To be Reaped (with wolfthehybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuro hesitated to answer, thinking for a moment before sighing, "I was just informed that something has been killing reapers, Death and the other superiors have no idea what's killing my kind or why it's doing it. The problem is... Normally reapers can't die unless to go through a ritual to kill themselves and go to paradise, a place that is basically heaven but for angels, demons and reapers. Even then you've got have served Death, or whoever you work for, for atleast twenty years."

She gave a sigh a crossed her legs, leaning her head back and shutting her eyes, "If i'm honest i'm kinda worried that whatever is killing my colleges is after something, like maybe it's looking for a way to take a reaper's necklace..." She pulled her necklace out from under her shirt, watching it glow faintly as she listened to whispers, finding them oddly calming, "it might not seem like it but these things have a shit ton of power. Each reaper has their own and once you put it on it can't be taken off, it's acts as a core and you only ever get one. You're bonded to one and it acts as if it's a living being."

image.jpeg

The news caused Seth to tense up, but after a few moments of thought he relaxed and gave Kuro a sly look while still keeping a smile off of his his. "It sounds like you reapers have your hands full with figuring this thing out. Perhaps you guys will become too busy and leave me to continue living my life how I want." How would he live his life? Would he continue to live as a street rat or actually do something for once? He didn't know but either way he would be in control of it and that was what mattered. He wouldn't have to think about becoming some reaper 'pet'. He could go on helping old ladies and little kids in the way he knew best, instead of sending them to some afterlife.

He looked at the necklace when she pulled it out. The glow was pretty cool, but the sound was disturbing. If he became a reaper that means he would have to have one. That did not sit well. It did not matter how much power they had. He was powerful enough on his own, so if he had to rely of some piece of jewelry he would feel pretty low. "If what you say is true then whatever it is should not be able to get it's hands on a necklace."

Kuro scoffed, "Nah, we ain't leaving you. Even if you don't become a reaper you still need to die, it's your time. But hey, atleast you won't need to put up with me." She shrugged slightly and let her necklace fall back in its original place behind her shirt. The whispers stopped as soon as it was out of sight.

She leaned back in her seat, glancing over her shoulder when a chill ran down her spine, she frowned, "Yeah but it still concerns me..."

The reaper shook her head, letting out an annoyed grunt before moving and jumping onto Seth's bed, which didn't make a sound or move, getting comfy at the end of it. She wasn't sat on him like before but the weird mix of cold and warmth rolled off her body in waves as she grinned at him.

Seth cast his eyes down, trying to push the sadness away that came with the acceptance of the inevitable. He didn't want to die. Once he was dead everything that he was used to would be taken from him. It did not seem his choice to make anymore though. He wanted to fight but how could one fight the dead? "If you say so. I would rather put up with you than anyone else though." She already knew what to expect from his attitude, plus she had not run away from him like everyone else. It was her job to stay with him but still..

Feeling warmth at the end of the bed Seth's eyes looked back up, all traces of sadness gone. Sadness was a weakness and he did not want to show that in front of Kuro. His thoughts moved onto the other topic. If the situation concerned her so much then the reapers needed to figure out what was going on, and quickly. "I am not sure what is all out there but there has to be more than just reapers. Maybe you guys need to get an inside man that is not a reaper. Someone who either knows or can find out what is going on. There has to be some other creature out there that can do that, right?"

Kuro had felt the shift in his mood and frowned slightly, but nodded with what he was saying anyway. She moved from the bottom of the bed to sit next to him on it, there was enought room and she was skinny so why not? "Aww, thanks, glad to know i'm not that annoying." She chuckled before her features turned serious.

