1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
I enjoy modern fantasy, fantasy, scifi, romance, yuri, romance,adventure, action, all that good stuff. I tend to stay farther away from horror and the like, but thrillers maybe? I guess? I've never really tried so I'd be open to it.
It was always a bit cloudy in Alexandros, it was one of the reasons that the ancestors had first decided to build their kingdom there. The sun barely broke through the thick layer of clouds that always seemed to hover over the region. Victoria was sitting in the garden, her younger sister tending to the flowers that managed to live with the lack of sunlight. Blue eyes glanced to the young brunette and a smile graced her lips before addressing her.

"How do you manage to keep those things alive, Eleanor?" Victoria asked as she stood over her sister. "I thought flowers needed sunlight to stay alive?"

"Not all flowers need sunlight, Tori." Eleanor answered as she glanced over her shoulder. "These little beauties only need sunlight in small doses. And even we get sunny days every now and again, sister."

"You have a real interest in plants, huh?"

"I don't find swords and battle as interesting as you and Victor." The brunette chuckled as she continued her gardening. "You usually don't spend time in the garden, Tori, is it bothering you?" Victoria inhaled sharply and released a slow sigh.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Victoria retorted as she turned away from the younger girl and folded her arms over her chest.

"You're going to be meeting her soon, aren't you? Eleanor continued and Victoria wished her sister hadn't been so perceptive. "You and father are leaving this morning, right?" The brunette turned and smiled at her sister. "Are you nervous?"

"Ellie," Victoria sighed as she shook her head and looked over her shoulder at her sister. "It'd be ridiculous of me to be nervous over someone I've never met." In all reality, Victoria was a bit, apprehensive. Even though she'd never met the Morgana of Lismore, she'd been told she was a kind, responsible young woman. In all reality, she would make a very good wife. A political wife, in the least. The treaty was decided to keep the people of Linsmore safe from the Vampires, not to mention having Vampire allies would greatly increase the efficiency of Linsmore's military.

"Lady Victoria," The woman turned to see one of butlers bowing. "The carriage is prepared for you and the king to depart to Linsmore. You should arrive at sunset." Victoria sighed and nodded.

"Guess I'll be telling you about it when I return home." Victoria smiled at her sister, who bowed and returned the smile. As the woman made her way to the courtyard, she saw her father and brother standing on the steps leading into the palace. Victoria furrowed her brow slightly as she neared and her father noticed her. "Majesty," She glanced at the dark haired young man and frowned. "Brother."

"Sister." After that, the siblings didn't acknowledge one another and the king sighed. "Safe travels to you, father." With that said, Victor bowed before heading back into the palace. Victoria huffed as she turned and entered the carriage, her father following shortly.

"When will you two make up and start speaking again?" Alexander asked as he tapped the roof of the carriage and it started moving.

"When he apologizes for his disrespect." Victoria answered as she looked out the window. "I have no power to quell his jealousy." The king sighed before shaking his head. It was clear his children weren't going to make up any time soon. So he just accepted his daughter's answer and stayed silent for the rest of the ride to Linsmore.

Victoria
asdfgh.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: N4na

Princess.
Your highness?

"Princess!"

Big emerald eyes shot opened in shock as the princess jolted awake in a heap of gasps, scaring the servant girl that hovered over the princess's body. Charlotte pulled herself up into a seating position, taking a moment to relax her nerves before facing the servant beside her "Martha-" the princess paused to catch her breath "What is it?" she asked, her voice still shaky.

"Oh! I'm so sorry m'lady." Martha sighed, bowing her head at Charlotte as she rested her hand against her own chest. Still shaken by sudden rise. "But the queen send me to retrieve you."
The blonde waited for a moment, studying the expression of her handmaiden closely. The look on her face looked worried, almost impatient even. Charlotte wasn't sure why Martha looked so bothered… what is it that I forgot this time?

Martha puffed out her cheeks, irritated at the amount of time the princess was taking to react "You need to get ready your highness, your meeting with the rulers of Alexandros is today!" Martha urged, quickly helping Charlotte off the grassy plain and up to her feet. It wasn't rare of Charlotte to be found dozing off the north-side of the castle. There was just something about the clear blue skies, cooling winds and green scenery that puts princess's mind at ease.

