TRAPPED - a GONE role play (Bramble and Beel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosie drummed her fingers against her knees, trying to focus on one spot straight ahead of her. She didn't much like the experience of riding in the truck, though she was grateful for the wind streaming in through the open window beside her sister.

Lupus glanced up as the murmur of confused voices began to rise into a more panicked tone to see that the teacher was gone, vanished, disappeared. He simply stared for a moment, wondering if his eyes were playing tricks on him, but the voices around him led him to believe they were not. A dream, perhaps? No, too vivid.
"So, um, what just happened?"

Someone in the class sniggered. "That must be really worth something then," someone said from behind Kathy. The girl had long orange hair and a sly half smile. "Nothing really gets Kathy's worth for more than 5 seconds. People should disappear more often."

"Definitely, it'd be great. D'you think I can pick who goes next?" Kathy added, laughing a bit as she tipped back in her chair, "It sure would be nice, no more high-pitched giggling, no more video game chats, no more teaching and no more football fans. Fabulous." Getting to her feet, she adjusted her skirt and looked around. "Anyone else getting out of here before he comes back?"

"Sorry, what? Did I miss something?" The blonde in the desk next to Amanda looked up from painting her nails, having removed one of her earphones; her name was Lotta, and it was no mystery that she rarely listened in class. Apparently, though, the sudden movement from Kathy, the brunette who sat in the row in front of her, had caught her eye.

"He was right there..lake stammered. Alexa figured it would probably of deserved a point or something but the girl seemed too stunned to move.
"Look, I'm sure he just went outside for a bit-" Alexa began soon to be interrupted.
You don't understand. He was right there in front of me then..." her words fell away as she tried to describe what she saw.
"Poof," someone said at the back of the class then other began to nod and repeat.
"Poof."
"Like in the movies."
"Like a magic trick."
"Duh, what else do you think it could've been?"

"Maybe he wanted to see our reaction," Lupus said dryly, leaning back in his chair, "He'll probably walk back in and expect us to applaud or something. People don't just vanish, how old are you?" He snapped, ruffling his hair.

Amanda gave an unamused half snort though she silently agreed with Kathy; that would be nice. "Mrs Hicklin here skipped out of us so fast I didn't even see her leave," she answered filling Lotta in.
"She didn't skip out, she jumped out or at least evaporated out," Wade said from the back of the class. A sort of grin like smirk across her face.
"That's a big word coming from your mouth, Wade," Robbie chided. That earned him a punch.

"I don't see why we have to do this," Ella voiced up. "Especially note Rosie, Rosie never does anything wrong." The second part was a more of a mumble and a judgement on both their parts.

"What kind of a math teacher uses a magic trick to explain trigonometry?" Alexa pointed out dryly. She was getting nervous, the entire room was becoming anxious. All eyes were on the door like Mr Sissons was going to walk back into the room and explain how he pulled the big trick off.
Blake's eyes, however were off somewhere else. "Hey, where's Harry?" she asked. Harry was the guy in their class Blake just so happened to have a crush on big time.
"I dunno," Alexa answered looking behind them. "Was he even here today?"
"Er, yes!"

"Evaporated? Like, disappeared?" Lotta frowned a bit, processing this, "So, she just kinda left? Does that mean we can leave? Maybe it's an elaborate was of dismissing us." She seemed a bit hopeful about the last part, anxious to get out and get some air.

Rosie pretended not to hear; it was true, she was a bit of a goody-goody, but that's just how she was. Still, she could see why it might annoy Ella, at least a little bit.
"You'll see, Mom is all talk, she'll get us home in a couple of days. She's trying to scare us."

"So, Harry, right, and Mr Sissons? What the heck do they even have in common, anyways? Did they plan it together?" Lupus was still uninterested, bored with all the discussion.

"Yes, like disappeared," Amanda said, she sounded annoyed. "And, I don't care what you do but there's no teacher stopping me so I'm skipping class." And with that, she saddled her bag on her shoulder and walked out. Just like Amanda, other kids rolled out, knocking and shoving into each other with a giddy hyperness that was slowly growing.

"Well she's doing a good job of it," Ella said, her tone was dark. "I hate it here."
That's when the car spiralled out of control.