"Your right, there are more then just reapers. Demons, angels, hellhounds and pegasus also exist, but we all work together. There's a cycle that we follow, the reapers collect the dead when it's their time, it's then decided from their past actions and how they died as to where they go. If you get sent to heaven you have two options, become a guardian angel, who's job it is to protect their charge if they keep almost dying before their time, or a normal angel, who helps around heaven, delivering messages, tending to the pegasus, hell they even control the weather in some cases." She let out a sigh before continuing, "if you die because you committed suicide, or if you did terrible things while alive, you get sent to hell, only some people who are sent there become demons, in which case you follow Lucifer's orders, torture the souls of the wicked and tend to the hellhounds and other dark creatures. Then there's the reapers, only some people can become a reaper, if you've been a reaper for over fifty years you can become a new form of death, but that hasn't happened for the past ten centuries. Reapers take people when it's their time to die, weather it's from natural causes or they were involved in an accident, we care for the souls of the younger dead until they can join the ranks of one of the species, we also serve as a balance between good and evil."

Kuro gave a huff, "It's forbidden to break the trust we've forged over the years, if you do you get sent to Purgatory and I haven't heard of a rogue demon or angel in a long time. Even if there was one neither have the power to kill a reaper." She sat up fully, "I have no clue what's killing my brethren..."

Coming and sitting closer to him strengthen his belief that something else was up. "I know your orders are to stay with me until I die, but you were not ordered into kindness. Why are you taking the time to talk to me and sit next to me? It is not like I have done anything to deserve the company of someone." If anything he had done the complete opposite. Sure he talked with her but his words were not the nicest a lot of the time.

He listed and tried to take in what she was telling him. Demons and angels he had expected but nothing more to that. It seemed there was a whole other world that people did not know about. The fact that they worked together amazed him. Weren't some of these creatures suppose to be enemies? And all these tasks. It seemed more organized than he would have thought. "If only some people who go to Hell become demons then what happens to the rest? Do they just stay as souls who are doomed to be tortured forever? And if there is a Lucifer then surely there is a God. If what the living says then God should be all knowing. Why not just ask him what is happening?" He felt like he was bombarding her with question but maybe with more information he could be more help.

Kuro rolled her eyes, "So you would rather I just kill you now instead of waiting for your time to come, hmm, that would be easier..." She tapped her chin in mock thought before placing it on his shoulder, "i'm being kind because I want to, now don't make me hit you."

She sighed and leaned back, taking her hand off of his shoulder and leaning back, "There's no God, only Archangels, they rule over the Angels and Guardians, much like how Death rules over the Reapers. Lucifer is a fallen Archangel, at first he refused to help the humans and thus was tossed down into hell. Death managed to convince him to help us. As for the souls that don't become Demons, those tend to be the ones who have done the most unthinkable crimes, they are stuck being tortured for all eternity."

She let out a sigh but tensed up when she saw her breath in the air, she began to notice the drop in temperature and jumped off of Seth's bed when the door to his room locked with a gentle click.

"What the..."

Low growls began to fill the room and Kuro spun around as fogged poured out of the floor, pooling up around the Reaper's ankle, the growling grew louder as three bodies slowly pulled themselves out of the fog.

"Hellhounds... But, those aren't normal hounds..."

The largest of the three growled loudly, it's mouth opened and it's tongue lolled out of it's mouth as it approached Kuro, who was slowky backing up, "I think I just found out who's killing the reapers..."

A scream tore from her throat as the leader lunged at her, followed by several foul words as it's jaws clamped shut around her leg and blood squirted out and fell to the floor, she let out a frustrated growl as her green eyes turned a bright purple and she bawled her hand into a fist. the same purple hue surrounded it before she slammed it down onto the hounds head, causing purple electricity to shoot through it's body and knock it back.

She jumped up and backed away, tensing up as the three hounds began approaching her again, "Shit..."

"If you put it that way then yeah. Maybe it would be easier. I do still have some questions though so maybe after those are answered." He was partly joking, but part of him was serious. Depending on how the questions were answered he might think otherwise but for now it seemed easy enough. He raised an eyebrow. "Hit me huh? Can't say I would mind that. Of course I would want a kiss in return. Can't have my features marred without getting something out of it."

