2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
So I've been meaning to post an rp for awhile now on this site, yet I have a slight predicament. There are two rps that I've been working on. One is historical, possibly fantasy too, and the other one is modern/post-apocalyptic. Now I like both concepts, but I don't want to post them both because 1) I'm lazy 2) if they both died I would fade away into nothing 3) did I already mention I'm lazy? yeah. So anyways, take a look at both concepts and I guess the one with the most interest will be posted. And if it's a tie.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk man

Here they are:

throne_room_by_yefumm-d4ghzcf.jpg

1) ASCENSION (historical/kingdom rp)

"This is a kingdom built on blood and bone. Never forget that."

They were conquerors once. Before crown was placed upon head, the House san Caliburn was known for battle, the sound of steel clashing on steel their own distinct war cry. They strove for godhood; in the end, they settled for the throne. They were the last of the nations to settle into monarchy, and it showed.

Deceit. Murder. Conspiracy. These things have never strayed far from court; in fact, certain ambitious ones welcome them, for that is the only way to move up in the world. No one's position is safe, not even the king's. Tradition dictates that the king choose the next heir to the throne before he dies, regardless of which child is born first. Yet if the king dies before doing so, the decision is left to the council. This remains the case for the latest king, who died of mysterious circumstances.

Blablabla anyways *casually interrupts self* So this rp is all about making allies, backstabbing, and all the juicy glories of drama. While I don't mind romance, please know that anything can happen. In a world that constantly turns on itself, your beloved character might be loved by all one day, and accused of treason the next day. This story focuses on six pivotal roles: the prince, the man who is the most likely heir; yet if he continues to prove a decadent and immature young prince, the council might decide otherwise. There is the bastard child, the prince's older brother who sees his chance for redemption and will do anything to assassinate his brother's character--even literally, if that's what it takes. Outside of and indirectly affecting this power struggle are four other roles: the lady, the mistress, the chancellor, and the foreigner, all who have their own ulterior motives in addition to the main plot. And finally, the underlying issue: who killed the king? Like wtf. He was only 50. Why does no one care

And that's what I have. I think it will be really interesting and fun to play that. It's almost like all the characters are frenemies lol and I'm also open to plot suggestions too, of course.

sick_by_kindoffreak-d5m7oy4_1.jpg

2) PLAGUE (modern/post-apocalptyic) ^btw this isn't the main banner...it's not ready yet >_>

When the first body washed up on the shores of Florida, hardly anyone noticed. It was the age of oblivion for America and its citizens, a time where fun and exciting made the news, but news without the rose-tinted glasses were a turn-off. So it was no surprise that the 14 year old girl found dead on the beach barely caused a stir. "Teenage girl found dead on the beach" was the tiny bulletpoint dedicated to her on the fourteenth page of the newspapers. It took less than an hour to tag and bag her, to slip a number around her neck and cast her off as nothing. But she wasn't nothing. And if the medical examiner hadn't been tired, if he hadn't already been rushed by superiors, perhaps he would've noticed that unusual blooming of rashes on the girl's fingers, and perhaps the future would have turned out vastly different. But alas, it did not. The medical examiner was careless, and as he began to lock up the lab for the night, he started to cough.

"The Cold Plague" was the headline for next month's article read. Everywhere you went, there were people sniffling, coughing, and understandably miserable. It seemed like the common cold had gripped America in its hold, and there wasn't one household that was free from red-nosed victims. Doctors were baffled as to the cause of this. Eventually, they blamed it on "rampant allergies" and bad diets, and with a heavy prescription of Tylenol, the world moved on in its self-imposed oblivion. And it was during this period of ignorance that more bodies began to surface on the beach. Where they came from, no one knew; but their sudden appearances coincided strongly with the sudden civil warfare on the island of Cuba. The news speculated whether these victims were the result of this war. Some, however, thought something more sinister was afoot. A man named Dr. Kevin Armis was the first to fully investigate the bodies. As the U.S. prepared to send troops to Cuba, Dr. Armis studied the washed-up bodies in detail, recording all his findings in audio tracks that would later be dubbed Genesis files. The more he examined, the more he realized that The Cold Plague was not simply a cold at all; it was something first. Immediately, he set off for the White House, desperate to report his findings in person. Unfortunately, he never made it there; police later found his car wrapped around a lamppost due to an "unknown cause". His tapes, on the other hand, managed to make it into the hands of the President. But by then, it was too-late. The troops had already landed in Cuba. And what they saw were bodies. Carnage. And the shuffling forms of half-dead victims.

Another black death was upon the world, and its name was Armis*.

Panic swept through the nations. The modern nations swiftly closed down their borders, but it was too late; refugees from Cuba and other poorer countries had been steadily pouring in beforehand, and almost all of them had some form of Armis. In a matter of months, countries were dissolving into chaos as the diseased outnumbered the healthy, and in a desperate attempt to protect themselves, the healthy retreated behind the thick walls surrounding cities. Those who were unlucky enough to be left outside soon devolved into violent savagery in order to stay alive. And in some places, whole regions were consumed by Armis. For many months, scientists worldwide struggled to come together and find a cure. Many died in the process; the ones who lived were on the verge of death before they finally finished the first viable cure for Armis. Not a moment passed before the cure was used to treat patients. It took one year for the cure to be administered to all infected people living within the walls. But the infected outside walls were still there, waiting to be cured; the only problem was how to effectively cure areas of land. The first officials who were sent out were killed by both infected and savages alike. It took another failed attempt for humans to realize that they needed to put their heads together and find a way to make this work. Otherwise, the death of mankind was imminent. Plan after plan was trashed, hurled out, and miserably balled up in the corner before a unique idea was shared. And that was the night that they stumbled onto something great, something that would impact the lives for untold future generations.

That was the night the Reapers were born.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, Reapers are a task force designed to save lives, look awesome, and kick ass. This one is DEFINITELY not as dramatic as the first rp (no backstabbing here, mate) so if you're looking for something more light-hearted and adventurous, this is for you. So for the rp, there will be six specialized roles that will be available to play for our unit. More information will be put up on the actual sign-up sheet but this is just a...well not preview, but the story lol.

And here we are! I will provide more details for whichever rp wins in the sign-up thread. So yes, I'm asking you to be satisfied with a cliffhanger. Oh, and don't be put off with how short Ascension's info is. I've got it finished no worries. I look forward to your feedback.

Last edited:
I Love them both , Gahh killer ideas you have here , Dear!

I do have one or two questions to ask.^^

Reactions: Kuno
Both

I forgot how much I liked the idea of Plague again. My vote was first for Ascension (because sentiments and politics), but rereading Plague again has me waver. I vote both, count me in for both, so whichever you release.

I forgot how much I liked the idea of Plague again. My vote was first for Ascension (because sentiments and politics), but rereading Plague again has me waver. I vote both, count me in for both, so whichever you release.

And here I was thinking you'd help me make a decision...fml

Leaning more towards Plague, but I'm down for both ideas. 8D

Welcome back, Kuno!

• Thank You
Ooohhh. I like both ideas, but I think I'm liking Plague just a bit more c:

Well...just from looking at it now it seems like Plague has won. I guess there's no need to prolong this any longer >_> Thank you guys so much for your feedback! It's really helped me see what interests you guys. Even though Ascension lost, I will still post it, but considerably later. I might even seek out a co-poster..gm...thingy to help me post it. I got big plans for it.

Anyways, I will post the link here when I've posted the thread!

The sign-ups are officially up! Go check it out here.