TRAPPED - a GONE role play (Bramble and Beel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darla heard the girl before she saw her.
She rounded a corner, following the noise, and soon saw the culprit; in her mind, she could basically figure out roughly what had happened, assuming it was like what had happened in the grocery store.
"Hey, it's okay," She said softly as she got nearer, crouching down to the girl's height.

"So, really, what you're saying is we could tell someone you just wouldn't do anything about it," Wade said with a grin and a smirk.
"Ooh, I'm so scared," chided Robbie with a grin.

"what's comatose?" Ella asked frowning. She'd heard the word somewhere but couldn't remember what it meant.

Alexa nodded. Not all those kids would be able to understand what was happening either, she didn't understand but she understood what it meant; if the adults really had all disappeared. She just hoped that she wasn't the cause.

Tears streamed down the girls face as she saw Darla, she snuffled, wiping her runny nose on the back of her hand. "Have you seen my mum?" She asked, sobbing.

"Well, yeah, I guess. I'm not, like, violent or anything." They were making Lotta feel uneasy, she wondered if it showed. Nervous, she took a small step back.

"Like, a coma, I think," Rosie shrugged, wincing at the action, "Ugh, I never want to ride in a truck ever again."

Lupus said nothing at first as he continued after Alexa, running things through in his mind as they moved. Chances were, the adults were gone, but for how long, he didn't know.
"Maybe it's just this town. A delivery lorry might come through or something."

"No, honey, but I'm sure she'll be back soon," Darla cooed, though she wasn't sure herself, "Er, you want to come get a cookie?" It was a simple, random thing, but she herself had always been a comfort eater.

"Do you wanna be let in on a little secret?" Wade asked, a sparkle in his eye.
"Ooh, I don't now if we should," Robbie said. It half sounded like they were rehearsing a play; like they were just reciting the lines without putting any meaning into them.

"This really puts a whole new perspective on road kill," Ella said and softly laughed; not daring to move to much in case she ruptured something. She didn't say anything for a while and the two of them just remained in silence until she perked up again. "You know, for a moment I really thought I'd died. Then, I dunno, something seemed to pull me back."

"I never thought of that," Alexa said considering the possibility.
"And if it's the whole world?" Blake asked. No one answered that question.
They soon arrived at Blake's house. The door was unopened but not locked so they entered with ease. "Mom," Blake called then, "Dad." There was no reply.
Blake's house was pristinely tidy; nothing was left out that could be broken. Anything precious or that a small child could swallow was kept locked behind doors sealed with child safety locks. In fact, everything was child safe from the kitchen gas nobs to the covers over the electrical sockets.

Kara sniffled again. Her eyes were still bubbling with fresh tears but they were slowing now someone was talking to her. She seemed to pick up at the idea of a cookie but she couldn't - wouldn't drop the idea of her mum. "My Mum says I'm not allowed cookies."

"Er... Okay..?" Lotta tilted her head a bit and brushed some hair from her face, curious gut at the same time still a bit on edge.

"I thought you were dead and I thought I was dying. I don't really know what happened, there was blood everywhere." Rosie fluttered her hands a bit to emphasise 'everywhere'.

"Maybe they were out..." Leo tried, but it was clear his hopeful optimism had diminished. He had little doubt that his house would be just as empty as this one, and the one after that, and the one after that.

"I'm sure just one wouldn't hurt," Darla coaxed, smiling. She didn't want to encourage bad habits, but she was just trying to calm the little girl down. No doubt there were more like her, and Darla knew somebody would have to round them up.

"She wants to know," Wade said. Then he nudged Robbie. "Why don't you go first?" Robbie grinned.
"Very well then."
At first he was stood in front of them. Then within a split, confusing second and what seemed like smoke, he was suddenly behind Lotta, tapping her on her shoulder.

"It's funny," Ella began, "I thought I had more injuries than this."

"Maybe," Blake said. "If she went out, my mum would have gone to Cliff top; she goes there to play tennis sometimes."
"What about your brother?" Alexa asked, a slight hint of worry in her voice.
"If she went then she may have taken Henry with her, if not he might have gone with my Dad this morning. It's not as if I can shout to him; he won't respond. If he's here, we'll have to find him."

Kara nodded. "Ok," she yielded, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

Lotta jumped, spun around, and then turned back again.
"What the heck? How did you..?" She stuttered, eyes wide, seeming to have forgotten the fact that she had frozen a boy's hand only a couple of minutes prior.

"You did," Rosie admitted, looking at her hands with suspicion, "There was one right here," She drew a line where her hand had been before she was asleep, "I just had my hand on it, it was bleeding..."

"I can go check around upstairs if you want," Lupus offered with a shrug, not really knowing why he was being more helpful than usual.

"C'mon, we'll go to the day care and you can play with some other kids, yeah?" Darla offered her a cookie from the grocery bag she was balancing in the crook of her arm with some difficulty, still bouncing the baby. "I'm Darla, what$s your name, honey?"

"You're not the only one with an ability, Lotta," Wade began. "You're special, like us."

"How did you-" Ella said, looking at where Rosie had drawn the line, then up at Rosie herself. She didn't know what to think. "You couldn't of-" Then she scowled though the ache in her face told her not to. "Rose, this isn't the time to make jokes," Ella said even though she knew Rosie hardly ever made jokes.

Blake nodded. "Ok." She breathed than she began thinking. "Me and Leo can check down here, you and Alexa can take upstairs." Alexa nodded.
"Ok." She saw the look on Blake's face and added, "It's ok, we'll find him."

"Kara," the little girl said. "Kara. My names Kara."

