To be Reaped (with wolfthehybrid)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuro snickered, pushing a strand of hair to the side. She got out of the bed, walking into her wardrobe and returning in a jumper and shorts, "I'm sure it'll look however you want it too. You just think about how you want your home to look and when you appear it should look like that." She stretched her arms over her head.

"I'll teleport there ahead of time, it'll give you another chance to work on your teleporting." She gave a smile and walked over to press a kiss against his lips before teleporting to his dimension.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark paused and stumbled back, "How the fuck was I supposed to know all three of those fuckers were gonna show up, did you want me to stay and try to take of three superiors? Because that would have been suicide and my boss-" he stopped ranting suddenly. Shit. He wasn't supposed to of said that...

Mark gave a nervous chuckle which quickly morphed into a yelp as Alpha tackled him, pinning him to the ground with his large paws, the other two hounds jumped to attention and rushed over, "You fool! He wasn't supposed to know about that you moron, I have every right to rip you to shreds now, I'm sure that's what the boss would want." Mark gulped, shrinking back as the hound growled.

"A-Alpha! Don't be so mad,maybe J-Jackal would be a good ally, b-better then Mark is obviously-" The hound shut up when the larger hound sent him a glare that made him jump and hide behind the third hound.

"Runt, shut. The hell. Up. You're giving me a headache." He got off Mark who sat up slowly, Runt just nodded as Alpha turned his attention to Jackal, "Well, seems like we all have a bit of explaining to do. As you've probably guessed Mark isn't the main boss, he only pretends so our real boss can stay in hiding while gathering power."

The third hound, Beta, cut off he larger hound, "Ya see, the main plan is use the souls that reaper necklaces collect to gain power. Demons get power from souls. Our real boss, is a reaper, unfortunately he was stripped of his rank and because of this his necklace is weak, he needs to get his power back. He only just had enough power to mutate us, yes you heard me right Mark didn't mutate us, the big boss did." Beta sounded normal, compared to his two siblings.

Runt spoke up now, still hiding from his eldest brother, "W-We just follow his orders to keep up the act. Nobody was supposed to find out but... Well, ya know..."

He gave Kuro a look of uncertainty. However he wanted it to look? This was bound to end in disaster. Now he really wanted to stay in the bed, but he flung is legs over the side and stood up. When she was gone he walked over the the wall and slipped on his jeans and shirt, failing to come up with a good home idea. With a shake of his head he followed her.

He appeared in a room with blue walls and gray plush carpet. He wiggled his toes and they sunk into the soft floor. The only piece of furniture in the room was a rugged couch that sat in the corner of the room. He turned to Kuro and gave her an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I am not good at decorating." He made his way over to where she was, kissed her, and then lay down on the carpet, arms spread out above him. "It feels like a cloud." He said, closing his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal narrowed his his eyes and grinned. His boss? He listened with interest as the hellhounds explained to him what was going on. He could be a better ally than Mark, so long as the boss was willing to help him out with something. He kept this to himself as he looked at the three hounds. "So your boss needs to gain more power. I can't speak for you or your boss, but if you ask me he-" he nodded his head toward Mark. "smells like bait."

He wanted to talk to this boss and hear his side of things. The hounds may have explained what was going on, but now he wanted details. "I don't know what you three think, but it seems to me you only have two option. You either take me to your boss or kill me." He took a step back and stood up tall, making himself look like an easy target, while his eyes bore into the alpha. "Which will it be?"

Kuro laughed, "Nah, it's fine. I like it." She grinned at him. Humming happily when he kissed her before watching him flop onto the floor.

"It looks soft..." She muttered before flopping down next to him, "oh my god, yeah this is soft. Your floor is mine now I have claimed it!" She stretched her body out and sighed happily.

"Yeah I like it here..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alpha gave a grunt, "You're less of a useless idiot, and I find you less annoying, plus I'm sure our boss wouldn't mind it. Just teleport after us or whatever it is you do." He sank into the ground, Runt and Beta followed him. Mark moaned in pain before standing up and teleporting after them.

They appeared in a large room, it looked like the living room of a mansion or large house. The floor was made of red carpet, it had nice large windows, a big tv and a fire place.

"Mark, come with me to help find Kyle." The demon nodded and followed the large hound. Leaving Jackal, Beta and Runt alone in the large living room.

Beta sighed and turned to Runt, who was staring up at Jack with his head tilted to the side, one ear perked up and the over flattened the the side slightly, "Why do people call you Jackal? Can you turn into a Jackal?"

Beta laughed at his younger brother, who was still staring at the demon.

