be contained in her eyes. She'd missed that, far more greatly than he could possibly realize. She playfully gave him a grimace and ducked out of his reach as she grumbled to herself in a completely harmless way and put the white mane back in order.

"I shall be careful and I will come back before dark." Last thing she wanted was to be making her way around at night. The mere thought made her want to shiver, but Wyn refrained, pushing bad memories away and she smiled at him instead as she started walking backward. Her next words to answer his very last comment should have been accompanied by a smirk or a teasing lilt, a wink, something...but they weren't and she didn't even think about that, her eyes holding his rather steadily, unaware of how very calm and sure she actually looked.

"Who's to say I haven't already found him?"

Athwyn didn't wait for a response as she turned and started to away for Jor'lun. She came to the platform taking others up just as they were about to lift off and Wyn smiled a bit sheepishly as she got on, a bit surprised to see smiles in return as the odd elevator started up into the trees.

"What an odd thing to say," he pondered to himself at her final statement watching the young human sprinting for the platform. If it had been with a smirk, or that mischievous glint she had in her green eyes then he could see the reasoning behind it, but there was nothing. Narrowing an eye watching the platform rise up until it was hidden behind the canvas of the canopies, his mind scurried over her response reading more into it than was probably needed. The nattering behind his eyes lingering in the reaches of his skull came from the bestial side reading way more into the comment than he had been as he cursed himself again.

Whatever his bestial side wanted, it wasn't getting and it was becoming a real pain in the hind quarters about it. It was as if he was trying to have a personal conversation with himself, the gremlin and the elven each playing the part and each being about as reasonable as a pair of two year olds.

Throwing his hands up in a private defeat, he went into the brush enabling the wild side a time to run and stretch as it wanted and of course what was the first thing it wanted. A meal, surprise! He really did give gluttony a new face.

Wyn.....was lost.

She really couldn't believe herself at the moment. She'd been here an hour and suddenly...she couldn't really remember what bridge she'd already taken and she was pretty sure she'd passed that shoe shop already....twice. Everything looked very much the same here and up close. It wasn't like a normal city where buildings were close together, shops lining the street. Everything was spaced out and open and on different levels and some bridges looked like they led to a place she needed and then they didn't and....

The human stopped at a railing and leaned back against it with a sigh, closing her eyes for a long moment and listening to the people passing her by on the bridge. She wasn't sure who lived here and who didn't. There was no great influx of one people to tell her who the city actually belonged to - if it belonged to any one species - and therefore it was anyone's guess who was a traveler and who was a dweller.

No, she'd just have to keep calm and find her way. The young human pushed away from the rail and tucked her hair behind both ears as she looked around once more, far more determined to figure out where she was and get what she needed before it got dark than she had been before. She could do this. She could. Danny had trusted her to be able to complete this task and she wanted to prove him right. Besides, this was a city! She knew cities! It had to have SOME kind of pattern to it...

She spent the next two hours getting some of the stuff needed and getting lost all over again about three times before she started to get some sort of direction in the treetops. Needless to say, she was exhausted by the time she decided it was time to go and Wyn didn't know - hadn't known - that there was a group who'd been keeping an eye on her ever since she'd stopped the first time and exposed her rounded ears. They were far more clever than the last group had been, waiting until she was too focused on getting back down to the lower levels where less people were to strike.

Wyn had passed so many people that day that she hardly paid attention to them anymore and it was there that she erred. She never saw the person who wrapped an arm around her waist and pressed a cloth to her mouth. All she knew was that one inhale to scream and the world was turning black around the edges and she couldn't feel her body anymore. Everything went dark and her last thought was of the gremlin elf and how very disappointed he'd be with her.

Last edited:
Waiting patiently for the woman to return, eager to hear of her ventures in the sky ward city, Danny had been back for a bit now. He didn't want to seem too impatient, he had no need to rush her. If she wanted to browse and take in the sights then he was happy to wait but with the dark starting to settle, he was getting a little less inclined to be so loyal and patient.

He knew she didn't like the dark - still had to figure that one out as to why- and he was almost certain that walking through an unknown city at night wasn't a good thing either.

