Things You Hate About Valentine's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
nooo.gif

Seriously though, why so many? Diana is going to have a fit.

There's also the thread that started it all, the valentine shout outs! So now there's three positive, two negative and one wtf neutral. NOOO BALANCE

I dislike pink and hearts everywhere. And the chocolate that makes me fat but I can't resist! And AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL of these valentine threads D: This is the siiiiiiixth thread in a few hours! What the fuck guys. Diana will get a heart attack when she logs in.

Not helping! >:[

Reactions: Razilin
"Oh, I love you sooooo much, mmmmwah~ Desu."
"I love you more, Mwah, mwah~ Desu."
"No, I love YOU more, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWAGH~ Desu."
"I love you so much more than you love me, MWAH, MWAH, MWAH~ DESU."
"I love you so much that I will make you mine and only mine... forever...~ desu..."

That.

Valentine's Day is a day rife with the corpses of those who dared to look funny at a yandere's love.

Reactions: dragonesper
There must be parity in the glut of threads. We had love and hate, now we have like and dislike. Oh, and whatever the fuck Asmo did, which I guess counts as neutral. Balance achieved.

Whyyyy

"Oh, I love you sooooo much, mmmmwah~ Desu."
"I love you more, Mwah, mwah~ Desu."
"No, I love YOU more, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMWAGH~ Desu."
"I love you so much more than you love me, MWAH, MWAH, MWAH~ DESU."
"I love you so much that I will make you mine and only mine... forever...~ desu..."
Those lovers sure do sneeze a lot.

• Love
Reactions: Hydronine
I dislike the fact Valentine's Day hearts are anatomically incorrect. How can someone truly know love if they can't see the ventricles?

It's just another unremarkable day like any other. It's kind of like St. Patrick's day, only instead of embodying semi-racist caricatures of Irish alcoholism, people are pretending to love extra hard while quietly freaking the fuck out they didn't try hard enough to please a fickle partner who buys into this shit.

Either way, I suppose it's a night you can't get a good seat at a restaurant. That sucks.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Valentine's day used to be my national holiday of "Hydronine gets sick before second period because she ate EVERYTHING" conversation hearts, all those colored candies, and all the flowers would end up making me VIOLENTLY SICK.

I remember one wonderful valentine's day where I managed to do a literal technicolor yawn and projected it quite a distance...

Now I just hate how everyone's all like "Oh my gosh, we need to do this, this, this, and this today! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY OUR RELATIONSHIP IS VALIDATED IN THE EYES OF OUR COMMUNITY"

Yeah... about that... I'm near-broke all the time. Not so fun.

EDIT

I dislike the fact Valentine's Day hearts are anatomically incorrect. How can someone truly know love if they can't see the ventricles?
Yeah. You know the commercial hearts are shaped like an ass, right? Also there are other theories that the heart is based on how the first contraceptive looked (It was a plant. the leaves or something.) Also the other thought is it's two real hearts held together <.<;;

I go with the ass answer as what I want to believe.

Reactions: Dervish
Valentine's day used to be my national holiday of "Hydronine gets sick before second period because she ate EVERYTHING" conversation hearts, all those colored candies, and all the flowers would end up making me VIOLENTLY SICK.

I remember one wonderful valentine's day where I managed to do a literal technicolor yawn and projected it quite a distance...

Now I just hate how everyone's all like "Oh my gosh, we need to do this, this, this, and this today! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY OUR RELATIONSHIP IS VALIDATED IN THE EYES OF OUR COMMUNITY"

Yeah... about that... I'm near-broke all the time. Not so fun.

EDIT

Yeah. You know the commercial hearts are shaped like an ass, right? Also there are other theories that the heart is based on how the first contraceptive looked (It was a plant. the leaves or something.) Also the other thought is it's two real hearts held together <.<;;

I go with the ass answer as what I want to believe.

Maybe it's shaped like an ass to make you think of chocolate.

This corporate nesting doll has layers.

Reactions: Hydronine
One thing that annoys me with V-Day is the obsessiveness people have with it. They idea you have to be in a relationship, and that those who don't have one are somehow wrong.
Hell, it's probably this stigma against single people that has caused the birth of joke holidays as "Forever Alone day".

Though that issue with the holiday is honestly a minor one compared to my main gripe.
The fact that people see it as the one day a year to express love to their partner, I mean what?
You have 365 days a year to express your love to this person, you spend only one of them to do it in?

Aren't relationships meant to be about constant love and affection?
Now I'm not saying every day be hearts, roses, chocolates etc.
But the fact there's only one day people feel a need to express there 'love' honestly suggests to me that these people don't even know was 'love' is.

The only thing I hate about Valentine's Day are those disgusting chalk heart things.. I can't even bring myself to call them candies.

Oh, and Palmer chocolate. Never buy your loved one Palmer's chocolate. It's disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.