Seth let out a laugh and poked Kuro's cheek. "I suppose you can have my floor, but save a little piece by the couch for me. I love sleeping on couches, but after falling off a few times I learned it pays to have something soft to fall on." He ran his fingers across the carpet and lay there a few minutes longer, enjoying doing nothing. His head tilted back some and he spotted a door. Standing up he ran to the door and opened it.

The door opened to a small kitchen, as poorly furnished as the 'living room'. It was empty except for a bottle of wine on the counter. He picked up the bottle and made his way back over to Kuro, looking like a kid in a candy store, and sat down cross legged next to her. "Can reapers get drunk? I'm no alcoholic, but this is the good stuff, at least I think, and if we can't get drunk I give this bottle five minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal followed after the hounds and Mark. Like Mark, the boss, Kyle if he heard correctly, had good taste. The fireplace was a nice touch. The only thing that could make this place better was if it had a spiral staircase. That might be something to check out later.

He looked down as one of the hounds spoke. Compared to the other hellhounds he had seen these were not bad at all. He was becoming perfectly fine with them being around. "If what the scientists say is true I have the DNA of a jackal in me. That is why my eyes are gold, but no, I can't turn into one. The nickname came before that. I do not know what I did to get the nickname, I was..drunk at the time, but I must have done something terrible to earn the name. Perhaps I spoke aloud of what I wished to do to my father." He laughed darkly, wishing his father had not died before he got the chance to kill the man himself.

Kuro nodded, "Yeah, we can get drunk, but you need to drink like a cubic shit ton to get drunk. Our body reacts to alcohol slower now." She pulled herself up into the sitting postion, shifting closer to him to look at the bottle.

"Wine? Ohh, classy." She sent him a smile before stretching her arms above her head, "also, you look like a kid in a candy store."

Runt let out a soft gasp, "So... You really are part Jackal... That's awesome!" The hound's tail started thumping against the floor. He turned his head around to glare at it before suddenly attempting to pounce on his own tail, when that didn't work he just chased it.

Beta let out a sigh and soft chuckle, looking up as Alpha and Mark walked back into the room.

"Runt!"

The small hellhound yelped and sat down, cowering as Alpha glared at him. Beta pulled himself up into standing position and walked over to his brothers, "Alpha, calm down"

The large hound sent him a glare as another person entered the room. He was taller then Mark and older, probably in his mid forties. His hair was black and short, and his eyes were lime green.

In whole he looked alarming like Kuro.

"Me?" Seth chuckled. "I feel like one. I never got to just relax and drink for fun. It always seemed like a choice between alcohol or keeping my hair nice, and the choice was obvious. Although, I did occasionally choose to drink my sorrows away." He leaned back on his hands and tilted his head back. "When people choose that route there never is enough money to wash it all away." There never would be enough. One would have to drink themselves to death, and even then the memories would stay with you.

He sat up straight and lifted the bottle. "Never mind all that. People say this is some of the best, so we should celebrate." 'Should' being the key word. He removed the foil from the bottle and stopped. He had overlooked something important, and spoke through embarrassed laughter. "I forgot about the cork."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal raised his eyebrows before bending down and giving Runt a small pat. It had been a long time since he cared about someone. That last someone had been Ricky, and he had cared for him in a way that someone would care for an expensive car. After standing up he studied the man he came here to see. "You look familiar." His voice was emotionless and held none of the thoughts he was thinking. It was obvious this man was related to Kuro in some way, but he wanted to hear it from Kyle. The attacks on Kuro were also starting to make more sense.

Kuro blinked and then burst into laughter herself, she pulled her knife out of nowhere and moved closer to Seth, digging it into the cork and fiddling with the thing for a moment before managing to pull it out. She let out a cry of victory and held up her knife, "Victory is mine!"

