To be Reaped (with wolfthehybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If anybody can keep her safe its them, I trust Death with my life, ehh, undead life? Anyway i'm going off course, he's been more of a father figure in my life then my own dad was, and in his own way he cares for me like a daughter. I know he'll do anything he can to protect her, and demons be damned if they try to hurt my little sister." She grinned slightly and moved to rub her nose against Seth's in an eskimo kiss before pulling away and walking over to her little sister.

"S-So what's gonna happen to me?" Sam asked as Kuro walked over and wrapped an arm around her younger sister, "I don't wanna be alone."

Kuro smiled, "Tenshi do you have a charge?"

"N-no. I'm not a guardian angel." The seventeen year old tilted his head to e side as the raven haired female grinned.

"Well you are now, you're in charge of watching over Sammy... And also helping her find a new job."

Both Sam and Tenshi let out surprised sounds that made the older female laugh, "Kuro are you sure about this?" Death asked, raising an eyebrow at her. All he got was a nod.

"Well today has been eventful, but I think I wanna go back to my room before I barf." Lilith spoke as she sent Seth and Kuro a glare.

Kuro shrugged, "Okay, you probably get some sleep it helps when you're one your period."

Sam burst out laughing while Lilith gaped like a fish before leaving, the younger brunette tapped her sister on the back as she tried to calming herself down.

"I missed your toilet humour." She gave her sister a hug before leaving with Tenshi, who looked slightly confused.

"We have something we need to discuss." Death spoke as Kuro yawned, turning to face the giant, "Seth, I do believe with everything that's going on, and everything that's going to happen, that the date of your death should be moved forward. I don't normally like to do this but with the circumstances..." He faded off.

"Good. I know how important she is to you, and I am glad you get to see her." He smiled at the site of younger girl. "I think she is glad to see you also. Just know, I won't allow you to do anything stupid." He let out a happy sound as her nose touched his. When she walked over to her sister he held himself back from following her. It was important the two sisters got time together. He watched Kuro hug her younger sister, and approved when she put Tenshi in charge Sam. The angel seemed capable and didn't seem like one that would throw himself into unnecessary danger. Lilith was the best part though. He smiled to himself as he thought she needs to get laid.

Seth was surprised when Death addressed him. What could the old man want with him. Death had said himself, he was only a human. Perhaps it was about Kuro. It wasn't, and he could not help but feel shocked with what was sad. Instead of showing his surprise he nodded his head in understanding. "If you plan on killing them then do it at the hospital. There is something I need to do there first, and I would like my body to be there when I go." He did not know if Death wanted him to die now or if he had a little bit longer, but either way the request stood.

Kuro opened her mouth to say something but Death hushed her before she could even say anything, which caused her to pull her annoyed puppy look as the tall man teleported them back to the hospital.

"Do I even get a say in this?"

"No, but at least you two can do whatever it is couples do." Death replied without missing a beat, Kuro's jaw dropped and she looked at Seth, her eyes screaming 'he knows? How the hell does he know!?'

Death chuckled and tapped the female's head, making her look at him with an annoyed look before she walked over a pressed a kiss against Seth's cheek, moving to sit in the chair next to his bed while he did what he wanted to do, "Okay, let's get this over with. Do your thing, you die, Death does some wavy hand shit and then your a reaper or whatever."

"He's going to become a reaper, he's soul isn't tainted enough to go to hell but it isn't pure enough to go to heaven, he's a good men.

Kuro grinned, "Yeah, he's also stood right there so do your thing."

Death rolled his eyes and turned back to face Seth, fixing his suit.

Seth let out a laugh at Death's words, and laughed even harder when he saw the look on Kuro's face. As much as he had tried to dislike Death in the beginning it had not taken long for the feeling to go away. To put it simple, Death knew his shit. "You make a good point there, Old Man." At least that answered how much Death knew about him and Kuro, and it seemed to be quite a shock to her, but at least she was still able to come over and give him a kiss on the cheek. He watched her, then decided to give her a kiss back before turning to the task at hand. But first, he raised an eyebrow at Death. A good man? That was a new one on him.