"The meeting… so it wasn't just a nightmare." The blonde wrinkled her forehead at the thought and stuck out her bottom lip, kicking at the grass beneath her like a spoiled child "Martha… do I really have to do this?" Charlotte's voice cracked and her eyes began to water. "Oh come on Princess, stop being such a cry baby. We've already talked about this." Martha turned and started walking back towards the castle, motioning Charlotte to follow "We don't have time for this, come on."
Charlotte dropped her head and a bundle of golden curly hair engulfed the princess's small face. She reluctantly followed the servant, yet trailing far behind.

~~~

A freshly dolled up princess paced back and forth her living quarters. Charlotte appeared to be deep in thought, the tip of her nail resting gently against her rosy lips in an anxious manner. There was a soft knock on the door and the blonde quickly answered for the individual to come in. It's the queen.
"They've arrived." Elspeth announced, the unreadable look on her face didn't help relax Charlotte one bit. The blonde stopped in her tracks, glossy eyes glancing up at her mother in plead. It felt like her entire soul has just shattered into a million pieces.

"Mother-"

"Charlotte please." The queen cut in sternly "It's been settled. You are taking Morgana's place in marrying the heir to Alexandros. That's final."

"But what if they-"

"Enough!" Elspeth ordered, obviously annoyed by the many protests she'd receive before from her daughter "Your father is welcoming them right now. It's time to meet them at the treaty room." The Queen turned, pulling the double doors wide open "Don't forget your etiquettes."

Charlotte
hanaa (2).jpg

• Love
Reactions: Saber
The trip to Lismore wasn't very eventful, to say the least, but it was long. Long enough for Victoria to reflect on her life...her very long life. At one hundred and seven years old, you'd think she would've experienced more in her life, but being vampire royalty had put restraints on her life. She barely got to travel outside of Alexandros at all since she was a child. Once she had reached the age of sixteen, it was all etiquette and politics. Both of which she despised, but such was the fate of the eldest child to the king. There was no getting out of it, though she really had considered letting Victor take her place.

"We're about to arrive." Alexander muttered as Victoria watched the sun dip below the horizon, setting the sky alight with dark reds and oranges. The king glanced at his daughter as the carriage bumped up, changing from a dirt road to cobblestone. They must have been entering the castle city. "Are you nervous, Victoria? I hear that Princess Morgana is a very astute leader. The people of Lismore love her."

"If she's everything I heard, father," Victoria answered as she sat up a bit straighter to look out the window as buildings and the castle came into view. "I'm sure she will make a fine queen."

"And wife." The king sighed as she shook his head and folded his arms over his chest. "Right, Victoria? Isn't that what you always wanted?"

Victoria sighed before rolling her eyes slightly. She would've loved to marry a woman of her choosing, whom she loved, but royalty didn't seem to have that luxury. Even though she hadn't been able to choose her bride, Victoria was loyal to her father's wishes. If this marriage with Morgana of Lismore will help her people and her kingdom, she would gladly do it. Who knows, maybe someday she would grow to care about Morgana if she was as kind as she'd heard. It didn't take much longer once they entered the city to reach the castle. It was rather extravagant, as you would think for royalty, but at the same time, it was very...light and welcoming.

There were servants waiting to open the door to the carriage and the king, and Victoria, stepped out. "Welcome to Lismore, your majesties." A man greeted with a bow, flourishing his hands towards the steps leading up to the castle. "His majesty, King Cedric is waiting just inside to guide you to the Treaty Room." The two vampires just nodded as they made their way up the stairs. The two guardsmen there bowed and opened the wooden doors. There waiting in the foyer, was the king of Lismore.

"Welcome my dear guests." The man greeted with a large smile on his face. "I am King Cedric," The king turned towards Victoria and bowed. "You must be Victoria, I must say, you don't look as old as I was told."

"A perk of immortality, you majesty." Victoria bowed and Cedric chuckled before turning and walking through an archway that led to the atrium, where the king met with commoners and had court. It was large room, but very empty at the moment. They continued following the king until they came to another pair of heavy wooden doors. The servants bowed to the three royals before opening the doors.

"King Alexander, Lady Victoria," The king smiled as he opened his arm up, motioning towards the two women that were already in the room. "I am pleased to introduce my wife, Queen Elspeth, and my youngest daughter, Princess Charlotte."

Victoria glanced between the two women, but there were only two. The woman bowed in greeting before looking at her father, and then at King Cedric. The young woman, Charlotte, didn't look to be much older than Eleanor. "Forgive me for asking, your majesty," Victoria finally spoke again. "But is Princess Morgana not meeting with us?"

• Love
There is no use in arguing at this point, this topic has been on top priority ever since Morgana's disappeared. The King and Queen have been on their toes ever since, trying to figure out different solutions to keep the treaty with Alexandros intact. And Charlotte, seemed to be the only relevant option.

Deep long breaths filled in and out of princess's lungs as she followed close by her mother. Every step they got closer to the meeting room, Charlotte could feel her heart beat faster. It had to take every ounce of willpower to prevent the blonde from dashing the opposite way and locking herself in her bedroom. But a nostalgic and faint image of Morgana's presence lingered in Charlotte's mind, calming the blonde just a bit for her to lift her head up high and keep walking forward until they finally reached a giant wooden door.