The reaper chuckled at her own randomness and placed her knife on the floor, grinning at Seth, "Also, the little speech you did. That shit was deep. Now lets get drunk to the fuck and regret it later, m'kay?"

~~~~~~~~

Kyle gave a chuckle, "Well, you know my daughter, Kyla." The reaper said as he walked towards them. Alpha was now walking by his side, glaring at Runt who backed away and whimpered, sitting down.

Kyle held himself with confidence, he didn't seem scared or nervous in the slightest and the aura he admitted was one of power.

Seth wrapped an arm around Kuro's waist. "Thanks! That sounds like a great plan." He grabbed the bottle and took a deep drink, enjoying the taste. "Damn, that stuff is good, and strong." He moved in and pressed his lips against her, placing the bottle in her hands at the same time. Her lips tasted as great as the wine.

Pulling away he smiled. "If that wine can't get a reaper drunk then I don't know what will. Probably something from Ireland or Scotland. May have to check that out sometime." Now that he was a reaper he would get to see more of the world. When would he have to start reaper duties? He cast the thought away. No need to worry about anything now. It was time to do nothing but enjoy this moment in time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal nodded and walked over to the fireplace. "Yes. I am sure she is having a wonderful time with the new reaper." His nose was scrunched unhappily as he turned back to Kyle, but quickly relaxed it. This man was far different than Mark and needed to be approached differently. "If I were to guess you are her father. What I don't understand is why you would allow your daughter to tortured or even killed. Care to enlighten me?" His words held no accusation, as he already knew that a father could care so little about a child.

Kuro hummed into the kiss, taking a swig of the wine when they broke apart, she passed the bottle back to him while licking her lips, "That is good..." She muttered before sending Seth a grin.

She ended up bursting out laughing at what Seth had said, her shoulders shaking as she laughed, "You aren't wrong there, if that won't get a reaper drunk I have no clue what we should try next, maybe an Irish pint..." She leaned back on her hands in thought.

~~~~~~~~

Kyle gave a soft chuckle, taking a seat and crossing one leg over the other, he gestures for Jack to take a seat as Alpha curled up at his feet, "You're right, I am indeed Kuro's father. But I never wanted a child, let alone two. I was fine with it until Kyla started to disrespect my wishes, so then I would put her in her place and well... A family war had started. I was supposed to become a demon when I died but seems there was a mishap and my soul isn't tainted enough. Kyla has no idea." He gave a chuckle and shook his head, smirk.

Seth sniffed the bottle before taking another drink. "Aye lass." He said in a Scottish accent. "If a pint wilnae dae it, then we wull need tae tak' a trip." He took a last drink for the time being and sat the bottle down next her. It was fun to drink, but they needed something to do while they did it. "We should go watch that scary movie. May not remember much of it if we get too drunk, but it would be fun." Unable to help himself he picked the bottle back up and took a smaller sip, then leaned over and set the bottle on the other side of Kuro so not to drink it all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A twitch of his nose was the only facial sign Jackal gave to show his displeasure of how Kyle had answered. After a moment he too sat down. "Is disrespecting a parent's wish a good enough reason for that parent to abuse a child? I care not what you did to her, you could have cut off her fingers and raped her and I still wouldn't care, but what I do care about is your reasoning. My father did not agree with the path I chose. He felt it would get me nowhere in life, so therefore tried to abuse it out of me. He never did anything too terrible, but the simple fact that he kept beating down the one thing I was good at was enough. So therefore, I take your reasoning as a personal offense." He sat up straight, his golden eyes darkening. If it had been most anyone else, he would have showed them what he really thought about the answer, but not knowing the extent of Kyle's power he stayed seated.

Kuro's shoulder shook with repressed laughter as she slowly shook her head at Seth, biting her lip, "Oh my god no.. Stop it, bad Seth..." She let a few chuckles escape.

She laughed for a few seconds before calming down, "Yeah horror movie sounds good, drunk and a horror movie probably not a good mix but fuck it, why not?" The female gave a shrug of her shoulders.

She picked up the bottle that had been placed next to her and took a drink, placing it down again after, "Let's watch a horror movie, probably gonna regret but hey, gives us something to do right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle heaved a sigh and stood up, "I had no problem with Kyla doing her own thing, but when she started sneaking out and coming back at early hours of the morning I had reason to be concerned, then she dragged Sam into it. I reacted as anybody would, I asked her about it, then I got hit in response. I acted only in self defence and left them all shortly after. I didn't make it a war, they did. Don't lower your view on me because of your past. You're a smart demon, smarter then Mark by a long shot, don't make stupid choices that will effect my view on you."
The tall male then turned his gaze to Mark who visibly flinched when his boss' eyes glowed eerily at him, "And you, stop messing up. This is your last chance if you don't get her necklace I'll just need to do it myself. Stop running off with your tail between your legs at every obstacle you come across."

Mark nodded slowly, sinking into the chair he had sat down in.