With a deep breath he turned away, a stoic look on his face. He walked around the room and dug through drawers until he found a pen and paper. Items in hand he walked over to the table at the end of the room, sat down, and stared at the paper for a minute or two before jotting down two words. Once he was finished he walked over to the bed and sat down, nodding to Death that he was ready. The edges of the small sheet of paper showed, while the two words written on it were held in his closed hand. Seth Pyrel

Death nodded and pressed his hand against Seth's forehead, sending a jolt of pain through his body but it was gone as fast as it was there. No time to react, just like Kuro had said.

Death pulled his hand from the, now dead, male's head and turned to Kuro, who was staring at the male stood next to her, "Welcome to the world of the dead Seth, we have cookies." The reaper rolled her eyes and stood up, giving the male a hug. Now she felt warm, like a normal human, whereas before it was an odd mix betwen the two, she also felt more solid.

"Don't worry about the slightly empty feeling, you will grown used to it in time." Death said as he twisted a black ring on his finger, after that he placed his hand against Seth's forehead again, sending a cold rush through his body before it faded. He pulled back, "Now you are a honorary reaper, welcome to the family."

Kuro grinned, turning to Seth before glancing back at his body, "Let's go, I can imagine you're a little creeped out." She muttered taking his hand and teleporting.

They appeared in a niceky furnished living room, the walls were painted a cream colour, windows were scattered around the room showing the light outside, a TV hung on the wall and it had beanbags in front of it, and behind the beanbags was a fairly long red coach that curved around the carpeted area in front of the tv, almost locking it in. The room was fairly large and to the right there was a bar styked countertop that lead to the kitchen. To the left of the room was a hallway that no doubt lead to the bedrooms and bathroom.

"Welcome to the living room of my humble home... Dimension... Thingy. Yeah, anyway, you'll probably need to stay here for the night while Death gets your own dimension sorted out. So tell me, how does it feel to be dead?" The female reaper flopped back onto the couch, "oh, and i'll teach you how to teleport soon."

Seth closed his eyes when Death touched his forehead. Kuro was right. There had been a pain, but now he felt fine for the most part. When he opened his eyes he was not where he had been a moment ago. Well, his body was, but the other part of him was next to Kuro. He gave a small smile at Death's words and hugged her back, filling with warmth. When Death spoke again he looked up at the man, who once against touched his forehead. The warmth from Kuro was replaced by wave of cold. It did not last long and he was thankful for that. He looked Death in the eyes and nodded. "Thank you."

He smiled at Kuro and the words she spoke. "Not creeped out. I look sexy." he said, taking a last look at his body. Once again he closed his eyes as they teleported. Opening, he looked around the room. It was nice, almost too nice. And it had a working TV. That was a new one on him. Looking at the style of the counter top he could not help but wonder if there was alcohol in the kitchen.

His eyes turned back to Kuro. "It feels empty I guess, but you guys already warned me about that." The truth was he might be emptier than just in the way they warned. The only reason he had accepted Death was because of Kuro, and he wanted to seal that decision as the right one. He moved over to the couch. Leaning over her he gently but firmly took her face in his hands and pressed his lips to hers. This time he was the dominant. He moved his lips with the kiss, and when her mouth was opened enough he slipped his tongue in, exploring. One his his hands moved to the back of her head, while the other slid between her and the couch to rest against her back. After a few moments his tongue stopped exploring and started dominating. It was a kiss used to claim her as his.

Kuro let out a surprised sound, her mouth opening slightly which gave him the chance to slip his tongue into her mouth. The reaper began to kiss back, arching her back so she was closer to the male as she ran her hands through his black locks of her. She didn't even try to fight for dominance she was so stunned.

When Seth pulled back Kuro just blinked up at him, her eyes hazy as she tried to sort through what had happened, "Well... That's one way of doing things." Her voice cracked slightly and she cleared her throat before grinning up at him, moving up to press her lips against his.

She gave him a more gentle and loving kiss, her hands running up and down his sides softly as she coaxed his mouth open and slid her tongue in, playfully flicking his. One of her hands moved to run her hands through his hair, knowing how much he loved it. She parted from him slightly, her chest heaving as she started trying to catch her breath.

