Tied to a minor chord

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Maybe for you." her eyes full of doubt, searched through the packet, still rather intimidated. "What about these graphing ones?"

"Easy algebra I stuff its graphing parabolas." He simply replied. "I will help you...free of charge of course."

"'Of course'? Now you're just taunting me. Without you I'd be studying for hours and without any way to correct my mistakes and you won't even let me buy you snacks. I really appreciate what you do. So far I've been on the receiving end of this friendship, when you have a request, let me know." She insisted, pointing her pencil at him. He was so kind she wished there was more she could find to do for him.

"All right, all right ill let you know when I need something I always try to solve things myself so I don't drag other people into a dilemma they don't need to be in." He had a pained look in his eyes but tried to hide it behind a kind, smiling face. "don't worry I wont ever expect anything but progress from you." he had finished with another sip from his coffee.

"Thank you, that's all I want, to help." She said without having any notion of how significant that agreement could be. Satisfied she set to work, progressing through the packet. He was right, the problems themselves were not difficult, it was her little mistakes that made out challenging. "What did I do wrong on this one? The leg can't be longer than the hypotenuse right?"

"Correct. See you are beginning to not need my help." He smiled at her progress and realized he was a big help to her and that she would pass geometry with his help. Then came the realization that he may not see her again he had always dreaded this moment but was ready to take it full on none the less.

Megan was pleased to be improving and smiled as she worked "That's good, you won't be there to help on the test. Now about this parabola, does it open up or down?"

"It opens down." He had pushed the thought out of his mind and focused on helping her study.

Somewhere on the other side of the large coffee shop a few scattered notes sounded, testings the acoustics. Genoa hosted live concerts nearly every Saturday evening and today it was a small folk band with a plethora of instruments on hand, each needing to be tested with the microphone before the performance. Megan glanced towards the noise confused at first, then remembered the poster on the shop's bulletin board announcing the event. "I totally forgot they have people come in and play."

"I like this place." He had been glad that he had ran into this intriguing young woman, if he hadn't he probably would have been at home shut off from the rest of the world refusing to eat or sleep for days on end to practice the flute or play video games. "Well, I wonder what time it is."

Megan turned around in her chair searching unsuccessfully for a clock. "Almost 7 apparently, according to the poster that is when it's supposed to start, ." The coffee was plenty cool, but at least it would help fill her stomach. She had been so caught up paying attention to math, and Will, she had hardly noticed until now that she was starting to get hungry. She determined not to say anything, today was her chance to see him paying attention to things besides math.

"Hmmm...i guess majora's mask can wait till later ... Hey, are you hungry because im gonna head to the counter and buy some food, you want anything?" He wanted to hurry up so he could sit down to listen to the tone quality of the instruments.

"Yes! If you're going to eat I can eat. Any chance you'll let me pay" It was doubtful, but worth asking, she turned her head at him questioningly and got from the chair to go to the counter.

"Only if i cant talk you out of it." he had tried to tease her by saying that.

Then I won't give you that chance! She thought with a crafty smile and dug up every memory she had of the beginning of Majora's Mask. "Deal. Another question, what in the world was Tael talking about with 'the 4' that Link needs to go find: mountain, swamp, river? no, Ocean! and um...valley?"

He gave a smug grin. "That one is easy what Tael meant by "the four" was that Link had to free four giants from the swamp, mountain, ocean, and valley and then use the song oath to order to call them to stop the moon from crashing into clock town."

"Really the Moon? The giants make sense then, how did that death kid guy arrange a Moon crash? And on poor clock town no less..."

They came to the front of the line. Megan ordered a panini and pulled out a $20 that could cover both their meals if he actually did let her pay.

"It wasn't the Skull kid, but rather the mask he is wearing which is the mask of majora aka Majora's Mask hence the title Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask." He replied. "And just a random funfact tatl and tael are a deviation of tattletale." He chuckled at his own nerdiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oooh, I'll never forget their names now. Very cute." It was fun to listen to him talk about the game, the characters, the story. It seemed like something he could do for hours, except that music would be taking over soon.

"I could go on for hours about the Majora's mask plot line, and I agree it is very kawii. Aside from that looks like the band is starting...we haven't settled who is paying." He wondered if he should pay regardless, but then thought that would only piss her off.

Status
Not open for further replies.