"You know my name?" That was Lotta's first blurted question, and another soon followed, "Well, what can you do?"

"I'm not joking, Ella!" Rosie snapped, "Do you really think I'd joke about something like that?"

"Sure," Lupus nodded, Leo echoing him a moment afterwards. Almost immediately, Lupus set off for the stairs, jot bothering to check if Alexa was following.

"Pretty name," Darla complimented, offering Kara her hand as she began to walk in the direction of the daycare.

They ignored the first question however, the second, Wade answered but not in the way Lotta would have liked. "You don't get to know my ability, yet."

"No," Ella admitted. "But it does sound a bit far fetched." She looked down at her hand, then briefly at her leg before having to look away again. "How did you do it? Do you think you can do it again?"

They searched high and low, fa and near but they could not find Henry.

"Thank you, " Kara said. "So's yours."

"Seems a bit unfair," Lotta commented, but didn't press the matter, "So, er, what's your name? Names, sorry."

"I just sort of focused and prayed, y'know? I guess I could try again? What do we have yo lose?" Rosie shrugged, nervous of failing. Maybe she was just delusional.

"Did he go to work with your parents?" Lupus asked, taking the stairs two at a time as he descended.

"Thanks," Darla grinned, pushing open the door to the daycare. As she had expected, it was filled with frightened babies and toddlers, some crying. She did what she could, put on a Disney film, hugged, but eventually what worked was singing a lullaby.
They all just stopped.

It might have seemed unfair to most people, he agreed with Lotta, but Wade liked to feel that he had power over other people and not the other way around, leaving him to keep his power secret until the time was right. "My names Wade," he said, introducing himself. "This is my friend, Robbie."
Robbie nodded at the mention of his name. The two boys couldn't have been any less similar in looks with Robbie looking like a relaxed 'surfer dude' and Wade with his dark hair and pale skin looking slightly more gothic. Only, nothing about Wade screamed Goth.

"You think it was God?" Ella asked. She'd never been a big believer in God but their mum had made them attend church every Sunday. As well as Sunday school when they were younger.

"I hope so," Blake commented, running a hand through her hair. Stress was starting to show. "At least-" she stopped almost like she was trying to correct myself. "I don't know, I'm not sure." Alexa put an arm around her friends shoulder.
"It's ok, B," she said in an attempt to comfort her.

Kara found herself entranced by Darla's voice.

"Well, you seem to already know my name," Lotta giggled a bit, glancing over her shoulder, growing a little more confident. Still, she felt a little intimidated; there was just something about them.

"Maybe, I don't know. It'd be nice to repay us after he chucked us down a ravine," Rosie laughed, tentatively resting her hand on one of Ella's wounds and concentrating hard, just like last time.

"We could drive up to wherever your dad works?" Lupus suggested half heartedly; in all honesty, he didn't really care about the kid, but he was just going with the flow.

Darla finished and grinned, pleased she calmed the kids down, though it was a bit weird.
"Okay, well, let's just watch a movie for a hit, okay? There's dressup in the corner too, I think."

Robbie smirked. "Course," he said.

Ella braced herself, the pain from Rosie pressing down was excruciating. She didn't even want to think about handling her leg or hand - yet. First, she had to see if this would work.

"Like any of us know how to drive," Alexa pointed out harshly.
"Besides. Don't you guys want to check your places?" Blake pointed out. She looked like she needed to take her mind off this - like she about to break down any second and was barely holding it together.

The kids nodded in reply and began to settle down into their normal routines.

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean?" Lotta frowned, running a hand through her blonde curls before folding her arms, determined to seem at least a little bit more confident.

"I hope it works," Was all Rosie said as she focused all of her energy and thoughts on wanting to heal the injury. She snuck a glance, pressed her hand back down, and continued, "I feel like an idiot."

"Nah. I don't care." Lupus said simply, a hint of malice in his tone.
"Well, I could run to my house, it's not too far from here." Leo piped up.

Relieved and also quite proud of herself, Darla dropped into a chair and set the baby down on the floor to crawl around for a bit; the daycare was mostly child proofed, so she wasn't too stressed.

"How wouldn't we know you?" Robbie rephrased.

"Just think, heal," Ella said. She wasn't sure she believed in Rosie either but as crazy as it seemed, trying it seemed better than not.

"Ok," Alexa said. "Let's go there then." She didn't want to pressurise Lupus into anything. She'd just met the guy so she could understand why he wouldn't want them going round to his house, but she sensed it was something deeper than that.

Kara walked over to Darla. "Have you heard from my mum?" She asked. She was older than most of the children already there.

"Well, I don't really know you," Lotta admitted simply, twirling some hair in a distant manner, "That's all, really."

"Okay, okay," Rosie nodded and then focused with all of her strength on healing her sister, just like the last time. "Does it feel different?"

Leo was out of the door in a flash, obviously still clinging on to the hope that his mother would be home, though he doubted it.
Lupus just nodded and trudged after Leo.

"Not yet, hon, but I'm sure she won't be gone long. I'll let you know, okay?" Darla offered, just trying to comfort Kara; she herself wasn't sure when things would be normal, so she was nervous too.

Wade smirked, his eyes running Lotta up and down. She was a sweet girl really, and pretty to look at.

Ella frowned. "It feels cold," she said uncertainly. An icy sensation had begun in her leg from where Rosie was holding it but it didn't hurt. In act the pain was decreasing.

Alexa and Blake followed. Alexa had begun to developed a lump in her throat, thinking about when she'd get home.

Kara nodded. "Thanks she said, grinning a toothy grin before seeing if she could join in wit the other children's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.