To be Reaped (with wolfthehybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuro shrugged, "Eh, i'm in a weird mood, let me pull odd faces." She gave a chuckle and tilted her head to the side when Seth leaned in, kissing back happily as one of her hands moved up to mess with his hair like the last time. Her other hand moved from the small of his back to his chest, running her hand along his chest and down to his stomach.

Kuro sighed happily into the kiss, her tongue slowly tracing along Seth's bottom lip as she gently tugged on the hair at the back of his head. Her hand continued to run over the male's abdomen, probably straying too close to his more private area but she didn't care. She just wanted to snog the human had had stolen her heart like it was nothing.

She grinned and suddenly pushed Seth onto his back, now hovering above him as she pulled away from the kiss and began kissing along his jaw and down his neck, licking the skin with a grin.

"As you wish." If she wanted to make strange faces then he was fine with that. It was cute. He let out a satisfied growl when her hand moved to his hair, and as her other hand touched his chest he lightly tugged her bottom lip. It had been awhile since he had been touched like this. No, that was not right. It had been awhile since he had been touched, but this was more than just a meaningless night with some woman. This was the feeling he hid from and denied. This was to be with someone who loved him, and each line her fingers traced and each kissed showed that.

He held back from using his own tongue, wanting her to enjoy what she was doing without interference, but let out a happy sound when she tugged his hair. One of his hands rubbed along her left side of her back, and when she pushed him down he licked his bottom lip. Instinctively he tilted his head up to give her better access. His voice was a low rumble. "Careful how far you go. I am not one to say no." A wolfish smile appeared on his face to partner with bliss.

Kuro grinned and chuckled slightly, rolling off of him and sitting up, leaning back on her hands and looking back at Seth with a grin tugging at her lips, "Maybe later, it would be odd if a nurse walked in..." She held back a laugh at the picture she had painted in her mind before swinging her legs over the side of the hospital bed, tilting her head back as she looked over at the clock, reading the time with a hum.

She moved her head to watch Seth from over her shoulder, a slight grin tugging at her lips as she watched him.

Seth let out a defeated sigh when she moved off of him. "Fair enough. That one nurse already has enough reasons to dislike me. I don't think she believed when I told her dogs destroyed the room." He shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'what can you do'. It is not as if he had lied, but the truth was a bit hard to believe. Not to mention his disappearance, the way he treated the skittish nurse, and his refusal of their help. He wouldn't believe anything that came out of his mouth either. Then he remembered something the nurse had said earlier and he burst out laughing. "The nurse already suspects me of doing things with a girl. I guess the look on my face gave everything away." His body relaxed into the bed.

He watched her watching him and smiled lazily, letting his mind wander. First he thought of all the things he wanted to do to her, then he thought of the kisses she had given him, and after that his mind wandered onto other topics. How long did he have to live? Had they found and dealt with Mark? How did Kuro's conversation with Lucifer go? "Did you have to play twenty questions with Lucifer?" The man had appeared while Seth was crying, and now that he thought about it he made himself look weak in front of the devil. How wonderful.

Kuro gave a dry laugh, "I went home and curled up to cry while I questioned my emotions, when I finally did get to Death Lucifer was already there. He tried asking about my bloodshot eyes but I just brushed him off, once I had my info I came here and we ended up making out." She leaned back on her hands and sent him a lazy grin.

"How about we play a game of 'Ask Kuro.' I can tell you have a few questions and this'll give you a chance to learn about everything." The reaper offered as she turned to sit facing Seth and crossed her legs.

In would serve as a distraction to the Mark problem at hand, which they would need to deal with as soon as possible, and it would let her spend some time with Seth and hear him talk.

Seth had felt bad that she had cried for so long, but could understand why, and was glad that Death or Lucifer did not pursue her to figure out what was wrong, at least not yet. He was also glad he could help her feel better, and hoped everything would work out in the end. If things did not go well he would fight, but what if he couldn't win and her heart broke again? He closed his eyes for a moment. It was best not to think about that. Opening his eyes he looked at her. "Sounds good." He tilted his head for a moment before deciding on a question. "Do reapers only collect the dead and greet infants, or is there more to the job?"

"Reapers don't just control the death of humans, we control bacteria dying, the spreading of disease and also when animals die. Without reapers and Death then the world would be overrun with disease, we also look after any young children that have passed away. Still births and miscarriages are the worst..." She gave a sigh before leaning back in her seat.

"We also have slight control over somebody's future, not very much just a small amount." Kuro gave a slight shrug and began to mess with her black hair, twirling it around a slender finger.

