Torn between two Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In the human world, people are killed for telling stories about the Great War that might conspire and awaken ideas that perhaps the war was nothing but futile and done in greed. People are silenced every day and it's against the law to talk about the Great War..." Ailina said and she lowered her gaze while she clenched her hand over her heart. "That's the reason my father was killed, he spoke about the Great War and one guard that had been his friend... turned against him in greed and handed him over to the King. My father was publicly executed, simply because he spoke." She sighed and she then looked towards the elf. "Trust me on this one, it's for your own good if you don't get involved with me. You might be killed."

"Milady there are thousands of times a day that I stare death in the face and do not flinch. I would not feel right if I refused to help you in your time of need." He began to think of his father who died of illness and grabbed his own chest. "My father died of a illness and warned me of humans. He said they were barbaric and liars. You do not seem like that." He felt like he could trust her which raised suspensions in his conscious of what he was doing. He didn't know if he was making a mistake, or if he was doing the right thing.

She blinked a few times in surprise before she smiled gently. "Not all humans are barbaric and liars, there are still a good few of the honest ones left. They've just become more rare is all." She said with a small nod and she then inclined her head towards the elf. "My name is Ailina, I suppose that you won't be leaving my side anytime soon so I might as well give you my name." Ailina said in a joking manner while she let out a small chuckle.

"Well Ailina it is nice to meet you my name is Valen." He bowed slightly and gracefully then stood. "We should keep moving and get as much traveling as we can done. The woods they come alive with evils at night."

She smiled gently and inclined her head. "It's a pleasure, Valen." She said and then started to walk again and she raised an eyebrow. "What evils?" She asked as she looked towards him.

"Animals stir and there are rumors of something larger then animals living in these woods. Normally I would head home but with you I dare not take that risk. My kin, well, they might be more lucky then that band of mercenaries back there." He followed quickly behind his bow ready at any instant.

Ailina looked around as they walked and once the evening was drawing closer, she looked around for a place where they could rest for the night. Ailina shivered slightly as she was beginning to feel cold when the temperature started to drop.

"Ailina I need you to stay here. I'll return with some fire wood and we'll start a fire. Did you bring anything to use as cover?" He partly hoped she did because if not then he'd have to gather supplies to build a shelter as well. A shelter that had to fit two fully grown people into it.

"I didn't really have time to think when I packed. Seeing as I was running for my life. I only have some food, water and some change of clothes, but that's it." She said with a small shrug and she sat down on the ground.

"I'll be back soon." He knew exactly were to go running across the forest floor was natural to him. He knew every leaf, twig, and small plant. The forest was his home but lately something was different and with this monster running around he didn't know what was going on. Nothing in his life made sense. Why was he trusting this human? why was the forest changing? And above all why did he run away from his home? He found a pile of sticks and wrapped them up with a nearby vine then attached them to his belt then darted of to find bigger sticks, and a Albertian leaves they'd provide good cover for the night. It wasn't hard to find several big sticks but he couldn't carry the sticks and leaves so he headed back to the camp. When he arrived he placed the bigger sticks in one pile then handed over the bundle to Ailina.
"Know how to make a fire Ailina?" She did no doubt in his mind but he had to be absolutely sure.

"Of course, otherwise I would've froze to death by now." She said as she looked up at him when he returned. Need me to do it?" She asked.

"Yes I still have some thing to collect for our make shift shelter." He charged off back into the forest trying to get everything before the forest was completely dark. It didn't take him long to find a wild section of Albertian plants he plucked the massive leaves off and charged back to the camp on his way he heard a roar louder than any bear he had ever heard and more terrifying then a surrounding pack of wolves. He had to reach Alinia and make sure she was okay. As he charged back he tripped and rolled but hit his shoulder pretty hard.
"Damn it." He groaned as he stood back up to continue running. He arrived and dropped the leaves then grabbed in his shoulder which stung it was fine though just a good bruise.

Ailina looked around as she heard a roar and she frowned deeply, she jolted slightly when she heard a twig snap and then exhaled deeply as it was just a rabbit that was now fleeing from Ailina. She looked towards Valen as he came back and she stood up and then approached him. "What happened? Are you okay?" She asked as she saw him holding his shoulder.

"Fine I just slipped is all. Bruised it perhaps but nothing serious." He started working on the shelter and moving the larger branches and sticks into position to form a small hut then using the leaves as cover. "You don't mind sharing the same shelter do you?"He looked to her for approval.

She raised her eyebrows and then showed a small shrug. "I ain't too picky." She said and then entered the hut. She sat down on the ground while she listened to the leaves rustling in the wind as a breeze passes by. She hugged herself as she was still a bit cold, but she was gradually becoming warmer as she sat by the small fireplace. "Judging on the winds, it's going to start raining soon." She said as she looked outside from where she was sitting.

"Yes and the trees will drink most of the rain and what their leaves miss our shelter should shield us from." He tried to crawl in without entering her space but it was very difficult considering the size of the hut. "Sorry about this if I had planned it the shelter would've been slightly bigger." He sighed slightly then tried to maneuver so that they had a little space but it was nearly impossible.

Her arm brushed against his when he sat down but she didn't seem too bothered about it and she continued to look outside. Sure enough, it soon began to rain and she smiled as she watched the rain, as if it was calming her.

He could see her smiling when it was raining and it was nice he'd admit but he was to concerned with that beast out there. That wasn't something natural to this forest and that concerned him more then anything else.

"The rain has always been so soothing. It's just as if it washes away my problems while it pours down." She said and she brushed some hair behind her ear. "Valen... What stories do they tell about humans?" She asked in a careful manner, after all, she didn't want to pry too much on a touchy subject.

"They don't tell any. It is as if the great war has been washed away and all that remains is the hate it created." He looked at his feet and was confused on what he was doing with her. He still confused on everything that had happened in the very, very small day. "I always thought the same of the rain but it is hard to concentrate on happiness with that monstrosity lurking around the forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.