"Kissing you... Is so much, better now." She let out a soft laugh, resting her forehead against his.

Seth narrowed his eyes happily. "I don't feel as empty anymore." His hand that was on her back moved to her face, his thumb lightly rubbing circles on her cheek as she kissed him. The kiss was softer, like the feel of her hands on his sides. He opened his mouth, allowing her entrance. When the kiss stopped he playfully nipped her lip and smiled, breathing heavily. He agreed with her. This was so much better. Giving her a kiss on the nose he sat up and relaxed against the back of the couch.

After a minute his breathing became more normal and he turned his head to watch her. She was beautiful, and her home wasn't half bad. If she brought him here often it would take him awhile to get used to the luxury. That strangest thing was the tv since if he hit the power button it would undoubtedly turn on, and since it was here she must watch it. He hadn't seen what room were down the hall, but one had to be a bedroom and there was most likely a bathroom. Did reapers need bathroom? Surely they wouldn't so if there was one then perhaps it was more of a comfort thing. "So, what do you enjoy doing here?"

Kuro sat up herself and leaned back, crossing her legs and searching for the controller. She flicked on the TV which was brought to life straight away and started browsing the channels.

She turned to look at Seth when he asked her what she liked to do, "Eh, i'm not here all that often but when I am here I normally walk around in an oversized sweater with music blasting through my headphones. That or I go in the pool out back or just dance in the shower. You would be surprised how boring it can be being dead."

She jumped when the TV started playing the channel she was browsing, which just so happened to be playing an action film, and the first sound was a loud explosion.

"Fucking hell! I've angered the television gods!" The reaper exclaimed while turning down the tv, letting out a breath once it was less loud, "I swear to god I turn this down every time but it still ends up on one hundred..." She huffed and leaned her head back, letting the film play.

Maybe she could find a good horror film later...

"I think I have MAMA around here somewhere..." She muttered, looking around.

Seth stared at the tv, unimpressed. He couldn't understand how people could watch the little (or sometimes not so little) box for hours. Of course, if he thought about it, most of those people did not have to spend their time scrounging up enough money for a next meal. Maybe if he had not always had to run around to survive he would have enjoyed a little television too. Not much, but a little.

"Just a sweater?" He asked with a sly look. That was something he could enjoy the site of. And a pool? That would just add to the fun, and he would even settle for the shower if not the pool. "It doesn't sound boring at all." He could finally have a chance to do things he was never able to while living.

He reached over and grabbed her hand when the tv boomed. Eyes wide, he looked at the screen and when he realized the source of the sound he tilted his head back and laughed. "Please stop angering the television gods, Kuro." He did not give the television much more attention, and when she muttered to herself he tilted his head in confusion. "Mama?" Was that suppose to be some kind of chick flick or something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Head high, Jackal strode through the building that Mark was last seen in. If this was how the other demon lived, then he approved. Everything from the walls to the floor looked expensive. His eyes stayed looking straight ahead, but nothing in the room was missed as he took the rest of his room in from the corner of his eyes. His footsteps sounded echoed as he walked down a hall, looking into the rooms as he passed. If he did not find Mark here then he would go and look elsewhere, but for now he continued his search for the supposedly powerful demon.

Kuro held back a laugh, "MAMA is a horror film, it's pretty good too. I've already watched it a few times but it still makes me jump on occasion." She gave a grin before resting her head against Seth's shoulder.

"And yes, just a sweater and my panties. That's probably what you're gonna see." She sent him a grin and turned her attention to the TV. Her thoughts drifted off to something... Dirtier and the reaper shook her head slightly to clear her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark was back at his desk, a glass of whiskey in his hand. He had one leg crossed over the other and was in deep thought when he felt a shift. A demon was close by.

He perked up and took a sip from his glass, fixing his suit and tie before leaning back in his chair. Despite the anger he was feeling bubbling up in his gut he managed a grin, "Well hello there, can't say I know you, but i'm willing to guess you came here for a reason, hopefully a good one, i'm not in the best of moods." His grin morphed into a scowl as Kuro's face flashed across his vision. God he hated her.