It was good to know there was more to being a reaper. The bacteria and disease was something he never would have suspected. It was interesting, but only slightly. Living on the streets he had rarely gotten sick, and he supposed he had the reapers to partly thank for that. The thought that children died made him sad. He had to disagree that still-births and miscarriages would be the worst. To have to take a young child away, one old enough to have started planning out a life, would be the hardest, knowing the kid would never get to take a chance at the dreams that had been created.

Two more questions came to Seth's mind. "Any idea what happened to the two guys that attacked me? Also, what can I expect after I die?" He knew of the option, and somewhat of how his fate would be decided, but was there more that he should know?

Kuro hummed slightly, "I don't actually know about them, I think they're still alive, they seemed pretty unconscious when I found you though, maybe they're here. No idea." She gave a shrug before thinking about how to answer his second question.

"When your time comes, or if I end up taking your life early, you'll feel a dash of pain for a split second after your heart stops and everything goes numb, that's because your soul just got ripped from your body, but it'll be gone so quickly you won't even have time to react. You'll be stood with me and you'll feel... Odd. Being dead and all, you won't really be able to feel, whole? I guess, it's hard to explain, you just know you're dead. Then i'll take you to Death, he'll tell you what you are and then you get shoved into that role. You don't feel that much different when you're a reaper, although you are colder then usual and not having to eat, sleep or drink will fuck with your head kinda, but you'll get into the swing of things."

She gave a shrug, "Be prepared to feel kinda light headed at first though, I tap you when it's your time and then you die. It will probably hurt though..."

Seth gave a small nod. "I don't hold anything against them. That is the way of the streets and something I understood well. It is a battle to the top and most of the time not pretty. What I don't agree with was how dirty of tactics they used. It showed how cowardly they were, but that is also something one can expect on the streets." He gave her an apologetic smile. This was probably something she did not want to hear.

He sat up as she talked about what he could expect. He was surprised at how much he accepted the fate to come. Any bit of pain would be fine. It was something he had come to expect out of life, and occasionally he enjoyed it. Along with adrenaline rushes, it made him feel alive. That was a strange thought, as he would be dead soon. As for what it would feel like to be dead he could not even begin to imagine, so he would deal with that when the time came. The part about Death telling him what he was did not settle well. If he got a role he did not agree with (the only one he would agree with would be a reaper so he could stay with Kuro) then things would get heated. Feeling his fists start to clench he slowly relaxed them and took in the rest of what Kuro said. He was used to lack of food and sleep so hopefully that would help. Not having to drink on the other hand would be strange. "Thanks for telling me all this. I can't say I mind the thought of dying anymore." He sat up and let a hand rest on hers. "So, do you think anyone will come check on you soon?" Specifically Death or Lucifer. "I don't want to be asleep if someone comes."

Kuro chuckled, "I'll be heading back to my room in a sec so you can rest and i'll be safe. Oh! Right that's something I need to explain, each reaper gets their own little pocket dimension that acts as a 'home'. The inside of the house will look like however you want it to and nobody can get into your pocket dimension unless you bring them in, you even get a front and backyard! But there's some force field that stops you from wandering into a void. Pretty cool huh?"

She let out a soft chuckle, leaning over slightly, "Well, you should probably rest, tomorrow is gonna be hell on Earth and I don't know if Death is bringing you along to confront Mark but if he is you'll need all the rest you can get." She pressed a kiss against Seth's nose, "g'night."

Seth was sad she would be leaving, but it was more important that she was safe than staying with him. Plus, she gave him something new to think about in case he woke up bored. He quite like the idea of his own little home, and the fact that it could look however the owner wanted it to was exciting. Dorothy had been right on one thing. There's no place like home. "Yeah. That is pretty cool." Hearing about the 'force field', he was tempted to try it out if he became a reaper. Knowing his luck though, his field would fail and he would wander into the void. That would be an experience..

"I hope he brings me with, but can't blame him if he doesn't. I am not much use in this state." He smiled when she kissed his nose and called out a goodnight before she decided to vanish. Once she did he looked around, not feeling like he could sleep yet. Running his hands through his hair he wrinkled his nose. Screw the pain, he needed a shower. The nurse would probably be upset, but he would be sure to only get his hair wet. Standing up he walked to the bathroom and closed the door.

A few minutes later he stepped out of the bathroom, rubbing his head with a towel to dry his hair. The knob on the door turned and he plastered a smile on his face as a nurse walked in. "I don't like to neglect my hair." He said, trying to defend his reasoning for being out of bed.