Seth had to admit he was disappointed at the next bit of news. So all these church goers were praying to nothing after all. There was no God to forgive them of their sins, but perhaps that is something the angels were in charge of. It was even more disappointing to hear that those souls would forever be tortured. Was there really nothing they could do to stop the pain? And what about him? If he refused to be a reaper or demon would he then become a tortured soul? He was about to ask Kuro when the lock clicked.

He looked around confused as the room started filling with fog. What was this? A hospital from Hell? Then he heard what Kuro said. Hellhounds, and not normal ones. What was that suppose to mean, and where were they? Wait, they were what killing the reapers? Then he heard her scream. "Kuro?!" Forgetting about the pain he sat up and noticed the wound in her leg. His fists clenched as he looked around but still nothing was there. How could he help if he could not even see the enemy?

One of the hellhounds turned it's attention to Seth and slowly all three became visible, the second was advancing on Kuro with it's alpha as they snarled and growled.

Kuro noticed that the third hellhound was focused on Seth as it began advancing on him, she darted to the side, ignoring the pain that shot up her leg and her hand smached against the hounds head, causing the same purple electricity to course through the hound, it yowled in pain before getting sent backwards, crashing into one of the machines roughly.

The alpha lunged, dragging its claws down the Reaper's back as she gasped in pain and spun around to face him, before she could land a hit the hound bit down roughly on her shoulder and threw her back against the wall, she cried out as her torn up back met the wall. The second hound lunged forward, it jaws wrapped around the string of Kuro's necklace as it tugged at it.

The gem of the necklace turned a bright blue and a blue light surrounded the hound as it yelped before getting thrown back by some force, Kuro struggled to her feet as the alpha advanced on her again, it's jaws snapping shut.

The female growled and dodged it's jaws, swinging her leg back before kicking the dog. It's head jerked back and it was flung up and onto it's back before Kuro rushed past it, skidding to a stop next to Seth's bed before turning back to face the three hounds.

On second thought, he would rather not see the enemy. He thought it would make it easier but those were no hounds he had ever seen. Those were fucking dogs on steroids that also lifted twice there weight four hours every day. He looked around the room, still reluctant to use his glove in a fight. Nothing. A damn hospital and there was nothing to use. If he was at his home at least then he would have had a knife, or better yet, a gun. It did not have much bullets left but at least it would have been better than nothing.

Unable to move more all he could do was watch Kuro fight the hounds. It hurts his pride to be so defenseless. She was getting wounded and he was doing nothing. His breathing deepened. What kind of man was he letting a little pain stop him? He shook his head in anger, his hair flying in and out of view before resting back in its usual position. When Kuro stepped between him and the hellhounds he could not take it anymore. Standing up he let out of a scream of anger and defiance, falling to one knee after a second of standing. Fists out in front of him he spoke to Kuro, his words more of a command than anything. "I don't need protection. Get out of here!"

Kuro sent him an annoyed look, "Not a fucking chance, you're injured, you can't stand and you won't be able to do a damn thing to them. There Hellhounds, humans don't stand a fucking chance." She glared at Seth, her eyes still burning that purple colour, "now get your ass back on that bed and stay there."

The alpha let out what sound like a low rumble and Kuro looked back over at it confused, then it's jaw dropped open and the Reaper tensed, recognising the sound. It was laughing. The hound was letting out a low laugh at them, his eyes locked onto Kuro who was frozen, normal Hellhound couldn't do that.

"Why are you protecting him... When your job is to kill him, fools..."

Kuro stood frozen, her mouth falling open,"What the..."

It screeched and lunged forward so quickly it was a blur, knocking Kuro back onto the bed before they both crashed to the floor on the other side, Kuro holding the hound's muzzle away from her face as it's jaws continued to try and snap at her.

"Stop!"