"Oh. That makes sense I guess." The name was strange, but he could think of a few cases where 'mama' could be creepy. "I wouldn't know if it was good or not. Never watched a horror film so I don't have anything to help judge it. Perhaps you will have to show me a few." He wouldn't mind watching television if it meant Kuro would cling to him at the scary parts.

He stared straight ahead when Kuro answered the sweater question. Just a sweater and panties.. He was trying to keep his mind off those type of thoughts, but it was proving difficult. He needed a distraction, and fast. Something that was less likely to turn into something sexual. When she first brought them to her room she had said she would teach him something. "Kuro, can you teach me how to teleport?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last room Jackal checked held the man he was looking for. Seeing the grin on the other demon's face Jackal kept his features inscrutable. "That all depends you. I feel we can benefit from each other. What I can give you is information. As of right now no one knows I am talking to you and therefore believes I am still following Lucifer's orders. Even if the others do find out I am sure you will still find me to be useful." He stopped for a moment, making it seem as if he was thinking. "As for what I would want, well, that can come at a later date.

Kuro nodded, "Sure! It's not that difficult but you need to have good concentration, just think about being somewhere or being next to or near somebody. If you focus all your energy on that you should teleport. After time you don't need to put as much energy into it."

She stood up and walked to the other side of the room, "Try teleporting to me."

~~~~~~

Mark leaned back in his chair, his lips pulled up into a grin, "Well, i'm sure I can work with you then. Care for a drink?" He mentioned to the glass of whiskey, "it's rated as the 'best' whiskey, or so i've been told. Very strong, you seem like the kind of demon that likes a good drink." The male brought his glass to his lips again, taking a good swig of it.

It didn't seem too difficult. Think of where or who you wanted to see and concentrate on that until you end up there. Seth closed his eyes and thought about Kuro. Nothing happened. He tried again and still nothing. Taking a deep breath he relaxed his body. He made sure everything else was wiped out of his thoughts except for the image of her, and when he opened his eyes he was next to her. "That was harder than I thought. When I thought of you in a different outfit it worked. I guess it helps to really want something." He grinned and then lifted his hands, stretching out his legs, back, and arms. When his arms were back by his side he asked. "So, should I try again?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal lifted his hand and shook his head. "Alcohol doesn't have the same effect on me as other people." The one time he tried it had been with Ricky, Seth, and Drustan. The three of them seemed to be having a good time, but he had been put into a deep blood lust. The night before he had slashed at his father with a knife, tired of always being put down by his old man. After drinking he remembered licking up that same knife, hoping to taste his fathers blood. His thoughts were no better. There were many times he had thoughts about killing his father, but none were as gruesome as these. He must have spoken during this time because he remembered the others calling him a sick puppy and giving him the nickname Jackal. That was not the reason he didn't drink though. He liked to keep his mind sharp at all times. "I prefer water."

Kuro nodded, "Yeah, try teleporting so you're sat on the couch. Just the same but you think about being sat down when you appear." As if to add to her point the reaper teleported onto the couch. She was sat with one leg crossed over the other.

"Hey there."

~~~~~

Mark gave a nod, "Hmm, understandable. Though I think I have a meeting to attend to about a new brand of watch my company is releasing..." He checked his watch before standing up, putting his glass down as he walked towards the fedora wearing demon, "I do believe that Kyla has ran off to her little pocket dimension with her precious boyfriend, so don't expect to find them or get any information. Her clueless brat of a little sister is with Tenshi, but I believe he trust you so they should be easy to get too. Au revoir." He gave a wave as he left the room, his shoes clicking against the ground.