"Yeah. Just put a shirt on and get back in bed. How are you suppose to heal up if you are always moving around? Also, I was hoping you would tell me yourself but I guess I have to ask. What is your name, hon?"

Seth shook his head when she asked how he would ever get better. If only she knew. He did as she said though, and then let her check his vitals. When she asked for his name he shrugged. "Don't know. Guess I must have left my wallet at home." He watched her give him a look before leaving. After she was gone he lay back and fell asleep.

Kuro had wandered into her little pocket universe and collapsed onto her queen sized bed, gripping at the black covers as she arched her back and turned her head to the alarm clock next to her, she would not be able to sleep because of the amount of rest she got last night. With a huff she dug around in her bedside desk and pulled out her phone and red over-ear headphones.

Once she had her playlist playing on shuffle she just leaned her head back and stared at the ceiling.

When she snapped out of her dreamworld and actually turned to look at the clock she nearly freaked out, Seth would probably already be awake by now. She pulled off her headphones and stood up, changing into a grey shirt, black jeans and a black hoodie before teleporting back to the hospital.

"I'm here, got lost in my own little mind world."

Death, who had appeared an hour ago, glared at Kuro who gave a sheepish grin and put her hands up in mock defence. Lilith rolled her eyes at the two and looked over at Tenshi who was messing with the hospital equipment, Jackal wasn't here surprisingly.

"Hey bird-brain stop messing with human stuff, little miss late-alot is here so we can finally get over to this dick's office and kill him."

Kuro glared at the blonde, "She isn't coming with us... Is she?"

Death stood up, now towering over everybody as always, "Yea, and Lilith we are not killing the demon unless he refuses to negotiate. Seth will be coming with us, think of it as a way to get him used to the life style, I already had Tenshi completely numb all of his wounds."

Kuro chuckled, "Wish I had been here to see that- You washed your hair, I can tell you washed your hair." She walked over to Seth and ran her hands through his black locks, grinning.

Seth had been sitting up since Tenshi numbed the wounds. It was strange waiting with the other three and not having Kuro around. For once he kept himself mostly silent, only speaking when the nurse came in (a different nurse than usual since the other one was off for the day) and a few random words to the others. At least now there was a chance they could be gone and back before the nurse decided to check on him again.

A wave of relief washed over him when Kuro finally showed up. "Glad you are back. Do I even want to ask about your mind world?" He shook his head, indicating she did not have to answer that. It was hard to joke and flirt with her, not knowing what was ok to say with the others around. He listened to Lilith, Kuro, and Death. It seemed some things would never change.

He was sure she would have liked to see Tenshi numb the wounds. The only reason he allowed it was because it would not make him sleepy, unlike the medicine the nurses tried to give him. Also, he would not have gotten to go with otherwise, and this was something he wanted to be there for. He couldn't help but smile when Kuro walked over to him, his eyes closing for a minute to enjoy the feel of her fingers. "Yeah. Figured it needed some love. Sorry you have to deal with Lilith, but at least we don't have that one demon to worry about. But I suppose we go now."

Kuro chuckled softly, completely missing the soft smile that Death had sent the two, which quickly vanished when the reaper turned to face him, "Alright, let's go deal with this demon then."

Death nodded as Tenshi and Lilith left, he placed a hand on Kuro's and Seth's shoulders before teleporting with them.

They were stood in an office, three of the walls were made out of glass, showing the busy city outside, the wall they were stood with their backs to held double doors made of polished oak wood. A large black carpet took up most of the area around the metal desk that was opposite the doors. There were two glass tables on each side of the room, both surrounded with comfy looking black chairs.

Kuro narrowed her eyes at the man sat in a black leather swivel chair, he was grinning at them with perfectly white and straight teeth.

Mark had brown hair that was short and very slightly messy, his eyes were a deep brown colour and his skin was tanned, the male donned a light gray suit with a white button up shirt and black tie.

"I've been waiting for you to arrive, took you long enough to find out about me." He said with a grin and stood up, walking to lean back on the front of his desk, "Oh and Kyla, or should I say Kuro? It's been too long since we last met, sorry about our last encounter, I was in a bit of a bad mood."

Tenshi had to grab Kuro to stop her from lunging at the male, who's grin grew when he saw the pisses look on her face, "You were in a bad mood? You fucking killed me you twat! Then you send your damn dogs after me!"