"Right." Seth leaned in close, his nose next Kuro's but lips not yet touching hers. His head was starting to feel light, both from happiness and alcohol. "What movie do you have in mind?" Before she could answer he asked another question. "Has anyone ever told you you smell good?" He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, sniffing her hair. He held her like this for a minute before letting go. "I suppose we should go watch that movie." Grabbing the bottle of wine he stood up and smiled at her. "Let us see how scary a movie can be." He held out his hand, offering to help her up.

~~~~~~~~~

Jackal frowned and lifted his head. "In that case I take back what I said. It seems you have every right to do what you did. As a concerned father you had every right to want to find out what was going on, and your family had no reason to think of it as the start of a war. I do not expect us to forget all this, but I do hope we can start over." His eyes turned back to their normal shade, and he leaned forward. "If you don't mind me asking, what is it you plan on doing after gaining enough power?"

Kuro let out a surprised sound when Seth pulled her closer, blinking in confusion as he made a comment on her scent being nice before moving on like it was nothing. Even she had a better tolerance to alcohol then that, "Uhh, let's just watch something well known like final destination or saw..." She muttered, slowly pulling away from the male and standing up.

"We watching it here or my place?"

"It's fine, a simple misunderstanding between two men is bound to happen on occasion. Now as for what I plan to do with all my power once it's restored, I plan to kill off Lucifer and Death, and maybe even the archangels, but they don't play huge part in the prophecy." He walked over to the fire, staring at the dancing flames. Mark stood up slowly.

"Sir, he doesn't know about the prophecy..."

Beta gave a grunt of annoyance, "Because you never told him, ya see there's a prophecy that speaks of a female reaper having lots of hidden power and potential, in the prophecy Death and Lucifer help her unlock these powers when she brings baring a question of her past... Or something like that, by getting rid of Death and Satin not only are we stopping the prophecy, which could pose as a threat, but we get to take over, meaning we can change the rules."

"We could cause a literal hell on Earth." Alpha said with a dark chuckle.

When Kuro stood up on her own Seth lifted the bottle and noticed half it's content was gone. How much of this had he drank? With having rarely had alcohol, and with the alcohol in his past not having too much potency, he figured he better slow down. He set the bottle down and smiled at Kuro. "We can watch at your house. You have the nicer couch." He stepped over and hugged her, placing a kiss on her head. "Sorry. Guess I am somewhat of a lightweight." With it not being easy for reapers to get drunk, this was the understatement of the century.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal nodded at the first thing Kyle said, and stayed still as he listened to the rest. A prophecy? "I don't believe in prophecies. The only one that has control of your life is yourself." He leaned back in the chair. "Now, if I were to believe in this prophecy though, killing Death and Lucifer is a good start, but that is all it is, a start. Who is to say someone else would not come along to take the place of Death and Lucifer? In saying that, would it not make sense to also kill the female the prophecy speaks of?" His eyes narrowed in a relaxed fashion and he smiled. "By getting rid of all three it is far more likely that the prophecy will not come true."

"Pfft, you don't say?" She chuckled and focused on teleporting them both to her home, they appeared on the couch and Kuro got up to put the movie in. Deciding on just putting in final destination, she ended up bending down to put the disc in (giving Seth a very nice view of her ass) before curling back up on the couch. The lights dimmed when Kuro whistled lowly and the movie started.

But Kuro couldn't help but feel... Off.

"Your beliefs are your beliefs, and you have quite the good idea there of killing the prophet herself but, we haven't the foggiest on who she actually is." Kyle sent him an emotionless look, but it didn't necessarily seem like he was annoyed.

"Well I have a few ideas, Kuro or Sam could possibly be the so called 'prophet' maybe Lilith but I highly doubt her, and there was another one whose name I can't remember..." Mark trailed off.

"Meg?" Runt said, earning a nod in response.

"
We've already discussed the possibility of Kuro being the prophet, while she is favoured by both Lucifer and Death she hasn't showed any sign of having lots of potential." Alpha growled. Kyle turned around to face his three 'pets' already sensing at fight about to break out.

"
She managed to survive our attack and even put up a good fight, and you can't say she doesn't have potential Alpha, she threw you across the room if I remember correctly." Beta snapped at the larger hound, earning a snicker from Runt.

"Alpha's just jealous~" The smallest of the hounds taunted, earning a loud growl in response, Alpha lunged for his youngest brother, only being stopped when Beta snapped his jaws at him.

"
Enough! All of you, stop acting like pups." Kyle snarled at the hounds, his voice holding a certain power to it. Runt yelped and darted behind a chair, Beta dropped his gaze to the ground and Alpha just grunted in annoyance, "Mark, if you feel as if Sam is an issue go deal with her, kill the angel too if you must. Alpha, go find Meg and deal with her. Kuro is in her dimension right now so we can't do anything about her." Mark nodded and vanished.

