TRAPPED - a GONE role play (Bramble and Beel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey, calm down," Lotta flinched and tried to pull her arm away, uneasy, "The teachers vanished, didn't you realise? I'm just looking for them," Okay, so, maybe the last part was a lie. So what?

Rosie did her best to calm her breathing and think things through. She was feeling a little light-headed, maybe it was shock? No, oh, no way.
There was blood all over her left leg where a shard of glass was sticking out.
Were there arteries in your legs? Rosie didn't know. She acted upon instinct, pulling out the glass with a gasp and pressing her hands firmly against the wound, doing her best to let it clot.
Please, please, please...

Lupus stood by the wall, watching the monitor as if glaring for long enough would reveal something. Leo, on the other hand, was almost pacing.

His grip increased on Lotta as he laughed. "As if! Pretty, dumb, bimbo like would never do that. Now get back to class." It was like something in his brain had just stopped working and he was stuck on one idea, like some school hall monitor.

Ella felt her body grow a little colder as the dark, swirling mist grew closer, and closer.

The TV presented nothing but static. Static on channel 1, 2, 34, 55, all channels were just snow storms of static. "Something's definitely not right," Blake declared, her voice trembling ever so slightly.
"You think?" Alexa demanded. She'd begun to bite down on one of her finger nails; a nervous habit she'd developed.

"Kid, just let go, okay? It isn't any of your business anyways. If I have to be in class, why aren't you?" She blew a strand of hair from her eyes with a huffing sound, trying to hide the fact that she felt a hit nervous and unsettled.

Rosie slowly began to feel the throbbing feeling in her leg stopping. Oh god, was her heart stopping? Afraid, she removed her hand and almost passed out.
There was nothing left but dried blood.
Was she going insane? No time to dwell on it, she couldn't be alone, had to help Ella, had to...
"Ella! Ella, don't die on me!" She shook her tentatively, not wanting to hurt her, but wanting to rouse her.

"This isn't right." Leo said finally.
"Thanks, however would we have realised without you?" Lupus rolled his eyes, "Wanna go check houses?

The kid was caught out there - he had no reasonable answer. "No, no, no! You need to be in class!" he was becoming more distressed by the second. "Just- just get back to class. Now. Go!" he yelled but wouldn't let go of Lotta's hand.

Ella's body was limp in Rosie's hands. Not cold but limp. That might have been because she could no longer move but the red that stained her clothes, her hair and the ground below her was not a comforting sign.

Alexa nodded. "Yeah. Let's go. There's nothing more for us here." Blake swallowed, hard but also nodded. They all knew what was likely to be waiting for them at home but there was still hope. At least, ALexa wanted to believe that.

"Okay, okay, just let go, okay? You're starting to hurt me," Lotta frowned, trying to tug her hand away, "What is your issue?"

"Oh god, oh god," Exasperated, Rosie slapped her, shook her, did everything. She held the worst of her sister's injuries tight and slapped her again, sobbing, desperate. "Ella, please!"

"True,'' Lupus nodded, making for the door band holding it open. "Don't mean to be creepy, but who's house is closest?"

The boy was getting angrier by the minute and possibly without realising what he was doing, began raising his hand. "Why aren't you moving?" he demanded hand stretching higher. "Didn't you here me? Move!" He brought his hand down hard against her face. No one was around to tell him not to.

Ella's heartbeat thumped, just once, just once for a few seconds. It was faint, almost undetectable but it was there.

"Mine," Blake announced. "In fact, me and Leo live a few doors away from each other. We're about a five minute walk away."

Lotta stared in shock, her free hand touching the bright red mark that had appeared almost instantly.
"Let go of me! I can't go anywhere until you let go!" She didn't know what else to do but plead and pull, "Can somebody help me? Anyone?"

"Ella, Ella, Ella," Rosie moaned quietly, moving on to a new injury, praying it was just a nightmare.

"Then let's go, maybe we'll run into a cop or something on the way," Lupus dedided.

The boy was preparing to hit her again.

"A soft murmur came from Ella's lips and one look at her chest would tell you she was breathing - barely - but still breathing.

Alexa snorted. "Sorry," she said frowning. "Ten minutes without adults and I guess I've gone a little nuts."

"I'll move if you let go, okay?" Lotta tried again, pulling her arm and watching his hand.

"Ella?" Rosie continued to do what she was doing, praying her twin would wake up. She didn't want to be alone. She stayed that way for a while, fearing the worst, and at some point slipped into either sleep or unconsciousness.

"Just shock, don't worry,'' Lupus assured, heading out of the door, "Maybe I was just wishful thinking."

"Hey, what are you?" The boy began screaming suddenly, looking down at his hand and at the frost that was growing on his fingers.

"Rosie, Rosie," Ella whispered, nudging her twins hand. She'd managed to somehow roll herself over. She thought it might have been because some of the shock had worn off. Her leg was still a twisted at a funny angle and had snapped most of the window wiper off that was running through her hand but knew she shouldn't move it because of how much blood she would possibly loose.

"Maybe you're right," Blake added in hoepfully but her voice held no sound of hope.

"Just let go, if you let go, it'll stop!" Lotta was really panicking now; she hadn't quite meant for it to happen, but sometimes it just did.