Leaf green eyes scanned the treaty room, decorated in Lismore's royal colors and has a rather simple yet sophisticated furnishing. At the side of the room, is a grand sturdy wooden table bordered by tall, accented chairs. A few servants seem to be prepping the table and laying out some refreshments. This, what Charlotte guessed, is where all the agreements between Lismore and other kingdoms happen. A room Charlotte wasn't familiar with at all, but one she knew Morgana had visited before.

The queen and princess turned to face the double doors, the princess gripping on to the fabric of her dress as they waited for the King and royal guests to arrive. Charlotte usually only wears such big and flamboyant dresses like these when she's attending royal balls or paying visit to other nobles. Since she spends most of her time outside or around the village. She normally wears a more light-weight dress, that way it's easier to move around in.

Just then, the giant wood doors opened wide in a single push, revealing the notable proud smile of King Cedric as he entered the room, introducing the guests to his royal family. Charlotte's chest swelled as she gulps up a giant breath of air, holding it in for a moment as the blonde dropped her arms to the side in a stiff manner before returning the greeting with a bow. Her posture straightened as her eyes landed on the dark-haired figures before her, more specifically, the female vampire with the cold stare.

"Ah yes, Morgana…" King Cedric trailed off. His once wide grin turned to a soft smile, and the bright look in his eyes shifted to a serious gaze.

"Why don't you take a seat, your graces." Queen Elspeth spoke up, motioning the guests to take a seat by the table before eyeing everyone else to follow. Charlotte quickly obliged, taking a seat as the servants tamed to their chairs. Once everyone was all settled, King Cedric waved off the servants and waited until the room was completely quiet.

"I apologize for not addressing this sooner, but Princess Morgana disappeared a few nights ago." The king paused, bringing up his broad arms to rest on top the table. He could have easily sent a messenger to Alexandros, but the king wanted to break the news himself, in the flesh. "We were on our way back from a visit to Cordova, when we were ambushed by rouge villagers." The king furrowed his eyebrows and continued "It didn't take long for us to take control of the situation, but by then Morgana was already gone." The king further explained "We figured somebody must've taken her, but after rounding up every single one of those strays… there was still no sign of her. We've sent many search parties, but we've had no luck." The King's hand turned into fists as he recalled the events.

Both Queen Elspeth and Princess Charlotte kept quiet, silently mourning the loss to themselves. "However, we have a solution that might still keep the promise between out treaty." King Cedric spoke up, raising her head so he stared straight at his guests, making sure his proposal sounds loud and clear "My youngest daughter, Princess Charlotte, will be Lady Victoria's bride in place of Morgana."

• Love
Victoria's eyes widened when she heard the "solution" that King Cedric had offered. Not only had Princess Morgana disappeared, they were offering their youngest daughter to them as a replacement. The vampire stayed silent as she rested her elbows on the table and folded her hands in front of her mouth. This was a predicament. The only reason they had agreed to the marriage proposal was because Morgana was such a well known and loved among the people. Someone who was focused on the needs of her kingdom and hopefully, Alexandros as well. What the vampires needed most was someone they could look up to and trust to truly care about their well being. Charlotte didn't look like she was even ready to be attending this meeting.

Blue eyes glanced over to Charlotte before Victoria exhaled slowly and glanced at her father. He looked to be deep in thought, his actions almost resembling hers as he stayed silent. "You will have to forgive our...silence." Alexander offered to the king, as well as the queen and princess. "It just...seemed Princess Morgana was a better fit for my daughter, is all. This new proposition with Princess Charlotte might need some," The king looked at his daughter and sighed. "Discussion, if you'll excuse us for a moment." The vampire king stood, putting his hand on Victoria's shoulder to indicate that she do the same. So the dark haired vampire rose and followed her father to an empty part of the room. "What is your opinion of this situation, Victoria?"

"I'm not sure, Father." Victoria answered as she furrowed her brow and glanced back at the table where the Lismore royals sat. "Princess Charlotte just looks so...sheltered." Victoria answered as she turned back to her father and frowned. "She doesn't look like she is ready to rule a kingdom, or even leave her own. Do you think it would be wise to bring someone so...green, back to Alexandros? Our people need a strong, confident queen. She just looks so..." The vampire looked back at the blonde once more and slightly shook her head. "Unpracticed, and timid." Alexander sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. He felt his daughter's concerns, but at this point, they needed the support of humans to show they themselves, were no threat to other kingdoms. Alexandros's economy was suffering because some kingdoms refused to trade with vampires.