"
And why must I hunt for this 'Meg' female?"

"
Because Beta is the calmest and needs to calm down Runt, and Runt is... Well... Runt." Kyle glared at the large hound who grunted something and faded into the floor. The older reaper then turned his attention to Jack, "Feel free to explore, just don't go in the room on the second floor that has white door handles. The rest of the rooms have grey door handles so you can't miss it."

Seth stared at the scene given to him and did not snap out of the daze until Kuro whistled. She was able to dim the lights by just whistling? That was pretty cool. His attention turned to the movie, while his hand rubbed her shoulder. As the movie played he jumped at some of the scary parts, lightly squeezing her shoulder (something which he would deny later). The movie was also slightly amusing. If it had not been for Kuro he would have tried to cheat Death also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackal watched with approving eyes as Alpha was sent to take care of Meg and Mark was sent to take care of Sam and possibly that angel of hers. Once they killed Kuro it was very likely the prophecy would be no more. He knew very well that would be easier said than done. "I might just have to take a look around then." He told Kyle as he walked towards the door. When he was only a step away he turned to look back. "There is something I would like your help with, so if there is ever anything you need of me just ask, and I am sure we can work something out." He took the last step, opened the door, and went to sight see. He sauntered down the halls, checking out an occasional room, and made sure to avoid the door with the white handles.

Kuro jumped at anything that had caught her off guard, she felt... Wrong, empty almost. Like how you would feel if you had lost a close friend or a pet.

Or a family member...

The reaper jerked away from Seth suddenly, her pulse racing and eyes wide, "Sam!"

She jumped up, the horrible feeling still twisting itself around her gut, "Sam's in trouble, we... We need to go check on her, please!"

Kuro felt wrong, like a piece of her was missing or something.

Kyle gave a nod and vanished somewhere, off to do something or the other. Beta gave a sigh and started to calm down Runt.

Runt, was calm enough, ended up going off to wander, walking up the spiral staircase that led to the second floor, and starting to explore. He came to a stop outside the white handle room and thought for a moment before shaking his head and starting to wander again.

Beta just curled up by the fire and fell asleep.

Seth stared at Kuro as she jumped up and yelled. Sam? His eyes narrowed in thought and finally it hit him. Her sister. Did the alcohol and scary movie cause her to believe this? She did not drink too much so he doubted it so perhaps just the scary movie..
That did not seem likely either, since she had seen it before. Tenshi was watching over Sam thought, right? If anything bad was happening the angel would protect her until more help came. Unless they ended up being the help, and in that case fuck. He would not do well in a fight at all.

Seth stood up and took Kuro's hands in his. "Ok. Let's go check on her. Teleport me with you." He both didn't trust himself to teleport right now, and he wanted to stay close to her in case there really was trouble.

Kuro teleported them both to Sam's apartment, trying to keep her mind clear. They appeared next to Tenshi who was sobbing loudly, at first Kuro thought it was because Mark had wounded him (the demon was there and holding a bloodied knife) but then she followed the angel's tearful gaze.

Numb.

That's how she felt when her eyes landed on the body that was crumpled on the floor, blood pooling from several knife wounds in her gut. The brown hair and now lifeless pale green eyes screamed who it was loud and clear.

Sam.

Kuro didn't pay any attention to Mark as he cackled and teleported, she didn't glance at Death or Lucifer when they appeared either. She just fell to her knees while covering her mouth, tears slowly sliding down her face.

"Oh dear..." Death muttered slowly, turning his gaze towards Lucifer who looked confused as to why Kuro was crying.

"Why 'oh dear' isn't she just going to become an angel or reaper?" Lucifer asked, Death shook his head.

"She has no soul to convert, they're very rare but Mark used a blade that would steel the soul of somebody, meaning you can't bring them back to convert them, they're dead and aren't coming back. Kuro can sense that..."

Seth dropped down next to Kuro and held her against his chest. The words Death spoke to Lucifer rang in his ears. Sam was not coming back. "Kuro.." What could he say? There were no words that could make this better. He closed his eyes and Mark's face flashed in his mind. If his head felt better he would have followed the demon, but it was likely he would teleport to the wrong place if he tried. Perhaps later.

The smell of blood filled his nose and he allowed his eyes to move to the body of Sam. The sister had made Kuro so happy, and now she was gone. Why her and only her? She was suppose to be kept safe. Seth stood up. Walking over he grabbed the front of Tenshi's shirt and forced the angel to look him in the eyes. "Why didn't you do anything? You should either be the one dead on the ground instead of her, or have fallen alongside with her." How could Tenshi have failed such a task? He gave the angel a quick shake, demanding an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.