Death placed a hand on the female's shoulder, she continued to glare at Mark though, at least now she wasn't trying to attack him, "Your hounds are why we're here Mark, we want you to get rid of them, they have been killing my reapers, if you refuse to negotiate then i'll have no choice but to strip you of your demon rank, and send to Purgatory."

Mark tilted his hand back and laughed, his shoulders shaking before he leaned forward again, after calming himself he whistled and the rooms temperature dropped as fog covered the ground. The same three hounds from before crawled out of the ground, snarling when they saw Kuro.

"You should apologise for kicking Bruno, he didn't like that." The alpha 'Bruno' let out a loud bark, as if agreeing.

"Not a fucking chance."

Kuro sneered at Mark as the three hounds sat in front of him, the demon stood up and began to walk towards them, his hands shoved in his pocket.

Seth blinked open his eyes, not used to the teleporting. He looked around the new room. The view, doors, and furniture helped to show him what kind of man Mark was. Then he turned his gaze to the man himself, and one word entered his mind. Pathetic. When Mark spoke it took all of Seth's control to stay still and keep quiet. 'A bit of a bad mood' was no excuse for what he had done. His eyes stayed locked on Mark (never take your eyes from an opponent) when Tenshi stopped Kuro. He was thankful that the angel had, although he could understand Kuro's anger. It was likely they all could, but now was a time for staying in control.

Death spoke and he waited for Mark's reaction. It was clear Mark knew what was going on and unlikely that he would listen, but he knew Death had to give the man a chance. The big question was, would it be easy for Death do strip Mark and send him to purgatory? He did not have a clue how that worked, but hoped it wouldn't be too hard, for Kuro's sake. The laugh was fine, but when Mark whistled and the hellhounds appeared Seth twitched his nose in disgust. Coward.

The hounds growling at Kuro caused Seth to tense up slightly. He would not allow Kuro to get hurt. Not like last time, even if Tenshi could heal the wounds. Then Mark started walking toward them. Of course. Now that he had the hellhounds to help protect him he could act brave. Without a word Seth stepped in front of Kuro, fists balled at his side and eyes cold. The others would probably tried to stop him, but for now his only thought was Bring it asshole.

Mark chuckled, "So you think i'm a coward, eh? Oh well, you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, but you are only human so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. My hounds aren't here to protect me, there here to help rip Kuro's necklace from around her neck while she takes her last dying breaths." He sneered at the male, his pupils expanding and turning his eyes a charcoal black. The demon smiled, "It's actually kind of cute how you think you could stand a chance against me, but Kuro I do have somebody I would like you to meet, you might now them already."

He strolled back over to his desk, petting Bruno's head as he passed. The male clicked a button on his desk and shortly after the doors opened, a girl around 16 walking in quickly, "You w-wanted to see me s- oh my god.."

The female had dark brown hair tied up in a pony tail and doe like eyes that were the exact same shade of green as Kuro's. The two girls were staring at each other, both completely shocked. Mark sat on his desk and poured himself a glass of whiskey.

"Wait, can she see us? Who the hell even is she anyway!" Lilith questioned loudly, Death nodded.

"It appears she can see us, I don't know how though, as for who she is..."

Kuro took a few steps forward, the brown haired female doing the same, "S-S-Sis? How... How are you here? You're dead, how are you here?... Is... Is it really you Kyla?"

For once the reaper didn't seem to mind being called by that name, she slowly nodded, "Yeah Sam, it's me...You aren't dreaming before you ask."

Sam covered her mouth, tears building up in her eyes before she suddenly ran forward, surprising Death himself when she managed to practically tackle her sister and not fall through her. Kuro stumbled back but managed to catch the younger girl was now sobbing into her shirt, the reaper buried her face into the top of her sister's hair, tears sliding down her face.

Mark smiled over the top of his whiskey glass as Kuro seemed to tense up suddenly and pull away from her sister, turning to face Mark, "What the HELL is she doing here!?"

The anger in her sister's voice made Sam jump, "W-W..."

The demon let out a dry laugh, "She's been working for me ever since your mother passed away... Wonder how that happened..." He leaned back and tapped his chin in mock thought while Sam gasped, Kuro clenched her teeth in anger.

"You monster..."

Mark chuckled, "I'm a demon what the fuck did you expect? That I would kindly stop being one, i've worked on this plan for far too long to give up on it now. I could kill you all with a flick of my wrist, well, maybe not Death but i'm sure my Hounds will happily deal with him." His black eyes fell on the tall male, "I can do a lot of stuff not even Lucifer can do, you would be a fool to attack me right now, not when I have such a big advantage over you. You won't try anything Kuro, not when your precious sister's at risk."