"Although I agree with you, Victoria," Alexander sighed as he looked into his daughter's eyes. "A peace treaty is a peace treaty, as long as the terms are in order, and a replacement is offered for Princess Morgana, that is all that matters." Victoria knew her father was right, but she remembered what it was like to be thrown into politics so early. It was overwhelming and stressful, not to mention it was easy to make enemies. Still, the king made a good point, so Victoria nodded obediently and the two headed back to the table to sit. "I believe we have come to agree," Alexander glanced at Victoria who again, nodded her approval. "We accept the terms of this treaty. If there's nothing else to discuss, Victoria and I would be happy to sign it."

• Love
When King Cedric finished his proposition, Charlotte finally took a quick glance towards their vampire guests. Green hues examined the shocked expressions drawn across the noble's faces, making Charlotte unsure whether she should be feeling relieved or worried. She knows she can never compare to Morgana, the once future successor of Lismore. A soul who never fails to let anyone down, that's who the people of Alexandros and other lands pursued. Who would want a sudden petty replacement, with no much experience of being a ruler at all. However, if it does fail... what were to become of Lismore? This peace treaty promised so much protection, it's brought the villagers to ease. But once its gone, who knows what sort of hiatus is to come.

Letting out a deep breath, Charlotte turned to her parents after Victoria and King Alexander excused themselves for a moment. Her eyes first landing on her father, who lifted up a proud thumb as he cracked a quick grin towards the two females "How was that? I think it's going well." he whispered excitedly and the Queen answered with a simple sigh. Charlotte blinked in response, she knew her dad is a bit more... enthusiastic than most, but even someone as clueless as Charlotte could see the conflict that struck their vampire guest's faces.

When the noble duo returned, everyone at the table tensed, keeping a steady gaze on the guests before them. What they said next, caught Charlotte completely off guard, not expecting them to agree so suddenly. "What?!" the blonde screamed out, abruptly shooting straight up from her seat. Delicate gloved hands rested on the table with a thud as the girl stared wide eyed at Alexandros's Heir and King. Thankfully, the Queen quickly reacted, placing a comforting grip on either side of Charlotte's arms and squeezed them gently "Isn't that great Charlotte? They've decided to agree." a nervous chuckle escaped the Queen's lips "Please excuse her, she's been feeling a little excited about the meeting." The Queen smiled, carefully tugging Charlotte back down into her seat before sending a quick death glare in the way of the blonde. Charlotte internally scoffed at what her mother said, excited, sure... that's one way to put it. Instead, the princess nodded and cleared her throat as she obeyed her mother's subliminal message, sitting back down in her chair.

Taking a moment to calm the loud heartbeat that's pounding from within her chest, Charlotte let out a shaky breath and moved a few strands of golden waves behind her ear. The princess shifted her attention back on the dark-haired vampire, locking eyes with the mysterious creature in hopes to find the true meaning behind Victoria's intentions, but the girl is completely stoic. Not a single amount of emotion could be read... well, what did you expect from the undead. She could feel her face turning hot from the stare-off, almost irritated by the fact that there was no way to read Victoria. Or maybe she's just good at masking it. Breaking off the gaze, Charlotte turned her head away in a huff, folding her arms across her chest as she looked up at her father.

"This is wonderful news." King Cedric spoke up, getting up from the chair and walking over to a counter before grabbing hold of a tray. On it, laid a single scroll of paper along with a stylus and ink. Bringing it over to Victoria and King Alexander, he placed it before the two then clasped his hands together "This calls for a celebration!" the King announced "I think a nice feast should do it? Or maybe something more grand? We should discuss it over a drink."

"Or maybe some rest? I know it was a long journey from Alexandros." Queen Elspeth added "We can have someone ready some rooms for you?"

• Love
Victoria had slightly expected the reaction from Charlotte. The look on the young woman's face when they'd entered the meeting initially told the vampire she didn't want to be there. When the idea of a celebration came up, the vampire sighed softly. She wasn't really one to socialize while drinking, but she knew it was very much a human custom. Still, when the queen intervened and brought up another idea about resting, Victoria nodded to her father. "Resting sounds ideal." Alexander smiled at the hosts. "Though, there is the small hiccup of...well, dinner." Victoria smirked and let out a soft chuckled as she brought her hand to her mouth and hoped it came out as a cough.

"Of course!" Cedric clapped his hands together and nodded his head. "We had some...arrangements made for you. If you'd like we could all retire to the dining hall in a little while after we've all freshened up?" The king looked back at his family, as if waiting for some confirmation while Alexander looked down at Victoria.

"That sounds ideal." Victoria added as she stood, as well as her father and folded her arms behind her back. "This would be a good opportunity for Princess Charlotte and I to get to speak to one another." She glanced at the blonde then with a small smile.

"Excellent." Cedric smiled and gestured to the servant at the door. "Roderick will show you to your chambers so you can rest, change clothes if needed. He will wait outside of the door to take you to the dining hall when you're ready." Victoria nodded as she and her father followed Roderick out of the meeting room. They traveled down the hallway until they came to another set of stairs taking them up another floor. Another hallway with more doors, specifically one at the very end of the hallway where the servant seemed to be taking them.