Rosie opened one eyes groggily, squinting before opening the other.
"Ella! You're alive?"

"I sure hope so. I can't even use the oven." Leo half joked, also leaving the office.

The kids hand was freezing down. He used what little movement he had left to let go of her hand. Wade and Robbie who'd just seen the last few minutes of what was happening moved forwards to intercept Lotta.

"So it seems," she said, Her hair had become plastered to her face with blood and was sticking up at odd angles. Her body was still pretty beaten and bruised but Rosie was right, she was alive. "How are you?" she asked.

"Well, I'd say you'd better learn quick," Alexa said under her breath as they exited the school. The street outside the school was littered with kids messing and milling about aimlessly. Nobody seemed to know what to do.
"This way," Blake said, turning away from the chaos and heading left.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," She bit her lip, then looked up as Robbie and Wade approached. "Erm... Can I help you?"

"Y'know, just relaxing." Rosie shrugged and winced a bit, pushing herself up, "Well, I hope Mom's satisfied with this character building stay she sent us for."

"Hey, do you guys know what happened?" A brunette with half her hair pulled up in to a bun walked up to Blake, beginning to walk beside her as she bounced a baby on her hip. It wasn't hers, but when the cashier and the woman behind her in the grocery store had vanished, her instinct had told her to look after the baby. "People are saying the adults are gone."

The boy stumbled away from Lotta cradling his hand before turning into a run.
Robbie watched him flee, a smirk on his lips. "That was... unusual, don't you think, Wade?"
"Yeah, I've never quite seen a kid run off like that. Or a hand freeze like that. You now, I wonder how that happened." Wade wasn't intimidating but he had an air about him that made people want to tell him what he wanted to know.

"I don't think this counts as characters building," Ella, said with a slight grin. "If it is I want my money back." She was tired and weak from loss of blood but colour was slowly returning to her cheeks. She could smell vomit and blood and burning and she could of sworn that somewhere up above vultures were circling them.

Neither Blake nor Alexa recognised the girl who'd approached them. "I- I don't know," Blake answered uncertainly.
"Is he your younger brother?" Alexa asked indicating to the child. She realised that there would be more children his age in the nursery, alone in houses and even wondering the streets. Blake had her own younger, autistic brother to think of.

"I... Well, look, I didn't mean to. He kept shouting at me and wouldn't let go and he slapped me and I panicked." Lotta blurted, chewing her lip.

"Definitely. Worst holiday ever," She laughed, feeling just a little better, though far from healthy. "This is kind of a miracle."

"No, actually," Darla shook her head, "I was at the grocery store and suddenly all the adults were gone. I didn't want to leave him there all alone in case something happened, that's all."

"That was you?" Wade asked, his voice sounded like he was over acting the shock.
Robbie grinned. "So, what are you? Some kind of witch?"

"It is," Ella agreed but she feared the worst for them. The chances of someone finding them were slim, a person walked this road maybe one a week. Then there was their uncle to think about, where had he gone?

"Here's what I suggest you do," Alexa began. "You take the little one here over to the day care. There are kids in there but I don't know about adults. I need you to see for us." She looked to be handling the kid fine, was Alexa's conclusion when she'd proposed the idea. "Then head to the plaza. If you find no one. We'll see you there."

(She sounds a little like Mary to me does Darla only I wouldn't want her to have Mary's end ;=;)
If you want to continue role playing her I can add in a young kid charrie; I have Kara from the last roleplay.

"Well, it was me, I think, b-but I'm not a witch.. Oh, you won't tell anyone, will you?" Her eyes widened; she seemed frightened by the prospect that the secret she had kept for a long time might finally be out.

"I thought you were dead," Rosie said, her voice catching a little as the shock finally caught up with her, "I thought you were dead and I was dying."

"Okay, will do, see ya!" Darla smiled cheerfully and trotted off in the direction of the daycare.
"How many kids d'you reckon are in this town?" Lupus asked once she was gone.

(Yes. ;=;
That would be cool!)

"That depends witch. I mean, what are you going to do if we do?" Wade asked. He seemed to joking but you couldn't be to sure.

"So did I," Ella admitted. "Maybe we still are." She had no where to move and if those really were vultures circling them then there was a good chance they would be dropping down dead.

Alexa watched her leave and turned to Lupus. She shook her head. "I don't know, there were at least 1000 adults, maybe about 4/500 kids," she suggested with a shrug.
They began moving forwards again, nearing Blake and Leo's house.

Lara had lost her mum. One minute she was holding her hand at the traffic lights waiting for them to turn red for the cars so they could cross. The next she was gone, the red light had flickered on and the beeping had begun telling them to make their way across only Kara couldn't, not without her mum. Where had she gone? She was right there. Tears broke down in Karas eyes as she became distressed.

This seemed to make Lotta pause, unsure of herself. She wasn't exactly a very frightening girl, so she couldn't really intimidate anybody.
"Er... I don't know." She replied truthfully with a slightly nervous giggle.

"Maybe we went comatose," Rosie nodded solemnly, wincing as she discovered a new pain in her foot where she had violently hit the seat. "How do we get out?"

"Jesus," Was Lupus's only response at first, as he followed Alexa towards the first couple of houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.