Kuro wrapped her arms around Sam protectively as she walked back over to the group, Sam looked at everybody, gulping as she pulled herself further into her sister's side, her green eyes focused on her boss.

Seth stayed exactly as he was as the demon spoke and turned his eyes black. Was that suppose to intimidate him? If that is what Mark thought then he had another thing coming. What Mark said about Kuro almost made him go after the demon. Almost (he had taken a step forward), but that was not how to deal with this situation. At least not yet. He waited to see what else would be thrown into the playing field to help things lean more in Mark's favor.

When the door opened he watched out of the corner of one eye as a young girl walked in. She reminded him of Kuro. A few moments later the the girl and Kuro ran towards each other and it clicked. That was her sister. He wanted to look over at the two, but couldn't. He may only be a human, but he would not stand down to such a yellow-bellied snake. Killing Kuro and getting rid of her mother so he could use her sister. And for what? What was he planning?

He took another step towards Mark. "You are a coward. You may not be hiding behind your hellhounds, but you are hiding behind a young girl, and that is even more pathetic. I have met women with more balls than you. Stop hiding behind your threats and face me man to man. No weapons, no underhanded tactics, just you and me. And if you refuse then go to Hell where you belong and burn like a little bitch you worthless fuck."

Mark laughed, "Why should I fight you, do you have a death wish? Do you even know what you're up against? Think about it, Death hasn't tried anything yet, the old man could've attacked me at any given point and he hasn't, ask yourself why that might be?" He sent a grin towards the old man, "the answer, is he knows what I can and what I will do."

Death placed a hand on Seth's shoulder, "Stand down Seth, you're only human, if that demon has the power to kill reapers even without his Hounds I don't want you getting harmed, not when Kuro is so found of you..." The last part was hushed so only he could hear, after that Death turned towards Mark who had downed his drink, "what do you want with Kuro and her sister?"

"Simple, nothing yet, but when the time does come Kyla will have no choice but to listen to what I tell her to do. I own her sister's life at the moment, could kill her in the blink of the eye if so damned pleased, that's what happens when you make a deal with a demon, sure she didn't know she just practically sold me her soul but hey, I own her life now. And if that doesn't work I could always just kill you, then we'll see how tough you really are." His pupils shrunk back down before narrowing into slits as a creepy grinned tugged at his lips.

The Hounds each let out soft growls before sinking back into the fog and Mark vanished in a blast of black smoke.

"I d-didn't mean-" Sam stuttered out, only for Kuro to hush her.

"Hey! It's fine, I'm not gonna let some Lucifer wannabe kill my little sister, the day that happens is the day hell freezes over. But when I get my hands on him when nobody's in danger." She paused and clenched her teeth, "he. Is, fucked."

Tenshi flew over to the younger girl and began inspecting her for any wounds, all the while she gazed at his wings in awe, giving Kuro the chance to walk over to Seth and wrap her arms around him in a hug, her chin resting on his chest, "That was really stupid, he could of snapped your neck with his dang mind you know that right? Nobody's allowed to kill you.... Except possibly me or Death, that's about it."

She grinned and raised an eyebrow when she heard Death chuckle, looking over at the tall man but not turning her head. The sight made her smile, he was kneeling down so he could talk to Sam, who's deer like eyes were wide with wonder, "God I missed her..."

Seth started shaking in anger as the man spoke. Of course he knew who he was up against, which was why he had called the demon out in a fair fight. Instead of answering, he sidestepped the challenge completely. Sooner or later the worthless scum would get what was coming to him. He was tempted to try to get in a punch, knowing the man would kill him in the blink of an eye, but Death touched his shoulder. He hated that Death told him to stand down, but the words he whispered at the end caused Seth to relax his muscles a bit. He had forgotten that it would hurt Kuro to see him get hurt. And another thought, how much did Death know about them?

He turned his eyes away and stepped back. He hoped they could think of a way to stop Mark because he would be unable to relax (with a few exceptions) while Kuro was in danger. He was glad when Mark disappeared, but hearing Kuro talk if she saw Mark when no one was in danger caused him to jerk his head in her direction. She would do no such thing. He would never forgive himself if she got hurt by that monster again.

When Kuro walked over to him he gave her an uncertain smile and hugged her back. "I know. When I saw the way he handled things I couldn't help myself. I hate when people, or demons, or whatever, do stuff like that." He tilted his head down and touched his forehead to hers. "I'm sorry." When she looked at her sister he followed her gaze. "Do you think they can keep her safe?"

Status
Not open for further replies.