"Your chambers, your Grace." Alexander just nodded to the servant before he and Victoria entered the room. The room was large and elaborate. Two queen sized beds that were on opposite sides of the room with wooden dividers between were very neatly made with royal blues and gold. There were french doors that led out to a balcony and Victoria sighed as she moved to the doors, opened them and inhaled the fresh air.

"They know we don't sleep, don't they?" Victoria glanced over her shoulder and asked her father. He just chuckled as he sat down on one of the beds. "I mean, we can, but it's not needed. More so as a leisurely activity than out of necessity."

"They're still ignorant to our species, Victoria." Alexander sighed as he rubbed his shoulder and took off his heavy overcoat. "We're still very new to them, just the undead that feed off of blood and can't come in the sunlight." Victoria scoffed softly as she folded her arms in front of her and looked out over the city below her. "This union will do more good for us as well. It will prove we aren't just mindless killers that want to steal the blood from every human's body."

Victoria knew that this was true. People still thought vampires were mindless bloodsuckers, this was a good opportunity to change that speculation. Still, the young woman still had her apprehensions. Charlotte was young, probably a bit naive to the goings on of running a country and tending to people. It was going to be an on the job experience for the young princess. Victoria couldn't exactly hide her displeasure for the whole thing, but she would've been displeased with Morgana as well. She just wanted the freedom to choose her own partner, but that idea was far out of her reach now. The woman sighed as she removed her overcoat as well, leaving her only wearing a white blouse and black slacks with her knee high riding boots. The look made her look a bit less, intimidating. Or at least that's what her sister would tell her.

"I'm ready when you are, father." Alexander smiled as he moved towards the door and opened it. Roderick bowed his head as he began leading them down to the dining hall. Back down to the main floor and entering a room, the heavy doors already opened. The hall was large, easily fitting several hundred people, but now it was empty other than the handful of servants that were finishing setting the long table for dinner. Even though Victoria couldn't digest normal food, she could still appreciate how good it smelled and looked. They had a roasted pig, a couple whole chickens and various dishes of vegetables and breads. If Victoria had been human, she would've been salivating. "I'll wait to see where Charlotte sits, then take the seat next to her. Get to know her a little bit."

"Excellent idea, Victoria." The king gently laid his hand on his daughter's shoulder. "I'm sure you'll find some common ground with the young princess."

• Love
Charlotte's left eye twitch at the mention of the vampires' 'dinner plan'. Without hesitation, Charlotte turned to look up at her father, giving him a rather unamused look. What sort of arrangement exactly? She thought to herself, though she only hoped her father could read her mind at that moment. Straightening out her dress, Charlotte kept quiet at the king's suggestion, kind of like a kid giving their parent's the silent treatment. The Queen on the other hand, gave King Cedric a nod of approval, representing both for her and her daughter.

"This would be a good opportunity for Princess Charlotte and I to get to speak to one another."

The princess tensed as cold, mysterious eyes glanced over at her, causing Charlotte to freeze as if she were in a trance. There was something about Victoria eyes, that just managed to take the princess's breath away. She couldn't quite put her finger on why, but Charlotte just couldn't help staring back over. King Cedric's loud voice managed to snap Charlotte back to reality, quickly breaking off the gaze she had on the Vampire Princess.

Clearing her throat, the princess held onto the sides of her dress and bowed slightly as a servant escorted their noble guests away. The tight feeling in Charlotte's chest dissipated as soon as the Vampires were out of sight.

"Well they were absolutely lovely." The Queen spoke up, turning so she were facing her daughter.

"Indeed. Just as lovely as the fate of our Kingdom." The King's voice softened from before "Now people will think twice about messing Lismore!" The proud grin returned on the king's face as he let out a deep laugh "Well done Charlotte. You've made your parents and Lismore proud!"

Almost taken aback by her father's response, Charlotte furrowed her brow together and turned her head away when she began to feel her eyes begin to sting "Excuse me." The princess sighed "I'm going to my chambers, alone. I shall see you all at dinner." Charlotte added, and with a single lift of her head, golden spirals of hair trailed down her back as she turned and trotted off to her room.
~
After spending most of her time in front of the sink, Charlotte finally decided it was about time she met up with the others for dinner, not before ditching heavy piece of fur that dangled from her back before. Her cheeks were flushed from the many times the princess splashed water on her face. It somehow managed to cool her down a bit.

Finally reaching the dining hall, emerald eyes scanned the room and recognized that all the faces she expected were already in the room. While not making any specific eye contact, Charlotte waited patiently until her father asked everyone to take a seat, so the blonde immediately did.

• Love
Victoria watched as their hosts entered the dining hall and she bowed her head in respect for them. She waited calmly to see where the princess would sit, and then took the seat next to her. The vampire wondered, briefly, if the petite blonde would be put off by her eating habits. After all, vampires could eat human food, but it really did nothing for them. Still, at least they could taste it. Her father took a seat closer to King Cedric, Victoria was sure to talk about other kingly matters that didn't involve arranged marriages between their daughters. Either way, Victoria sighed softly. She was thirsty. And not in the way of a normal human. She swallowed hard as she stared at the others as they started to eat, but didn't make a move to do so herself.