Again that irritating nattering piped up in his mind though this time it was accompanied by the elven, both of them trying to urge him to start taking a look around. And honestly, he was getting tempted too. But something about him appearing now at the cusp of the night, seemed no it screamed nightmare and torches being thrown at him.

Tapping a foot to some unknown melody in his head, hidden out of sight sitting down with his legs crossed at the ankles, fingers tapped quickly to his arms. "A few minutes," he curved his gaze downwards considering himself, "Just a few minutes more. Then it's your ball game." he was muttering to himself, listening to the feral heart drive tight with a heated mirth and glee that he was going to consent the bestial side passage into the city.

Wyn said it herself. He couldn't control the actions of himself in such a state, therefore it wasn't him. It sounded good in theory. And honestly, as much as he was hating this side at some times, there was a spark of excitement that lingered in his own core.

All Wyn knew when she woke - and she had no idea how long she'd been out - was that it was dark. No, not just dark. Black. At first she thought, hoped, that maybe she'd not really opened her eyes yet, but some conscious blinking told her that no...she was awake. Awake and unable to see....and unable to move. The young human whimpered, trying not to panic as she felt around with unbound hands her surroundings. She couldn't even stretch out her arm before she met resistance, a wall. Every direction yielded the same results and her head and bent legs already were touching those same walls. It was at this point that Wyn felt she couldn't breathe. There were cracks or holes somewhere in this trunk she was in, but that hardly mattered to her. She couldn't breathe as the panic clawed at her throat and lungs.

The human began to bang on the lid, unable to muster up the capacity to give voice yet as hot tears trailed down her face and into her hair. That didn't last long. She didn't know how long it took before she was clawing at the top of her prison, screaming in terror to be let out. She wasn't thinking clearly at all, barely paid heed to the lurches and jerks under her that signaled she was in a wagon of some kind. All she could think about was getting out.

She had to get out. She couldn't do this again. She'd be good! She'd never try to run again. Just let her out!

Suddenly, as if the thoughts had been the magic words, the lid opened and Wyn surged out of the confinement like a cat fleeing water. She was blinded by tears and fear and when hands caught a hold of her to still her, she fought like a possessed thing to get away. She did at one point and briefly saw that she'd inflicted quite a bit of damage on a female elf and a male nymph, but that glance cost her freedom as she ran straight into a creature that looked nothing short of lizardlike in her way of thinking at the moment. The human didn't have time to get up before she was pulled up by an icy grip and she came face to face with a fang-filled smile and dark eyes that made her still with a new kind of fear, green eyes wide in her pale face as all the strength seemed to leave her.

The vampire held her arm in a bruising grip, but his other hand was gentler, fingers skimming down her wet cheek. "There, there. No need to fight so hard. Be a good girl and you'll be just fine."

It took little reasoning after the lurch of dark settled firm and heavy to the soil casting the world into the lull of the night. What made it even better was it was the pitch above was moonless. And that had been enough for him.

He wasn't sure if it was the mere appearance of himself or the hard unrelenting focus that had many looks tossed his way. Listening partially to the voices dancing upon the air, making loud statements about him being a demon rather than an gremlin elf, most kept a good distance away. That proved fruitful in their favor. How he managed to stay in control to the moment was even a surprise to him, working in conjunction with the feral ways, her scent was difficult to pick up. Too many other smells - good and bad and something in between- often caught him off guard. One nearly making him scurry back to the safety of fresh air down below.

Eventually it seemed the scent picked up a strength and not one he was looking for. How long he searched, he had no idea. Exchanging a look with a awestruck guard that was patrolling the area, holding each other's stares it was then as the man was radiating a sense of fear that he clued into the one that was left in the air mixed with the oils of Wyn's natural fragrance. It wasn't fear quite yet, it was distress.

Muddled with other smells, all fainter than the other but enough to provoke a raw action in his gut. How he left, or what direction he gone in, he couldn't remember. All he knew was foul play had been committed and the frothing blood lust in his gut brought out the very thing he was hoping not to feel again. He had been a drone for a reason, the berserker trait was rare in his culture and it was not tameable by any means known of.

Status
Not open for further replies.