The two hounds that were advancing on Seth paused as their alpha looked up at the tall male in the room, his face was pulled into a frown and his normal emotionless eyes were filled with anger. Lilith was leaning against the wall with another male, chewing on bubble gum as she stared at Kuro in slight shock.

The reaper gave a huff and threw the hound off of her, causing it to crash into one of the machines, it jumped up and barked at the other two before running over to the area that they had emerged from and climbing back into the floor, the other two followed it.

The fog faded away as Kuro slowly pulled herself up with a grunt, holding her head as pain rippled through it, Lilith grinned at her before nodding her head towards the male Death was stood next to, "Say hi to Jackal, he's one of Lucifer's favourites." The blonde then looked at Seth and sent him a wink, knowing he could see all of them now.

Kuro sent a glare towards Lilith, looking more like an angry puppy then an evil monster, she gave the demon a sarcastic grin, "Hey there, my name's Kuro and I just got the shit beaten out of me, you should try it sometime it's really fun."

Lilith giggled as Death walked over to Kuro, "Enough Kyla, we have more important matters to discuss."

"I told you not to call me that!"

Seth glared back at Kuro. Who said he wouldn't be able to do a fucking thing to them? He could at least get in a few blows before they tore him to shreds. It was her they wanted so it only made sense if she escaped them. Couldn't she see that? Plus, he couldn't get back on the bed. He was fine on one knee but standing seemed impossible. He kept his eyes fixed on Kuro until one of the hounds laughed and then spoke. It seemed to have taken the words right out of Seth's head. It was a very fair point. Why protect him when he was just going to die anyway? He could see Kuro out of the corner of his eye. Why was she just standing there? So what if the thing talked. Never lower your defenses in a fight. When the hound lunged for her he tried to grab its leg but missed and fell to the ground. Lifting his head he looked into the faces of the other two hellhounds.

The 'Stop' came as he was mentally preparing for the hounds to attack. It was a relief when they retreated, but the big question was what caused them to run away? Jaw clenched, he slowly sat up and looked around. The movement had caused him to feel nauseous and he stared at a blur of nothingness until his vision cleared. When a female spoke he slowly moved his eyes in that direction and saw both a female and male, recognizing neither. What had she said and why did she wink at him? And who was one of Lucifer's favorites? He gave his head a few more moments to clear before looking around more. Once he did he spotted an older man clad in black, and next to him..

Seth's eyes widened in anger, hate threatening to overtake him. If not for that man everything might be fine. Drustan might still be alive and he would not be on death row. How dare they bring Jack here. He would...what? What could he do to a man who was already dead?

Jackal turned his golden eyes to Kuro and walked over to her. He gave a low, mocking bow, never taking his eyes from her. "Hello, doll. You really ought to be careful what breed of dog you decide to play with." His eyes quickly danced over to Seth and he gave a dark smile. To Kuro he added, "You also should be careful not to get attached to things. It can only ever lead to pain." When Death walked over he took a step back and listened.

Kuro raised an eyebrow at Jack, the corner of her mouth twitching slightly, "Pain? My back is torn to shreds, i'm fairly sure one of my ribs is broken and stabbed one of my organs and my head is about to explode. My shoulder's also pretty fucked up, but thanks for the tip I never really was a dog person."

Lilith snickered and walked over to Kuro, slapping her back roughly with a grin that grew when the blackette gasped in pain, "You've always been a sarcastic bitch! Guess that's why we love you so much."

Kuro just glared at her, "I'm gonna rip your fucking throat out if you don't back off, i'm not in the mood."

Death glared at the bickering Reapers and turned his attention towards Tenshi, the angel leaning against the wall, "Tenshi, heal her wounds."

The brunette nodded and walked over to Kuro, pressing his hand against her head before she could react and causing all of her wounds to vanish. The raven haired female sent him a small grin, "Thanks..."

"You're welcome..."

She walked over to Seth, glancing over at Lilith and sending her another glare, "Stop staring at Seth hun, you're drooling."