"You must be thirsty."
Cedric said finally, he must've noticed the blank stare that Victoria was giving her empty goblet. "Forgive me for not pointing it out sooner, but that decanter there," He pointed to a solid silver in front of her. "Is for you. Your father has his own so don't worry about taking as much as you need." Victoria bowed her head to the king, truly grateful that he hadn't provided anything for his special guests.

"You're too kind, your grace." She thanked as she took the decanter and filled her goblet almost to the brim. The scent alone was enough to calm her and she brought the goblet to her lips before taking a long drink. It wasn't human, that was for sure, but still good. Enough to keep her full for the next few days, or at least until they got back to Alexandros. After that, she dabbed her lips with the napkin provided and slowly began picking at the food in front of her. "Am I free to speak with you openly, Princess Charlotte?"

Though Victoria knew that Charlotte was to be her wife, she didn't want to be uncouth. She could tell, just by the blonde's heartbeat, that she wasn't one hundred percent on board with this arrangement. So even though Victoria felt the same, she was going to try and be as calm as possible around the young princess. The last thing she wanted was to have an awkward living situation once they returned back to her home, but that would also depend on Charlotte's attitude towards it all. Living with vampires wasn't going to be easy for her. Not everyone followed the laws of the land, and many didn't agree with them.

• Love
Charlotte quickly glanced over at her side when Victoria plopped down in the seat beside the blonde. The princess expected as much that she would have to deal with such close interactions between the vampire sooner than later. They were engaged to be married after all. But what she wasn't prepared for yet, were the 'little' vampire antics still to come. Like having to witness Victoria drink an entire goblet of dark, scarlet-red blood in just one go, definitely made the princess's skin crawl. She tried to divert her attention away by focusing on the trays of food in front of her and fixing herself a plate. Her hand stopped before a platter of pastry-like rolls... these used to be one Morgana's favorite treats. The princess remembered the days when she had to hide some of the rolls within her dress and sneak them off to her sister because the queen had Morgana on some special diet plan, something Charlotte never experienced herself until recently.

The princess's mind returned to present time when Victoria spoke up, causing the blonde to flinch in response and quickly retreated her arms back to her sides "Oh! -erm... yes, go ahead your highness." Charlotte cleared her throat then started smoothing out the skirt of her dress, slowly building up the confidence to face the vampire and her betrothed.

Almost reluctantly, she turned to look at Victoria, who now appeared to have a plate full of food. Charlotte lifted a brow at her curiously, continuously shifting her gaze from the noble vampire to the plate and back. Was she going to actually eat all of that? Charlotte didn't even know vampires were capable of eating human food. Though now, it doesn't seem like much of a surprise anymore. This now sparked Charlotte to possibly question all the other believes she had about vampires, and realized, that in fact she may just be completely oblivious to them. There just may be many more secrets about these dark creatures that Charlotte may not know about, or understand for that matter. Whether they're cruel or not. Second-guessing vampires? Who would have thought one would have to do that, after all those years on solidly believing all these tales. Then again, these tales couldn't have just been made up like that on a whim... can they?

• Love
It wasn't difficult to see that the young princess was nervous around the vampire, and why wouldn't she be? With the rumors, as well as facts, that circulated the human population, it was easy to see why humans would be wary. Still, Victoria kept her expression calm and as kind as she could manage at the time. She picked up her fork and poked at a slab of meat that was sitting between some vegetables and bread. She finally glanced back at Charlotte and offered a small smile.

"I apologize if my...appetite, is a bit off putting."
Victoria absentmindedly licked her lips before cutting the meat and taking a bite. It was a bit satisfying, but mainly bland and a bit bitter. All human food seemed to taste a bit the same. A slight hint of what it should be, but mainly over powered by a bland, bitter after taste. "We tend to try and eat human food around humans to make them feel more comfortable." She turned to look at Charlotte again.

Victoria knew her presence alone could be intimidating, that was just part of her being a vampire. The air around them was always cold and serious, so trying to make casual conversation with a human, let alone a princess she was betrothed to, was more than a little awkward. She cleared her throat before continuing to speak. "So tell me, princess, what are your hobbies? Perhaps there's something that can be arranged once we arrive back in Alexandros." With how strained the conversation was now, Victoria wondered how the trip back was going to be.

• Love