Alexa turned around to face Lupus. She was beginning to get a little on edge. "Who knows," Alexa said, answering the boy behind her. His name was Lupus, at least she thought it was. She looked back at the door and after staring at it for another few seconds, with all the chatter in the class around her she eventually stood up.
"What are you doing?" Blake asked, looking up at her.
"Seeing if they're out in the hallway, obviously."

Kathy made for the door, glancing back briefly over her shoulder.
"Oh. Well, okay." Lotta nodded, keeping one earphone out as she shoved her books into her back and began to head towards the exit.

Rosie nodded, and suddenly, everything was spinning around her.
"What's happening?" She cried, panicked as she realised the car was veering off of the road. Glancing helplessly towards the driver seat, she was to her horror and amazement that it was empty. How? Had their uncle rolled out suddenly and left them to die or something?

"I'm with you on that one," Lupus nodded, getting to his feet and following Alexa out into the hallway with his bag slung over his shoulder.

Wade and Robbie too grabbed there bags and, along with the rest of their class, made their way out into the hallway.

The car hit a bump in the road and suddenly they were no longer sitting they were flying, tumbling rolling through the air like damaged birds. Ella hit the dash board, then the side, then her seat, then somewhere along the way se fell into Rosie. Then finally, breaking free, crashed into the windscreen. All the while thinking, maybe today I should have put my seat belt on.

Alexa looked at him strangely. "OK," she said though was frowning. Blake too had grabbed her bag and walked over to them.
"You're not leaving the classroom with him and without me. That's not the way this works."
"Why doesn't the whole class just come see if Mr. Sissons and Harry are in the hallway," Alexa mumbled opening the door. But neither Harry or Mr. Sissons were out there.
"Hello," she called, stepping out into the hallway with Blake in tow. And after being met with an eerie silence, felt stupid for doing so.

"Now what?" Kathy looked around the hallway, which was slowly beginning to fill with students.
"You got any ideas as bright as your hair?" She glanced at Amanda, not really being mean, just teasing a bit.
Lotta didn't really have anyone to talk to, so she decided to go see if her younger sister's teacher was gone too; she set off down the corridor.

The car lurched so forcefully that Rosie thought her seatbelt might snap. She slammed into the dashboard, the gearstick, her head hit the wheel, and she finally hit Ella.

"Um, this is gonna sound weird, but have you seen Mr Jefferson?" Leo was heading up the hallway towards a group of three older kids, clearly worried and confused.

Why are you even talking to me? Was what Amanda wanted to say but refrained and turned around with a false but realistic looking smile on her face. "We have no teacher so I'm skipping class. Another door banged open from further down the hall and more kids came pouring out, only these one's were the younger kids from the third grade. "Looks like spontaneous teacher disappearances are popular today," she said with a frown.

Ella didn't know how long it had been. She wasn't even sure where she was. When she tried to open her eyes she found that only one opened and the other was foggy and filled with little red spots. What she could see was strange, blue and yellow but not the way round that blue and yellow should be. Slowly she tried to move her arms and legs but nothing would move. Panic set in and she began to struggle before she began calling out. "Rose? Mum? Dad!"

"Your teachers gone too?" it was Blake who answered. "That's strange." Alexa knew that Blake and the kid knew each other or at least used to.
Leo was in the year below them, the sixth grade.
Alexa frowned. Other kids from their classes were beginning to emerge.
Without thinking she pulled out her phone and dialled the number for home. No dial tone. No voice mail. No nothing. "That's odd," she remarked. "4 bars but no signal."

"Fair enough," Kathy shrugged, pausing at the door to think of what she could do. "This is less fun than I expected."

"I'm here, I'm here," Rosie croaked, opening her eyes and wincing as a sudden wave of pain hit her, "My God, what just happened?"

"Yeah, he just kind of vanished. One minute there, the next... Just sorta gone, y'know? Oh, what do we do?" He wrung his hands a bit, gaze flickering from side to side just as he always did when she was anxious.

"What did you expect?" Amanda asked out of curiosity. "Cocktails and little boys in suits?"

"Rosie? Rosie. Rosie, I can't- I can't move." Ella said. She had yet to learn she was half hanging out of the front window, covered in glass, her right leg twisted off at an awkward angle, her left palm squired on what was once a windscreen wiper. She had yet to discover the agonising pain the shock had hidden.