The blonde sent Kuro's glare right back at her but Death spoke before she could, "If you two are finished arguing we have matters to attend to, now we know what's killing the Reapers we've got to find out why and where those Hellhounds come from."

"The alpha spoke and it laughed, i'm pretty they're aren't normal Hellhounds anymore. They didn't even look like normal Hellhounds." Kuro leaned against Seth's bed, "Tenshi heal Seth's wounds."

"We could just let him die early, can't you kill people with touch if you want to?"

Jackal narrowed his eyes slightly, watching Kuro's every movement. The smile was gone from his face and was replaced by a more neutral expression. "That is not the type of pain I mean, doll. Perhaps I shall demonstrate later." He backed up until he felt the wall. He put on a relaxed look; eyes nearly closed, head tilted, and fedora falling slightly. Now he only had to wait for what he wanted.

Seth found it hard to pry his eyes off of his old friend. More important matters were happening between the others so instead he looked at Kuro. He could not help but feel a surge of warmth as she told off the other reaper. It was something he could appreciate in a woman and she made it work nicely. When the old man (Death perhaps?) ordered the other male to heal Kuro he relaxed slightly. She did not deserve the wounds that were inflicted on her and it made him happy to see them disappear. Then Kuro told the other reaper to stop staring at him. He had not even noticed and looked over at Lilith, eyebrow raised. For once he did not feel like flirting.

The old man spoke again, and Seth could not help but feel that Mr. Clad in Black was the only one who contained any sense in the current situation. Now was not the time for arguments. It was a time for action. Something he couldn't join unless he died. His head jerked towards Tenshi when Kuro ordered him to heal his wounds. His words were no more than a growl. "Don't you dare." If he wouldn't accept pain medicine then what made anyone think he would allow his wounds to magically be healed?

Tenshi put his hands up in mock surrender and Lilith giggled, Kuro rolled her eyes, turning her gaze towards the blonde again, "I ain't killing him slut face."

The blonde's blue eyes turned and bright red and her lips formed into a scowl, "What did you just call me?"

Kuro stood up straight, "You heard me."

A silence settled in the room for a moment before Death cleared his throat loudly, "Kyla enough, we have problems to attend to, you two can have your cat fight later on, as of now we have the Hellhounds to worry about. Killing Seth won't be necessary yet, it would also be offensive towards Tenshi. You're needed at meeting though, your charge can come if he wants."

Kuro glared, "Yes Death, now stop calling me Kyla I thought you respected my choices!" The older male didn't respond and instead vanished from the room. Tenshi spread out the wings that had been folded up on his back, each around six meters long and filled with brown feathers. He gave a yawn and shook his head, flapping his wings and vanishing in a flash of light.

The left Seth, Lilith, Jackal and Kuro in the room, the female reapers were both glaring at each other, daring the other to speak. Lilith broke their tense silence.

"I fucking hate you."

Kuro grinned sarcastically, "The feelings mutual bitch."

"Slut!"

Kuro scoffed, "Look who's talking, I don't think there's an attractive male reaper you haven't slept with."

Seth smiled at Kuro's words, but as the fighting continued he rolled his eyes and shook his head. How would anything get done if this continued? The old man tried to end it, but once he and the angel (who Seth looked at in awe as he opened his wings) left the two girls had to get in a few last words. Not sure why, he glanced over at Jackal. The well dressed man looked like he could care less about what was going on between the reapers and disappeared. Looking back at the girls he could not help but add his thoughts. "Sorry to break it to you but I don't sleep with girls who give out all the time. Even I have to have some type of morals. We should probably get going though."

Kuro gave Lilith the smuggest look ever, a grin on her face as the blonde glared at Seth, the blonde reaper turned her attention to the other female who raised an eyebrow at her before walking over to Seth, "Alrighty then, let's go before Death decides to drag us there."

She grabbed Seth's arm and everything around them changed, suddenly they were stood in the same meeting room Kuro had been in before, except this time there was three other people.