Charlotte nodded her head quietly when Victoria apologized for her eating habits, keeping her eyes fixed on the mysterious creature as she dug into the food "So eating human food is just for show? You don't really need it." Charlotte reassured, glancing over at the kings for a moment. They seemed to be in deep conversation about something, or it was just her father that was being overly enthusiastic. It appeared the vampire King was just joining a long in the meals as well, like it was no bother. "To be honest I didn't even know that you vampires could eat regular food. It doesn't make you sick? Or do you any good for that matter?" Charlotte asked curiously at first, but then she felt a bit reluctant after. Almost as if she's scared to find out something disturbing, or if she can even trust her foreign visitors. After all, she recalled hearing this one story about different ways a person can detect threats such as identifying a vampire before it's too late. It was rumored that if you notice somebody not eating any food, that person is most probably a vampire. Apparently vampire's can correctly digest human food, or others even say that it makes them sick.

However, her doubting thoughts soon disappeared when Victoria changed the subject, one to a more casual topic question that sparked Charlotte to chat away like she would with a normal human "Well I love watching shows like plays, parades, competitions and many other acts!" Charlotte's whole aura softened as she got lost in her thoughts "I also really enjoy sightseeing, I could spend hours just relaxing and watching the scene. I love capturing the moment, that way I can never forget. That's why I always find myself sketching or painting a beautiful moment." A giant, almost drooly smile spread across her face from the moe thoughts "I just want to keep it forever!"

At that last exclamation Charlotte realized she had lost herself too much in the conversation, resulting her to retreat to her old careless, childish and blabbermouth self than the mature and classy noble façade her mother tried to put her up to "S-Sorry for rambling on." Charlotte quickly faced her plate, feeling slightly flustered, allowing a few golden strands hair to fall past her shoulders to shield her blushed face "I - uh... I mean! W-what about you? Do you have any hobbies?"

• Love
"Human food isn't a necessity, no." Victoria answered as she poked around, glancing at the plate and sighing. "It holds no nutritional value, and not every vampire can eat it. For some, they won't digest it properly and it can cause some...intestinal distress. Others they wouldn't even manage to swallow it or even stand the smell. A vampire can train themselves to eat it, but it'd take years and a lot of them don't see the need." She wasn't sure if her answer was as detailed as it could have been, but that was the long and short of it. Some vampires could consume human food, others couldn't.

As the princess began to tell Victoria of her hobbies, Charlotte's age and inexperience were starting to show the more the young princess spoke. Not that the inexperience bothered Victoria at all, but the vampires in Alexandros were expecting a politically honed princess. More so for the fact that it would make the kingdom and its residents more...respectable, to have a princess who knew how to handle political situations and being in the public eye. Victoria just nodded, listening to Charlote chatter on about her hobbies as the vampire took a long drink from her goblet. She enjoyed sightseeing, that would be something they could do once they return to Alexandros. Maybe Victoria would be able to acquaint Charlotte with the castle town and meet some of the people.

"Not at all, princess." Victoria answered as she dabbed her lips with the napkin. "The more I know about you, the more I can accommodate and make your life in Alexandros more comfortable. We want you to feel at home and have your freedoms." Victoria put a piece of bread into her mouth and went through the motions of chewing and swallowing. "My younger sister, Eleanor, very much enjoys the arts as well. I'm sure you two will get along splendidly."

The thought of Eleanor put Victoria at ease knowing that Charlotte would have something in common with her. The younger vampire was interested in Victoria's bride-to-be and would surely want to get to know her better. On days that Victoria wouldn't be able to see Charlotte often, it would be good to have Eleanor look after her. Thinking of her younger sister also made her think of Victor. She tried not to let her expression show her irritation when thinking of him, and she hoped that Charlotte would catch it, but she felt her eyebrow twitch ever so slightly.

"Do you have any siblings, princess?"

• Love
The princess perked up slightly when Victoria brought up her younger sister. The thought of knowing someone else other than Victoria and the King from Alexandros somehow eased the blonde's mind. And she's a fan of the arts for that matter. Despite being fairly close to her own sister, the two didn't exactly share the same interests all the time. It only seemed to get worse as they grew older, Morgana stopped her occasional adventures with Charlotte and spend more time with kingdom duties. Nothing else seemed to have mattered to Morgana, except when tending to the villager's needs, seasonal land crisis and of course, dealing with possible foreign threats.

The blonde was so deep in thought, she nearly forgotten she was still in the middle of conversing with her vampiric guest. However, the next question that was brought up didn't exactly help Charlotte extinguish her previous thoughts.

"Well... aside from Morgana, no. I would be the last child of the Lovell." Forcing a smile, Charlotte lifted her gaze from her plate and up to Victoria "Your sister sounds lovely by the way." She did her best to bring the conversation back to Victoria. As mysterious as the vampire looks, it can very much be applied to her persona as well. It may appear that Victoria and the king are civil people, it doesn't change the fact that Charlotte doesn't exactly trust them. These creatures have a fearful history for a reason and whatever it is that Charlotte knows about is right or wrong... She's determined to find the truth. For the sake of her own safety, the people of the kingdom and any other who decide to involve themselves with the vampires, as her father once said.