"I've got no signal," Alexa repeated. "None." Her blue eyes were fringed with worry that the rest of her face had yet to experience. Other kids had begun to discover that too.
"Try calling 911."
"There's no signal, dumbo!"
"No 911?"
No 911? What the hell was going on?
"CCTV," Blake announced suddenly. "The head teachers office has CCTV-"

"Nah, but that would be nice," Kathy rolled her eyes, stretching her arms above her head, "This is just a bit, meh."

"Oh god, oh god, what are we gonna do?" Rosie tried pulling herself over to help Ella and was alerted to the fact that her elbow was totally broken. Jesus, the two of them had injuries like they were extras in a horror film.
"Can you reach the handle?"

"Yeah, true. Good thinking," Leo nodded enthusiastically, clearly glad that somebody seemed to know what they were doing. Even Lupus nodded a bit in approval.

"Nothing is ever the way you expect it to be," Amanda pointed out. She still wasn't sure why Kathy was still talking to her.
Kids were beginning to get anxious and their anxiety was turning into chaos. People were running, shouting jeering. Somewhere down the corridor two kids had already gotten into a fight. "Honestly," Amanda said turning away from the squabbling duo and the in drawing crowd yelling and cheering. "I just want a chocolate bar."

"Rosie, I can't move!" Ella had begun crying. She was frustrated and dizzy and nauseated and she wanted the throw up. "I - I think - I'd might like to pass out," she said, her voice hysterical; she was beginning to feel the pain. The excruciating, agonising, pain that was crawling and pinning down her body as if she was beginning squished between two slabs of concrete like some messed up sandwich. Who knew, maybe she was the filling in a messed up sandwich.

The four of them began walking, then running to the head teachers office, dodging various groups of milling students along the way. A shrill cry suddenly rang through the building, the final bell for fifth period. It made Alexa jump but still she kept running until she came to the office door. She was about to knock but thought better of it and quickly barged in. Who cared if there was a chance a teacher might be in there, she honestly hoped there was.

"I guess not," Kathy frowned, taking a step back as something flashed in her eyes briefly; she hated crowds, "Why don't all of you go run around aimlessly outside or something?"

"Okay, okay, just try and relax!" Rosie said helplessly, using her other arm to unplug her seatbelt and edge toward her twin.

"Are you sure we should go in? I mean, we aren't meant to uneless we get sejt," Leo frowned, knowing how stupid he sounded.
"Oh, give it a rest," Lupus growled, throwing the door open to reveal an empty room. Despite himself, the lack of occupant made his stomach sink.

Amanda just rolled her eyes and began heading for where she knew the vending machines would be.

"Rosie, where did-" heavy breathing, "go?" In her head the sentence had probably made more sense but what came out of her mouth was barely audible or allegeable.

"No one," Alexa said. She sounded a little breathless. They all seemed to hesitate a moment before moving into motion.
"The CCTV should be on her computer," Blake announced and began making her way over to check.
Alexa stood not knowing quite knowing what to do. She worried for her mum; if all the teachers in the school seemed to have disappeared, did that also account for the people outside?

Kathy wandered off in the opposite direction, away from the crowd of panicked kids.
By now, Lotta had checked on Penny and left her wirh her friends, returning the way she had come. She didn't really know what to do with this free time, and had resolved to just wander aimlessly until something happened.

"I haven't got a clue," Rosie replied honestly, her voice hoarse. Everything hurt, but she could see her sister was in worse condition.
"What do we do?"

"Great." Lupus groaned, looking around.
"M-Maybe it's just the teachers?" Leo suggested hopefully.
"We could go check town?" Lupus added.

Some kid from the same year as Lotta grabbed her arm suddenly. "Hey," he said. "What are you doing? Where are you going, don't you know we're suppose to be in class." The kid looked a little deranged and afraid, something about his eyes and the way he looked was unnerving.

"Mum took my phone-" more heavy breathing "Can't call 911." She felt her bile rise up in her throat and, unable to roll over, threw up, sick dribbling down her chin as it had no where else to go. Only the sick looked red. "I don't feel too good," she said before finally passing out.

Alexa nodded and then added, "Harry too."
Blake looked up at the mentioning of his name but quickly sifted her eyes back to the computer. "Nothing." she announced. Then, "try the TV."

Status
Not open for further replies.