Tenshi was sat next to a man with short brown hair and blue eyes, he was an angel who pratically played god named Castiel. Sitting opposite them was a man with short blonde hair and green eyes, the blonde haired male grinned when he saw Kuro, "Kuro! Long time no see!"

The reaper took a seat next to the blonde who happily threw his arm over her shoulder, "It's been too long Luci, how's hell?"

"A royal pain to run, but hey, what can you do? Sorry about the hounds, I think they used to be mine..."

Death cringed at how close his favourite reaper and the devil seemed to be but focused on getting everybody else sat down. Lilith sat down next to Tenshi after her and Jackal had appeared and leaned back in her seat, glaring at Kuro. Lucifer saw this and like the mature man he was stuck his tongue out at the female, making Kuro chuckle.

"Oh. Ok." He had wanted to go but now that it was actually going to happen he did not know what to expect. How would this whole disappearing thing work? And what if the nurse came back? He wasn't proud of it but he closed his eyes when Kuro grabbed his arm. When he felt it was safe he opened his eyes. The room had changed. Instead of the small, white walled hospital room he was in a larger meeting room. Even as Kuro moved away he stayed where he was, suddenly unnerved to be surrounded by such powerful creatures. He was far too used to being the most powerful person in a room. Now he felt small. He tapped his fingers on the spikes on the glove and waited to see what would happen.

Jackal sat down in a chair as soon as he appeared in the room. He could have cared less about the small talk that was going on around him, but listened..just in case. The reaper Kuro seemed to enjoy the company of Lucifer. Death on the other hand did not seem to like this display. Interesting.

Death made a gesture to Seth, telling him to take a seat, "Sit, I know it can be unnerving but we won't harm you. Now Lucifer you say you think the hounds might be yours?"

Lucifer nodded, pulling Kuro closer to him, "Couple of weeks ago five hellhounds went missing, two showed up dead the others weren't found. I think the three hounds that attacked K might have been mine, obviously they follow somebody else's orders now as my hounds love Kuro."

Lilith grunted, "Who's orders are they following now though? There hasn't been a rogue angel or demon in a very long time, who could be controlling them?" The blonde sighed.

Kuro hummed, "Well, there have been cases of demons we never even knew about, what about that? There could a strong demon in hiding, probably blending in with the humans."

Tenshi perked up, "Kuro h-has a point with that, there are a few demons in hiding that we don't know about, it is possible that one could be strong enough to manipulate hellhounds, you saw them Death they weren't normal hounds." Death nodded in response to the Angel and turned his attention to Kuro who was rubbing her shoulder.

"They managed to hurt me and could talk, they definitely were not normal hounds, plus, hounds don't look like that! Those fuckers were a lot different to any hound I have ever seem."

Seth nodded, finding himself liking Death. If anyone had a grasp on things it was the old man. In a way, Death reminded him of himself. He was a man who demanded respect, and once he had it he was not one to force people to think a certain way. To allow people to be themselves. That was something Seth could respect. He walked over and sat on Kuro's other side. Unlike Death he found he did not like Lucifer, and when Lucifer pulled Kuro closer he looked away sharply. What was this? Jealousy? He had no reason to be jealous. Kuro could do as she liked. It was not up to him to decide what she could and couldn't do, or who she could and couldn't be with. As the group talked he kept silent, having no idea how he could contribute anything useful.

Jackal listened to the exchange closely. He had never liked the hellhounds much, and could not understand why some demons relied on them. Just like anything, if given the right incentive, it could turn on you. That was how anything in the world worked, and if you did not want to get fucked over you relied on no one while still using them to your advantage. These rough demons seemed to understand the rely on no one aspect, not to mention the art of manipulation. It could make things quite difficult. "How do you expect to find these demons?" As he spoke he noticed the look on Seth's face and smiled inside, keeping his physical appearance neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.