"Do you have other family members I should be aware of?" she asked calmly, her thin fingers coiling around the stem of her goblet as she lifted it up to her blossomed colored lips.

• Love
Victoria was pleased that the conversation with Charlotte seemed to be going smoothly. Or as smooth as it could go at their first meeting after learning that she was going to wed the younger princess instead of Morgana. Really the whole situation seemed to be going better than she had previously thought. Even though Charlotte was young, that left room to grow and learn. Perhaps even the young princess's opinion on vampires wouldn't be so swayed since she wasn't so set in any solid beliefs or harsh stereotypes. The vampire listened quietly as she poked at her food and drank from her goblet, she was a bit surprised to learn that Charlotte was the only other child besides Morgana to the king and queen.

In times like this, it was more common for kings to have several children, illegitimate ones included. Though they would never rise to the thrown, bastards were still treated as heirs by some rulers. As long as there was still a strong bloodline. That was something Victoria was glad her father was never obsessed about. When her mother had passed, he had no desire to wed again and was happy with his three children. Though the fact that they would age much slower and essentially could never die by natural causes was probably a good reason not to pursue any more offspring.

The vampire paused slightly when Charlotte asked if she had any other siblings. She hadn't forgotten, how could she? But she had hoped, somehow, that the mention of Victor wouldn't get brought up until they had actually arrived back in Alexandros. Now that the question had been asked, Victoria, however, had to answer. She set her goblet down, dabbing her lips once more before clearing her throat. Just the thought of Victor made her a bit irritated with how they had left previously.

"I do, actually." Victoria put on a calm smile and glanced down at the petite blonde. "I have a twin brother, Victor. He's a bit..." Victoria wasn't sure if she should lie or tell the truth, maybe soften it a bit even. "He's very quiet and loyal to the kingdom, though he also harbors a grudge against me because I'm the older of us, even if it is by mere minutes. In all honesty, I doubt you'll come in contact with him too much. He tends to keep to himself the past couple months."

Victoria hoped that the mention of Victor's begrudging demeanor wouldn't give the princess any ill thoughts towards him. Though they would be deserved, but perhaps he would surprise them all by being civil towards Victoria and Charlotte when they arrived back home. Victoria inhaled slowly before trying to ignore the lingering annoyance of Victor's attitude in her mind when King Cedric voice echoed in the large hall.

"When you're finished, please, feel free to explore the grounds or retire to your quarters." He smiled as servants began to clear the table away of empty plates and half eaten food. "The queen and I will be retiring to the gardens if you'd like to join us."

"A kind offer," Victoria glanced at her father as he spoke and bowed his head to Cedric. "But my daughter and I will be returning to our quarters. I'm afraid, after a meal such as this, we tend to get a bit...sluggish. Not much for entertainment, you see."

"Of course." Cedric nodded and a moment later, he and the queen exited the dining hall, hands clasped and chatting quietly.

"Thank you for the conversation." Victoria stood and bowed politely to Charlotte before standing up straight again. "Although my father is right, when we eat human food we do tend to get rather tired, please, feel free to stop by our chambers if you want any more information about Alexandros or the position you will hold there."

With that said, Victoria turned and followed her father out of the dining hall. The effects of the rich blood and heavy food were already starting to hit her. She felt warm and heavy, but content. She was full and honestly, a nap sounded delightful to her at that moment. When they reached their room once more, Victoria unbuttoned her formal jacket and laid it on the bed before sitting down on it. She untucked her white blouse and fell backwards with a soft thump.

"How did you find the princess?" Alexander asked as he sat down on his own bed and began loosening the collar to his jacket. "She isn't Morgana, but she seems kind and warm. Something that Alexandros won't be used to, that I can assure you. And she's pretty, though I heard Morgana was quite the beauty."

"She's young, but open minded." Victoria answered as she rested her hands on her stomach and closed her eyes, choosing to ignore the comment made about Charlotte's appearance. "Though Morgana is a loss politically, I think Charlotte will be able to win the people over. She seems thoughtful, though I believe she will need some guidance." There was a short pause before Victoria sat up on her elbows and looked at her father who appeared to be asleep already. "Do you think she'll be ready to leave tomorrow morning?"

"It's hard to tell." The king answered quietly as he shrugged his shoulders. "She's young, this is most likely the first time she will have traveled far from her own kingdom. You will have to make sure to be understanding and kind when we arrive back home. I know this is a marriage of circumstance, but she will still be your wife and you will have duties to uphold for her."

"Of course, father." Victoria sighed softly as she let her head fall back once more, her eyes closing this time. She wasn't sure if she was going to be a good wife. She'd never had to care for someone that she didn't actually have feelings for before, but as long as she held Charlotte in a good light, it wouldn't be hard to be kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.