Seth watched her appear on the couch then closed his eyes. He imagined the couch and how he wanted to be when teleporting to it. It was a little easier than last time and when he opened his eyes he was seated on the couch, his face right next to Kuro's. "Hey. So if I wanted to go someplace farther away would it be that easy? And is it easy to have you teleport with me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal narrowed his eyes as he watched Mark leave. That was easy, too easy. Maybe it was because Mark felt he was so powerful, but the other demon should have at least questioned if he could trust Jackal. Who was to say he wasn't playing sides? He had nothing to gain from doing that, so he wasn't, but Mark did not know that. Mark better be as powerful as he says, because his actions were foolish, and he could far too easily make a critical mistake. Unsure what information he could get from Tenshi he took off his hat before leaving to find the angel.

"Teleporting longer distances isn't that hard, it's the same, just picture being somewhere and you'll go there, but you've got to know what the place looks like. Teleporting people with you is the tricky part, you've gotta focus on their energy then focus on teleporting and taking them with you, it took me awhile to get the hang of it." Kuro explained, moving her head back slightly so it wasn't as close to Seth's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tenshi and Sam were sat in the front room of Sam's apartment, both slightly confused on what to do or how to act, Tenshi had never been a guardian angel before ao this was all new to him, "So... You're an angel?"

He jumped slightly but nodded in response to what the brunette had said, "Y-Yeah, have been for a few years now..."

"That sounds cool."

It was too bad that it was harder to teleport others. He would have to practice that with Kuro later. The long distances was good news though. It was something he planned on trying. Seth stood up and looked at Kuro, feeling nervous. "There is somewhere I want to go. At least for a few minutes. I don't think you have ever been to the place, so will you be able to follow by just thinking of me? That works over long distances, right?" That was assuming she wanted to follow him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had taken longer than he would have thought to find Tenshi, but finally he found the angel and charge in Sam's apartment. Hat held against his chest he took in the site of the two before speaking. "I am sorry for so rudely intruding. I heard what happened, and since I had some free time thought I would come check to make sure things are going well. It must be strange to have been thrust into the guardian angel position, and also strange but exciting to have an angel watching over you. Is everything going well?"

Kuro nodded, "Yeah I can follow after you easily, lead the way, oh Seth one." She made a gesture with her hand and stood up. Already starting to focus on following Seth.

~~~~~~~

Sam jumped slightly, tilting her head to the side when she saw Jack before smiling, "Having a guardian angel as nice as Tenshi is awesome, but i'm just glad I can see my sister again... I really missed her when she died, can't believe I worked for Mark with no knowledge of what happened..." She trailed off, glaring at the ground.

Tenshi awkwardly patted her back before focusing his gaze on the demon, "It isn't that bad... What are you doing here? You don't normally care about others..." His tone held suspicion and his eyes narrowed a fraction. Tenshi knew enough about Jackal to know the demon only did something if it benefited him. This didn't seem like something that would benefit him...

Seth tried to smile but failed miserably. Turning his head away he thought of a small, tan house with three wooden steps leading up to a porch. The house had a large backyard, but the front yard was not much to look at. When he opened his eyes he was standing on the sidewalk that led to the house. He turned to make sure Kuro was there before speaking. "You can stay out here if you want." He didn't know what he would find inside, or if this was the right place anymore, but if he left too much room for thought he would chicken out. He teleported into the entry. The entry was the same, but from what he could see the rest of the furniture in the house had been rearranged.

"Hello?" A voice spoke from the other room.

Mom? Seth walked farther into the house so he could see into the kitchen. His mother held a phone up to her ear, her features growing confused.

"What do you mean? He is in the living room playing games. Is this some kind of joke?" Her face grew pale as she listened to the voice on the other line. A boy of about ten paused the racing game he was playing to come find out was going on. "So you don't know how he died? Can you tell about him? His looks or personality? Anything? I haven't seen him in so long." Her voice was calm, but tears were starting to form in her eyes.

He had seen enough. Seth turned to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I bet you did." Jackal said to Sam. "I never had any siblings so I can't even begin to imagine what you went through." As he turned to Tenshi a look of hurt was etched across his face. "That wounds me. I admit I am not one to care about older individuals, but who is to say I don't have a soft spot for anyone under a certain age? They are the ones that still have some imagination in them. The young can still appreciate the smallest of magic trick. But if you want me to leave.." He held out his hands and shrugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.